• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA #18 - 7/16/11 - Worcester, MA - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Singles:

1: Fatal

2: Koolaid

3: Pelca

4: Bizkit

5: Bloodcross

5: IcyLight

7: Almo

7: Mikeray4

9: Hinkage
9: Riot
9: Peachkid
9: Soma
13: Peace
13: Venom
13: Metalpat
13: Dank
17: Fubudis
17: NT3000

--Pools Cutoff--

19: Kurei
19: Fook
19: BlaizeRaz0r
19: Roan
19: Mijet97
19: Bad Horse
25: Pmac
25: Chii
25: Ice Arrow
25: AKC12

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/XIfYM.gif

Doubles:

1: Koolaid + Fatal
+

2: Bizkit + IcyLight
+

3: Bloodcross + Hinkage
+

4: Nairo + Luu (Almo + Pelca)
+

5: Mikeray4 + Soma
+

5: Riot + Peachkid
+

7: BlaizeRaz0r + MetalPat ???? + ????

Doubles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/GqqXs.gif

-----

The winners of the 2 giveaways are Ice Arrow & MetalPat!!!

A huge thanks to Fatal for helping me save DNA from not happening when the owner was faced with personal issues! And of course thanks to the DNA owner for working out the problems to make the tourney run fine! Was worried about being in the hall instead of the normal venue, but everyone seemed to actually like it more, so it turned out fine.

More thanks to Pelca for helping write out pools, and Almo for helping with a few things, as well as anyone else who may have helped.

Tourney went really well, thanks to everyone who came. The owner wants to try for another DNA in September, stay on the look out for the next one! Give me feedback on pools, if you liked them or if you don't want to do them again!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Outdated info, updated down below

Entry Fee: $10
Entrants: 29
Total Pot: $290
Pot Split: 48 - 22 - 14 - 8 - 4 - 4

1: Fatal :snake: ($139.20)
2: Koolaid :pit: ($63.80)
3: Pelca :falco: :fox: :metaknight: ($40.60)
4: Bizkit :snake: ($23.20)
5: Bloodcross :metaknight: ($11.60)
5: IcyLight :olimar: ($11.60)

The tournament details page makes a mention of a $50 pot bonus. Did that happen?

So Fatal

Smash Master
Shoutouts

1: Fatal
5 in a row ^.^
2: Koolaid
Wario and MK is really fun to play as, we are to good in teams. ggs in singles if you stayed pit it woulda went to the 2nd set D:
3: Pelca
buto, good **** in singles that comeback on Bc was amazing, I forgot my dres >.> and you will get me one day :D. yoo dat chair son.
4: Bizkit
we saved dna and it ended up being a great event with a good showing, gtimes at ihop
5: Bloodcross
no comment
5: IcyLight
so close >.< im afraid to play you again ggs in singles and doubles
7: Almo
so close with and bizkit >.> gtimes at ihop lmao, can I get a genesis stream?
7: Mikeray4
thanks for being cool, maybe it can stay this way
9: Hinkage thanks for being cool, maybe it can stay this way
9: Riot you taking out big names, keep it up man :D
9: Soma Top 9, good stuff soma, we out to SO CAL
13: Peace good stuff man
13: Venom my man VENOM SPIKE, good **** beating bass and almost beating others
13: Metalpat thanks for coming man dat subway!
13: Dank ggs in singles
17: Fubudis fun friendlies
17: NT3000 I was so dumbfounded for some reason when we were playing, I was not sandbagging lol. I caught on though.

--Pools Cutoff--

19: Kurei good seing ya man
19: Fook
19: BlaizeRaz0r nice to see you, boston smash fest soon broski
19: Roan good seeing you :D
25: Pmac ggs in pools man
25: Chii hi :3
25: Ice Arrow fun friendlies, enjoy ssf4 lolz

Playing in the hallway was really interesting and a nice change. Hype matches and good turnout. Today was awesome. GGs everyone and see you at the next event.:reverse:

Pot Split: 48 - 22 - 14 - 8 - 4 - 4

1: Fatal :snake: ($139.20)
2: Koolaid :pit: ($63.80)
3: Pelca :falco: :fox: :metaknight: ($40.60)
4: Bizkit :snake: ($23.20)
5: Bloodcross :metaknight: ($11.60)
5: IcyLight :olimar: ($11.60)

The tournament details page makes a mention of a $50 pot bonus. Did that happen?
It did not due to complications with the DNA owner, splits were 55 30 10 and 5

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Bah, why can't payouts ever stay consistent with what the tournament details page says?

-___ -;

Pot Split: 55 - 30 - 10 - 5

1: Fatal :snake: ($159.50)
2: Koolaid :pit: ($87)
3: Pelca :falco: :fox: :metaknight: ($29)
4: Bizkit :snake: ($14.50)

mikeray4

Smash Ace
fatal-

Bizkit-

koolaid-

fats-

BC-

hinkage-

mikeray4-

nicole (get namesearched yet again) -

Almo

Smash Ace
shoutouts to hallway tourney

shoutouts to nairo + luu

shoutouts to koolaid shoving my **** in

shoutouts to MK fthrow kill

shoutouts to "you deserved it" lmao hinkage

shoutouts to PR's

shoutouts to mike for coaching me

shoutouts to losing to bizkit by less than 10% on both timeouts

shoutouts to pelca, peachkid, riot, icy, and bizkit in doubles

shoutouts to Fats, Chii, Peace, Blaizerazor, Bloodcross, Fatal, Venom, Soma and everyone else i talked to yesterday

shoutouts to IHOP

shoutouts to that IHOP waitress

shoutouts to Genesis stream

maaaaaddd fun tourney, looking forward to the next DNA :)

Almo

Smash Ace
idk if John#'s needed this

1: Fatal :snake:
2: Koolaid :pit:
3: Pelca :falco: :fox: :metaknight:
4: Bizkit :snake:
5: Bloodcross :metaknight:
5: IcyLight :olimar:
7: Almo :metaknight:
7: Mikeray4 :snake:
9: Hinkage :metaknight:
9: Riot :zelda:
9: Peachkid :peach:
9: Soma :falco: :diddy: (diddy idk about)
13: Peace :marth:
13: Venom :snake:
13: Metalpat
13: Dank :lucario:
17: Fubudis :snake:
17: NT3000 :ike: :snake:

--Pools Cutoff--

19: Kurei :ike:
19: Fook :lucas: :diddy:
19: BlaizeRaz0r :olimar:
19: Roan :diddy:
19: Bad Horse :rob: :kirby2:
25: Chii :lucario:
25: Ice Arrow :popo:
25: AKC12 :fox:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Just to set the record straight, I need payouts and the characters used by the people who placed in the money

Ripple needs full character usage for a tournament.

But yeah, in either case, this is helpful, thanks

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Your right about Dank using Lucario almo
Kurei used Ike
Fook used Lucas and Diddy

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
The second sey u ppsted was correct for payouts john#, cept I only got like 24.40 or something for 3rd cuz instead of a pot bonus there was money taken from the pot.....xD! Good games to everyone too =P had a fun time, shouts to doubles, thanks for teamin almo i had fun :D! Shouts to riot and peachkid, shouts to bizkit and fatal for the good event, shouts to fats and koolaid, glad you guys found a way to make it, shout outs to everyone in my pool specially peace and blaize fighting for that third seed =P, shout outs to foxes shine, shout outs to icy for puttin in mad work vs fatal in a close set, shout outs to mike for bein mike and beating bizkit again, shout outs to hink even tho we prolly didnt even talk, shout outs to BC, shout outs to ma boy venom, and soma for puttin in work, shout outs to MK's clutch glide attack on brinstar, shout outs to peace and his crew, arroz and poyo on me next time, shout outs to shout outs

:phone:

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
1:Fatal : Ggs bro lol our MM did not happended XD
2: Koolaid: ur gonna make me 2nd Pit <_<
3: Pelca: GG bro that first kill need some sazon!
4: Bizkit: We did not play >:o
5: Bloodcross: Falco.
5: IcyLight: Dude almost had you really close games game 3 was nice :D
7: Almo: MK
7: Mikeray4: Snake
9: Hinkage: MK
9: Riot: Why did i see u using MK :o Zelda da bess~
9: Soma: Gud stuff bro 9th <3
13: Peace:.....
13: Venom: Wow dude i seen you taking those Snakes out xD
13: Metalpat: Hello..
13: Dank: Lucario
17: Fubudis: Snake
17: NT3000: Ggs bro loved those dittos {NE Ikes In a Ocean Of SnakexMK's :p

--Pools Cutoff--

19: Kurei: Your Sexy <3
19: Fook: Lukaz
19: BlaizeRaz0r: Idk you..
19: Roan: Yo give me some Rice and Beans~
25: Pmac: Ggs bro stay Tink~
25: Chii: B)
25: Ice Arrow: Hello..

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Shout outs to that waitress at ihop playing mind games on fatal and winning.

Damn riot, you are the only person in new england that makes me nervous mid match ><

Not bad, pelca.

So, for the time being, the past few tournies have actually been pretty fun for me so I think i'll keep attending for a while and see how it goes from there. I advanced myself yesterday so I think i'm ready to kill fatals streak, and i'm going to beat him up irl too. he knows it.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
idk if John#'s needed this

1: Fatal :snake:
2: Koolaid :pit:
3: Pelca :falco: :fox: :metaknight:
4: Bizkit :snake:
5: Bloodcross :metaknight:
5: IcyLight :olimar:
7: Almo :metaknight:
7: Mikeray4 :snake:
9: Hinkage :metaknight:
9: Riot :zelda:
9: Peachkid :peach:
9: Soma :falco: :diddy: (diddy idk about)
13: Peace :marth:
13: Venom :snake:
13: Metalpat :rob:
13: Dank :lucario:
17: Fubudis :snake:
17: NT3000 :ike: :snake:

--Pools Cutoff--

19: Kurei :ike:
19: Fook :lucas: :diddy:
19: BlaizeRaz0r :olimar:
19: Roan :diddy:
19: Bad Horse :rob: :kirby2:
25: Chii :lucario:
25: Ice Arrow :popo:
25: AKC12 :fox:
totes played rob. added it in on mine.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
1: Fatal - Thx for all the help
2: Koolaid - Heard your advice during pools, I don't really agree with that, especially if you're an established player. Rather, you should help the newer players while playing them by talking to them during/after.
3: Pelca - Thx for drawing pools.
5: Bloodcross - Good stuff beating Koolaid
5: IcyLight - We did really well in teams, we seem to have a lot of synergy as MK/Olimar. And I can actually save Olimar as MK lulz. And good stuff almost taking out Fatal and Koolaid, you got them scared now.
7: Almo - Bizkit strikes again with Future Sight. No really though, listening to that so called coaching was awful. It's far too risky to time someone out if you're only up by 10%, it's so easy for it to go wrong as you saw. You're only supposed to do that if you have like a stock lead or like 50%+
7: Mikeray4 - Good stuff beating me, you got so good!
9: Hinkage - Good stuff in pools getting that first seed!
9: Riot - Ggs in singles, sucks you had to play me in losers instead.
9: Peachkid - Didn't have to play you this time surprisingly.
9: Soma - Good **** in doubles, you were beasting game 3 against Icy and me. I feel like if you step it up a little more in doubles you could be a big threat. Your Diddy gave us quite a lot of trouble.
13: Peace - Sorry I didn't get to MM you didn't have time, hopefully next DNA if you show up early I'll MM you right away.
13: Venom - Good stuff coming out of nowhere and taking out Bass in pools. You have potential, just fix your massive rolling problem.
13: Metalpat - Thx for coming out all the way, congrats on winning giveaway!
13: Dank - Thx for coming
17: Fubudis - Fun Snake dittos in pools. You seem like you have potential.
17: NT3000 - Saw some of your pool matches, good stuff with that Ike.
19: Kurei - Sorry I didn't get to play you, maybe next DNA. And good stuff almost taking out IcyLight in pools with Ike!
19: Fook - Ggs, you should have Peace/Kurei train you a little with more of the basics.
19: BlaizeRaz0r - Thanks for coming
19: Roan - Thx for coming
19: Mijet97 - Thx for coming
19: Bad Horse - Sorry bout not making it out of pools, it was a weird situation to deal with.
25: Pmac - Thx for coming
25: Chii - Thx for entering
25: Ice Arrow - Good stuff winning giveaway.
25: AKC12 - Thx for coming

Gotta schedule another DNA, but in the meantime there's Hall of Gaming #6 on August 6th in Wallingford, CT! http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12175

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I like my matches with bizkit the way i like my eggs. Easy and over, with just a touch of salt.

shoutout to soma- nice job in teams way to carry me...
shoutout to venom- great job. Look to see you make a lot of upsets in the future.
shoutout to almo- don't worry about not practicing brawl, apparently its not needed to beat bizkit. lol. u got him next time.
shoutout to fats- I can bull**** you on everything else cept this one thing. i ****in hate you

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Oooh, the new 2nd best Snake in NE is getting cocky. Can't wait for Mikeray to beast at Ktar and take names.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Oooh, the new 2nd best Snake in NE is getting cocky. Can't wait for Mikeray to beast at Ktar and take names.
that wont happen. I'm not going really going to ktar to do well at it lol. but thnx 4 da support

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
LOL ICY!!!!! real talk someone static with me in dubz tho, BC doesn't like teaming with me anymore I guess xD!

Almo

Smash Ace
pelca static with me (you said you wanted to anyway)

i promise i won't suck **** like i did yesterday. you saw me do work vs. peachkid and icy in game 1 of the 2nd set, you know i gots it in me ;)

our team chemistry just sucks, i can work on that. hit me up for RXB if you're going and don't have a teammate

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Pelca I will totes team with you, or Icy. One of you get at me for HOG since I believe I am teaming with Ace for the springfield tournament but don't have a partner for that one.

After the trial period (1 or 2 tournaments) we can decide if we want to static. I don't want to lock anyone into teaming with a Zelda =P

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
Mike <3 we shudda teamed And beat bizkit and icy and laughed at them =P, and riot for sure we deff have to team, HOG if you want, weve neva teamed before xP

:phone:

BlaizeRaz0r

Smash Rookie
Great tourney. Wish I could make more, you guys are awesome.

Thanks a bunch to Icy for Oli tips and tricks.
Shouts to my pool Pelca, Almo, Peace, and Chii - you guys were a lot of fun to play against,
Bizkit and Fatal thanks for running everything, along with anyone else who helped out,
Koolaid and Fats for a crazy car ride there and back.
I guess MetalPat for coming up to visit and give me a ride... I guess.

Fatal, I'll hit you up soon for some Boston smash fest. Where do you wanna play?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
So like I'm super washed up now. I guess Riot looking for a static equals us not really teaming anymore... Kinda saw it coming, but it should be for the best I think. you'll make money now and **** even more with zelda with out me holding you back.

But I do want to say/***** about something however and I don't want to sound like a douche or whatever. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have me and riot fight second round in winners needs a punch in the jaw. I know we both got 1st seed or whatever but we are kinda in the same crew and we play each other all the time and I'm 99.9% sure that everyone in NE knows about that. Unless there is good reasoning towards this deliberation, I'm gonna stay upset. inb4"Wellyoudidn'thavetoplayhimsowhyareyoucomplaining?getgoodscrub."

Shoutouts!
Chii: Thanks for DRIVIN us. :D
Bizkit: Thanks for hosting the tourney. Glad I didn't have to play you this time around. Give my condolences to the Owner of DNA and his family for me.
Mikeray: GGs. I hope you weren't sandbagging in pools ^_^;;;.
Riot: Good stuff for beating Kool-aid :D Good luck with whomever you team with in the future ^_^
Anyone who I saw but played/interacted with: GGs and nice seeing you all :D

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
R3 actually, Peachkid. Not that close with how small the singles entrants were after pools. I dunno how much more generous you'd want, other than being put on completely opposite side and then running into Riot in losers as you always seem to.

Almo

Smash Ace
Peachkid, while that is true and i understand 100% you don't want to fight people you play all the time, it was the best that could have been done while seeding you fairly.

Fatal, Hinkage, Koolaid, Bloodcross, Bizkit, Riot and You were all seeded apart from each other. On top of that, You had a really hard match of Icy, and Bizkit vs. Mike because because of pool results too. I was really on top of my game and had to play Koolaid first.

Unless you wanted a really hard match R1, that was the best we could have done. Just judging by the winners quarters matchups (Fatal vs. Hinkage, Pelca vs. Mikeray, Bloodcross vs. Koolaid, and then Riot vs. You/Icylight) it was a pretty stacked bracket for just NE players. If you feel like you should be somewhere else, then i'd be interested where you would like to go without being ****ed over.

I believe the entire reason you were near Riot was because i suggested Koolaid be switched with you, so i played Koolaid round 1, and i guess it went unnoticed that you would have played Riot the round after. So you can blame that on me, but i assure you my intentions were purely just to put Fatal/Koolaid on opposite sides of the bracket, and not have Koolaid vs. Icy round 1 while you played me. I thought that was a bit uneven, so i asked bizkit to move stuff and he seemed ok with it.

the only solutions i see to you not running into Riot while keeping the seeding even is switching you with Soma (you get Hinkage first match) or me (getting Koolaid first match)

Hope that clears everything up.

Top Bottom