• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frio Alphicans Technique Spots (FAT Spots): A New GaW+Pikachu Technique!

Frio

Smash Champion
FRIO ALPHICANS TECHNIQUE SPOTS (FAT SPOTS)

INTRO​

My partner Alphicans I have discovered a new technique. We are able to fully charge GaW's bucket with just one thunder on almost every stage in multiple locations. We decided to call this technique FAT spots. Despite the humorous name, this technique is actually really amazing, and will make your pika/gaw team much more effective!

First off we'd like to recognize the Japanese brawl players who first formed the basic idea for this technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNjZ5QQ6bA&feature=channel_video_title (As seen in this video). Now if you actually try to attempt this exactly as shown, you'll find it impossibly hard to space. After pretty much dumb luck, we have found that spacing this vertically, and not horizontally makes getting the full (onehitKO) bucket VERY easy.

The technique is rather simple itself. You are trying to catch the lightening balls that appear underneath Pikachu while he thunders (demo picture will go here). This is rather difficult if you try doing it horizontally as the Japanese did. Therefore, Alphicans and I have discovered easy to use vertical positions on almost every stage. This is best done by having Pikachu on a platform above GaW. It’s simple and has almost no risk since the thunder cannot harm the GaW below Pikachu and both characters have invincibility frames. It’s also a very fast and deadly charge for the bucket.

EXAMPLE

Until we make the video, I'll explain a very useful example of this technique. We have found that battlefield offers probably the best set-up of all the neutrals, and spacing it so you get all three bucket components is simple. Have pikachu on the top platform and roll to either edge, then have GaW on one of the other two platforms, and have him roll to/get as close to the edge (closest to pikachu) as possible, and have the two characters facing away from eachother. Pika will do thunder, GaW will bucket, and if done correctly you will now have a full bucket. Of course if you practice this enough, rolling won't be required, and lots of time will be saved (****ty GaW roll :/).

We are able to perform this technique on the stages listed here* (Some in more than one place): Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pokémon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, and Brinstar.

*It can be done on many more stages but these are the most easy and realistic stages it can be accomplished on.

For convenience sake we have pictures of each stage and where you can perform the technique below: *WILL ADD THESE SOON*

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Looks good so far. :)

Also, lol @our similar sigs Frio. Upgrade your running Pika to a bigger size! =X

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
It's a good technique but the bad part is that I don't have G&W partner. D:

I will be waiting for your video.

Can anybody help me with my profile image? I uploaded it but it doesn't appear.

Frio

Smash Champion
I should have the vid and stuff up around sunday. And smaller pikachus=waaaaay cooler

Frio

Smash Champion
Nah, we just always wanted to name something FAT

it was originally Frio alphicans tournament but it fell through =/

Frio

Smash Champion
It almost seems too easy to be true.
Thanks for the video guys.
It is pretty easy and we think it makes GaW+Pika one of the strongest teams. Alphicans and I are going to a tourney this saturday so we'll post some of our doubles matches.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah well I don't give a **** what double MK says, if you have a team that can set up a ohko in like 5 seconds, it's a good team. :awesome:
Can't wait to see how well this sets up in a team.

I need Since to pick up GW for this stuff.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Since nobody even asked the question...

Does this guarantee an OHKO? I'm guessing it does, I'm just curious.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
oh hell yes. any combination of pikachus projectiles into game and watches bucket is a one shot, except maybe three grounded tshocks going into it, and that may be like a ten percent KO.

Cassio

Smash Master
Works with Lucas too. 3+ absorptions recovers about 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7emHQ7nlw

I wonder if itd work with ness. Sort of a tanget but Z and Fow split for first at the last socal regional going ness/pika, beating Mike and Tyrant and sitting in WF when the tournament had to end.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ness/Pika is worse for healing than Lucas/Pika. Lucas's magnet has more range on it (vertical and horizontal) and he also heals more. Ness heals, I think, 1.6x the damage while Lucas heals like 2.4x or 2.8x

Top Bottom