• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saint Melee (CANCELLED YO, DON't SHOW UP LOLZ)

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion

Hype Video - GET HYPED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkENkXpOh6Y

SAINT MELEE
August 27th, 2011
St. Marys, Ontario, Canada

Schedule
Venue opens at 10:00 am
Doubles starts at 12:00 pm
Then we play some doubles and later some singles
Then good times ensue
Then venue closes when we finish... hopefully before midnight

Pyramid Recreation Centre (317 James St. S, St. Marys, Ontario)
Here's a picture of St. Marys:

The area we are concerned with is within the red box.
If you are coming to St. Marys from London, you will be coming into town on James St. (up the red arrow)

Here we have the Pyramid Centre in all its glory within the red box
As you're driving up James St. you will see a big pyramid that says Pyramid Centre
That's the parking lot you go in (lol)
Also the cyan smilie face labeled on the map is a subway.

Our room is located in the Friendship Centre
If you enter the front door of the 'Friendship Centre' you make a right turn after you get in the door and walk a couple seconds. There will be a hallway with two rooms on each side, our room is the room on the right.

Hopefully I'll find a better map or something that shows you where exactly the room is, or I'll find some way of giving to better directions to the exact room.

Costs
Venue Fee: $5.00
Melee Singles: $10.00
Melee Doubles: $10.00 (per person)

FOODZ
As I mentioned the cyan smilie face marks subway. It's on James St. real close to the venue and is real easy to find. Plus, errybody likes subway.
It's the official food of the 519
Also, there is a canteen in the Pyramid Centre if your too lazy to go to subway. It has some ballin' good hot dogs and good nacho chips with processed cheese. I'm not guaranteeing the canteen to be open, but it's there and is an option.

You Kidz Here To Make Dolla
Payouts:
1st - 60 %
2nd - 30 %
3rd - 10 %

Yeah.. That's what were thinking right now. If more people than expected are going to come than we will payout to more placings.

Shiz We Need From You
1. TV's
2. CUBES/WIIZ
3. Melee Discs Derp
4. I guess it would be helpfull if someone wanted to bring power bars and ****, we will probably have a couple though anyway
5. I have a recording setup, but hell if you want to bring your own I wont stop you
6. Fighting Spirit
7. 519 Rep

What We Got
Kason - TV/Cube/Wii/Melee/Cordz/Recording
Mogotoo - TV/Cube/Melee
Saux - TV/Cordz/Cube/Wii/Melee
Vyzor - Wii/Melee/Cordz/TV (Maybe)
Spam - TV*2 (possibly *3)/Cube/Melee

So looks like we got 5 full setups so far. Hopefully I'll be able to get my grubby hands on some more.

Contact Info
Kason - 226 448 6883 (text only.. my phone's a tard)
or to get ahold of online just post in this thread I guess.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
reserved and sup and stuff.

I'll post all the rules on the thread tomorrow. but comeon i think you guys know how to play this game.

wobbling is off btw.

Windrose

Smash Lord
SlayerS_Dragon!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm interested in this!

I'll bring a full setup and maybe recording things if my capture card is still alive by then if I show up.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
So I'm only gonna have this if we get 8 people confirmed (lol) and right now I think we do.

So we need to know for sure if Avarice and Windrose are coming, cause with you two and another person coming from london (hes not in the scene reall at all) we will have 8.

Also, since there would only be 8 I would need to raise the venue fee to 10 bucks instead of 5.

So yeah confirm is you guys still want to come to this. And lemme know if your bringing anyone else Avarice.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Damn, so would it be 5$ if it was 9 people?

People might show interest now that the styc quebec tournament is over.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Well....I don't want to come to this if no one else is going =(.....SummonedFist?? bing??

EDIT:

holy crap, you guys are so close to london and lake huron. I was just looking st mary up on google maps. I also accidentally found Sarnia on it!! LOL

How 's the drinking water in st.marys? xD (I recently learned about Sarnia, ON and all the terrible things that's happened to ontario's drinking water in certain regions)....

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
our drinking water is awesome. and yeah we're rediculously close to those things lol. are you gonna be going to the london biweeklies this year?

also, yeah this is deffinately cancelled.. hopefully next summer it will get more attention lol. thanks anyway guys.

Xelyst

-_-
I'd really love to make it out but I don't know yet how my weekend is playing out so I'll let you guys know.

If I don't make it out to this then is your crew up for some games during the week ? Let me know and I'll head down for sure.

edit: kason do you have facebook/msn?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah we'd be down during the week for sure.

msn is rob-gxiv at hotmail but I don't really go on much, I think I saw you on facebook on the ontario smash group so I'll add you

Windrose

Smash Lord
Noooooooooooooo canceled? =( Damn...there goes weeekend plans....I guess I'll go to fan expo =( i was looking forward to coming....

Xelyst

-_-
cool next week ill head over cuz it looks like i wont be able to make it on saturday

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Noooooooooooooo canceled? =( Damn...there goes weeekend plans....I guess I'll go to fan expo =( i was looking forward to coming....
so sorry bro :( we were so close lol, just needed a few more people lol
next summer we'll try again though, or possibly during the school year.

cool next week ill head over cuz it looks like i wont be able to make it on saturday
yeah ok cool message me or something

Windrose

Smash Lord
damn...I guess I'll host my OWN tournament! With black jack! and hookers!!!

Top Bottom