• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase X-3 - Dallas, TX - MK Banned

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306662

Singles (19)

1: UTDZac ($152.00) - G&W / Kirby
2: Denti ($38.00) - Olimar
3: Bassem - Wario
4: DMG - Wario
5: Infinity - Pikachu / G&W
5: D4ba - Snake / Falco
7: Batou - ROB / Captain Falcon
7: Allied - ROB
9: Teh Brettster - Ike
9: Light
9: RSN
9: Dphat - Not MK
13: Kbot
13: Chikyuu
13: Nsc
13: Gucci
17: MrBlueSky
17: Xeven
17: Oukashi

Theme Teams (9)

1: UTDZac + Dphat ($72.00)
2: Bassem + D4ba ($18.00)
3: Infinity + Denti
4: Light + Allied
5: Ice + Teh Brettster
5: Batou + DMG
7: RSN + Nate
7: KBot & Gucci (White Power)
9: MrBlueSky + Lucario

Theme Teams:
This is a Brawl Doubles event with one special rule: Teams must be composed of characters that are part of the same Nintendo series (ie. Mario and Yoshi, DK and Diddy). You cannot use double character teams (ie. Wario & Wario).
  • Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario
  • Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
  • Zelda Series: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link
  • Metroid Series: Samus, Zero Suit Samus
  • Kirby Series: Kirby, King Dedede
  • Starfox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf
  • Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff
  • Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Ike
  • Earthbound Series: Ness, Lucas
  • Old School Series: G&W, ROB
  • Old School Series 2: Pit, Ice Climbers
  • Manly Series: Snake, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Solimar (no pikmin)
  • Olympic Series: Mario, Sonic
  • Villains: Ganondorf, Bowser, King Dedede, Wolf, Wario
  • Big Noses: Yoshi, Olimar, G&W, Mario, Luigi
  • Transformers: Sheik/Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Samus
  • We got capes: Mario, Ganondorf, Marth, Ike
  • Jumpmen: Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Kirby, Dedede, Jigglypuff
  • Main Protagonists: Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Kirby, Ness, Pikachu, Marth
  • Single Ladies: Peach, Samus, ZZS, Zelda, Jigglypuff
  • Blondes: ZSS, Toon Link, Link, Peach, Lucas

M@v

Subarashii!
Allied going in with that chibo status.

Also why were there so many tournaments this weekend? There were at LEAST 5, probably closer to 7 or 8.

Trela

Smash Lord
Is there a reason for the 80-20 payouts?

Like seeing Zac with nearly 160 and denti with nearly 40 just looks bad

-Gnes

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
My old tourney thread had calculated payouts (such that lowest payed player got at least their money back, double for singles). The cutoff for 60/30/10 was 20 people. This tourney had 19 people. I realized this issue before I played out my set with Denti, and asked if he wanted to change the split (cause it was 80/20).

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I only used Diddy for one game. Seriously, I played more games as Random than I did as Diddy at this tournament, lol. I played mostly Pikachu and some Game and Watch.

Trela

Smash Lord
Dang well if denti was greedy and wanted all the money for himself oh well
80/20 seems like a horrible payout. At least 70/30 if you don't want to payout third :(

-Gnes

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I only used Diddy for one game. Seriously, I played more games as Random than I did as Diddy at this tournament, lol. I played mostly Pikachu and some Game and Watch.
My bad

Dang well if denti was greedy and wanted all the money for himself oh well
80/20 seems like a horrible payout. At least 70/30 if you don't want to payout third :(

-Gnes
Yes, I'm changing that for future tournaments. If I forget, just quote this.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
ALLied got 7TH?! stay classy Texas lol but on the low, good **** allied kicking up XD, mah denti got greedy thinking olimar got this, nice leap of faith attempt XD, i would've probably tried something like that, respect + 1, zac still plays? motclair HYPE!

:phone:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
MK banned tournaments are just way more fun and less salty as well.

I've had a lot of laughs and I placed well in singles and doubles.

Brett just had the crappiest luck that day.
I am glad you laughed as much as I did man, it's always fun to play doubles in friendlies with you.
Random stuff always happens.

Btw DMG doubles with you is f*cking amazing :D
I'm looking forward to seeing you at Apex.

1: UTDZac ($152.00) - G&W / Kirby - Your tournament was amazing man. The layout has greatly improved, I like it in the way you set it up. You always do so well, and I always have fun at your tournaments. Super legit.

2: Denti ($38.00) - Olimar - That MU against kirby was...weird as hell. I don't know how that man above you does it. Still, you did a damn good job getting second. You may not know this but I learn alot just by watching you improve, so in turn it's helping me improve too. So thanks for putting in work, I will follow suit right behind you.

3: Bassem - Wario - Thanks for showing up bro! We'll definitely have to hang out against at the OK tournament soon.

4: DMG - Wario - DMG is legit. Always fun to be around...our dubs were pretty entertaining.

5: Infinity - Pikachu / G&W - Infinity you have taught me well during my brawl career, and I hope it's showing :D

9: Teh Brettster - Learn that ROB MU. You'll see how gay it can really be for Ike. Still, I had a TON of fun hanging with you as usual. Next time you have a smashfest i'll def. try to show up again.

9: Dphat - It was great seeing you bro. We need to hang out more, but it's more my fault cus i live so far x.x

13: Kbot
13: Gucci - I'm glad both of you guys made it :D Be sure to show up to my monthly in two weeks so we can make my line of tournaments bigger and better.

17: MrBlueSky - I don't care, it's always fun to play you man. I'm glad you had fun.

17: Xeven - Better luck next time. I've had this happen to me before a lot, but depending on how we learn from our defeat is how far we'll go along as a better competitor in brawl.

Allied

Smash Master
Shoutouts to me sandbagging Dphat and still ****** him

shoutouts to me giving brett a free win cuz hes my mAnZ

shoutouts to infinity for letting me know where the ice cold water is

Shoutouts to DMG for being ugly as **** and beautiful at the same time

shoutouts to light for being the best

shoutouts to ICE for still getting out placed by me and light cuz hes a free *** *****

shoutouts to dphats house

shoutouts to boges

shoutouts to dungeons and dragons

shoutouts to ugly people

Dojo

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't feel it's ever as legit when you split. Sure you may be trying really hard, but I always feel I put so much more into it when you throw something more on the line.

It's like almost the difference between a tryhard friendly and a $50 money match. Sure in the friendly you tryhard, give it your all etc. I know I'd time your *** out every match in the MM though. ;)

Just my 2 cents. That was always my big thing with splitting.

Gnes

Smash Master
Honestly I don't feel it's ever as legit when you split. Sure you may be trying really hard, but I always feel I put so much more into it when you throw something more on the line.

It's like almost the difference between a tryhard friendly and a $50 money match. Sure in the friendly you tryhard, give it your all etc. I know I'd time your *** out every match in the MM though. ;)

Just my 2 cents. That was always my big thing with splitting.
That's where we differ. Ill time you out if u ask me to... No money needed. But I realize were all different. To each his own :). Regardless, denti got *****.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We don't like money?

Ok Trela, give me all the money you have won in Brawl.

**** "We don't like money" lmfao

Top Bottom