• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

festtt (Antwerpen)

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I'd really like to come, but I think the date should be arranged already because any other attempt at a smashfest or a meetup has failed up until now :p and I can bring my cube. Does anyone have an idea for when and where? I'll have to work in August so then only weekends will be possible for me, in July anything is good for me.(And ninfreak I'd love a brawl rematch against you, even if the game sucks ***)

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Yeah, dates:

In august, I could do it at my place (Antwerpen).
It's 5 minutes walking distance from central station, easy for Ninfreak and CBT...
(If you'd rather do it in Brussels, that's fine too..)

So let's try to agree on a weekend in August?
Any weekend okay for you, Ynnek?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Merci. Ga ik proberen, reclame maken daar.

Zelf speelt ge geen Melee, Klink?

Ninfreak

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm up to it. Both week ends are fine with me. Getting a second tv might be a little harder....

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Cool, cool, this is going somewhere.

Who do you play in Melee, Ninfreak?

Klink

Smash Journeyman
Belgium,Antwerp,Sint-Lenaarts(Brecht that is)
No, I quit playing both melee and brawl (sold them a few years ago), still trying to support the Belgian scene a bit though, and occasionally when I'm with friends I might play it, but I'm definitely not good at either game

Dimitris

Smash Ace
You should come anyway. Being bad at the game doesn't stop me. :grin:

Soooo now, if we hear a date from CBT, we're good to go.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Cool, then it's settled on:

Saturday, August 13.

I'll send you details later.
Smaaash

Klink

Smash Journeyman
Belgium,Antwerp,Sint-Lenaarts(Brecht that is)
You should come anyway. Being bad at the game doesn't stop me. :grin:

Soooo now, if we hear a date from CBT, we're good to go.
I'll see if I'll be free, if nothing else would get in my way, I might just come, might even go to Brussels the day before, so I could bring a small telly. (Although I won't like to take it home with me, so if someone in Brussels would like to keep it for awhile until I come pick it back up...)
The fact that my train-ticket to Brussels (from Noorderkempen) expires the 13th would help me getting the most out of my money.

Now the main problem is the second tv...

Also, Gommaar is probably coming as well just so you guys know.
lol, how about Trudo?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Always welcome, Klink.

Is Gommaar a regular melee player? I'll add him to the player list in that case. (contact info? main?)

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I'll see if I'll be free, if nothing else would get in my way, I might just come, might even go to Brussels the day before, so I could bring a small telly. (Although I won't like to take it home with me, so if someone in Brussels would like to keep it for awhile until I come pick it back up...)
The fact that my train-ticket to Brussels (from Noorderkempen) expires the 13th would help me getting the most out of my money.

lol, how about Trudo?
lol, I guess I can ask but I don't think he's into melee at all.

Always welcome, Klink.

Is Gommaar a regular melee player? I'll add him to the player list in that case. (contact info? main?)
Gommaar likes melee, but last time I played him he wasn't that good, that was over a year ago though so I don't know if he's any good right now.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Bring anyone along that's interested, just let me know. I have to check if I can get enough tvs / setups.

For now it's: Ynnek123, Ninfreak, CBT+, me, maybe Gommaar, maybe Klink. So six-ish.
2 TV's is okay in that case, I think?
But I definitely need the second TV...!
If we go over 6 people I'll need a third TV and an extra cube.

I also have a feeling I'm going to get destroyed by everyone.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Is it running on your PAL Wii? Then you gotta show me and put those files on mine ;)
I would have to use some methods that are not allowed for discussion on here to get an NTSC brawl running on my wii :awesome:
But there might be a small problem, my boss just told me that the days I have to work might be irregular, so there's a chance that I won't be able to come.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
't is hier ook maar stil he manne! Ik heb goed nieuws, volgende week heb ik woensdag en zaterdag vrij dus ik zal normaal gezien kunnen komen. Is er nu al iets geregeld in verband met die tv?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Goed dat ge **** komen.

Nog geen oplossing voor de tv. :ohwell:
Is echt wel nodig, want maar één tv is echt wel te weinig voor misschien 6 man, en het is nog een héél kleine tv ook.
Ben er over aan het nadenken..

summary: TV! I need an extra TV! :)

Also, if everybody is interested, we could do a mini round robin at the smashfest. Each putting down a euro for fun..? Just an idea.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
I've sorted it out. :)
Found a second tv. I still need to test if it works with my gamecube, need a scart connection piece, but I'm pretty sure it's fine.

Does anyone have a scart connection piece?

Too bad you can't come, Klink. Next time.

PS: I put the address info in the first post!

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Thanks for the scart connector, Ninfreak.

Ynnek: fine for me, never tried project M before. Just bring along any cable / connector piece for the wii you need.

I'm going to try to get some tech practice in before saturday. :)

And if anybody has any trouble finding the location, just call me.

Ninfreak

Smash Cadet
Hey, I will be bringing my brother with me, he plays some Melee also. Is that okay? If not I'll leave him home muhahaha :awesome:

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Dimitris' Ranbat (Aug.13 2011) - Results
(round robins, bo3, stages [BF, DL64, FD, FoD, PS, YS], random stage then counterpicking, Dave's Stupid Rule, no stage bans)

1: CBT+ :falconmelee: - won 7 sets (14 games)

2: ynnek :falcomelee:/:marthmelee:/:foxmelee: - won 6 sets (12 games)

3: Ninfreak :falconmelee:/:falcomelee: - won 5 sets (10 games)

4: angelwar :foxmelee:/:falcomelee: - won 4 sets (9 games)

5: Joris :marthmelee: - won 3 sets (7 games)

6: Dimitris :dkmelee: - won 2 sets (6 games)

7: Trudo :kirbymelee: - won 1 set (3 games)

8: Gommaar :marthmelee: - won 0 sets (1 game)

Ninfreak

Smash Cadet
Thank you all for this great day!
Shoutouts:

Dimitris: Thx for organizing this smashfest, we will surely make this a good habit ;) Keep training that DK, also good job on avoiding being 4-stocked by the second TV lol

Ynnek: Nice seeing you again (after 2 years)! Hope you're not too shocked by CBT+ (we all went dow that path). Keep trainijng on Fontain of Dreams, make it your favorite ;)

Joris: Nice one, getting almost trolled by lvl 9 Ganon. Fun playing with you these team matches (Bowser ftw!) Next time we'll play some Brawl and you'll **** me there ;)

Gommaar, Trudo: Nice playing with you guys, hope to see you next time.

CBT+: ****!

Angelwar: We'll have our revenge at home!

Thx for all, let's do this again sometime!!!!

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Yeah, it was fun guys! Though i hope my hands won't be hurting anymore tomorrow hahaha :D
Thank you all for this great day!
Shoutouts:

Dimitris: Thx for organizing this smashfest, we will surely make this a good habit ;) Keep training that DK, also good job on avoiding being 4-stocked by the second TV lol

Ynnek: Nice seeing you again (after 2 years)! Hope you're not too shocked by CBT+ (we all went dow that path). Keep trainijng on Fontain of Dreams, make it your favorite ;)

Joris: Nice one, getting almost trolled by lvl 9 Ganon. Fun playing with you these team matches (Bowser ftw!) Next time we'll play some Brawl and you'll **** me there ;)

Gommaar, Trudo: Nice playing with you guys, hope to see you next time.

CBT+: ****!

Angelwar: We'll have our revenge at home!

Thx for all, let's do this again sometime!!!!
It was nice seeing you too! And i will always have that hatred for FoD inside of me no matter what! Don't worry about the CBT ****, I'm already getting over it hahahaha, and he's a nice guy!

Top Bottom