• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The truth about Taj vs Armada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
If this is all common knowledge to everybody here, then I guess someone can delete this thread. So we all have heard Taj fell off from his chair when playing against armada in the last match, which caused gamecube to go off. That is what all the genesis twitters said at the time, and what was told in the smashboards too. For some reason, not until lately have I heard, that there is more to that story. I don't know if it has been said somewhere in the smashboards already, but I just haven't seen it.

So what more am I talking about? Well, according to my sources, in the last match when Taj had 1 stock and Armada 3, Taj kinda "ragequit". He just left walking and stumbled to wires which caused gamecube to go off. I heard he just couldn't stand the situation anymore, and "rage-quit" because of that. Well, it's okay. I mean many people ragequits and stuff. What is weird is the image people gave about that situation. All I remember is: "Taj fell off from his chair laughing real hard!". Like it was some heroic trolling moment where he went down with his boots on, when the reality of the situation was much less flattering, in fact, it was embarrassing kinda. Though if Taj has laughed about it, I guess he took it the right way =].

In this thread we will discuss about couple things related. First is ragequiting. What does it mean to the community? Do you think it is good or bad e-sports? Do you think that ragequiting is disrespectful to your opponent and to the community as whole? Is there anything we should and could do about it?

The second thing we are discussing is the media-image that is given to certain events and occurrences. In Taj's case, I'm not sure why the wrong or misleading image was given? Was it just because the twitter guy's didn't really know what really happened, or was it because someone wanted to give better image to Taj and soft-soap his good performance in the tournament so far, and not give it a salty ending. Should people always trust media(including personal twitter broadcasts) blindingly without questioning the real truth behind it? Again, sorry if the truth about taj vs armada was already brought up and this is old information.

To Taj: I love and respect your Marth so much man! Keep up the good work. I know it's real hard against Armada's peach with it. And it doesn't make it easier that everybody says how easy that match up should be to marth. I know cause I was a marth main myself. In the future, don't give up man, even if you're couple stocks behind! Amsah-comeback that we all know, would have never happened if Amsah would have given up on his last stock. And really, you won't be able to practice against armada very much, so every stock that you get practice counts. Yeah I know it's hard, but no pain no gain, you can do it man!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I made my friend rage quit melee a week or 2 ago by 4 stocking him with Puff.

I had never even used her before either xD

Rage quits are hillarious.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
lol, Taj doesn't seem like a ragequiter xD
I really don't like ragequitting (although I do it at times :D) because it is a bit disrespectful to the one you are playing.

I also want to say that quitting a game when you know you are going to die at your last stock in friendlies just so you can play as much as possible is not ragequitting (imo)

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
I made my friend rage quit melee a week or 2 ago by 4 stockinh him with Puff.

I had never even used her before either xD

Rage quits are hillarious.
Haha, funny =). Though I wonder, how did he manage to ragequit if you 4 stocked him? I mean, if he loses all his stock's, he really can't ragequit after that because he has lost and game has ended? Quitting in the end if one knows there's nothing to be done to get back on stage is not ragequitting imo.

I also want to say that quitting a game when you know you are going to die at your last stock in friendlies just so you can play as much as possible is not ragequitting (imo)
I agree with that. If you're clearly unable to get on stage on your last stock (flying too far away and stuff), then quit the game to save time, I don't consider it ragequit either.

Pikaville

I mean he literally threw his controller on the floor, said "**** you Aidan" and didn't play me for over a week.

I think that's pretty much a rage quit.

Then he wouldn't shut up about how rigged Jiggs bair is. xD

Pikaville

It's all good now though.

I just told him he needed to pick his attacks out better.

Since Puff can attack and retreat pretty much at the same time.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
So you are making this thread, even though you weren't even there? I mean, it could have very well went down like you said, but it would help if the actual people who were there (your "sources") told us what happened, and not you.

Either story is pretty awesome though. AZ anger too gud.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
So you are making this thread, even though you weren't even there? I mean, it could have very well went down like you said, but it would help if the actual people who were there (your "sources") told us what happened, and not you.

Either story is pretty awesome though. AZ anger too gud.
I agree. I trust my source (99,9% at least), but it would be good if someone else from the tourney or the original source could come here to say it too. It would be more convincing that way, I agree.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Why is your source anonymous? It doesn't make us any more trusting, to say the least.

I don't think Taj is going to beat him up if he finds out.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to say who he is, at least not yet. Since I don't know if he wants to be public with this issue. Complimentary reasons just, nothing else. He probably doesn't even know that there was false/misleading image given about the situation, and he hasn't seen this thread also. He might write here when he sees it, or not, I don't know. Sorry for the secrecy.

finalcloud13

Smash Apprentice
The player has all the right to ragequit. But I think for the viewers, they shouldn't. To me it's always more fun to see them trying through to the end, and there's always the small chance that an epic comeback occurs. Now, I wouldn't mind if they ragequit if they just got upsmashed by Fox on their last stock at 200%, but as long as there's a chance to win, I think they should not throw in the towel early. Imagine how boring a sport would be to watch if a team decided at halftime that they're not gonna catch up and forfeited.

Terry

Smash Ace
A loss is an opportunity to learn and improve.
Also, you shouldn't blindly believe everything someone says. No matter who they are. Especially the media. Not saying Taj did ragequit only that its a possibility.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Armada just killed me with the other stitchface, I started laughing and said "LOL GG." I proceeded to attempt to walk off the stage to my right, but it was dark and I fell between the stage and the black table where the livestream was set up thinking it was part of the platform. That's it. I wasn't angry, I didn't throw ****, I even shook Armada's hand before I left.

I had a good time. Armada is too good. I know when I've lost, so I just GGed. Why is this a thread?

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
You left when you still had one stock left? Sure it would be hard to beat Armada at that point, but not impossible. I believe you wasn't angry, but quitting the game when you still have stocks left like that is called ragequit, even there wouldn't be any rage involved. Yeah I know it's kinda stupid to call that ragequit, but the point was we were given false/misleading information about what happened.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
That's fine. Call it a ragequit. I just thought it was funny, and I knew when I was outclassed. You can tell me how I think all you want. You can say what you would've done all you want, but what I did is what happened. I don't regret my decision, because I'm more than aware of when I can win and when I've lost. I'm not trying to save face or anything, I'm just saying what went on and what was going through my mind. I was laughing my *** off the entire time.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Arghh, sorry I didn't mean to sound like you did something very bad/disrespectful thing. I questioned ragequits in overall in this thread, but the main point was that we were given wrong/misleading information by twitter guy's and others. I would have wished you had fight to the "finish" though, but it's your call of course. I'm a fan of your marth, keep up the good work man =].

Kal

Smash Champion
*insert mean-spirited accusations*

I didn't mean it, man. I'm a fan of your Marth. <3

*pretend that my topic is not obnoxious and rude*

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Taj too good, I heard he took his hand off the controller to pick his nose against Armada, and though I wasn't at Genesis 2, hearing about Taj laughing and falling over and picking his nose was much more entertaining than hearing about Taj getting 3 stocked.

Thread over, <3 Taj, good **** man.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom