• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

ORLY

Smash Master
Copied (and slightly modified) from the Smashing Grounds thread:

Chris/ORLY
815-575-3119

(texts are preferred, as i will not answer calls during work)

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

the SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

where we will be is labeled 1740 on this map:
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

this room is a room full of tables and chairs, and the windows all look black from the outside. its the only one like it.

Schedule:

* 11:30pm - Registration Start
* 12:00pm - Teams Signups Ends
* 12:15pm - Teams Start
* 2:00pm - FOOD BREAK
* 2:30pm - Singles Signups Ends
* 3:00pm - Singles Start
* 5:00pm - Project M starts

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $10 per team
Side Events: $1-5 TBD
Venue Fee: N/A

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.

* Games will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer.
* All sets will be best of 3 except for semis and finals which are best of 5.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the match will be replayed.
* Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
* After their first win, that player may choose to ban a stage for the entirety of the set.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Friendly Fire will be on in teams
* Wobbling is banned

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar

metroid1117

Smash Master
Dang it, Sanchaz! *2nd*

This looks interesting, I'll see if I can come to this and bring the usual crowd of friends...

And whoa, more than 3 neutrals now o_0.

ORLY

Smash Master
yeah i thought i'd go back to the usual ruleset

@romkca: mother brinstar provides for her acolytes. it is the will of brinstar whether you will be blessed with sanctuary

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
brinstar w/out cruise?!
wobbling banned?!!
modified dave's stupid rule?!!!
friendly fire?!!!!
anyway I'll probably be here.

Scythe

Smash Master
i'm assuming you'll be providing everyone with steak dinners Chris??

ORLY

Smash Master
brinstar is on because it's a perfectly cromulent stage

i'd turn on mute city, poke floats, corneria, MK II, peach's castle, and jungle japes too if it wouldn't greatly displease the people. i'm a man of the people

ORLY

Smash Master
fest < tournament

the people that usually end up going to spikes' fests typically don't go to tournaments anyway.

this is the last weekend of the summer before classes start so there's no avoiding this

Tink

Smash Hero
what this guy said 0_0.....Wis been slacking in the melee travelling department...cept frootloop....that guy wants to get better :p.

i cant wait for this, should be great times...i just need to make sure deku isnt going to this, before i can place my token on chris....LMK dekuuuss.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Sad face. I agree with tink. But hey, if I can travel I would, :). Ppl in mvc3 suck.

Make mute city legal!!! Maybe I can bribe dungle to play and tag along. Seriously chirs **** brinstar! At least mute city helps floaties. I don't understand why stages like cruise are legal as it helps spacies.

:phone:

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
crafting a stagelist to overcome character imbalances is impossible, plus then we're just deciding the tier list on a whim.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
FD is the most different and drastic change of play of the 6 most neutral stages. I don't understand how thats still even debated

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nah, Stadium and Fountain are both way more un-neutral than FD imo.

Good luck hosting these Chris, looks like Chicago is back in business.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im not talking "neutral" because that is completely subjective. I am talking about similarities to each other. No platforms is a drastic change in a platforming fighter.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
it doesn't matter if it looks different. FD is no more different from battlefield than DL or FoD is. the game changes a lot per stage, but you can't just abstractly argue that "no platforms = more different"

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
every other stage in the game has platforms, therefore no platforms is more different than different forms of platforms. Its like saying a person with no ears is in the same boat as someone with large or small ears.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I see your point now alex

Anyways, i dont really care what people use as stage lists any more because the populous is ******** and the good players will win in the MW anyways.

This weekend helped me realize how lame SWF really is... i probably won't be posting anymore. Catch me on facebook or something *****es

Tink

Smash Hero
all this drama for 2 ppl not even coming to this tournament 0_0.....get these johns outta here.

EVERYone neeeeeeds to bring setups!!!

durb

Smash Rookie
hi, i'm planning on going to this because its like 20 minutes away from my house, i've never been to melee tournament but i figure i gotta start somewhere

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Mute City doesnt always have platforms. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it moves! But it never has ledges. Best of everything imo.

PC CARS!!!

Top Bottom