• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Recently I've been trying to pick up a new character, but the one that catches my interest is Ganon. He has nice punishes and low percent kills. Only problem is he sucks.

Let's look at his match-ups from the Official BBR Match-up charts :D

-4: MK, Falco, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Shiek
-3: Snake, Diddy, Martha, Pika, Dedede, G&W, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Tink, Fox, Pit, Peach, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Yoshi, Samus
-2: Wario, Kirby, Rob, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Sonic, Ike, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Jigglypuff, Zelda
-1: Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link

D: WTF not even a single advantage or equal match-up.

I say, in the name of balancing the game and making it fair for the smaller fraction of players who main ganon, we nerf things until Ganon is now 'playable,' and thus the game is currently broken by every other character in the game.

Sure, you're most likely asking yourself, "what will the players who don't main Ganon do since these changes to the game might make playing other characters who aren't Ganon too extreme to overcome". I say, let them adapt or fall back to their secondary. If their secondary isn't ganon, I'm sure that if they keep falling back to the next character they'll fall on ganon. It's only dropping everything you've ever practiced in the game if you have to start from scratch, it's not that bad. Plus it's in the name of fair gameplay so obviously they just need to man up.

"Oh I see, so obviously since frame data, tournament results, tier lists and charts show that ganon is completely at a disadvantage in every match-up, we should nerf anyone above him until he is now a playable character"

Exactly! Trust me, from lurking these forums for a long while, I can tell that the community believes that nerfing a character to make it fair for other characters when the match-up is consistently unwinnable or even at a slight disadvantage, it's definitely a go. Besides, we have frame data, tournament results, tier lists, charts, and science to back this up. What do we do? Simple!

Ganon Rule:
1. Ganon wins all time-outs despite stock or time outcomes.
2. If the match goes to sudden death, Ganon wins by default.
*In the results of a mirror match, the match will play out like normal.

Sure these changes gameplay, but I'm sure that everyone will undestand that by allowing Ganon to never have to approach, he will have a much better chance of winning a match. Sure this will influence players to drop the 'either I'm winning and it goes to time, or kill him 3 times" ideal method of playing, but hey it's to make things fair and I know that the community is all about making the game non-broken for others.

Either that or we ban everyone who is better than Ganon. :D

When a game requires nerfing or limiting a character for some consistently unwinnable or even slight disadvantaged match-ups, it is obvious that the best thing to do is just ban the character instead of crippling the character.

I'm sure that many Ganon mains like myself have considered quitting brawl all together because of any other character who puts ganon at a disadvantage, so obviously it's not our fault of being a character that is well known for not having an advantage. We shouldn't take the heat for knowingly walking into match-ups that are unwinnable when we can just pick someone else that allows us to have more equal match-ups.

So either which is it? Ban anyone who is better than Ganon because of frame data and science or imply a special rule that nerfs all characters putting Ganon at a disadvantage for balancing gameplay?

..or maybe the answer is to just do nothing..

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. I'm sure that with enough attention, the backroom will have to do something about this horrible horrible situation that shadows our Brawl community.

-Ran

Smash Master
Cute thread, but a rule isn't going to be made for a character that is only played by .44% of the competitive scene.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There was a rule limiting Dedede's infinite a while back, there are barely more Dededes than Ganondorfs.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
While I love the irony and intended goal of this thread.... (i c wut u did thar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom