• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Net WARZ

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey, thanks everyone for coming out. I want to apologize about all the venue changes and stuff like that, and the debacle with registration at the venue door, but once we got the tourney going I think all went smoothly. It's too bad the other tournies didn't go so hot, but at least we had a good time with ours.

Thanks to Midwestnetwarz.com for getting us such a nice venue and providing so many TVs, free Red Bull and Monster, and Free Pizza. I feel like we'll have all the details worked out next time. Please come out and support our November Event, details to be announced soon :)

Money is tentative totals because I'm not sure exactly what the bonus pots ended up being. Fino knows actual totals and I'll try to get them soon
Brawl Singles ($100 Pot Bonus):

1: MJG ($192.00) :toonlink: :metaknight:
2: Domo ($96.00) :metaknight: :snake:
3: DeLux ($32.00) :popo:
4: Future :popo: :metaknight:
5: Cook
5: Thugz
7: Joker :snake:
7: Fino :olimar:
9: Trent :sonic:
9: Gaki
9: Megarobman
9: Zeton :fox:
13: Bpx :wario:
13: Schizm
13: Wang
13: Peeks
17: Zash
17: Quote
17: GIMB :kirby:
17: Leroy
17: Eggman :yoshi:
17: N_o_m

Brawl Doubles ($100 pot bonus):

1: Kino Das Bang Bang (MJG + BPx) ($156.00)
2: Divine Intervention (Domo + Fino) ($78.00)
3: B Button (Ky + Zeton) ($26.00)
4: Team Iowa (Gaki + Joker)
5: Megatron (Cook + MegaRobMan)
5: Eat it (Eggman + GIMB)
7: Megaman Sucks (Future + N_o_M)
7: Up B!? (Lerory + Wang)

Melee ($50 Bonus Pot):

1: Dark Rain ($98.00)
2: Jace ($24.00)
3: Massive ($8.00)
4: Dmac
5: Megarobman
5: Schizm
7: Trent
7: Gaki

N64:
1: Jace ($31.50)
2: Future ($9.00)
3: Fino ($4.50)
4: Quote
5: Trent
5: Bpx
7: Derp
7: Thugz
9: Eggman
9: Lawz

Brackets will be up later
Personal shoutouts later as well

DeLux

We did random seeding (although NE/IA made like two changes to the bracket in order to account for location since crews were playing first round) for the bracket.
Fino and Zeton played first round. And then Fino played MJG the next round.
So that being said, they got bumped to loser's bracket early.

I actually contemplated saying "screw random seeding" and throwing myself into one of those slots, but everyone pretty much said that random was good so I left it.

DeLux

They'll be up later

They are on my laptop, but I'm at work until 1am so they'll be up tomorrow at some point.

DeLux

I don't understand the surprising for Thugz placing

He is the best Ice Climbers in Nebraska atm and beats me at the ditto

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, if The Reverend Inferno were still playing this game, he'd take 1st place. Wait. What am I saying? If I were there, I'd take 1st. But lucky for you guys that I retired.

BTW, I want to know if there were any SDs. Admit to SD'ing.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't understand the surprising for Thugz placing

He is the best Ice Climbers in Nebraska atm and beats me at the ditto
Thugz got a bye, a 2nd round "forfeit" from Ky*, beat N.O.M., beat Trent, then lost to Kansas. I personally, am not surprised by his placing, given his bracket. He had the easiest bracket available by a landslide, so if he wouldn't have placed that high, I would have been personally disappointed. lol@ Nebraska's best IC's. Anything that isn't the best :wolf: or :sonic: is just a consolation prize.

*MJG is correct, this is where the tournament may have begun to have silly brackets.*

i wont be there for the actual tourney as i work all day but ill be there afterwards for some friendlies. i want to mm you as well rob :o
Oh hells no, I aint gonna MM a Pikachu, that ****s gay as ****ing hell. But we did play 5 matches, you won 3, GG's. Your Pika makes me have some semblance of faith that Pika would be almost mid-tier without CG's.

1: MJG-Good **** in both sides, I wish I would actually get a chance to play against you. Way to **** future's face in late night teams.

2: Domo-I wish I would get to play you too, but you're always in tournament so getting you for friendlies even is tough.

3: DeLux-Good thing you beat Domo in Winners otherwise people would be making a huge deal about how easy your bracket was. Who is this MegaScrubMan you beat?

4: Future-*Falls out of chair*

5: Cook-I'd team with you again, we just gotta remember not to get bombgrabbed at 0%.

5: Thugz-Why I'm pro Abortion.

7: Joker-My god that teams series was so gay. You had 3 lives by the time CBK died, Tank.

7: Fino-Close set. Don't worry, I didn't M2K ur bedspread.

9: Trent-I'm glad you understand why I give Thugz so much crap now.

9: Gaki-You brought that last match back against us, I'm pretty sure you mind gamed me into air dodging through the ledge.

9: Megarobman-Well, I only got grabbed 9 times by Ice Climbers in 2 matches. But I did beat the godless *******s who besmirched Mega Man.

9: Zeton-Your fox is nasty, you made me feel lost whenever I was on the ground. GG's.

13: Bpx-Seoku said he's gonna play singles with you now! Godlike performance.

13: Schizm-Haven't played your GnW in a while, it's looking in form. I had 10 Redbulls, how many did you have, Thugz kept keeping track and telling me for some stupid reason.

13: Wang-Work on mixups and knowing where your opponent is when you are trying to recover.

13: Peeks-I wanted to see play you today, but I wasn't able to, it's pretty dumb

17: Zash-Ditto, but especially since you play :sheik:

17: Quote-GG's, I saw you play 64, I was quite impressed.

17: GIMB-Sorry, I didn't play you or really know who you are :/

17: Leroy-Thanks for driving and for giving me a better understanding about the space cadet.

17: Eggman-Really nice Yoshi, go to the Lab and keep at it.

17: N_o_m-Happy Birthday! Sucks Nebraska outvoted me so I couldn't tell you in person, but yeah, don't ever talk bad about Mega Man again.

7: Megaman Sucks-No, you both suck. (Future + N_o_M)

Ky-You're a funny man.

Stealth-Pika is dumb and smells bad.

Melee:

1: Dark Rain-I played you in 2 matches, and you were pretty godlike.

2: Jace-GG's, I felt like I was starting to play really well that 2nd go around on our hour of matches. I like that I can play 2.5 melee matches over what would be 1 brawl match the majority of the time.

3: Massive-Really close set, especially that first match, probably should have worked some more jabs in there so I could grab you. Your Kirby is stupid good.

4: Dmac-Standard "Nice to see you again" since we barely talked.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I will say that 64 tournament had a lot of exciting moments everyone was really hyped while people were gaming.

I hope everyone had a good time and look forward to seeing you in November.

:phone:

dmac

Smash Champion
there was....

also : I CANT WAIT FOR SOME DELICIOUS TEARS TO APPEAR IN THIS THREAD FOR THE SALTIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD HAPPENING IN SMASH TO POSSIBLY THE NICEST GUY IN SMASH

DeLux

I was just made aware that Dark Rain actually got $50 tacked on to his winnings despite the 15 person threshold not being met

So there was a melee bonus pot

MJG

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

2: Domo ($96.00) :metaknight: :snake: :GGs my nugguh. The reunion is coming soon :)
3: DeLux ($32.00) :popo: Fun games. **** yo character
4: Future :popo: :metaknight: : 4th. What. Good sht @ this and I had a fun time after the tourney....lmao.
5: Cook: o. You placed high too.
5: Thugz: o
7: Joker :snake: :Thanks for your help. Good sht @ this.
7: Fino :olimar: GGs as always...
9: Trent :sonic: Sonic y
9: Gaki: o
9: Megarobman: Good sht
9: Zeton :fox: :WE FINALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER. See you this weekend
13: Bpx :wario: : Thanks for teaming with me. I really like teaming with wario...so we might have to do it again in the future.
13: Schizm: o
13: Wang: sup?
13: Peeks: Thanks for drivin iowa out to this
17: Zash: Sheik y
17: Quote: Marth y
17: GIMB :kirby: :METAGAME MINUTE
17: Leroy: Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy.
17: Eggman :yoshi: : Yoshi y
17: N_o_m : Olimar y

Fun tournament. Thanks for hosting!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Why isn't this results thread littered with MKs? This is tornado land, so there should be a lot more MKs on the results screen. Admit that you used MK. Admit it now. Also, I want SDs. Tell me if you SD'd. >(

DeLux

I only put characters I remembered seeing. Someone help me fill out the rest please

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Melee:

Darkrain-Falcon
Jace-Falcon
Massive-Jiggs

N64

Jace-Samus
Future-he played like 5 characters
Fino-Ness is his main, I saw him play as Ness when I was watching. But I'm not sure if he went someone else.

Dnyce

Smash Master
We did random seeding (although NE/IA made like two changes to the bracket in order to account for location since crews were playing first round) for the bracket.
This pisses me off.

I was told that bracket was going to be random seeding and no changes. Not that driving 6+ hours and paying entry for the first person I played in bracket has anything to do with this. Crews playing first round? RIDICULOUS! HOW COULD RANDOM DO THAT?!?

I'm glad you took the time to accommodate and break the rules for other people though.

MJG

Smash Hero
This pisses me off.

I was told that bracket was going to be random seeding and no changes. Not that driving 6+ hours and paying entry for the first person I played in bracket has anything to do with this. Crews playing first round? RIDICULOUS! HOW COULD RANDOM DO THAT?!?

I'm glad you took the time to accommodate and break the rules for other people though.

o .

Teh Future

Smash Master
random seeding is never a good idea IMO. TOs should just do it how they think is best (usually a combination of location+skill). I also think TOs should be more willing to change the bracket in losers but w/e

thanks to midwestnetwarz and lux for hosting.

shoutouts to lux for beating domo in winners after i lost and Jace for beating me w/ samus. that character gets a FREE recovery samus = top tier looooooool

also thanks to iowa for housing

edit: btw for N64 I used falcon, pikachu, and fox(in order of msot used). i started practicing fox so i could play him on hyrule then decided my fingers are horrible at moving fast so I stopped. then i used him in tourney anyways. *facepalm

Jace used all samus

Fino used all ness

Top Bottom