• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI July Results

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Main thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305772
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12242

Melee Doubles:
1: me (Sinister and Akuma)
2: CoMo is HoMo (Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu)
3: Terr It Up (Terral + Terry)
4: Team Sinister Lite (Kellen + Bert)
5: Fuzzy Navels (JeBuS + Linkz)
5: Level One Bluetooth (xzerolegend + Ugvts)
7: Dildo Saber (ICE + BZA)
7: BrawlPros (DrewBear + Sam)

Brawl singles:
1: DeLux ($14.40) (Ice Climbers)
2: Linkz ($7.20) (Zelda)
3: xZeroLegend ($2.40) (Marth/Dedede)
4: Terry (Dedede)
5: ICE (ROB)
5: Terral (Olimar)
7: JeBuS (Lucario)
7: Ugvts (Lucas/DK?)
9: Kodie (Luigi)
9: BZA (Wolf)
9: Kellen (?)
9: Zivilyn Bane (Peach)

Melee singles:
1: Sinister ($18.20) (Shiek)
2: Zivilyn Bane ($5.20) (Marth)
3: Bert ($2.60) (Falco)
4: Kellen (Peach)
5: Zantetsu (Fox)
5: Akuma (Samus)
7: Terrry (Shiek)
7: Terral (Pikachu)
9: ICE (Jigglypuff)
9: Ugvts (Ganon)
9: Linkz (Zelda)
9: DrewBear (Falco)
13: xzeroLegend (Marth)
13: EFG (Falco)

Smash 64 singles were not completed, but these are the results so far:
5: Terral (Pikachu)
7: EFG
7: Ugvts
9: ICE
9: DeLux
9: Nels

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Could you post the Bracket from TIO please?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
The brackets are over at AllIsBrawl. I'll put up direct links to them once I get a chance to.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Shoutouts:

Brawl:
1: DeLux - Thanks for showing up and putting Linkz in his place. It's about time someone beat him. It was great meeting you, and we all (possibly hesitantly, not wanting to face you in a tournament) hope you come back.
2: Linkz - Only SECOND? You've gotta step it up.
3: xZeroLegend - You're our highest-placing Springfield player. Beat by two travelers. You need to step it up, too.
4: Terry - That Melee set for Brawl singles was totally legit.
5: ICE - I didn't play you at all at the tournament. Lame. You probably won't read this anyway.
5: Terral - Stop sucking at both games.
7: JeBuS - You surprised me here. You seem to be improving every tournament, good stuff.
7: Ugvts - The drooling hunchback.
9: Kodie - Didn't play against you either, feels like it's been forever.
9: BZA - Sorry you couldn't stick around. You'd better make sure you get off of work for the next tournament.
9: Kellen - Since you play Peach in Melee, it seems like you would be pretty good at slowing down to Brawl's pace. I'm sure you don't practice any, though.
9: Zivilyn Bane - If you actually learned Brawl, even if you didn't practice, you could probably do decently in our Brawl brackets. You have the tech skill to pull off all of the weird Peach ATs.

Melee:
1: Sinister - That Shiek, man. Fun friendlies, glad I didn't have to play you in bracket.
2: Zivilyn Bane - So close to first place.
3: Bert - Awesome job getting third. You deserved it. It makes me feel even better about Terry and I beating you and Kellen in doubles, too.. especially since Kellen placed right below you in singles.
4: Kellen - I almost think your Marth is getting better than your Peach. I usually feel reasonably comfortable fighting Marths on Yoshi's, but you mopped the floor with me. Good stuff.
5: Zantetsu - I don't think we played outside of doubles. Those were some close games, hopefully next time we'll beat you.
5: Akuma - Glad you didn't start maining Fox, your Samus is too good to do that. I won't main Falco, either.
7: Terry - It's so hard trying to keep up with you. I remember a point where I could actually beat you at this game, now I lose every match. Good stuff.
7: Terral - Lol Pikachu.
9: ICE - Keep working on that Jiggs. You have a lot of potential, and you're also the only local player who uses that character.
9: Ugvts - YOU MUST RECOVER!
9: Linkz - If only you actually played this game.
9: DrewBear - Keep up the good work.
13: xzeroLegend - If only you actually played any of these games.
13: EFG - Don't let being tied with xzero discourage you, just get in some more practice and hope you play different people in brackets. That's what I do.

9: Nels - Thanks for coming, hope to see you again. I have no idea what that live-streaming stuff was all about since it wasn't showing any matches, but I'm sure you have some good reason for it.

DeLux

Nels was doing some equipment tsting for our Aug 13 event in KC you all should come to.

Shout outs when I'm off work tonight at some point

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Outshouts
1: Sinister - GGs Sinister. I believe I'm now like 0-7 vs you in tournies =/
3: Bert - Good job beating Roman. You guys have a good rivalry going to it's always fun to watch you two play.
4: Kellen - Wow great job beating Akuma. You've definitely stepped it up a bit. And also very close set with Roman!
5: Zantetsu - I think we did better in teams this month than in June, not as far as placing goes but actual consistency and chemistry. We're getting there but we need to practice teams more. If we can get Terral to play with us more consistently we'll have some good practice vs Terr It Up.
5: Akuma - Man I was getting pumped for our losers finals set...then I heard you lost and at first I thought Kellen was kidding. But it's ok dude everybody has a bad tournament every once in awhile. You'll bring it back next month or at MIST.
7: Terry - Very good games in brackets. Can't wait to watch the vids for 'em, you played so well.
7: Terral - We had some fun matches at the beginning of the day. I think next time we should just rig the bracket so that we play each other just so we can get more games in :)
9: ICE - Give me your cell phone number and I'll convert you to a full time melee player :)
9: Ugvts - Stvgu :9
9: Linkz - Don't worry about the loss dude, if anything maybe this will provide you with a little more incentive to practice more and bring it back next month.
9: DrewBear - You were pretty quiet this month and I was worried about you lol. But I'm glad you entered doubles with Sam instead of sitting it out.
13: xzeroLegend - Thanks again for helping me carry stuff out.
13: EFG - Glad you came back Sam. Hope to see you at MIST!

others

Lux - Good job coming down and ****** our Brawl team
Nels - Nice meeting you! Sorry I won't be making the tourney on the 13th. We should definitely go in to collaboration on MIST2 or something lol.
Blake - One second you were there, the next you were gone =/
Anybody else - thanks for coming.

EpicFalcoGuy

Smash Rookie
Aaah...my first shoutouts. =]

Bert - I aspire to beat your Falco. A long ways off maybe, but your tech skill is something I admire.
Akuma - My first set of friendlies after Roman, warming up. Got wrecked. You certainly helped, though. I didn't kill myself near as many times after that. XD
Terry - Thanks for being so legit with the pizza. =D
Terral - GG's. Dat Pikachu is a monsta.
ICE - LEARN DAT JIGGS SON
Ziv - Forcing me into doubles made me realize I need to find a full time doubles partner. And I did later that night.
Nels - Cool guy. Keep up the good work, yo.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Its seriously so funny cuz it seems like one month I'll place above Roman, and then the next he'll place above me. Its like constantly like that so I feel as if he and I are like identical in tech skill. Just really small differences in the games outcomes. Like we were both at 110%+ at the end of both games iirc. Was so nutz. But for real, its ALWAYS fun playing u Roman.

And wtf happened to me game 2 vs Ziv lol. I just didn't feel like pressing any buttons anymore haha I was so stressed at that point in time. Decided to go Falcon game 3 lol. Either way, Springfield got their revenge on me with Ziv 4 stocking me. That'll make two vids now on YouTube where I've gotten 4 stocked by Ziv. *insert my reputation is ruined face here*

Thanks as always Springfield for hosting this. And as always it was fun as hell. Unfortunately I wont be making it to the midwest's largest tournament MIST but CoMO will be there with my Dazzle so the recording setup will still be avail. As far as I know, I'll still be at the August Pathways so keep me up to date on when it is.

@EpicFalcoGuy: thanks man, I really do appreciate that.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Its seriously so funny cuz it seems like one month I'll place above Roman, and then the next he'll place above me. Its like constantly like that so I feel as if he and I are like identical in tech skill.
i don't know about tech skill. do shdl every time without missing it and doubleshines w/ fox in match and then we'll talk :bee:. but remember tech skill ain't everything. i don't have much.

and hey ziv you're not 0-7 you're 1-7. you beat me the first time :bee:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Its seriously so funny cuz it seems like one month I'll place above Roman, and then the next he'll place above me. Its like constantly like that so I feel as if he and I are like identical in tech skill. Just really small differences in the games outcomes. Like we were both at 110%+ at the end of both games iirc. Was so nutz. But for real, its ALWAYS fun playing u Roman.
I don't think we were that close at the end of our bracket matches this month. You really wrecked me. You kept the pressure on me more than I'm used to and everything I tried to do, I got punished for it. You didn't give me space to think!

Good **** Bert.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
ok seriously i'm losing my **** over here. i'm trying to upload these ****in vids and i keep getting "unknown error"s. so apparently i'm going to have to wait til i go to jared's. bull****.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
And for yet another month, the only recording setup with everything being uploaded is Ugvts'. The only videos that I don't really want to watch.

DeLux

Linkz - You are too good to be playing Zelda imo :( But yeah, I'm not sure where to rate how you stand because you're the first Zelda I've played in tournament since I figured out how to really play Ice Climbers. You've got the potential man, you just gotta get out of your pond and start swimming in that sea of Kansas/midwest talent.
Terry - Thanks for playing those friendlies at the beginning of the day.
ICE - Your ROB is broken. No Joke
Terral - I could have sworn you went ROB against me in the tourney match. But it was fun playing either way.
JeBuS - I don't understand how Lucario works
Ugvts - Thanks for the warmup friendlies when nobody else was there yet and for being an overal nice guy
Zivilyn Bane - Thanks for singlehandedly persuading me into coming down

I don't remember a lot of people and who they were, so if I forgot you, please remind me who you were! It's important to me.

Melee people - I wish I was cool enough to play your game. And talent enough. But I'm not :(

Saffy - Should have come. Come to my tourney to play me if you want :)

Dnyce - I won. Project Win a Local a success. To be followed by Project Win a Regional before I get on to your level.

Everyone, now that I came to your tournament, you all need to come to mine.

Going in order by date:

My Biweekly Aug 6 & 20: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303273
I know the first one is on the day of MIST, but if you don't play any Melee at all, you should come up for the Ltown Throw down

KC Midwest Netwarz Aug 13 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305642
This event is going to be mad hype. Nels came down specifically to show that he's trying to get rooted in the scene and community to give us a quality event that we deserve. It's a one day event with a $200 pot bonus which is nearly unheard of. I'm going to TO both sides, and I promise it'll be good. But it's definitely got the possibility of being National Tournament level hype within your region.

BTEH 2 Sept 3 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304656
Since my first charity driven tournament was such a big success, I thought we'd go for round 2. Only this time I'm hoping to get huge amounts of support from the KU area. My goal is to raise $500 instead of $250ish in donations for the homeless. With your help, I can get there :)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Btw just wanted everyone to know the team name Terr it Up was easily the coolest name I've seen at a tournament thus far (besides Team Sinister) lol.

:phone:

Saffy

Smash Ace
Saffy - Should have come. Come to my tourney to play me if you want :)
I wish I could go, Kansas is a little too far for me especially with having no form of transportation.! If you will be at MIST I will see you there :o!

Top Bottom