• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do The Mario 4 [It's Uair]

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928

Click for video.

Contributor List:

Name - Region - Color - Est. Clips
KMFBrawler - Europe - Red - 6
steep - Midwest - Blue - 10
XeroXen - Midwest - Black - ???
Coolwhip - Midwest - Yellow - 5-7
Teb - NorCal - Red - 5-8
stack - Atlantic North - Red - 3-5
rko - Europe - Blue - 3
Matador - Atlantic North - Fire - 8
Flameleon - Mexico - Default - ???
Monk - Atlantic South - Coca-Cola - ???
2fast - Atlantic North - Fire - 4-7
LilG912 - Atlantic South - Blue - 3-7

[collapse=FAQ (Read it.) ]FAQ

Q: What is "Do The Mario"?
A: "Do The Mario" is a series of community gameplay videos highlighting the current overall metagame of Mario in SSBB. "Do The Mario 1" originally began in 2008 and this will be the 4th video.

Q: Who will be doing the editing?
A: I will be doing most of the editing to the video. You can see some of my older works here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FireMario149

I will also have editing support from my sister "animAevids" You can see some of her works here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/animAevids

Q: I can only provide 3-4 clips. Is that okay?
A: Yes it is, every little bit helps.

Q: How do I send in a clip?
A: First, post in this thread saying that you are willing to contribute, then you can send me a message as to how you want to send the clips to me. You can send me the replay through Wii Friend Codes, but for the sake of organization, I would prefer something like Mediafire or even e-mail to keep your replay from getting lost.

Q: I don't main Mario, but can I still be a part of DTM4?
A: Yes, everyone is welcome to contribute.

Q: What other ways can I contribute?
A: I'm still looking for someone who is good with Brawl hacks and Gecko OS. If you know a good Mario, then suggest this video to them. Also you can just hype up this video!

Q: What kind of clips are you looking for?
A: Preferably tournament matches or "serious friendlies". I am allowing Wifi matches, but if it is completely apparent that there was major lag or the other player wasn't paying attention, then don't bother sending it in.

Q: I have this awesome clip that I've got recorded on my iPhone. Can I send it in?
A: Unfortunately, no. Clips must be provided in .bin file format to protect the overall quality of the video and allow me to record at different angles and such. I'm going to be very strict about it. If you have any problems with that, post your complaints here.

Q: My clips are kind of old. Can I send them in?
A: That depends on the quality of the clip. Anything older than August 9th 2009, aka the release of Do The Mario 3 will probably not be considered.

Q: Hey! You didn't use the clip I gave you!
A: While everyone is able to contribute, not all clips provided may not be in the final video. This is to ensure that the highest quality gameplay is showcased. That being said, that topic is up for argument and there's still no harm in contributing. What I'm trying to say is BRING YOUR BEST!
[/collapse]

[/center]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1_1qqMRw

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll see if I can get some clips saved from the tourney I'm going to in a couple weeks, if you want any from me that is. I could also look through my friend's Wii and see if there are any moments worth having on there (tons of clips of my play since I began playing competitively, some of them are generally pretty bad but have some sexy moments).

There are also some clips of me on youtube that we could get, but those are fairly old. I assume you want more recent stuff.

Name: XeroXen
Region: Huntington, IN. (OH MAN MIDWEST)
Color Mario: Black. A.K.A. Hard-Gay Mario.
Estimated Clips: No idea.

SKidd

Smash Master
Wii started working again!

Name: SKidd
Region: BC, Canada (West Coast)
Color Mario: Normal/Default/Red
Estimated Clips: 6? 7? We'll see.

What methods would you be receiving clips?

Edit: Sorry dudes =(

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wii, Email, Mediafire whatever is best. I updated the FAQ.

Matador, can I get a temp sticky please : )

SKidd

Smash Master
Wii, Email, Mediafire whatever is best. I updated the FAQ.

Matador, can I get a temp sticky please : )
Ah, I see. I wish I could send them to you with a file sharing site.

I shall add your Wii code then? And what about seeing other online Brawl mutually? 4707 8375 8321 4452 is my Wii Code, my Brawl one is 0946 4003 8655.

Sticky this, Matador!

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Name: KMF
Region: Europe, The Netherlands.
Color Mario: Red.
Estimated clips: I have like 10 min. of footage on my PC (yes, pre-recorded), so I guess I will send in like 6. If you'll need any more clips, you can just say so. All of my clips go back from summer 2010 until now.

As for Brawl Hacks, I can help you with custom music and textures using Riivolution.

Since my clips are pre-recorded, I'll send them through Mediafire.
I'll also send you the clips I already received (from Rko, steep and TEB).

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
KMF if you don't have the replay files, then it's probably better to provide newer clips.

It's not like we need the replays right away.

Thanks for the sticky!!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Let's say there was a super sexy moment in a free for all that may or may not have had items involved. Could we send you that clip? You don't even have to use it, but you just may find it so physically attractive that you can't resist from sliding it into Do the Mario 4.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
KMF if you don't have the replay files, then it's probably better to provide newer clips.

It's not like we need the replays right away.

Thanks for the sticky!!
Allright, i'll try. Didn't think of this option xd.
As for the clips I already received: You'll have them wednesday. Sorry for the delay

steep

Smash Lord
Name: steep
Region: MW (Indiana)
Mario Color: Blue
Estimated # of Clips: Still going to offline tourneys and playing wifi, so idk how many clips. I sent 3-4 to KMF already, so maybe 10ish clips hopefully by the end of this?

Also, KMF are you able to say who did what in the recordings we sent you already? like are you able to know which person sent you what clips?

Also, there's a nice stock/kill i've got @ 1:35 - 1:55 in this video:

Rogue Blades (Marth) vs steep (Mario)

EDIT: Fire!, when can i find you on wifi so i can send you vids? I just had an awesome combo on a snake player on Battlefield. it was with the steep combo!!!! New and improved though! uair-uair-utilt-up b angled backwards to land on top platform-follow with another uair = ~48% combo.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Awesome, so it looks like this is happening!

Also Vato, if you wanna be in this, I'm down with you, lol. (Maybe)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Name: Coolwhip
Region: Illinois (Midwest)
Mario color: Original, yellow/purple
Clips: 5-7 (Or more, who knows?)

Bo, C'mon man, get down with me on dtm4. We IL marry-o's gotta be in this!

EDIT: Fire, i'll send you clips tomorrow. :)

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
Name: Theelitebrawler [Teb is easier]
Region: North California
Mario Color: Classic/Dark
Clips: 5-8?? I already have 5 but Im going to try to get some
fresh clips

stack

Smash Cadet
NNID
stack0123
Name: stack
Region: Atlantic North (New Jersey)
Color Mario: Regular (Red)
Estimated Clips: 3-5 (I'll update if I can provide more)

Sadly, I can't attend any offline tournaments anytime soon, so all of my replays will be Wi-Fi matches. I hope that's acceptable.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
If I can get in, do I have upload my replays on mega upload to send it or just send it to someone from wii to wii?

Btw, I'll use any Mario (color) cept Green and Fire, I'm from South/EC
Whatever's easiest. I'd prefer a download site to help me keep organized, but I'm fine with whatever.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
http://www.mediafire.com/?pg8gfdi55j80a68

^ There ya go, Fire!
I'd send you the details in pm on stock kills/combos etc....

It's nine clips overall. I can send more if ya need it.
Sucks my boy flameleon won't be in part 4. He doesn't have the clips.
He has tons on yt, but, it's already pre recorded.

EDIT: I guess i'll give you detail on stock kills/combos here

1. Vs. pika 3rd (Combo)
2. Vs. snake 3rd (Stock)
3. Vs. Pit 2nd (Stock)
4. Vs. Sheik 2nd (Stock)
5. Vs. two sonics 3rd (Stock) Both was on there last stocks. I did them wrong. xD
6. Vs. Falcon 3rd (stock)
7. Vs. Lucas 1st (stock)
8. Vs. Ike 3rd (Stock)
9. Vs. Falcon....I guess i'll leave that up to you, fire. :cool:

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Also, KMF are you able to say who did what in the recordings we sent you already? like are you able to know which person sent you what clips?
Yes, I'll get that done.
You guys may slap me in the face now: I forgot to bring my SD Card to my dad's house, and now the replays are not here to upload them.
Once again, I'll try to get them to Fire! asap.

steep

Smash Lord
Fire! i have some clips i want to send you but i can't until we meet on wifi! when can you be on?

steep

Smash Lord
After you add FC's and wii #'s, you still have to be on wifi at the same time once before you can send data to each other. I had to in order to send videos to KMF before.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
oh wow I would love to contribute to this, but I erased this really good replay where I used fludd to push a marth who was doing fair and the lag caused by the move combined with the water that kept him at distance allowed me to fsmash him.

steep

Smash Lord
that's weird I don't have to be on at the same time to send replays to my friends.
There seems to be some miscommunication here. Yes you can send them while you aren't both online. but before you can send them in the first place you have to be online once at the same time. it's like accepting a friend request before being able to contact each other.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
is that all the replays you were going to give or were you planning on getting more?

Also...if we can get 15 contributors, I'll make a trailer! (Considering I have a Brawl hack guy by then.)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It's more of a consultant really. Just someone I can ask questions to and help me get stuff. Helping make the gct would be nice too. Off the top of my head I would need...

-A stage with a solid color background. Something that is easy to mask.
-Help on animation hacks
-The simple stuff like removal of HUD/Tags, Infinite Replay, Unrestricted Camera, same costume color.

I'll probably get more ideas as things move forward.

While we're on the topic, what is everyone's opinions on texture hacks in the actual gameplay. If so, they would be probably simple ones like Smash Skiff and the like. Nothing too big.

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
I know how to use hacks fairly well. I could supply you with a .gct I know how to use Gecko O.S/Homebrew but I have no idea how to make texture hacks but if you have any questions I will be glad to answer!

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
that's weird I don't have to be on at the same time to send replays to my friends.
Only the 1st time you need to see each other online on Brawl.
Fire, do we need another trailer? As I said before, it would only slow down the whole thing.
And yes, I'm down with textures, I use them myself.

steep

Smash Lord
So i have a question. And maybe this will sound nooby, but i'm just curious. If I save a replay with infinite replays on, and it's over 3 minutes, doesn't the other person have to have infinite replays on in order to view it? What if I send a replay and they don't have infinite replays? Will they not receive it? Or will they only see the first 3 minutes?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yeah, I'm unable to get you those hacks mostly because I'm unsure of how they work and stuff. Other than unrestricted camera and infinite replay. Removing tags from replays may not be possible, but if you record without the adding tags to replays they aren't there. It might be possible, idk. And can't you remove the HUD on replays by pressing a button while it's playing?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Teb, do you know how to do stuff like solid color backgrounds and character animations? In terms of backgrounds, it would be something like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsm5f3VmNE)
All the hacks I would be asking are ones people have already made so it's more about finding them and putting them in the right place.

KMF, the last trailer was made by BO X7 over a year ago so all the hype's gone. Plus since we're in the recruiting phase right now, I have time. The trailer would be really simple, just to re-gain hype.

steep you can send a 4 minute replay to a non-hacked Wii and they can watch the whole thing. The game just restricts you from saving long replays. That what I did with my friend.

Xero, I'm pretty sure you can remove the HUD, but only when your tracking a single character with it. I'm not sure you can remove it with the default camera active.

Top Bottom