• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UFB Presents: Philadelphia Monthlies!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
When and Where:
Date: August 20th 2011
Location: My house(644 Meadowbrook Dr, Huntingdon Valley, PA)
Time:
12 - doors open
12-1- Sign Ups
1:15 PM- Doubles Starts
Singles after Doubles
10 PM- Clean up

Prices:
Venue Fee: $3(Free if you bring set up)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

^ if people want to change prices to higher amounts and people agree upon its completely fine.

Rules:
-3 Stocks
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items set to "Off" and "None"
-All infinites are banned besides ICs which are only allowed til 300%
-Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
-There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for every character. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Stage List

Starters:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick :
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Attendence:
1. Xzax
2. Kingtoon

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Might be interested in showing up if I can get situated in school before the weekend.

Blissard

Smash Lord
According to Google Maps, Xzax lives 12 minutes from me by car and half an hour by Septa.

Why did I not know this before? :(

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
DATE CHANGE TO SATURDAY NOT FRIDAY. just a FYI, this tournament might not happen due to things I cannot control, but I will let everyone know by thrusday(if it happens it will be Saturday not Friday)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Good that the date was changed since my gfs birthday celebration is this friday. I'm still interested in coming and teaming with Seph.

Blissard

Smash Lord
OMG I'M MISSING THE CHANCE TO MEET TURAZ IN PERSON

10thousandcries
WAIT WHAT WHY DON'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS!?!?!? I WANNA MEET ONII-CHAN IN PERSON!!!!

9001CRIES

*ahem*
Still think we should do double Samus :awesome:
Whoever gets me in bracket gets a free advance anyway lol.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
WAIT WHAT WHY DON'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS!?!?!? I WANNA MEET ONII-CHAN IN PERSON!!!!

9001CRIES

*ahem*
Still think we should do double Samus :awesome:
Whoever gets me in bracket gets a free advance anyway lol.
NOBODY COME UNLESS I POST SAYING ITS OKAY BECAUSE THIS MIGHT GET CANCELED.

swag

Keitaro

Sounds good.

People probably became uninterested when you said it might not be happening up until the day of. I know I did. Just a heads up.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Well, I was hyped :(

People probably became uninterested when you said it might not be happening up until the day of. I know I did. Just a heads up.
^This also, considering no one knew exactly when you'd announce it. I stayed up pretty late expecting an answer, and only woke up early due to nightmares of getting JV 4-stocked by a Ganon :woman:

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
xzax wtf how are u tryin to host a tourny lik this?

u cant tell people a hour before it starts to come. people need time.

actually this is exactly wat id expect from u

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Even though I don't play anymore, I wouldn't mind hosting every once in a while when I get my own place. So far I've got ~half saved up, so it's getting there. :)

Keitaro

Start looking into them church venues people :D

Seriously. Cheap as hell, parking, and enough space to do regional events.

Top Bottom