• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care -- FINALE -- Free Pizza!! -- Free Drinks! - *MK Banned*

Arty

Smash Lord
This series is over, thanks for coming guys!!!!

The Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

We will be labeled 1740 on this map
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

The room is full of tables and chairs and the windows all look black from the outside. It's a very spacious and can easily hold 50+

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

Schedule

Saturday -- August 27th, 2011
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
3:30 - Brawl Pools
5:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
6:00 - Brawl Singles Bracket

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - $1 -- Waived if you bring a setup
Doubles - $10 per Person
Singles - $10 per Person

Payouts (Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Doubles >20 teams)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Singles <30 people)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Singles >30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Food

There will be FREE drinks and FREE Pizza at the venue! :starman: :starman:

There's also many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Brawl Rules

- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

-Metaknight is banned at the event. You cannot pick Metaknight in either Singles or Doubles

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Suicide Rule - If a game ends in a suicide move, and the player that performed the suicide move is using Bowser or Ganon, that player wins the match. If the player is using another character than the victor is determined by who has the lowest percentage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

-Important: There will be a Ledge Grab Limit at this Tournament. It is 35. If your match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

Stages

Starters

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshis Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate
Lylat Cruise

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The five neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the 5 neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

TO Contact

Arty -- 773 - 633 - 4391
Zwarm -- 847 - 239 - 0343
Oro -- 630 - 740 - 0270

Parking/Setups

Parking is free and the lot is right outside the SRC building.
BRING SETUPS!

AllisBrawl Listing

Arty

Smash Lord
Hype! Metaknight is banned for this one!

I removed Melee from this since we might get 50+ for Brawl. If it's looking like we'll get less, then I'll add a $5 singles event like last time.

Also there will be a few surprises announced during the coming weeks, so check the thread for what's in store!

Edit: Also depending on time, there will be a side tournament... most likely random doubles with random teammates.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Arty you have made these people use the :( emoticon. The BBR-RC is watching you closely. I have the referee's uniform and everything ready. ;)

:phone:

hunger!

Smash Champion
so with this date, it looks like gorman MIGHT be moving into his dorm then, but we'll see.

Thing is, sago, if that is the case, im ditching you for marshall, simple as that cause it would most likely just be me and him driving down.

nothing's confirmed yet

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah, I have that weekend off too. LET'S DO THIS! My first MK Banned tourney, and more free food!

Arty if you need any help with the $$$ to ease the pain in your wallet just say the word. :D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
We offered him money last time, but he justifies it by saying "I don't even play this game for money, but I keep winning it, so I'm giving back to the community." XD

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
MK banned?

I just might have to finally make an appearance at this tournament:yeahboi:. Hopefully there are no Olimar johns going around now that MK is gone.:dazwa:
EDIT: I seems like I can go to the tournament from what my parents said... free food ftw.

Wafles

Smash Lord
so with this date, it looks like gorman MIGHT be moving into his dorm then, but we'll see.

Thing is, sago, if that is the case, im ditching you for marshall, simple as that cause it would most likely just be me and him driving down.

nothing's confirmed yet
If I take off you could pick me up in Oshkosh maybe.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
MK banned makes me want to skip work and enter this tournament... more so to play on Zwarms awesome K-ON Wii though....

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, guys, you've gotta have a TV with a cable setup for BBC America. Doctor Who is coming back that exact day. xD

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah these tournies are definitely not done.

Kirk/Barnes/Zwarm will be pickin em up

Also come to this Michigan!!

Top Bottom