• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M @ Genesis 2 results

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1: Kage :ganondorf: ($132)
2: JCaesar :rob::wario::ganondorf: ($66)
3: Leffen :fox::falco::falcon: ($22)
4: Trahh :falco: ($5)
5: rubyiris :falco::fox:
5: Gunblade :zelda:
7: CrYos :squirtle:
7: iShyGuy :marth:
9: Strong Bad :dk2:
9: Genoblast
9: GKInfinity :zelda:
9: RapeMaster550 :falco: (DQ'd from loser's)
13: Bacon
13: Krystedez
13: Nawgui :ike:
13: KiraFlax :sheik::ganondorf:
17: Hyuga :ganondorf::gw:
17: Ebonic Plague :ganondorf::lucario:
17: JaimeHR :ike:
17: ROOR
17: z0mfg :squirtle:
17: RKey :ike:
17: KOF :zerosuitsamus:
17: J666 :link: (DQ'd from loser's)
25: GCFox
25: Kuraudo :charizard:
25: rappster
25: Kokaloo
25: Digitalism :fox:
25: Spartamus
25: Hylian :falco:
25: Samsonites
33: The One Electronic
33: Brick
33: IceDragonWarrior17
33: BChu :ike:
33: Maru
33: Oats (DQ'd from loser's)
33: Jack :ganondorf:
33: Anto
33: Cubaisdeath :snake:
49: Crusayer
49: Radium
49: Los
49: Meta (DQ'd)

Sorry to the people I had to DQ to get the tournament done, especially RapeMaster550 and J666 since they could've done very well. Needless to say it's very difficult to get people together for their matches in a side event like this when so much other stuff is going on at the same time, but I think it went well overall. Thanks to everyone who entered!

We'd love to hears all your comments and suggestions for Project M. Please direct them to the Project M thread or the Project M section on smashmods.com.

All Project M videos from Genesis 2 can be found at my youtube. My Dazzle crapped out before the tournament so unfortunately very few of those matches were able to be recorded. I recorded the last few matches on my phone.

Loser's Semi-finals Leffen vs Trahh
Loser's Finals JCaesar vs Leffen
Grand Finals Kage vs JCaesar Match 1 Match 3

Oh and please please please help me out with the characters I missed in the results.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
When will we all be able to play with these characters? I'm tired of videos, just wanna play the actual mod already (not the demo). 14 characters will only be fun for so long...

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
stop asking. we aren't delaying a release because we're snickering in the br while our fans dont get to play, its because the game isnt ready for a public release.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Damn, you guys are pretty impatient. Seeing all the comments on when will it be released is probably very annoying for the developers, because it's definitely annoying me. Show some respect guys.

I'm curious on player input of Lucario though, because after checking the results thread, he didn't seem to popular. (Watched the Charizard vids though, he looks awesome)

napZzz

Smash Hero
When will we all be able to play with these characters? I'm tired of videos, just wanna play the actual mod already (not the demo). 14 characters will only be fun for so long...

this ^

why is it so hard just to release your ****? Like its not like people will use it officially you can just keep putting out new versions just look at most online games they patch their games every week or two to a month I dont get it. Let the community enjoy your game and give you feedback

like i've played the way earlier beta versions of the game and it was alot of fun, it doesn't have to be perfect to let people play it. Like...for real how long has it been. **** the developers. Infract me for real talk we out

TP

Smash Master
this ^

why is it so hard just to release your ****? Like its not like people will use it officially you can just keep putting out new versions just look at most online games they patch their games every week or two to a month I dont get it. Let the community enjoy your game and give you feedback

like i've played the way earlier beta versions of the game and it was alot of fun, it doesn't have to be perfect to let people play it. Like...for real how long has it been. **** the developers. Infract me for real talk we out
Except that this is EXACTLY what killed Brawl+.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
this ^

It isn't ready because it isn't ready. It is unfinished; releasing an unfinished product would lead to confusion about what is and isn't finished, cause arguments, would look unprofessional, and would ultimately be a horrible idea. The reason it is brought to tournaments is because everything about it is far more manageable and because tournament results are very useful bits information. If you want to try the full build, make it out to a national. If we released it now the constant changes would just end up a headache.

The demo was released out of good faith to show the community we mean business and are working diligently to get things done. We still are. A lot has changed since then and we are doing our best to keep everyone up to date. No need to get upset big guy.

Edit quoted the wrong person.

Revven

FrankerZ
this ^

Constantly releasing updates and changes is a problem for people who want to actually compete because many things can change from one thing to the next. Literally changes are made daily from something small to something huge for any character. We don't stick with one thing forever, some times things are scrapped completely like Charizard. Charizard didn't just start out as what we have now, he was something else entirely a few months ago and now he's completely different because we didn't like the direction he was going in those few months back.

Making a public release and then doing constant updates just makes people frustrated with having to constantly keep up. You may have a hard time understanding this because you never experienced what Brawl+ was like, but the pace the dev team is going at right now would be way too quick for anyone to actually PLAY it as one thing could change that makes the game suddenly play entirely different from 1 day to the next.

Just look at the demo to now, literally about two weeks after we released the demo things were getting fixed that were huge issues in how the game felt. The demo became outdated in two weeks nevermind the numerous bug fixes we were making to things that were overlooked.

It is extremely important to us that we get something out there we are happy with and represents what we feel is complete so we don't have to worry about updating something often so you guys can actually play without suddenly noticing your character is entirely different than how he/she was a week ago.

Also, the difference between official games and us is that we are still developing the game. The gameplay mechanics are not done even if they seem like they are. There's still quite a bit of inner workings that need tweaking and the ability to be able to change what we haven't quite yet been able to. Then there's even a good amount of characters that are not finished or even barely changed at all, which is another thing we wouldn't want to release and is why the demo only has 14 characters.

Official games that have patches are actually finished, they are complete. Other fighting games that have received patches are complete already with all characters already done and the mechanics how they want them to be. Comparing us to completed games is ridiculous, even if the game seems complete to you it is by no means done at all.

Releasing now and then doing subsequent updates would kill us in the same way it killed Brawl+. Especially at the rapid pace we're going now where we literally make about 100 or more changes a day.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Falco400: Its taking WAAAYYY too long though. Seriously. I hate the way Brawl + changed things all the time and I hope you guys don't do that. But its been way too long. I still believe Brawl + has done better in the long run so far since its game actually came out.

shanus

Smash Hero
@ Falco400: Its taking WAAAYYY too long though. Seriously. I hate the way Brawl + changed things all the time and I hope you guys don't do that. But its been way too long. I still believe Brawl + has done better in the long run so far since its game actually came out.
Would you rather have quality or quantity? Which game would you actually play? You'd put down the ****ty game and go back to brawl or melee within a week and would be unlikely to try a new version in the future.

We are making a professional mod, and it takes time. It's not like we want to keep fans waiting, but the fact is, its our hobby, and a majority of the PMBR develops this while having full time jobs, lives, etc. Not to mention we do cutting edge development on deciphering all this stuff from assembly language.....

Smashjin

Smash Ace
What I'm a little confused about is why the version of Project M used for tournaments is a version that's unreleased to the public. Other players that aren't fortunate enough to be on the test team or developing it come in to a pretty different game with different characters that they don't know what they are capable of.

I feel that if there's actually going to be tournaments for the game, then everyone should have access to the same version so no one has an advantage. It just seems like it makes more sense and is more fair to me.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The Project M tournament was really fun. I'm definitely gonna get P:M once it's released.

Oh and for the record I went all zelda

shanus

Smash Hero
What I'm a little confused about is why the version of Project M used for tournaments is a version that's unreleased to the public. Other players that aren't fortunate enough to be on the test team or developing it come in to a pretty different game with different characters that they don't know what they are capable of.

I feel that if there's actually going to be tournaments for the game, then everyone should have access to the same version so no one has an advantage. It just seems like it makes more sense and is more fair to me.
The reason is that the demo versions engine is completely outdated as compared to the development build, and we use the tournaments (with a very low cost of entry and plenty of room for friendlies) as a grounds to get players to see the latest developments and get excited about the game. It's not about the tournament as much as it is the ability to show off what we've done (like a game expo) with a huge number of excited smash players

Smashjin

Smash Ace
The reason is that the demo versions engine is completely outdated as compared to the development build, and we use the tournaments (with a very low cost of entry and plenty of room for friendlies) as a grounds to get players to see the latest developments and get excited about the game. It's not about the tournament as much as it is the ability to show off what we've done (like a game expo) with a huge number of excited smash players
Fair point.

But an updated demo or something to get everyone on the same page wouldn't hurt either. Just something every once in a while for everyone who may not be able to make it to these tournaments or to hold the interest of the people that are probably getting bored with just the demo.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
yea i mean i myself still play the demo only because it keeps me interested in PM but i live in the midwest where there are mostly brawl players and rarely any tournaments as well as having a job and friends (who dont really play games) that i attend to there is no way for me to travel and at the same time there are no PMBR members here so in other words im **** out of luck when it comes to any type of update or way of playing the current builf for PM.

shanus

Smash Hero
Fair point.

But an updated demo or something to get everyone on the same page wouldn't hurt either. Just something every once in a while for everyone who may not be able to make it to these tournaments or to hold the interest of the people that are probably getting bored with just the demo.
Don't get me wrong, we want to get something great out the door once we think its ready. It's just not quite there yet haha

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Would you rather have quality or quantity? Which game would you actually play? You'd put down the ****ty game and go back to brawl or melee within a week and would be unlikely to try a new version in the future.

We are making a professional mod, and it takes time. It's not like we want to keep fans waiting, but the fact is, its our hobby, and a majority of the PMBR develops this while having full time jobs, lives, etc. Not to mention we do cutting edge development on deciphering all this stuff from assembly language.....
That I can completely understand, but my problem is that you are using this at high profile events, large nationals here and having side tournaments with money on the line. Not only does this prove that the current version is good enough (since it's able to be used at events, money on the line, videos recorded, etc) - but it's also almost unfair in a way competitively for PMBR members to be able to enter the events with months and months of training to compete with members who have only played it for that day.

Imo either tournaments need to use publicly released versions, or at the least not allow PMBR members (who don't even get first :p lol jk) to enter if it's a new release everyone is trying out for the first time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

I'd rather have something than nothing. Especially before the hype dies out. Thats what I'm trying to get at.

I understand it takes time, but nothing can ever be perfect. So if perfection is what is being aimed for then there is a problem.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Good **** Trahh!!
Thanks! This was really fun. was actually my first time playing project M in probably a year, which actually reflects the PM Dev team pretty well.

Great job handling the tournament guys, musta been a bit hectic with people leaving all the time and stuff.

can't wait for another one!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Any updates on whether or not yall got the tether recoveries to work like Melee?

Link in particular really needs it even with the glide toss bomb jump, his recovery is still far too predictable/not long enough. While you're on that, his clawshot needs to be increased to the same size as his hookshot in Melee.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
project m was great. the two that tied for 7th are bros of mine was hope-ing they would continue winning and play each other in losers finals but they didn't

also im the guy that helped run the brackets when i noticed that jcaesar was busy in a match and people were wondering who they were going to play next or wanted to report a match.

saddens me that no one played toon link besides a few friendlies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Any updates on whether or not yall got the tether recoveries to work like Melee?

Link in particular really needs it even with the glide toss bomb jump, his recovery is still far too predictable/not long enough. While you're on that, his clawshot needs to be increased to the same size as his hookshot in Melee.
We are unable to modify the length of Link's tether, yet.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
oh I sure hope so, haha. I just don't see him any higher than 25th...

results are probably not a good thing to base off of though.
Hahahah. Yeah, probably not a good idea to base how good he is off of what I'm doing. I'm not that good and just picked up Charizard in a single day. Charizard is hella good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom