• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 4! Revival Of Mango?! NOVEMBER 19th-20th! ROAD TO APEX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE! The ROM series is back! I present to you ROM4!

I just finalized the date for the event and its around the same time as RoM 2 & 3 so hopefully i'll see all the familiar faces as I did before and some new ones as well.

I'll be updating this thread throughout the week as i put up rules,directions and all that other good stuff!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! SPREAD THE NEWS!!!

SETUPS!!!

Ok first off. We need TVs and set ups. I unfortunately only have a couple of TVs and cubes.

We really need TVs and set ups!!!!!! PLEASE TRY TO BRING WHAT YOU CAN!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Bringing a full set up knocks off 5$ per day that we use it!!!!! PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER!!!!

WHERE??

Toy Wiz
253 West Rt.59
Nanuet, NY 10954

845-624-2224

HOTEL!?

Its 99$ a night. You guys already know how we(smashers) treat a hotel room like a clown car.

Venue Address:
253 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

Hotel Address:
270 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

rofl

too good

haha Alu, I'm really happy with the prices, trust me. I was just tryin to help out my friends and who doesn't like for things to be cheaper? People won't be sleeping much anyway...we just need a place to be at for the night and sleep if we need to XD I just wanted to know if it was a deal requiring that I reserve the room ahead of time. But considering that I already got my plane ticket, I'm just gonna go ahead and get the room ASAP
Straight from toasty From Rom2

DIRECTIONS FROM PENN STATION IN NYC!

From Penn Station, you can take a train that goes to Secaucus, then at Secaucus transfer to a train thats heading towards Spring Valley and stop at Nanuet

DATE:

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT!!!

NOVEMBER 19th-20th 2011!!!

AIRPORTS

The closest major airport is Westchester County Airport (HPN / KHPN). This airport has domestic flights from White Plains, New York and is about 16 miles from the center of Nanuet, NY.

Another major airport is LaGuardia Airport (LGA / KLGA), which has international and domestic flights from New York, New York and is 23 miles from Nanuet, NY.

TIME:

I have a poll up deciding the layout for the tournament but either way the tournament will start at 1:00pm. Sign ups are from 8am till around noon.

SCHEDULE

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT ... POOLS FOR BOTH EVENTS WILL HAPPEN DAY 1 ... AS WILL HOPEFULLY CREWS ... BRACKET IS ON THE FOLLOWING DAY!

Entrance Fee:

Venue Fee: $20.00 USD (mandatory for all participants)

This tourney is an ON SITE REGISTRATION! Meaning there will NOT BE ONLINE REGISTRATION! SO PLEASE TRY TO BRING THE CORRECT AMOUNT! MAKES THINGS EASIER ON MY STAFF ... THANK YOU

Singles: $20
Doubles: $10 (PER PERSON)

CREWS!!!

THIS NEVER HAPPENS BUT I'LL TRY AND TRY AGAIN ... HOPEFULLY WE GET AS MUCH TALENT IN ONE PLACE AS WE DID LAST TIME ... I MEAN WE HAD BASICALLY EVERYONE ... SO PLEASE LETS HAVE EVERYONE SHOW UP FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE AREAS !!!!

PAYOUTS

If we get nearly as much people as last time this will be payouts. The payout is subject to change depending on the amount of entrants!!!!

SINGLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

DOUBLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

RULES
Since I pretty much agree with the genesis ruleset and saw little to really no complaints about it i'm just going to use their exact ruleset.

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Pause is set to “Off” (Non of that quick reset bull****!)
4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
7. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
8. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.
9. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
10. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
11. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:

o Who ever has more remaining stock left.
o If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by who ever has less percent.
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.

Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Items set to “Off”
3. Pause is set to “Off”
4. Life stealing is allowed.
5. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
6. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Set Procedure Player (Advanced Slob Picks)

1. Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player/Team that has already won on that Stage in this set unless agreed upon but both parties. (Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule)
8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.

Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:

Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1)
Singles Stage List

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield

Singles Counterpick Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle
Doubles Stage List
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Doubles Counterpick stages
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):

o Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
o Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the MY discretion!!!!

IMPORTANT UPDATE
For our competitors, we strive to create the best experience possible. With that in mind we have branched out into our newest addition to Apex the “Road to Apex” series. Beginning in August, we will begin to hold qualifiers across the United States as well as Internationally. These qualifiers will help players become ranked but also help the top placing regional player attend Apex. Here is a breakdown on what each event will be offering to our players.

Each event listed as a “Road to Apex” qualifier events will feature a ranking point system for the singles and doubles events. The point system, listed below, will help us to make sure that the best experience possible is given to each player. On top of that, we will be able to provide a better quality for the event. The points are broken down from 1st place to 7th place below.

1st place – 64pts
2nd place – 32pts
3rd place – 16pts
4th place – 8pts
5th place – 4pts
5th place – 4pts
7th place – 2pts
7th place – 2pts

Note: The doubles event would be giving that point total to each individual player. It would not be split.

All matches will be played out to get the full placing.

As an additional feature, we will be providing the top 3 placing regional players of each singles event with a $100 stipend to travel to Apex 2012. What this means is that for a West Coast event, for example, the top placing West Coast player will receive the stipend regardless of where they stand in the bracket. This is to help our players travel to the biggest event in the competitive smash history Apex 2012. Although since this is an East Coast tournament and its on the East Coast we will just be giving waved entree and venue to Apex 2012.

Note: Only those who have lived in the region for the past 6 months are eligible to receive the stipend.

To all those going to the qualifiers we here at the Apex staff wish you luck and hope to see you at all the events including Apex 2012 where Smash will make history.
SO LETS MAKE THIS ANOTHER AMAZING EVENT!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Got a bad feeling this is gonna make people choose between RoM and Apex =\
not at all ... this is going to give players more incentive to come to both because i'm finalizing some things for this to be part of the road to apex. so cheer up and show up and support your fav game !!! =]

My day was just made.
as soon as i got the ok my day was set !

hollllly ****tttt

revival of meleeeeee
yo ... teams ?! LMFAO ... u better show up !
oh hey

sure

yeah
hey aren't u that guy that plays brawl ?! ^_~

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
i was worried about the timing, but it is right after i get my complete license, cant waiittt

fitting that my first big tourney would be a RoM. south jersey reppppppp, time to drop the soap all over the place lmao

Eggm

Smash Hero
i was worried about the timing, but it is right after i get my complete license, cant waiittt

fitting that my first big tourney would be a RoM. south jersey reppppppp, time to drop the soap all over the place lmao
Uh oh. South jersey has a driver now? That's exciting. Maybe they can get back into the scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom