• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] The Iron Brawl II

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

Presented by
The Alabama Smash League

November 12, 2011
With hosts: The University of Alabama Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

Venue: Riverside Community Center

Address:
706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

That address may not be on google maps or mapquest for some reason, so here is the address to a building right near it.

Rose Towers
140 Hackberry Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

For those that are coming from out of town, this map might help. The address is listed in the event info for Google Maps purposes, but really all you need to do is go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places. On weekends, you won't get ticketed unless you park in a spot that isn't a real parking spot (like in the grass), or in a handicapped spot. Also avoid faculty (green) spots, i'm not sure if they ticket you for parking there, but to be on the safe side, try to avoid them. Use the map to find the building
Events:
TIMELINE:
10:00am : Smash 64
12:00pm : Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm : Melee Singles
3:00 pm : Brawl Singles
8:00 pm : CREW BATTLES
Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles:
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.

Meta Knight is banned.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $150
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Melee Singles:
Price: FREE
Ruleset:• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Other Events (Time Pending):
Information Coming Soon!

Events will include:

Smash 64 Singles
UA vs AU Crew Battle

And more (time permitting)!

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:

• Venue Fee:
    FREE for active ASL members
    $10 for everyone else
  • Brawl Singles:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Pizza:
    FREE for active ASL members(That registered before the season)
    $1 a slice for everyone else
  • T-Shirts:
    $10

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

Presented by
The Alabama Smash League

November 12, 2011
With hosts: The University of Alabama Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

Venue: Riverside Community Center

Address:
706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

That address may not be on google maps or mapquest for some reason, so here is the address to a building right near it.

Rose Towers
140 Hackberry Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

For those that are coming from out of town, this map might help. The address is listed in the event info for Google Maps purposes, but really all you need to do is go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places. On weekends, you won't get ticketed unless you park in a spot that isn't a real parking spot (like in the grass), or in a handicapped spot. Also avoid faculty (green) spots, i'm not sure if they ticket you for parking there, but to be on the safe side, try to avoid them. Use the map to find the building
Events:
TIMELINE:
10:00am : Smash 64
12:00pm : Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm : Melee Singles
3:00 pm : Brawl Singles
8:00 pm : CREW BATTLES
Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles:
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.

Meta Knight is banned.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $150
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Melee Singles:
Price: FREE
Ruleset:• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Other Events (Time Pending):
Information Coming Soon!

Events will include:

Smash 64 Singles
UA vs AU Crew Battle

And more (time permitting)!

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:

• Venue Fee:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Brawl Singles:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Pizza:
    FREE for active ASL members(That registered before the season)
    $1 a slice for everyone else
  • T-Shirts:
    $10

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Any word on Doubles?

Also, we should emphasize that any extra money would be going to the pot.

Regardless, I'm interested. I'd bring a full set-up if I can.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If there will be 64, Moogle will have to know about this.

I'll be at this one as well, and try to bring my brother (no promises on him going though)

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
Definitely want to come again. Mobile is serious about some 64.
Speaking of which, Ryker who were the two 64 players that won the Resist 3 64 tourney? I've been wanting to get them online to get some more matches. And weren't you going to do some project64k?

:phone:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ima try in make it to this. I didn't know it was so close. I'll see what i can do. Ima talk to saint and see can he can make it.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I should be coming. Saint can't make it though. Ima see can we get a car load or 2.

Yall seriously need to have brawl teams at this tourney.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm pretty sure I have a car from GA confirmed right now. It'll be DRN, Micaelis, Player-1, 4GOD, and Flea in the car.

Would anyone be willing to house the car from GA? It would probably only be for Friday night but when I know the details I'll post again. We'd really appreciate it since the tournament is about 4 hours away for our driver and it would be really helpful.

I'm still willing to MM anyone and everyone with any of my chars for whatever amount <=$5 If you had a MM with me and we didn't get to do it because of time/lazy on my behalf then we can carry it over to this tournament now if you're still interested.

I just wanted to ask if we could start Brawl Doubles before Singles and do it earlier than 4 pm? Even if we have less of a time constraint, I think it should start by at least 2 pm if not 12-1 pm. But, it's your show so do it how you think is best.

We also should have a Crew Battle... preferably 5v5 if we can, of GA vs AL. We have plenty of time to do it during Melee Singles if you guys want.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I have a car from GA confirmed right now. It'll be DRN, Micaelis, Player-1, 4GOD, and Flea in the car.

Would anyone be willing to house the car from GA? It would probably only be for Friday night but when I know the details I'll post again. We'd really appreciate it since the tournament is about 4 hours away for our driver and it would be really helpful.

I'm still willing to MM anyone and everyone with any of my chars for whatever amount <=$5 If you had a MM with me and we didn't get to do it because of time/lazy on my behalf then we can carry it over to this tournament now if you're still interested.

I just wanted to ask if we could start Brawl Doubles before Singles and do it earlier than 4 pm? Even if we have less of a time constraint, I think it should start by at least 2 pm if not 12-1 pm. But, it's your show so do it how you think is best.

We also should have a Crew Battle... preferably 5v5 if we can, of GA vs AL. We have plenty of time to do it during Melee Singles if you guys want.
Well, AU vs Tuscaloosa is already happening.

Also, the reason AUSOM 4 didn't finish was two-fold:

1) The venue closed early.
2) Melee pools happened.

We tried Melee pools, but we may have to stop having it if there is not enough interest for it or time to finish Brawl singles.

I just want you to know, we aren't oblivious to the fact that AUSOM 4 went over or that teams interfered with singles. I told you guys before the season started that we would try new things. Some of them have worked very well (food, prices), but other things not so much (schedule). I don't make unilateral decisions for ASL, so I'll talk with the group about changing the schedule to something that makes more sense and gives us enough time to finish all events.

Player-1

Smash Legend
5v5 would just be a slaughterfest, it can be me vs AL though, that seems more fair.

and cam: start events during other events, no reason really not to, saves a bunch of time

*Cam*

Smash Lord
5v5 would just be a slaughterfest, it can be me vs AL though, that seems more fair.

and cam: start events during other events, no reason really not to, saves a bunch of time
We overlapped Brawl Doubles and Brawl Singles at AUSOM 4 and that didn't work well at all.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I meant melee and brawl, and overlapping doubles and singles worked out better than the alternative of having them at separate times.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm not sure if it's necessarily that Teams should go first, but it is very difficult to have to spread setups between two tournaments involving the same game.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I would say I'd wanna go to this one, and I would if it were closer, but it's just as long a drive as the last one in Auburn, and def am not game for a long drive again, especially if it'd end up like last time where I didn't even get out of pools. Count me out.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I would say I'd wanna go to this one, and I would if it were closer, but it's just as long a drive as the last one in Auburn, and def am not game for a long drive again, especially if it'd end up like last time where I didn't even get out of pools. Count me out.
You can catch a ride with me and 2 others. U just have to drive to mobile, and they'll need a little help with gas. You down for that?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Well guess my hopes of getting in the GA car didn't work out lol. Is someone else coming from GA that wouldn't mind some company?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And then Ryker was confirmed. The car from Mobile will be me, Rag, and our two Melee exclusives (Wafe and Mike). We have one more spot, I'll let you know if it fills. I'll be bringing 2-3 TVs.

I dunno. We may need housing, we may not. I need to find out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not sure if it's necessarily that Teams should go first, but it is very difficult to have to spread setups between two tournaments involving the same game.
Involving the same game isn't the issue at all. Involving the same players was the problem and involving the same players when four are needed to play a match was worse. You'll have a similar, albeit probably not as bad, issue if you ran Melee singles alongside Brawl singles.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We all know every tourney don't start on time. Handle stuff that needs to be handle first. PPl was doing mm's when they should have been doing tourney matches. **** don't work that way. You(I'm talking to the one's who did so) should have handle businees then did all that other stuff afterwards. But its up the TO or TO's to regulate choas and turn it into order. Not saying that Ausom was choatic. But that tourney could have been done with 1hr 1/2 time to do whatever. You could have ran melee and brawl teams and the same time. Me, m3t, ryker, reflex, aml, hero, cheap peach and maybe a few others played brawl during the melee singles. After melee was over and teams was in finals you coulda start setting up for Brawl single pools.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Involving the same game isn't the issue at all. Involving the same players was the problem and involving the same players when four are needed to play a match was worse.
Involving the same game ends up being the issue because two tournaments using the same game involve the same people.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
EDIT: Never mind... apparently our ride was mistaken about being able to drive this weekend... I'll try to find another driver but I doubt I can before Friday. Maybe JTMerrell can pick up some GA people again so can have a couple there? I dunno. In case I do get a driver though... I still want an answer to my post if possible. Thanks.

Hey... GA still needs housing. I think Billy offered again which I really appreciate but his place is about an hour and 10 minutes away from the venue for us personally. Is there anyone who is closer that can house us? I don't know if we'll be able to come if we don't have housing and I really want to come :(

There's 5 of us in the car. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Is there really no one in AL that lives off Highway 20 or in Birmingham that is willing to house 5 people from GA just for Friday night? No one at all? If we can't get housing for Friday night, we won't be able to come. That'll make me sad :(

We only need a floor to sleep on and I promise we can be quite if that's a problem. We can't stay with Billy because he's too far out of the way. The driver's preference and other problems prevent us.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Is there really no one in AL that lives off Highway 20 or in Birmingham that is willing to house 5 people from GA just for Friday night? No one at all? If we can't get housing for Friday night, we won't be able to come. That'll make me sad :(
I can house you guys on the condition that you teach me how to play smash.

But I get off work at like 8:00 pm AL time, so try to adjust for that.

Check your PM for my address and phone.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I can house you guys on the condition that you teach me how to play smash.

But I get off work at like 8:00 pm AL time, so try to adjust for that.

Check your PM for my address and phone.
I PM'd you back. Thank you so much! You're a savior. I really appreciate it. I can't stress enough how thankful I am. Thanks!

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Get hyped guys. I have Pokemon Puzzle League this time and I'll be taking money matches!

Also, that Smash stuff.

Top Bottom