• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH 1 - Results Thread Is Up!

What extra Brawl event would you like to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

GAMES: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with Melee (Singles and Doubles) available as a side event.

DATE: September 3rd, 2011

TIME: Venue/Registration Opens at 11:30am; Brawl Doubles Registration ends at 1:00pm; Brawl Singles begins after Brawl Doubles. Melee Doubles Registration ends at 2:00pm; Melee Singles begins after Melee Doubles.

LOCATION: 90 Leonardine Ave, South River, NJ; AKA "The KTAR Venue"

PRICE: $10 Venue; $10 Brawl Singles; $20 Per Team Brawl Doubles; $5 Melee Singles; $10 Per Team Melee Doubles
The venue fee for Melee only entrants is reduced, check the discounts section for more information.

The CLASH series is brought to you in part by:

________

RULES:
Brawl: Unity Ruleset; Click here for more details.
Melee: MBR Official Ruleset; Click here for more details.

PAYOUT:
Brawl Singles: Under 64 entrants: 55/25/10/5/2.5; 64+ entrants: 50/25/12/5/2.5/1.5
Brawl Doubles: Under 24 teams: 60/30/10; 24+ teams: 55/30/10/5
Melee Singles: Under 32 entrants: 60/30/10; 32+ entrants: 55/25/10/5/2.5
Melee Doubles: Under 8 teams: 65/35; 8+ teams: 60/30/10
Payouts will likely be rounded to the nearest dollar or five dollars

SIDE EVENTS:
Melee has been added as a side event. Please read this thread for details on the event. Pokemon is being considered as a side event, but will not be added until I see enough hype/incentive to do so. I will be considering more games to add as side events for future CLASH events.

DISCOUNTS:
I want to bring in as many players as possible to my new CLASH series of tournaments, so at each event I will be offering different types of discounts to make it easier for players to enter at a reduced price. Players may be eligible for only one discount unless otherwise mentioned.
  • All is Brawl Online Ladder Discount: Wifi has brought upon us some of the best professional players we continue to see today. Anti, Ally, ADHD, and many more have a great history playing on Wifi, especially through All is Brawl. AiB is currently hosting a month long "Brawl 'Til Fall" ladder that is going on from August 1st to August 31st. If you have played at least 25 matches on the ladder (wins or losses don't matter) then you will receive $3 off your venue fee for CLASH. You must use your own AiB account and not someone elses. If your AiB account is under a different name than your regular tag, I suggest changing it to avoid confusion. I will be noting down everyone's ladder records on August 31st to use at this tournament. For details on AiB's ladder please visit this page here.
  • Setup Discount: Similar to most tournaments, I will be offering a discount for those who bring setups. If you bring a full Brawl setup (TV + Wii + Brawl), and if you are in the first 12 Brawl setups at the venue, you will receive a $3 voucher. If you bring a full Melee setup (TV + Cube/Wii + Melee), and if you are in the first 6 Melee setups at the venue, you will receive a $2 voucher. Instead of receiving money off at sign up, you instead receive this voucher. You may then redeem this voucher at any time past 7:00pm in exchange for the value on the voucher. This is done to prevent people leaving early with their setups.
  • Melee Only Discount: If you are attending CLASH 1 for Melee only, you will only pay a $5 venue fee instead of the full $10. Melee is a side event compared to the main focus of Brawl at this event, and with fewer setups and entrants, I am offering this reduced fee, though the set up discount for Melee is slightly reduced as well. This discount may be combined with the setup discount.

STREAM:
I will be providing a top notch stream for all our viewers at home who are unable to attend the event. Expect very high quality, multiple stage views featuring the game, player and crowd cameras, logos, and more. Microphones and or headsets will be used for commentators. The entire stream will automatically be recorded and archived for later viewing purposes. Most matches will be uploaded to YouTube shortly after the event. Any sponsor involved with the event will have their logo displayed on the livestream at certain times.

SPONSORS:
The CLASH series is dedicated to bringing in sponsors from all sorts of products to the Smash Bros. community. Starting off we are gathering small sponsors, showing them respect and quality advertisement in return for very little. By doing this, I want to establish key business relationships that will grow as the CLASH series grows on its own. These sponsors may offer little at first, but I hope in the future they can bring great product and cash bonuses, and attract other new sponsors to our community.

Starting off with CLASH 1, Bawls has promised to send one of their 'Bags O' Swag' to be given away. I will choose one random person who entered Brawl Singles at the event to give it away to!​

Jabsy.com is a new social networking service that aims to take the update frenzy in our world and bring in the new aspect of location to all posts. Posts, otherwise known as 'jabs', each have a location tied to it that is automatically retrieved for you, or it can be set custom. Visitors to the site can then search for jabs within a certain mile radius of their location (or a specific location provided), comment on other jabs, and even link to their Facebook account. Jabsy will be on site at CLASH with a laptop set up for people to check out their new website/service, and will be handing out some swag for the attendees!​

I want to thank vVv for all the work they have done in the Brawl community, reaching out to players looking for sponsorship and providing what no one else has done yet for us. I am currently working to see if we can receive any cool giveaways for the event, but regardless everyone is still welcome to check out the community at vVv-Gaming.com.​

The largest Super Smash Bros. community out there, I want to give a big thanks to the staff at Smash World Forums for providing top notch forums and discussions all based around Super Smash Bros. Without their forums it would be impossible to advertise my event to the extent I am able to.​

All is Brawl is the leader in the online community for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, offering a top notch ladder system for players to practice against the entire world of Brawlers at home. To show thanks for bringing us some of the best pros we have today and helping advertise my event, I am offering the discount for dedicated wifi ladder competitors who attend CLASH.​

FOOD:
There are tons of places to eat for lunch and dinner around the event, mostly located on Route 18 near the venue. Within a short drive (around 5 minutes) there are many places to visit such as Wawa, Subway, McDonalds, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Pizza, Baskin-Robbins, Dennys, Baja Fresh, Ihop, and more. The venue will also have their kitchen open selling small foods and drinks to

AiB Link:
Get in on the discussion on both smash sites!
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12461

TESTING GROUNDS:
The Smash community has been vocal in wanting to test out new rules for our game. It will be fun and interesting to search for new potential rules for Brawl to make it a more enjoyable game for players and spectators. While we are far from ready to modify main events with new ideas, I am going to hold what I am calling the Testing Grounds at CLASH tournaments.

As the main singles bracket is coming to an end, I will start the Testing Grounds bracket. Anyone who placed 9th or 13th in Singles may enter this for free. It is not required to enter this bracket, and you may pass your spot to the next person in line (those who placed 17th). This 8 person bracket will be a separate side-event utilizing new rules. It will be a fun way to see the game in a different light, while entertaining well placing players after they are done the main event. These matches will coincide with the top 8 of the singles bracket. Testing Grounds brackets will be either single or double elimination, chosen on the day of the event based on time.

The rules for the Testing Grounds bracket at CLASH 1 will be the following:
  • All sets are best of 3
  • All matches are 2 stocks
  • The time limit for all matches is 5 minutes
  • The LGL is reduced from 35/50 to 20/30 (Meta Knight/All Others)
All other rules will remain the same.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
An easy way to get to the CLASH venue is to get to the NJ Transit train station in New Brunswick, NJ. Many of you will be familiar with this train station traveling here for the KTAR or Apex tournaments. You can get to New Brunswick station directly from Trenton Transit Center, NY Penn Station, and more. Once at New Brunswick, you may be able to get a ride from someone, or if not you can take a bus from here that takes you to less than a mile away from the venue. You can take NJ Transit bus 818 from New Brunswick station (Somerset St and George St) to NJ 18 at Racetrack Rd, which is about a 25 minute travel and drops you off less than a mile away from the venue. You can find the bus schedule for this route here. It is recommended that you bring a map with you or have a GPS/Maps enabled phone with you while traveling to make sure you do not get lost when walking to the venue from the bus stop. Note that returning bus times aren't too late, so you may have to leave the venue around 9-10pm.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
-dead- @ aib

yo if I get first place in this months ladder will I get a good player fund?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if you play 25 or more matches and attend, you'll get $3 off venue. I'm doing what I can to try and attract new players to in person tourneys (and provide incentive to tons of people as well), and this is the first thing I'm doing.

I don't have a good player fund yet, but might in the future. Though I likely won't give it out to ladder winners lol

Won't be here due to this being my first weekend of college, but good luck!
Congrats on college stuff

M@v

Subarashii!
Have to talk to the psu gang, but I'd be game for this. Its Labor day weekend so this wont take my entire weekend up. If we come we will need to figure out housing, cause its kinda far, even from psu. Guarantee you umbra would want melee singles as the side event.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Melee's taking off pretty fast to warrant a side event for it, keep it going

People can vote for multiple things to be added as side events

I'm prepared to add all four of those events, I'm using the poll to gauge interest in it to see if it's worth the effort.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Have to talk to the psu gang, but I'd be game for this. Its Labor day weekend so this wont take my entire weekend up. If we come we will need to figure out housing, cause its kinda far, even from psu. Guarantee you umbra would want melee singles as the side event.
lol voted for it before I saw this ^_^

I'd be hyped for pokemon too, just started on my first B/W team... might not have it completely ready for this though.

LOL @ the aib discount ima get on that ****, should be here if I have the money

-Remix-

Smash Journeyman
I knew this venue location sounded familiar.. lmao.

I was going to start asking away and feel special but then it said "aka; the ktar venue"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to branch off from the Smash series and Pokemon (because it's played on a mobile system) yet, but I will certainly add marvel as a poll option for CLASH 2

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm only considering adding the games that are in the poll for CLASH 1. Future CLASH tournaments will likely have AE, MvC3, and more added to side event polls.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to add Project M really until there is a new public version, it's not fair that people aren't able to practice it before the event when the creators can - and then they enter the events lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm currently looking into staff and equipment for finalizing the addition of Melee. I'll have a final answer by Monday.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You should have a SSF4:3d side event. Have everybody bring their 3ds and spot/street pass too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No PM, Melee though is looking like it will happen. I'll make the official announcement after this weekend.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, he already said his reasoning for not hosting though. He will add more side events for the next one. And PM is only in demo stage right now, there will be plenty of tourneys when the full game is actually released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom