• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combination of Domination

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright guys, finally the results thread is up. Just want to throw a big shoutout to all those that helped at this tournament. Shoutout to all those who brought those precious tvs, how crts can be so golden at times. I really want to see a step up for next time though, but I do understand that the trip to sauga must have thrown a lot of you guys off. Shotouts to ryanfw and fool for helping me with registration, I took time away for you guys to **** around, sorry but just know I appreciate it. Shoutouts to Tin for seeding so damn godlike and for his microphone voice, thank you to Iliad for seeding. Shoutouts to the eye candy (pharaoh, googs, yuuki, carter and the rest of sauga, jMo wit dat purple shirt LOL, Tin in an undershirt with those muscles, Hamilton in general) yes homos. Shoutouts to how precious water can be, to the cool room, the food, and Quebec for adding to the mad hype. So much went down at this tourney, tooo many mad upsets and I'm glad to still see improvement from everybody let's keep this **** up guys!

And melee, I'll try to do another tournament for you guys but man you guys need to do more tournies you guys have such an active scene with new players still coming. Keep it up to guys, all of you are legit it's nuts to see.

Brawl Singles

[collapse=Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

1: Holy :metaknight: ($185)
2: SwordGard :popo:/:snake: ($92.50)
3: Tinman :olimar: ($55.50)
4: Cruxis :snake: ($18.50)
5: Stroumbert :falco:/:falcon:/:metaknight: ($9.25)
5: Darkshadow :kirby2:/:rob: ($9.25)
7: GUARD :fox:
7: Googs :diddy:
9: Iliad :marth:
9: Sauc3 :metaknight:/:dedede:
9: Meekspeedy :sonic:
9: jMo :metaknight:/:olimar:
13: Hells :toonlink:
13: Peachy :peach:
13: Mr. L :luigi2:/:snake:/:metaknight:
13: i1337 :dk2:
17: MPrime :metaknight:
17: cMeDu :metaknight:
17: Poke :falco:
17: Gi :wario:
17: Buenob :rob:
17: Culex :metaknight:
17: PoisonMist :luigi2:
17: Raidos :snake:
25: ceX :metaknight:
25: Strong Hat :pt:/:marth:
25: Crowbar
25: Snow Shard :metaknight:
25: RedX :metaknight:
25: Leafshadow :rob:
25: KongMetal :sheik:/:diddy:
25: fUddo :pit:
33: Trick Broom :samus2:
33: Snake23 :marth:/:luigi2:
33: CPU
33: Beast fox/marth
33: D

Brawl Doubles

[collapse= Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

1: Holy + Tin Man :metaknight: + :olimar: ($84)
2: Hells + Swordgard :toonlink:/:snake:/:diddy: ($42)
3: GUARD + Stroumbert :fox: + :falcon: ($14)
4: Meek + Iliad :metaknight: + :ganondorf:/:falco:
5: jMo + Raidos :metaknight:/:snake:
5: Peachy + Sauc3 :peach:/:metaknight:
7: cMeDu + KongMetal :metaknight:/:diddy:
7: MPrime + Mr. L :metaknight: + :metaknight:/:luigi2:
9: fUddo + Trich Broom :pit: +
9: Snowshard + RedX :metaknight: + :metaknight:
9: Buenob + Rbox :rob: + :peach:
9: CrowBar + Samo + :rob:
13: Wombo Combos
13: Dynamic Duo

Melee Singles

[collapse=Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

1: Raynex
2: Unknown
3: Weon-X
4: sauc3
5: RiddleBox
5: Idea
7: SummonedFist
7: Reis
9: Izek
9: Watermelon
9: Windrose
9: jMo
13: Yhii
13: Kiwi
13: F= ma
13: ceX
17: Paul
17: Sk8z
17: An-Hero
17: jia
17: Jebus
17: Eire
17: Yeeh
17: TG
25: Linksta
25: Beast
25: ww

Melee Doubles

[collapse=Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

1: Unknown + Raynex
2: Summoned Fist + Weon-X
3: Idea + Rbox
4: Izek + Reis
5: sauc3 + TG
5: Anthony + Cyan
7: jMo + jia
7: Moe + Mean Green Machine
9: Windrose + Watermelon
9: Paul + Crowbar
9: Kiwi + Yhii

Gichan

Smash Champion
reserved *****es, for mah shoutouts

Oh yeah, and for those who don't have a charater beside your name please post so I can update. Or iof anyone else knows please give that info. Melee, if you guys want characters beside your names please tell me which characters you used or if I should even bother.

Bracket images will be up later

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Trick Broom played Samus.

Or he could have been playing his secondary, who also happens to be Samus.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
With that no payout status... w/e, I'll handle it

Entry Fee: $10
Entrants: 37
Total Pot: $370
Pot Split: 50-25-15-5-2.5-2.5

1: Holy :metaknight: ($185)
2: SwordGard :popo:/:snake: ($92.50)
3: Tinman :olimar: ($55.50)
4: Cruxis :snake: ($18.50)
5: Stroumbert :falco: ($9.25)
5: Darkshadow :kirby2:/:rob: ($9.25)

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I went almost exclusively Falcon in doubles (only 2 matches as Falco vs. like 15 as Falcon), so get that Falco image away from my name!

In singles, I went Falco + Falcon + MK, in that order.

Fun tourney despite the massive heat in the room.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Good tourney, it was fun although my Luigi was MAD free this time around...I defintly felt like I could have gotten top 10

Also I went Luigi/Snake/MK in singles

Shoutouts later ~

:phone:

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Also I hope Montreal had a good time being housed at my house. If you guys need housing again I'll be glad to do it again

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
the heat was absolutely disgustin, like 100 sweaty gamers in one room with no AC, doesnt work out. forreal i felt like i was fuckin dying, and i was in a damn wife beater. the humidity was worse than when i was in egypt no lie

and for this reason i say we all pitch in to buy a smash fan for the scene, so that we will never have this problem again. also the effin mosquitos, i caught enough of em in my hand and crushed the life outta em

ishoutouts laterrrr

Mprime

Smash Ace
ill try n bring a fan next tourney ****, also never ever host 4-5 different tournaments where there is no AC and they are cooking burgers. Other than that had a great time as usual and will be at the next tourney

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Actually.... only like Marvel and Street fighter were supposed to take place. Thanks to Gichan, we were able to have Brawl and Melee too. Thank you Gichan.

I won't lie though, I hated this venue. It was very small for the amount of people that we were and I had a total of 2 friendlies....wtf. lol

It would of been better to have just waited and get a venue only for Smash Brothers (I think one is happening later this month in Toronto). What I like in touny's isn't only to show off and place high.... but also to have fun playing LOTS of matches.

All in all... I still had fun and I would love to come back.

I will give shutouts to the 2 people that beat me in singles brackets first and then I'll do the rest later...

Tinman - Your olimar just keeps geting better. TBH....my Fox just has too much trouble. Maybe if we lived in the same area and we played eachother regularly I wouldn't mind but no.... I don't think I should go Fox against you anymore. I have other secondary characters in mind that I'm training very hard for Fox's bad match-ups...... Marth is one of them, but there's another (not MK).

Cruxis - You have one legit Snake man. I'll be honest, I didn't expect to lose and I am dissapointed (obviously)....but..... before we started playing, I knew it wouldn't be easy. Trust me, even if I thought I would win, I didn't underestimate you. I just thought I had some type of slight advantage but you prooved me wrong. Were currently at 1 win each aren't we.... Keep getting better with that Snake because I can't wait to face you again. ;)

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney Gi / Mikey, thanks for including the Melee community. Aside from the sauna like atmosphere I had a lot of fun; got to see a lot of faces I missed. Good **** brawl buds, I know I dipped out but it's always good watching and seeing how you guys are doing...and I'm always watching O.O (Hamilton step it up). Good games Melee peeps, and thanks for the encouragement from that other Peach main there (I forgot your name, sorry :( )

Pretty happy with how things turned out.

But when Lou shows up at one of these...you guys don't even know, you're gonna get *****.

idea

Smash Master
good tourney. yay i still didn't get below 5th, lol.

heat was kind of crazy but yeah, not anyone's fault. too bad i don't eat meat, i would have had like 4 of those burgers, heh.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lmao i don't get why brawlers are so defensive/picky about the chars they used and whatnot

fun tourney. i didn't mind the heat as much esp from working in a kitchen lots. secret ac melee room was beastt tho lol

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
I went Diddy the whole tourney since you don't have a character for me. :)

I'll do shoutouts later :p Awesome tourney regardless! I did better than I expected for a n00b. And I got to meet a lot of cool people! too bad the room was so dang hot! >.<

Windrose

Smash Lord
There's gotta be a way to get melee to work on flat screens without lagging.....

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I already posted my shoutouts so I'll just copy them:
To everyone I played in Brawl:

I haven't touched this game even casually in 5 months, and I beat some of you by pressing B a lot. Tough game. :troll:

To everyone I played in Melee:

Stop being so good XD.

Tourney was too good though. We got the cold room for Melee, we got mosquitoes, and we got people throwin chairs :troll:. Best tourney ever.

How could I forget?! We also got legendary NickCam + RDK commentary.
Also:

25: Trollnado :metaknight:
fixed.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
1: Holy : Wish I saw more of you man!
2: SwordGard : That dang infinite Chain Grab. At least you didn't rely on it, you were a great IC!
3: Tinman : Great playing man! I wish i got to see more of your games.
4: Cruxis : Didn't watch you play too much.
5: Stroumbert : Missed most of your games.
5: Darkshadow : ^
7: GUARD : Great Fox man, I'm glad I at least played well and put up a good fight against you. It makes me feel better about myself.
7: Googs : Pretty good from what I remember.
9: Iliad : Looked good.
9: Sauc3 : Awesome MK.
9: Meekspeedy : One of the best Sonic's i've ever seen. Got unlucky later, but it was an off game when you lost.
9: jMo : Awesome playing from what I saw.
13: Hells : I didn't get to watch your games :\
13: Peachy : Amazing Peach there dude.
13: Mr. L : Didn't watch you play too much.
13: i1337 : ^
17: Poke : Pretty good Marth, I had an off game. You deserved the win regardless. Thanks for the tips though :)
17: Gi : Got unlucky, but you were a good player.
25: Crowbar : Look at this guy, why didn't he win the whole thing? :p
25: Snow Shard : Great Playing, you had some off games, and some bad matchups, but you played well overall.
25: RedX : This guy is terrible :p
25: KongMetal : Great mix of characters, I'm surprised you didn't do better.
33: Trick Broom : You got some training to do. But you got simple stuff down already.
33: CPU : you didn't show up to our loser's bracket game man! >.<
33: Beast : Pretty Dece

Others

Samo: Best LV 9 hammers i've EVER seen!

snake23

Smash Cadet
Since i offended gichan for this post that i put up earlier that was me, personally attacking gichan directly he did actually call me at home just to tell me i insulted him, i apologized to gichan on the phone a few minutes ago and said i was sorry.

I will think twice before i post something like that is offensive and that would insult him or anyone on smash boards.

That is why you do not see the post i had on here earlier, i don't want anyone to actually punch me in the face just for saying that to gichan in person okay.
I
am truly sorry for what i said i'm sorry if i offended and insulted anyone, that was on this thread don't hurt me please forgive me this will not happen again.
I promise you that no one will ever see a post as offensive and as insulting as that ever again on smashboards and i do keep my promises to people all the time.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Yes gichan that was a horrible idea what were you thinking hosting the melee and brawl tournament in a such a hot room with no ac what so ever.

Seriously i say that each of us pitch in to get the smash players and everyone else in the room extra water coolers so that literally everyone can keep hydrating themselves and get a portable air conditioner asap that will definitely cool everyone off all at the same time and also water is 100 percent has to be at all other tournaments there is no excuse on not to bring water coolers to these smash tournaments and cups for everyone to use.

Next time i don't want my friend meekspeedy passing out or dying on me because of heat exhaustion i am holding you fully responsible for that gichan it will be because of you being inconsiderate and only focusing on holding the tournament and not the players health that this will happen make it a top priority to bring water coolers, extra cups for everyone to use and a good decent portable central air-conditioning for everyone to share for the next tournament do i make myself clear?
You're very sheltered and inconsiderate, aren't you? Also, use commas next time.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
2: SwordGard - Good stuff in singles and doubles, making dat money.
P.S Don't offend my god again, he actually make things happen unlike the other one :troll:

3: Tinman - We did really good in doubles, hopefully you'll find what you did wrong vs me this time. See you at the next tournament with no time limit :troll:

4: Cruxis - Dat 2009 Snake son, the match on Halberd was really close.

5: Stroumbert - You can do much better, both you and me know this. I enjoyed the ride a lot, hopefully you'll go to the 30th July one =)

5: Darkshadow - Good **** my ****** :cool: I was very impressed by your performance this tournament. Keep the good work!

7: GUARD - Good **** in doubles and singles, you gotta beat that 2009 Snake next time lol.

7: Googs - Was nice playing you again, good placing.

9: Iliad - You got so lucky ;) Next time Hells taking you down son. We gotta do our MM next time.

9: Sauc3 - Good stuff as usual, top 10 in both Brawl and Melee =)

9: Meekspeedy - I actually was surprised you didn't do better, you better practice a bit more next time =D

9: jMo - Good stuff, you actually weren't doing so bad vs Stroumbert =)

13: Hells - Don't know how you keep getting better by playing Leagues but keep doing that :awesome:

13: Peachy - Good seeing you again, you can do better! =)

13: Mr. L - Thanks for the formidable housing and everything else, you'll do better next time. Also play me in friendlies next time =)

13: i1337 - Saw your matches vs Hells, sorry I was rooting against you but Hells is part of my crew. Good placing =)

17: MPrime - Your match with Hells was really close, good ****.

17: cMeDu - Good seeing you again, sorry if we didn't have time to play friendlies, no setups x.x

17: Poke - Sup, was nice seeing you.

17: Gi - Thanks for co-hosting the tournament, once again a success. See ya at the next tournament. =)

17: Buenob&Margaret - Good seeing you both again! lol it's hopeless, let's mk ditto next tournament you're at.

17: Culex - Good seeing you again man, watched your matches vs Guard. Stick with Falco IMO.

17: PoisonMist - Didn't see you somehow o.o

17: Raidos - Barely saw you, where were you xD

25: ceX - Ahahaha good seeing you again, you had that mk ditto :(

25: Strong Hat - Was nice playing you again after so long, use Suzaku next time xD

25: Crowbar - I don't think I've met you before, but you didn't do bad for your first tourney.

25: Leafshadow - I think you're the person that put the most fate in me at every tournament xD Nice seeing you again.

25: KongMetal - Fun doubles, nice talking to ya. Try showing at more tournaments.

Raynex and Unknown - Good stuff seeing you guys and winning everything in melee(duh)

i1337

Smash Ace
Where the hell is my post....

Edit
NVM Smashboard takes around 10 min to load a message or something :/
It took almost 3 hours for mine just now

Yes gichan that was a horrible idea what were you thinking hosting the melee and brawl tournament in a such a hot room with no ac what so ever.

Seriously i say that each of us pitch in to get the smash players and everyone else in the room extra water coolers so that literally everyone can keep hydrating themselves and get a portable air conditioner asap that will definitely cool everyone off all at the same time and also water is 100 percent has to be at all other tournaments there is no excuse on not to bring water coolers to these smash tournaments and cups for everyone to use.

Next time i don't want my friend meekspeedy passing out or dying on me because of heat exhaustion i am holding you fully responsible for that gichan it will be because of you being inconsiderate and only focusing on holding the tournament and not the players health that this will happen make it a top priority to bring water coolers, extra cups for everyone to use and a good decent portable central air-conditioning for everyone to share for the next tournament do i make myself clear?
what is this i don't even

:103:

Cruxis

Smash Lord

am i the only one who lost it when i read this???

Top Bottom