• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/23/2011: Viva Espana! NEOH vs PITTSBURGH DODGEBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Viva Espana -- St. Lasdislas Church, Westlake, Ohio -- July 23rd, 2011​

Thanks everyone for coming out and making this tournament so successful and fun! Despite the power outage and change of venues, all of you made this a great tournament, especially since this was my first time as a TO. Thanks so much <3

Special shoutouts to TOs (Solecalibur and Crum), helpers (Aldana, Nick Ricci, and Maria), and the organizers from WAY (Lauren and Meghan). And a very special thanks to St. Ladislas Church and Amanda who allowed us to have this tournament. And thanks to all of you, who through the venue fee, were able to help us raise over $130 for WAY group's trip to Spain for World Youth Day.

BRAWL SINGLES
1. Shugo ($72.00) :metaknight: :falco: :pit:
2. M@V ($36.00) :metaknight: :fox: :zelda: :falco:
3. Blue Rogue ($12.00) :wario:
4. Pops :metaknight: :wario: :yoshi2: :random:
5. King Beef :marth: :metaknight:
5. Links24 :toonlink: :snake:
7. Argent :lucario:
7. Colaya :marth: :ike:
9. Solecalibur :wario: :dedede: :wolf: :snake: :zerosuitsamus:
9. IThrowThings :sonic:
9. Jiffyboob :ness2: :wario:
9. Suyon :pit:
13. Denzi :falco:
13. Tedium
13. Blimp :samus2:
13. King~ :metaknight:
17. Auspher :wolf:
17. Vudujin
17. JigglyZelda :zelda: :peach:
17. Lokii :zerosuitsamus:
17. DJNicholasRage aka Carroll :zerosuitsamus:
17. Rikku :lucario:
17. Aldana
17. Moya

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles
1: Black hair dont care big *** no class ($54.00) (Shugo and M@v)
2: trolling saruman ($27.00) (Blue Rogue and Suyon)
3: Argent and ITT ($9.00)
4: Kina & Links24095832098523-0982-0985234
5: Colaya and Jiffy
5: Dat DACUS (Carroll and Tedium)
7: Auspher and Blimp
7: President Tafts pony brigade (Lokii and Denzi)
9: Phillip Sutter and Jigglyzelda

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee Singles
1. Taki and Vudujin ($18.00 each)
3: DJNicholasrage (Carroll) ($4.00)
4: Silent swag
5: Blue Rouge
5: dr. Steinbouk
7: Jiffyboob
7: syick

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee Doubles
1st seahorses-4EVER (Taki & Carroll)
2nd shine legend (silentSWAG & Syick)
3rd team missfire! (Vudujin & a Lvl9 luigi!!!!!!)
4th ITT & Blue Rouge
5th team team (dr. Stienbock & links24)

BlazBlue: CS2
1. GigabowserXYZ
2. Denzi
3. Lokii
4. Blue Rogue

AND FINALLY....

THE NEOH DODGEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2011

Team NEOH: 1 win
Captain: Jiffyboob

Featuring NEOH smash

Team Pittsburgh: 1 win
Captain: Carroll

Featuring Pittsburgh smash + Argent, Blimp, Lokii, and Maria

Referee: King~

Cameraman: Pops

MVP: Maria (for taking on team NEOH alone)

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm in the process of uploading videos now. Will post link to video thread when I'm done.

Characters I know:

1. Shugo ($72.00) :metaknight::falco::pit:
2. M@V ($36.00) :metaknight::fox::zelda::falco:
3. Blue Rogue ($12.00) :wario:
4. Pops :metaknight::warioc::yoshi2::random:
5. King Beef :marth::metaknight:
5. Links24 :toonlink::snake:
7. Argent :lucario:
7. Colaya :marth::ike:
9. Solecalibur :wario: :dedede: :wolf:
9. IThrowThings :sonic:
9. Jiffyboob :ness2::warioc:
9. Suyon :pit:
13. Denzi :falco:
13. Tedium
13. Blimp
13. King~ :metaknight:
17. Auspher :wolf:
17. Vudujin
17. JigglyZelda :zelda:
17. Lokii :zerosuitsamus:
17. DJNicholasRage aka Carroll :zerosuitsamus:
17. Rikku :lucario:
17. Aldana
17. Moya

Doubles:

1: Black hair dont care big *** no class ($54.00) (Shugo and M@v) :metaknight:+:metaknight:
2: trolling saruman ($27.00) (Blue Rogue and Suyon) :wario:+:pit:
3: Argent and ITT ($9.00) :lucario::sonic:
4: Kina & Links24095832098523-0982-0985234 :metaknight+:snake::toonlink:
5: Colaya and Jiffy :marth::ike:+:ness2:
5: Dat DACUS (Carroll and Tedium)
7: Auspher and Blimp
7: President Tafts pony brigade (Lokii and Denzi)
9: Phillip Sutter and Jigglyzelda

M@v

Subarashii!
You only put the ones that helped you advance. so if you won a match with one in a set you advanced in, you put that character. If you only use a character in a set you lose in, he.she doesn't appear.

Loki you forgot links24. He got 5th. Could you post the bracket too possibly loki? Or at least send it to me? I like keeping images of all the brackets im in.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
How the heck did i forget Links?! ; A ; HE'S MAH BUDDY

I'm gonna upload the brackets in a bit. Im being pestered to go shopping >__>

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok. ill keep updating my character list post. just copy paste it once we got everyone/almost everyone.

Shoutouts in a bit. Almost done with vids. There's a lot of them (around 30)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Melee doubles round Robbin
1st seahorses-4EVER (Taki & Carroll)
2nd shine legend (silentSWAG & Syick)
3rd team missfire! (Vudujin & a Lvl9 luigi!!!!!!)
4th ITT & Blue Rouge
5th team team (dr. Stienbock & links24)

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Carroll, thanks for confirmation on it. I was just making sure

Oh, I need to play your ZSS when I get to Pittsburgh in a not doubles match haha

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Peach next to my name is incorrect. I only used her in one match against Suyon that I lost. Please put :marth: / :metaknight: next to me, thanks.

This tournament was soooo fun, dodgeball was legit, Maria had me scared as hell while chasing me with three balls, Mav got lucky (nah good **** homie, lol), and I'll be looking into securing this awesome venue for events as well with Lokii's help. More detailed shoutouts to come. :)

solecalibur

Smash Master
Peach next to my name is incorrect. I only used her in one match against Suyon that I lost. Please put :marth: / :metaknight: next to me, thanks.

This tournament was soooo fun, dodgeball was legit, Maria had me scared as hell while chasing me with three balls, Mav got lucky (nah good **** homie, lol), and I'll be looking into securing this awesome venue for events as well with Lokii's help. More detailed shoutouts to come. :)

Did you go to the TYM I hosted? That venue is still open and legit also (incase the church doesnt want us again 4 what ever reason)

D

Deleted member

@ mav I tried with all those characters no sandbaggin and won with the 1st 3
Told ya Wolf vs. Yoshi is too good. :awesome:

But yeah, my characters are right. I did use Lucas in one match(came close to winning), but didn't advance with him, so just Wolf is good.

I need to get better at this game...

POPS_44

Smash Apprentice
yoshi vs wolf is stupid....

Also, gonna watch a whole bunch of falco videos to learn how to beat that flavor....I can deal with Metaknight but Falco, Arrrrrg

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Good **** with the hosting Lokii. What happened to MvC? Did I win it?
Sleeping for 14 hours after a tourney is cool.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Can I see the brackets?!?!?!?!

Dodgeball was super fun but those balls......impossible to catch unless they were a turkey, (or you were imitating a DDD crouch) :laugh:

Had alot of fun.... probably do shoutouts in a bit :)

solecalibur

Smash Master
Told ya Wolf vs. Yoshi is too good. :awesome:

But yeah, my characters are right. I did use Lucas in one match(came close to winning), but didn't advance with him, so just Wolf is good.

I need to get better at this game...
Ohh I knew b4 u told me but god is it easy, woulda been an easy 2stock without the sd I normally pull.

D

Deleted member

You always SD with a flash-cancel, lol. I mean, it's awesome that you can do it, though.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Good **** on 5th Links!
Links got trolled in real life and in the 2D realm. =\

Also hope you had a good birthday excluding me raging of course. Also Argent, King, Links, and I were present so that probably affected Blue's results.
Shugo best Pit. It's so amazing like King said.
I would have joined Dodgeball if it didn't happen right when KB went MK on me and do those stupid things he can do. I can't stand it anymore and getting very aggrivated against these MKs. Gonna call quits if I can't find a way past them. Can also quit even before that if my controller starts malfunctioning. I just keep giving myself unwanted stress...geeze....wanting to have fun but getting upset/raged because of that guy and ruining it.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
tourney was pretty fun even though melee singles was basicly our two cars from pittsburgh... step it up brawl kids!!! remember your roots!! and ohio melee players...

STEP IT UP

melee:

1. Taki - should have went falco earlier... i blame B.Duzz. hate you. your cerently right next to me rapeing johnys fox. fun fact. lol

1. Vudujin - aka intrusion illusion confusion conclusion fusion pertusion jacob!! you and that level 9 luigi are one of the craziest teams ever. good shiz mahh doooooooo

3: DJNicholasrage (Carroll) - sweet. lol

4: Silent swag - u mad

5: Blue Rouge - dude your ness is freaking legit! up thorow DJC fair regrab is boss. and your a man for always playing melee! your number 1 in my book!

5: dr. Steinbock - power outtage johns.. you hate to see that happen!

7: Jiffyboob - loooooooooool all melee players turn around when i play. your not bad at all though man. goos shiz entering!

7: syick - fox :( your still toooooo legit. that link ***** in teams though! gj on 2nd!

Brawl:

1. Shugo - still beat you UMAD? looooooooooool jk your tha man. although you did get blasted in the face in dodgeball by Dr.Stienbock :teeth:

2. M@V - mahhh dooo!!! good **** winning teams and getting second!! favorite brawl player ever! keep reppin DAT BURGH!!! <3

3. Blue Rogue - wario has like 6 jumps lol DACUS!!!

5. King Beef - looking kinda free in dodgeball ;) play melee next time!!!!!

5. Links24 - good stuff in melee teams and brawl teams you guys ***** us.. lol

7. Argent - happy birthday man! solid pick in dodgeball too

7. Colaya - pittsburgh brawl doing work!

9. Solecalibur - you play alot of characters.. you should play Zero Suit...ONLY! best char ever!

9. IThrowThings - you throw things. good stuff in melee teams! your samus wasnt half bad!

9. Jiffyboob - ***** me in bracket, im bad... lol nice seeing you again! mad chill. CANTON LIGHTNING LOOKING FREE IN DODGEBALL THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Suyon - :metaknight: best character!

13. Denzi - GGs in teams! i guess i stole your partners skin and you got confused.. lol priceless

13. Tedium - mah doo good stuff! had a blast with ya this weekend. keep it up! pittsburgh brawl is looking good! and... CREWWWSSSSSSSSSSS

17. Vudujin - brawl.............LOL

17. Lokii - great tourney girl!!!! had a blast! cant wait till your in the burgh, we'll train up our ZSS's and be an unstopable team!!! and thanks for leting us all finish at your house! post up in the pittsburgh melee thread when your in town and we'll play!!!

17. DJNicholasRage aka Carroll - CAN YOU PLEASE WIN A MATCH!?!?

17. Rikku - your cute:) i was rooting for ya against that sonic player! tight set.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts

First off, I want to say making the trip here was completely worth it. I had so much fun at this tournament; probably in my top 5 for all time favorites. Had potential to be bigger, but I blame that on 10 million other tournaments the same day. Regardless, we still had 24 entrants for singles which is good, and I had a blast.

Also, we had a bigger turnout here than BOTH AZ's tournament and the Michigan tournament! :awesome:

1. Shugo ($72.00) :metaknight::falco::pit:-Completely and utterly bodied me(and everyone else;you didn't drop a single game!). I meatrode the hell out of you at cot5, and now I see it was for good reason. Teach me your ways! Good job in teams, we did some serious work.

2. M@V ($36.00) :metaknight::fox::zelda::falco:- Yay me. Shugo showed me the hard way that I got a long way to go still, so I got to keep at it!

3. Blue Rogue ($12.00) :wario:-I learned from my mistakes vs you at /hope3. Good set as always; looking forward to the next set we play....which will probably be at the next tourney we are both at like it usually is. Try to make APEX!

4. Pops :metaknight::warioc::yoshi2::random:- I don't think I've even seen Ally go so many different characters in bracket....

5. King Beef :marth::metaknight:- I saw that :pikachu: at /hope3, so I knew exactly what was coming when you called for the double blind. Good set nonetheless bro. I can't say I disagree with you leaning away from Peach....but I wouldn't drop her completely. She's a good secondary/pocket character. Plus you already have so much practice with her.

5. Links24 :toonlink::snake:- Good to see you again. Last time I saw you was /Hope2.

7. Argent :lucario:- Happy Birthday!

7. Colaya :marth::ike:- Good stuff beating Argent. I didn't watch your set vs KB, but I heard he went mk :3.

9. Solecalibur :wario: :dedede: :wolf: - gj on top 10.

9. IThrowThings :sonic:-My man! I haven't seen you in forever! For not playing at all you definitely still got it. Wish you could come to tourneys more :(

9. Jiffyboob :ness2::warioc:- I practice on stadium 2 :D

9. Suyon :pit: Good matches in teams.

13. Denzi :falco: -hi

13. Tedium-hi

13. Blimp-hi

13. King~ :metaknight:-ggs in teams

17. Auspher :wolf:- keep at it you'll get better!

17. Vudujin- Shoutout to this man and his piano skills that I never knew about. If this was a piano competition he probably would of 4 stocked everyone in the building.

17. JigglyZelda :zelda:- I went zelda :D

17. Lokii :zerosuitsamus: - Great job running the tourney! Don't worry about the power going out; it was an uncontrollable circumstance that you handles extremely well.

17. DJNicholasRage aka Carroll :zerosuitsamus:- DACUSSSSSSSSSS

17. Rikku :lucario:- Hi

17. Aldana - hi

17. Moya - hi

Taki- "Man, its like they have moves coming out their *** or something." LOLLL. Good stuff in melee, and hope you're feeling better. Also, I want to see you go to a tournament that a brawl player named Junebug is also at. It just hit me this weekend you look pretty similar to him, and I'd want to see how many people would mistake you for him :troll:

Pittsburgh Melee- Why do I ever go to tourneys without you guys? HYPE MATCH.

Shoutout to dodge ball. Team Pittsburgh went in.

Any one I missed: Fun tourney eh? If I remember more I'll add them.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Funnest tourney I've been to in a while. Felt bad that more people didn't show up; it was a really nice venue. D: Hopefully it isnt a deterrent from holding future tournaments. But anyway.... SHOUTOUTS!

1. Shugo - "I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU OFFSTAGE!!!!" *continuously Dolphin Slashes to ledge*

2. M@V - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uf9rsBbhc&t=2m2s

3. Blue Rogue -Fun matches. Keep on stylin'.

5. King Beef - Felt like I could've played better in our set, but oh well. You know how I felt when you went Marth against M@v's MK in your next set. :p

7. Argent - REALLY close matches. I had the shakes afterward, lol. The match could've gone either way at the end there, so I hope you don't feel bad about losing. D: Hopefully we get to face eachother again sometime. Oh and happy birthday, again.

7. Colaya - Not entirely disappointed in how you played at this tournament for once.

9. IThrowThings - Nice seeing you again.

9. Jiffyboob - We did some work in teams. had fun playing with you.

9. Suyon - "SHOUTOUT TO META-****IN'-KNIGHT!" XD But seriously though, I totally feel your pain.

17. Vudujin - Your piano skills are awesome, lol. My favorite part was when the power went out and you started playing the theme to Luigi's Mansion.

17. Djnicholasrage Aka Carroll Utters Swearwords (D.A.C.U.S.)

17. Lokii - Nice going with the dodgeball idea, it was fun and it really was convenient since the power went out. I won't be around in Pittsburgh much during the fall/spring semester, but this is my last year at college. If you're still around next year though, I only live a few miles away from the art institute, so I would probably be a lot more available to play then if you wanted. Anyway, thanks for the tournament.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Good seein everyone again, you guys shoulda came out to Dave & Buster's we had a ton of fun.

FlipX

Smash Ace
3rd BlueRogue... really man? I have to say, Im a liiiiiiiiiiiiitle disappointed in you. King must not have been **** talkin you enough, so its not all your fault.

Top Bottom