• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 3.5 Results - 7/30, San Antonio, Tx

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meta Knight was banned at this tournament.

Singles:

1. Zero (Sonic) $42.00
2. JustinKamikaze (Snake, Olimar, Marth, King Dedede) $21
3. Suspect (Marth, Diddy Kong) $7
4. JUJ (King Dedede, Kirby)
5. Kyro (Ness)
5. RedShadow (Wario)
7. Mikey (Falco)
7. Turbo (Sonic, King Dedede)
9. Tofer (Olimar)
9. *** (Diddy Kong)
9. Niddo (Ike)
9. Helix King (Ike)
13. DV8 (Fox)
13. BaseTonic (Fox)

Bracket tomorrow.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Redshadow lost to JustinKamikaze twice. He didn't play anybody else who placed top4. I'm sorry that happened Redshadow, cuz I know you could've had a chance to place higher. You were one of the few byes left in the bracket, and he showed up late. Had to put him somewhere :(

I hope everybody enjoyed this event <3

Suspect

Smash Hero
Stop letting Sonic win in this city.

Suspect: play gayer
Easier said than done :urg:

I did time juj out tho with diddy, last nikefest I went to I timed out turbo with diddy also :cool:

1. Zero (Sonic) $42.00 - good job, besides the rainbow cruise match, our set was actually pretty fun/interesting.
2. JustinKamikaze (Snake, Olimar, Marth, King Dedede) $21 -zero gave you the dangalang, I would of beat you if you didnt bust out olimar :p....i hate olimar :(
3. Suspect (Marth, Diddy Kong) $7- learn to play gayer
4. JUJ (King Dedede, Kirby)- thought you were taking my pr spot? :troll:
5. Kyro (Ness) -good job getting fifth with ness
5. RedShadow (Wario)- friendlies next time...WE ALWAYS FRIENDLY WTF
7. Turbo (Sonic, King Dedede) - work on d3 more, you are getting pretty good with him
9. Tofer (Olimar)- good job taking a match from zero, should of stayed olimar
9. *** (Diddy Kong)- ggs
9. Niddo (Ike)- :o
9. Helix King (Ike)- :o you're part black
13. DV8 (Fox)- friendlies next time
13. BaseTonic (Fox)- idk

Sorry I let you down in WFs nike :/...but you thought redshadow was gonna win the tournament anyways, no faith!

Zero for 9th pr
me for 10th pr

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll send a tio file to you as soon as possible.
However, Nike, you made a HUGE mistake on the brackets. According to tio, you ran loser's bracket completely wrong. I can't complete the tournament bracket in the file unless I completely lie about who won whatever matches that didn't even happen.

Suspect

Smash Hero
different sonic....way different lol

none of the good people entered, it was a scrub only tourny and mk banned...which made mk mains scrubs also so yea

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll send a tio file to you as soon as possible.
However, Nike, you made a HUGE mistake on the brackets. According to tio, you ran loser's bracket completely wrong. I can't complete the tournament bracket in the file unless I completely lie about who won whatever matches that didn't even happen.
It was a 14 person tourney on a 32 man bracket (couldn't use tio). Every player had a bye first round and then 2 players had a bye second round. I was hoping that it would transfer into tio fine :(

What happened that I screwed up on? I'm pretty sure every round on the sheet happened.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if you guys can tell me 1st round wins(in winners), first round losses(in losers) and any other matches you remember.... i can prob make the bracket.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was a 14 person tourney on a 32 man bracket (couldn't use tio). Every player had a bye first round and then 2 players had a bye second round. I was hoping that it would transfer into tio fine :(

What happened that I screwed up on? I'm pretty sure every round on the sheet happened.
You misplaced everyone by using the 32-Man bracket format instead of the 16, and where they were supposed to go after losing their first games in Winner's Bracket.

First round of losers (the first round where players didn't have byes) on paper was:

-Tofer vs. DV8
-RedShadow vs. BaseTonic
-Helix King had a BYE
-Niddo had a BYE

However, the problem is what TIO says what was supposed to happen next:

The matches left unfinished don't happen on paper. Instead of what TIO says, you ended up doing:

-Tofer vs. Turbo
-RedShadow vs. ***
-Helix King vs. Mikey
-Niddo vs. Kyro

None of those matches, according to the TIO, shouldn't have happened.

Basically, winner's bracket had no problem, but when tossing them into a 16 man bracket (which SHOULD'VE happened. Don't know why you decided on 32), everything gets botched up.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Are you saying that I labeled A,B,C,D in the wrong order? It looks like I swapped C&D and A&B on the paper version.

****ttttt :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, that's pretty much what you did wrong.
That's a problem of course, but I wouldn't know how to work around this in order to have it count for the Texas PR.

Xyro77

guys. i need everybody(as many of u as possible) to tell me who you won/lost to IN ORDER.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Is Zero Espy? Or is that a different Sonic?
I'm Zero, and yes, as Suspect said, Espy is very different. XD
He's a much better Sonic/Player.

If Espy had been allowed to join this he'd have 2-0'd and 3-0'd everyone he played.
The only person I managed to 2-0 and 3-0 was JustinKamakaze, and that was probably only because matchup inexperience since he couldn't use MK.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have the bracket, Xyro.

The Winner's bracket in the image I posted is spot on in terms of who won or lost, so you're good there. I'll break down the loser's bracket for you below:

1st Round Losers:
- Tofer, DV8, RedShadow, BaseTonic, Helix, and Niddo all get byes.

2nd Round Losers:
- Tofer vs. DV8 - Tofer Wins
- RedShadow vs. BaseTonic - RedShadow Wins
- Helix King gets a bye
- Niddo gets a bye

3rd Round Losers:
- Tofer vs. Turbo - Turbo Wins
- RedShadow vs. *** - RedShadow Wins
- Helix King vs. Mikey - Mikey Wins
- Niddo vs. Kyro - Kyro Wins

4th Round Losers:
- Turbo vs. RedShadow - RedShadow Wins
- Mikey vs. Kyro - Kyro Wins

5th Round Losers:
- RedShadow vs. JustinKamikaze - JustinKamikaze Wins
- Kyro vs. JUJ - JUJ Wins

6th Round Losers:
- JustinKamikaze vs. JUJ - JustinKamikaze Wins

7th Round Losers:
- JustinKamikaze vs. Suspect - JustinKamikaze Wins

Grand Finals 1st Set:
- JustinKamikaze vs. Zero - Zero Wins

Hope that's all the info you needed, Xyro.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
who gives a **** :awesome:
:laugh:hahaha

1. Zero (Sonic) $42.00 - Close but you snagged it man, GGs and congratz
2. JustinKamikaze (Snake, Olimar, Marth, King Dedede) $21 - SCOOPS, cool friendlies.
3. Suspect (Marth, Diddy Kong) $7 - See i didn't time anyone out:awesome:, Glad you have a main now.
4. JUJ (King Dedede, Kirby) - Good **** dude, our set was pretty intense. GGs
5. Kyro (Ness) - One day my bat is the bat that will pierce the heavens!:glasses:
5. RedShadow (Wario) - WA-WA-WA
7. Mikey (Falco) - GGs man, No hard feelings :(
7. Turbo (Sonic, King Dedede) - D3? What happened to the fastest Gannon.
9. Tofer (Olimar) - "I believe in you"
9. *** (Diddy Kong) - "Asp, like a snake?"
9. Niddo (Ike) - Good Games Jesus
9. Helix King (Ike) - Keep on keepen on man you have a journey ahead of you.
13. DV8 (Fox) - Your Fox is pretty cool, keep it up. GGs
13. BaseTonic (Fox) - Jacked your star in Mario Party 2 :rotfl:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Dude, for real, that was extremely messed up on your part. I payed $18 for your meal alone because you felt like getting a few cheese sticks. I should've told you to pay for them yourself.

Was not cool.

Xyro77

i used the winner bracket image to create the bracket AND finished the winner bracket on tio. but after 1st round of losers, nothing matches. espy, what program are you using?

edit: i had to move people around in loser bracket but i got it. ugh. i can finally update the tx pr now

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Super late shoutouts guys, but anyway here goes! XD

!. Zero - Don't let it get to your head, you've still got lots of improvements to make, but for now, good job.

2. JustinKamikaze - You're a really good player, and a cool dude, It was a ton of fun playing against you in tourney :) Though to be perfectly honest, I think I'd have loved the opportunity to play your MetaKnight

3. Suspect - good **** making it into top 3 Suspect, can't say I expected any less from you though :) you're a good player, and I found our matches to be hella fun (except for the one on RC)

4. JUJ - the one friendly we did play was enjoyable, let's play again sometime, and good job placing 4th, hopefully you can start showing up to more tournies again soon :)

5. Kyro - Our tourney set was sooooo close XD I was crazy scared haha, especially after I missed my chance to gimp you on your last stock, honestly I feel like I might've gotten a bit lucky with the win. You've really gotten alot better, I'm also proud that you now have the will/desire to go full Ness in tourney. Not that I dislike your ROB, but it's just not the same.

5. RedShadow - thanks for the friendlies bro, they were hella fun, I feel if anyone had the best shot at beating me in a set during tourney it was probably you, fortunately *for me* I didn't have to play you in tourney. Though I'm sure I would've enjoyed it all the same, you're a really good player and you've got a pretty sweet Wario. Keep up the good work.

7. Turbo - Thanks for cheering me on bro, it really helped my morale :) also, don't let this one get ya down, I'm sure if you train hard you'll do well next time ;) I hope to see your Sonic around more often.

9. Tofer - It was really fun playing against you in tourney Tofer, still not forgetting that lava footstool you got on me on brinstar, it was too good. Your Lucario could use some work, but then again, you don't main him. Still, it was nice to see you using your Olimar again :) I'm sure you'll just keep getting better and better.

9. Niddo - I didn't get to play you, but at any rate, Nike was right to say "our lord and savior has arrived". To say the least I was amused. Also, it's nice to see another Ike in our city, I'm sure you and Helix can help eachother out in the near future, I hope to see you at more tournies, and hopefully I'll get to play you next time. :)

9. Helix King - Thanks for having faith in me :) and also, try to ease up on the Nikers a bit if you end up having him pay for your dinner again lol, although it *was* partially his fault for betting against me, not that I could blame him. haha

13. DV8 - Didn't get to play you, but I do hope to see you at future tournies, and hopefully next time we can at least play some friendlies. XD

13. Base - I'm still... just Saiyan. Also, glad to hear you're going to be going all Falco, the only other Falco *main* we have in SA is CBF, and he's inactive. Hopefully, I'll get to play some friendlies with you next time. :)

Other Random Shoutouts:

Big Boss - Thanks for cheerin' me on Bro! :) also, friendlies next time there's a smashfest/tourney? Now that JRUGS lives in Houston, you'll most likely be my only Snake practice in SA. (unless of course the 2 inactive ones become active again, or if Megafox uses his against me in friendlies/tourney) Also, did KoN mention that the replays I copied de-synced on my wii?

KoN - Thanks for cheerin' me on Bro! :) also, friendlies next time there's a smashfest/tourney? I still wanna get that MK practice.

Nike - Thanks for hosting such an awesome tourney, it was hella fun, also, that 2-day Housing was broken, and I appreciate(d) it greatly. Sorry I had to make ya lose your bets like that. :) Also, thanks for the critiques you gave me the day before tourney, I feel like they really helped in tourney.

Espy - Thanks for the advice on those matchups bro, it's way past cool that I have you around to play against and critique me. (and of course hangin' w/ you is pretty fun too of course, just as is with the rest of SA)

@ Bio - Thanks! and thanks for rootin me on from all the way back in Houston! :)

BioDG

Smash Ace
No problem, Zero. :]

Espy - Thanks for the advice on those matchups bro, it's way past cool that I have you around to play against and critique me. (and of course hangin' w/ you is pretty fun too of course, just as is with the rest of SA)
Oh, you Sonic mains...

Top Bottom