• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Home Video Monthly VI Results (Port Coquitlam, BC, Can)

Captain L

Smash Champion
Doubles (Click here for the bracket)

1: Deap Sucks (Captain L + Deap) :pikachu2: + :metaknight: ( :samus2: :sheik: )
2: Kits (Big D + JM) :snake: :dedede: + :pikachu2:
3: To the Max! (Grape + IHT) :falco: + :rob:
4: Failsauce (Cookieless + Rice)

Singles Pools

Pool 2
1: Captain L
2: Deap
3: Grape
4: SKidd
5: JM
6: Cookieless

Pool 9
1: Big D
2: Crimson Feint
3: Blue Yoshi
3: IHT
3: Aleate
6: Rice

Singles (Click here for the Bracket)

1: Captain L :pikachu2: ($72.00)
2: Deap :metaknight: ($36.00)
3: Big D :snake: :dedede: ($12.00)
4: Blue Yoshi :jigglypuff: :gw:
5: SKidd :mario2:
5: GrapE :falco: :zelda:
7: IHT :rob:
7: Crimson Feint :diddy:
9: JM :pikachu2:
9: Aleate :zelda:
9: Cookieless
9: Rice

Low Tiers (Click here for the bracket)

1: GrapE :zelda: ($25.00)
2: Captain L :jigglypuff: ($10.00)
3: Blue Yoshi :jigglypuff: ($5.00)
4: SKidd :mario2:
5: Crimson Feint :jigglypuff: :samus2:
5: Aleate :zelda:
7: Deap
7: IHT

Smash 64 Singles

1: Blue Yoshi :pikachu2: :falcon: :jigglypuff: ($3.00)
2: Captain L :fox:
3: Crimson Feint :kirby2:

I tried to remember who everyone used but if I got your character wrong or left it blank feel free to post who you used here. Thanks for coming everyone!

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
This is Rob on Deap's account. I used Jigglypuff basically the entire time in singles, not GaW. So... you should switch them (or maybe even remove GaW since I rarely even used him).

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'll switch them, you used Game and Watch for a third of your sets so he's worth keeping up there. (assuming you used him vs deap both times you played)

SKidd

Smash Master
Shoutouts

1: Captain L - You played well this tourney, good job ****** Deap by the way LOL. I threw my low tier match against you, though. jus sayin'.

2: Deap - Lolololol you ****ing ***** my Mario :(

3: Big D - Played really campy against you, yet you still won. aagrhbfdksfkntjknrfgmk =(

4: Blue Yoshi - Stop sandbagging in tourney =\ Also it sucks you didn't beat Deap, next time!

5: José Estaves Paco - Could've done a little better I thinks.

5: GrapE - DAT ZELDA

7: IHT - Close $1 MM, ***** me game 3 though lol

7: Crimson Feint - Had to camp really hard vs you =( Sorry, you're improving tons though!

9: JM - Lolll Pika, I hope you come to more tourneys in the future!

9: Aleate - Really nice meeting you, come to more future tourneys please =D <3

9: Cookieless - Hope to you see you more, too, plenty of room for improvement for your Marth!

9: Rice - Hrm, I didn't really get to play you much. Ah, well...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
5 new players! =0 Shoutouts to Landon for stepping up and getting stuff going again, Robert for putting a ton of effort into getting here only to go mostly Jiggs in singles, and to Big D for making money at his first tournament! Can't wait to meet you guys. =]

:005:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i played well against landon in winners finals but not on gf :/

Skidd: yeah , i was ****** your mario (3 stocked lol) while i was singing an italian song haha =]

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
hey landon

remember that i went random on doubles, not mk lol

samus and shiek lol

Captain L

Smash Champion
okay Deap I added those for you

Shoutouts

2. Deap: Our game 3 in winners SEMIS (not finals) was pretty much the most scared I was all day, you really should learn to SDI dsmash though! Thanks for teaming with me even if you did show up at the last second for doubles :)

3. Big D: Amazing job at your first tournament (in a while at least)! Show up for more, your snake is legit!

4. Blue Yoshi: I'm sorry you got so frustrated against Deap, you still wrecked me at smash 64 though. Also props for using almost all Jigglypuff!

5. SKidd: Sureeee you gave me the low tiers match. I wish Starwaffle showed up so you guys could've teamed.... Also hope you enjoyed the hug.

5. GrapE: I hope you get your controller back :( I had fun during all of our friendlies!

7. IHT: I don't think we played at all except for doubles wf... Thanks for coming though :)

7. Crimson Feint: Your Diddy is getting better, learn the single naner lock for ultimate flashiness though

9. JM: Another pikachuuuuuu! Our ditto matches in pools were fun as well as all the doubles matches! Lol @ deap comboing me in doubles because he got us confused. Come out to more tourneys!

9. Aleate: Glad you could make it for singles, thanks for the tim bits too! Also SUPER THANKS for cleaning up the venue afterwards :)

9. Cookieless: Thanks for coming out, I'm sorry we didn't get to play as much as I would've liked!

9. Rice: Same message as above ;)

| Big D |

Smash Master
1: Captain L Thanks for hosting and unbelievable tech skill. SDI like I've never seen, and all with the wii remote and nun chuck. I learned a lot from you, especially about the chain grab. I enjoyed our conversation and you ran the tourney smoothly. The only experience I have is Pikachu and you still 3 - 1'd me XD.

2: Deap I took your nickel in a money match. That nickel turned into 50 cents. You showed me what a guy has to deal with (Nado) in order to be successful. I learned dash dance in to grab which seems universal. Sorry about calling you out on that extended DC, I was getting 2 - 0'd XD, I was desperate.

4: Blue Yoshi Love your sense of humor. "Best out of 1801" "Pool 9" we had some intense pool matches, all random. I like how when you get Falco, I get Pikachu, when you get Bowser, I get Dedede. It's a shame we never had a serious match :(

5: SKidd Awesome Mario. I can't remember if I played you at the beginning. Those fireballs were hard to get around. I had to play an aggro snake at the end lol. If you want some textures, just get Gecko OS and use these, I'm too upload mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx2U2Ff3EI

5: GrapE Dat Falco. Doubles was ridiculous. 1v2 and you do some sort super combo using the stage of PS1 and win. Those spikes in singles were unreal. And yes, I accidentally took your controller. It's not my fault(yes it is) your controller is identical to mine and it was by the same wii used in LF so i thought it was mine. I was in a hurry. PM so I can find a way to get it back to you.

7: IHT Dat Gyro. Some intense stuff. Glide toss on shield > grab. Our games were awesome. Tires Vs Gyro was fun. You were like a super chill guy and even offered me five times the odds in a MM. (Nickel vs Quarter) First guy I talked to lol.

7: Crimson Feint I only played you in pools but they were awfully close. I went Wario because I don't think Snake or Dedede could handle your amazing banana game. I ate like everything. As soon as your bananas were out though I got manhandled.

9: JM we had a long day but in the end it was worth it don't ya think? We'll get better for a September /October tournament.

9: Aleate BOO! Nice guy and surprised me a bit with that Zelda. (Zelda in general is just surprising) You shouldn't down play yourself man, just a little practice (or pick a different character) and you will improve. Lots of room. Also that's my cell phone case but it's no biggie. Thanks for picking it up.

9: Cookieless Our bussing adventures. You were one of the first people I played and learned about past tournaments. Thanks for helping JM and I get home because we would have been screwed without your DI (Directional influence). I have decided I'm too busy to do online play and my internet is just not up to it.

9: Rice Pretty good for someone without the game. I recommend investing in an SD card and get USB loader on your wii. Some mad bus trips, as soon as you got off we had drunks get on the bus and start yelling. They got us involved at the end and were all like OMG WE ALSO DUR PLAY SMASH BROS DAT POKEMON TRAINER AND STUFF.

By the way I'm Big D, and if anyone wants that tag they have to prove they are bigger than me. (6 '9')

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
@Skidd: I did take the tourney as seriously as I could. I just got frustrated after facing Deap's MK and wasn't able to play well afterwards. In singles, I lost to deap in Winner's and Loser's, but the way the bracket was set up, that made me 4th.

@Big D: I said best of 18001 ;) And yeah, too bad we weren't able to play serious matches.

Also, Landon, terrible brackets XD

And finally, unless I feel like trying, I will not take any Meta Knight matches seriously anymore. I just don't find playing him fun at all, to the point where I don't feel like trying anymore (and every time I have stopped taking a tournament bracket seriously, it has always been after playing against a Meta Knight). So unless I think I have a good chance of winning, I will "throw" (or sandbag) that match so that I can take the rest of my matches seriously (I didn't even care about smash 64 to the point where I was about to just quit and forfeit to Landon). I'm sure everybody heard me rant on Meta Knight at the tournament, but I seriously don't have fun playing against him at all (and I am playing this game for fun, not to win money or anything). So... yeah. I'll likely either go a stupid character like Falcon or Ganondorf or Mario (such a stupid character, only a fool would main him), or go Meta Knight and use only Tornado (instant loss there), or use some stupid gay strategy against him (like suicide moves or backthrow off the side of some stages or something like that).

Captain L

Smash Champion
Rob you can't blame me for the brackets, blame your messed up pool :p

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Good fun, guys. My prediction to win low tiers was right. >>

@Big D
Just give my controller to Landon next tournament that you're at, and I will grab it from him next time I am there.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ok, but that won't be until the one after August. I can tell which one is yours by comparing the Z buttons, mine's a little off.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, shoutouts to GrapE for winning low tiers and keeping stupid Jigglypuff out of the top spot. =D

Also, I'm thinking about hosting the next Phoenix tournament on either the 17th or the 24th of September, but hopefully with some largish Smashfests earlier in the month to practice/for everybody who's inactive during the Summer to become acquainted with the new guys. Yes/no?

:005:

Captain L

Smash Champion
moar smash = yes

by the way can we yell at Washington until they all get passports?

Kantrip

Kantplay
1: Captain L - Wow, great job Landon! When we played those friendlies I felt helpless because of how good you were with my bananas. The tourney went great, thanks for stepping it up and TO-ing for our lazy region. :) Your techskill is astounding btw.

2: Deap - I'm glad you showed up (even if I missed out on doubles because of you :p ). You really liven up the tournaments with your insightful discussion topics and flawless grammar! :troll:

3: Big D - Your Dedede/Snake/Wario are all really good. Our pools matches were pretty intense, too. I loved your double kill with U-tilt in doubles as well. I look forward to seeing you at more tournaments where you will be the cause of numerous upsets :)

4: Blue Yoshi - I'm really glad you came down for the tourney and equally glad you got some legitimate housing. Even though you were sandbagging in pools, I enjoyed our matches thoroughly. I'm sorry you got so demoralized by MK, I'll work on my SNL and knock Deap into losers for you next tourney ;)

5: SKidd - I thought I had you this tourney, especially when we played those "seriouslies" and I was faring pretty well. I didn't know how to deal with your pro camping when we played in bracket, though. Great work, SKidd! You and me have got a score to settle next monthly. :troll:

5: GrapE - It's unfortunate I had to play you as my first match in both singles and low tiers, because you knocked me into losers in both cases. Your falco and zelda in those events, respectively, were excellent!

7: IHT - I'm really sorry for timing you out on Rainbow Cruise in pools. :( I was playing, as Deap would say, gay in low tiers as well. Pulling off the sing-cancelled rest was cool though. Your R.O.B. was superb though, hence why I felt the need to time it out in the first place! I hope to see you and GrapE at more tournaments! :)

7: Crimson Feint - Your Diddy was alright, but it has a lot of work and you need to stop talking to yourself online.

9: JM - You have a pretty good Pikachu :) I don't think we actually got to play, but I watched some of your doubles matches. Good stuff, man! You better come to more tournaments with Big D!

9: Aleate - I'm glad you made it in time to enter singles. You should stop being down on your abilities, too, because your Zelda was legit! You did really well for your first tourney. Good job on knocking Deap out of low tiers!

9: Cookieless - You did well for your first tourney, too. Diddy is a hard matchup for Marth. It was nice to meet you, thanks for coming! :)

9: Rice - Same message as above, replace "Marth" with "Toon Link".

EDIT: Did I go overboard on smileys in shoutouts? :p I don't think so! :) :roll: :lol: :troll:

Sounds good Jake, more smash is better smash. :)

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Deap D; sabes que no sè hablar ingles pero a ver si puedo (con eso que piden que no se hable en español...)xDDD
you should come to Hermosillo... i know... so much "bla bla" here and another mk will be really good... CAF was Meta ditto in WF and GF maybe that will be the dominance in the city... did you can come September? we will have another RAC... but idk...
and congrats... i really want to see that pika...

and... any videos? I want to see Deap's MK

Captain L

Smash Champion
I have about 9 matches of me vs deap saved on my wii, they'll be uploaded soon enough!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Landon, not to be overly negative, but the bracket was technically not made properly even considering the messed up pool. It was done "ok", (well, good enough), but there is something you did not do right (I believe it's your first tournament you hosted, so I'm not going to yell at you this time). But what it was: You were first in your pool, Big D was first in his pool. You separate the two of them, which is what you did. However, next, Deap was 2nd in his pool, Feint was 2nd in his pool. Now, you're supposed to have 1st in pool 2 face 2nd in pool 9 in winner's semis, and 1st in pool 9 face 2nd in pool 2 in winner's semis (you had you facing Deap in semis, and Feint and Big D in semis). Either way, I should have faced Deap in winner's quarters, but I would have faced the loser of Big D and Deap (who would have played in Winner's Semis). Basically, a very small technicality, but with two pools, that's how it works.

Basically, here is how a bracket should look like with two 8 man pools (replace the lower position with byes if necessary):

1st pool A (Captain L)
8th pool B (bye)

4th pool B (IHT?)
5th pool A (JM)
--------------------------
2nd pool B (Feint)
7th pool A (bye)

3rd pool A (Grape)
6th pool B (Rice)
===============
1st pool B (Big D)
8th pool A (bye)

4th pool A (SKidd)
5th pool B (Aleate?)
------------------------------
2nd pool A (Deap)
7th pool B (bye)

3rd pool B (Blue Yoshi)
6th pool A (Cookieless)

Looking at the bracket, all you basically had done wrong is you exchanged both sections below the ---------------. It makes a slight difference, but a significant difference. It ensures that the top two people face each other in Winner's Finals at the earliest (lets say you were the best, the second best would either be Deap, 2nd in your pool, or Big D, 1st in his pool, and they would have faced each other in winner's semis and winner faces you in winner's finals). Small difference, but can be a major significance like it was in this tournament (Deap, 2nd best, ended up getting knocked into loser's early).

Yes, my pool was completely messed up, but I just wanted to point out that minor detail to you for future reference.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I apologize, I just put in the seeds as skill points on tio and then let the bracket do it's thing

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I thought that's what you did. I'm not mad at you or anything, it's just when I saw the actual pool results compared to the bracket, it's something that stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

But yeah, now you know for future reference. The only difference for me is that I would have faced SKidd instead of IHT, and the loser of Deap and Big D instead of Deap and you.

Top Bottom