• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI August

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12359
Springfield, MO discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298346
Organizer/Host: Terral

No venue fee; tournament fees will not surpass $10, but there isn't a solid plan just yet. Please bring your own controller. We are planning to start at 1:00 PM, arriving earlier than that is unwise if you don't enjoy standing around.

The August tournament will be the second local tournament of the month after MIST. There will be Brawl and Melee singles and doubles. Both singles events will be $2. Currently, this plan is tentative. If there is an updated version of Project M available, we will have a free bracket for that.

If your match is on a recorded setup, please use identifying nicknames so that the one running the setup has an easier time keeping track of who is who when they are uploaded.

There is a chance we may run a Super Street Fighter IV double elimination bracket in parallel. Other side tournaments, should they happen, will likely be single elimination, and may include: Soul Calibur 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros 64 (Virtual Console).

If you plan on showing up, it would be ideal to post here or contact Terral in advance. This is to ensure that we know how many people to expect, and won't start the brackets before everyone has arrived.

Tournaments are scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, but this may change on a monthly basis.

For the curious, there should be some kind of food and soda, and the venue has water fountains. Expect pizza, but there's a good chance we will need to pool together money.

If you think you may need to text someone, just ask and Terral can provide a cellphone number.

Venue Details

Name: Pathways United Methodist Church
Address: 1232 E. Dale Street
Springfield, Missouri, United States

Don't break anything, keep to the rooms where the tournament is in. The tournament will most likely be in the basement; facing the main parking lot, there is a dark metal door by a window and drain-thing, inside the door the basement stairs are to the left.

Rules[COLLAPSE="Brawl"]Using the newest version of the BBR Unity Ruleset, with added match-up specific rules.

Double elimination
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

Match-up specific rules:
- If a character matchup is chosen that has a character-specific infinite or near-infinite, if the character with an infinite counter-picked the other player, the disadvantaged player may choose to reset the character selection process (they choose a different character, opponent counter-picks again; this can happen only once)
Affected:
Dedede's standing infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, Donkey Kong)
Marth's re-grab (Ness, Lucas)

In event of time-out on Rainbow Cruise, any player using Meta Knight automatically loses the match. If all players are Meta Knight, then it is handled as a normal draw.

First round of a set:
- select characters for first set
- strike out stages from starter: one player strikes two stages, other strikes three, first strikes one.
- each player may ban a stage for the set
After:
- loser chooses counter-pick stage*
- winner chooses character
- loser chooses character

- When choosing a character, multi-character slots are to be specified (ie ZSS or Samus, Shiek or Zelda); Pokemon Trainer can alternatively be randomized

* You can't counter-pick a stage that you've already won on in the set, unless agreed upon

Starter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Melee"]4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (2 of 3 if players agree)
Wobbling is banned

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules.

Starter:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Doubles changes:
Starter: Pokemon Stadium
Banned: Fountain of Dreams[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Smash 64"]5 stocks, items none
Best 2 of 3, recommended 3 of 5 for finals
DK's infinite cargo hold is banned

Starter Stages: Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land
Counterpick Stage: Peach's Castle.[/COLLAPSE]Super Street Fighter 4:
Play for best of 3 best of 3, with finals being best of 5 best of 3. Double elimination. Random stage, since picking is pointless.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I might be going to OK for a tourney this weekend.

But if I don't go to OK, I'll put my biweekly on hold for a week to try to get some of the newer KC guys to come here to play with you. :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If needed, we can switch it to the 27th. We try to work around other events. We just try not to switch things up with less than a month's notice.

DeLux

Well, the thing is I'm hosting an Event in Lawrence Sept 3 as well. So what would be awesome would be if your Brawl guys came to the local event I host on the 20th, then we'll promise to come down if you move yours to the 27th, and then you come to my Brawl and Melee regional charity event on Sept 3rd =]

Just an offer

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
We're definitely going to your tourney on the 3rd Lux....and I want to try to make the OK tourney since it's for a smasher that passed away recently. I need to talk to Roman about it.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I went ahead and rescheduled it for the 27th.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
It's been rescheduled, but I still don't know if I'll be able to make it. I'll do my best, but no promises. I won't be free anymore after all.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's been rescheduled, but I still don't know if I'll be able to make it. I'll do my best, but no promises. I won't be free anymore after all.
If you like I can provide you with a little motivation to go.

I'll kill you if you don't show.

There, how's that?

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
The tourney falls on the Saturday after my first week of college. I may be too burned out to attended or if I make friends that first week, I may be hanging with them. Like I said, I'll see what I do Ziv, since I'm not even sure if I'll have a car.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I know for sure you won't be in Minnesota. You'll be at the tournament.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
So many disappointments in August for me lol. Can't make it to MIST, possibly cannot attend this, probs wont make it to the tournament in between those two. F. M. L. Sadface.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Lets be honest...you won't make any friends :troll:
Where will you be? I'm sure you can get a ride lol
Thanks for the support...T_T

I may be on campus that weekend still, but I may come home too, as my parents are nuts and think I'll go home every weekend. No way in hell I'm going to, but I might that first one.

DeLux

Sorry Linkz, but you've just been replaced by Saffy as my new favorite Pathways Smasher

If Saffy comes and you guys do Brawl Doubles for serious, then I'll get off work and come down for this :) :) :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hopefully people get there on time next month so we can start Brawl sooner and get through both events. It seems like most of our Brawl crew just shows up whenever, then our events get pushed off schedule.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hopefully people get there on time next week so we can start Brawl sooner and get through both events. It seems like most of our Brawl crew just shows up whenever, then our events get pushed off schedule.
Next week??? What's going on next week that I don't know about?

If you mean August Pathways, I agree. The Brawl guys just show up whenever and it is really bad for dudes that spend their money to travel like Lux. Even Linkz can't really show up at an earlier time and that sucks. I know he's busy and all...but for tournies when people travel he should try to get there earlier.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Next week??? What's going on next week that I don't know about?

If you mean August Pathways, I agree. The Brawl guys just show up whenever and it is really bad for dudes that spend their money to travel like Lux. Even Linkz can't really show up at an earlier time and that sucks. I know he's busy and all...but for tournies when people travel he should try to get there earlier.
I meant to put month. I'm not really sure why there is so much trouble with people getting to the events on time.

DeLux

But seriously, if there is no Brawl Doubles, imma be sad

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm going to try to convince BZA's crew to show up on time and all that. Hopefully they'll be able to.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I intend to fully prepare for this tournament by building the biggest bridge in minecraft I possibly can, and learning how to balance furniture on the top of my head. Are those quaking knees I hear, from smashers all over Missouri trembling in terror at my madd skillz?

Awww, Crow Magnum all up in this

Saffy

Smash Ace
I don't think I will be able to make this unless someone from Rolla does a Carpool. My dad won't be in the state that week.

DeLux

I don't think I will be able to make this unless someone from Rolla does a Carpool. My dad won't be in the state that week.
Mad
Not coming

90% sure I'm coming and will be bringing some people, saffy or no saffy

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I've heard sad tales that Columbia and Arkansas won't be here. I guess we'll be back to being about even between Brawl and Melee, attendance-wise.

DeLux

But KC is coming, with or without Saffy

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I won't be coming and I don't know about Drew or Sam being there without me since I'm normally their ride. Who knows.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Maybe KC Brawl and Melee could learn to get along and come together.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also expressing interest if I magically find about 60 extra dollars.

Would enter brawl/melee (maybe dubs in both, melee dubs are way more fun tbh).

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
In interest of full disclosure, we aren't expecting to get all of our normal group. So unless you really want to come play some Smash, it might be more worth it to hold off until September. Not trying to discourage anyone from showing up, since we'd still love to have everyone. I just don't want people to drive a long distance to be disappointed and not have an opportunity to make all of their gas money back.

DeLux

How many people are we expecting here?

I've gotten some interest from KC Brawl and could be bringing 4-5 people

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Slowly but surely approaching the tournament. I don't think I'm ready.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I might have a doubles partner, but I don't have much time to practice. I'll get SOME in before the tournament, but I've only played that one time at Pathways since MIST. I'm very disappointed, because I had intended to get a lot more practice in.. I just ended up getting too busy, and now classes are starting.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I might have a doubles partner, but I don't have much time to practice. I'll get SOME in before the tournament, but I've only played that one time at Pathways since MIST. I'm very disappointed, because I had intended to get a lot more practice in.. I just ended up getting too busy, and now classes are starting.
You're not the only person that rarely gets to play. I've also only played once since MIST. But I don't see a point in always telling people when the last time I played was. Oh and if you were that determined to play more you would have stayed longer on Monday. You had the whole day off, showed up late, and left early. What's up with that?

DeLux

It's sounding like I won't have a doubles partner either :(

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Ugvts would be glad to introduce everyone without a partner for doubles to his good friend, level 1 Mewtwo.

Top Bottom