• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco = marth. discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crush

Smash Master
Alright, so y'all prolly know that I'm not a noob, so I came up with this theory, that falco is marth. The embryo of this theory was metaphorically spontaneously generated when I was at the irish mafias house playing melee around a month ago. Irish mafia came up with this theory that peach = marth. My first reaction to it in my head was obviously "cool story bro" but later I realized it had deeper meaning, similar to my posts on smashboards. Mafia said something about that if you're not good at edgeguarding, you'll never be the best player at this game (sorry s2j). He four stocked my falco with his peach one game by abusing his reverse up b to gimp me, and he told everyone that peach = marth.

Now here's where my theory comes in. When falco is edgeguarding he often will tipper his d smash, in a manner similar to marth tipping his down tilt or forward smash ( or even dair). Ever since mango started using d smash a lot at genesis 2, it has become more popular among falcos. Falco can edgeguard just like marth using it, so falco = marth.

Discuss.

:phone:

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I've had some success with Dsmashing to edgeguard, but I always assumed it was 'cause my opponents didn't sweetspot well. Although I suppose punishing bad sweetspots is basically what Marth Dtilt does.

I've been using a lot of down-angled Ftilts to edgeguard. Less dramatic, but gets the job done against a lot of chars. Is there any way to check frame/hitbox data to figure out which one is safer/hits lower/etc.?

EDIT: Just by eyeballing the frame data .gifs, it seems like the Dsmash hits lower than the Ftilt. Also, I suppose the leg invincibility of the Dsmash startup helps. The Dsmash is a lot slower though, if you whiff there's probably time for most characters to Fair from the ledge.

ChefOfDeath

Smash Rookie
I find that because of its short range, it's pretty edge-techable in most situations. I guess if they're going for the ledge and you can't get there fast enough to edgehog. Other than that, you pretty much have to catch them by surprise in my experience.

:phone:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Dude dsmash has such a short range and horrible knockback so ppl cn recovher so easily...plus its teckable. I use usmash toe dgeguard cuase it actuall spike speople if u hit them right.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
guise im not talkin about d smash sorry changed thread title im talking about how falco = marth. new discussion
Well I guess your statement about Falco being equal to Marth in terms of anything is correct and lacks any flaws.

Falco's lasers cover approximately the same range as Marth's sword.

Both Falco and Marth's down-smashes are tippers and cannot be teched or shielded- resulting in instantaneous stock loss.

They both have gay taunts.

Falco wears mascara and Marth wears a tiara making them both homosexual characters to the highest degree.

Falco and Marth are actually the same character if you view life correctly.

BornToPoop92

Smash Rookie
i think i just figured something out.

marth = falco.
falco is a bird.
we all know that birds like pie.
pie = 3.14.
3.14x1.9 is almost 6.
put 2 more 6's in front of that 6 and you have the number of the beast
beast rhymes with priest
priests are friends with all the children
ness is a child.
therefore marth = ness
ness is a top tier character

booshk

Smash Lord
how have i never realized that...
of course ness is top tear..
epiphany

crush

Smash Master
nonononononono you guise have it all wrong. ness is not top tier at all, and he isnt even a child, hes a alien. if anything using ur reasoning young link would be top tier. discuss how we can advance the metagame now that we have the knowledge that marth = falco

crush

Smash Master
alright borntopoop gave me some ideas for a new theory

most marth mains wear the black costume
men in black wear black as well in the movie
men in black has 10 letters in 3 words
10-3=7
7 x the number of words in "men in black" (3) = 21
The movie 21 was released 20 days after brawl, 20 was also the number of characters more than melee brawl was originally going to have
The movie 21 is 123 minutes long 123 in reverse is 321
321 "quit life" is something said in crew battles that was created by players who all mained spacies
The Producer of the movie 21's name was Kevin Spacey

The Spaceys = Marth

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i think i just figured something out.

marth = falco.
falco is a bird.
we all know that birds like pie.
pie = 3.14.
3.14x1.9 is almost 6.
put 2 more 6's in front of that 6 and you have the number of the beast
beast rhymes with priest
priests are friends with all the children
ness is a child.
therefore marth = ness
ness is a top tier character
you lurked for NINE MONTHS and this is is your FIRST POST?!

holy ****

god tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom