• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthlies Presented by Evolution Games

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou's Monthlies

---------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT:

Address

6212 Mccart Ave
Fort Worth, TX
---------------------------------------------

The last tournament was great for a first time thing but I've made improvements so everyone will be able to afford to play in tournament and have fun at the same time.

Check the bottom of this page for a special giveaway from yours truly.

GENERAL RULES/STORE POLICIES

Unity Brawl Rules
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

-Be sure to click on the link above to get a better understanding of the rules in place for this tournament.

-Metaknight IS not tournament legal for singles and doubles. However if both players agree to using Metaknight, go for it.....

-Evolution Games does sell snacks and drinks. Buying your own food and bringing it into the store is not allowed. There are PLENTY of areas around the venue for you to eat at...for example, there is a scholwsky's deli/Krisky Catfish/Little Cesar's Pizza right next to the venue, and even down the street there is a Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Church's Chicken, Panda Express, etc...

-Disregard the Gentleman's agreement....all other stages are banned.

-Melee rules

* Games will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer.
* All sets will be best of 3 except for semis and finals which are best of 5.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the match will be replayed.
* Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
* After their first win, that player may choose to ban a stage for the entirety of the set.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Friendly Fire will be on in teams
* Wobbling is banned

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar

EVENTS AND TOURNAMENT FEES

- Store venue fee is a flat rate of $5 dollars. (No refund)

- Brawl singles entry fee is $5 a player (No refund)

- Brawl doubles entry fee is $5 PER PLAYER (No refund)

When I make the bracket, there will be no refunds (only in extreme cases) so please make sure you are able to play.

- Instead of hosting a side event, I will do Melee singles for $5 dollars a piece given there be interest in it during the middle of the tournament....so I wll need additional copies of Super Smash Brother's Melee to accomodate melee players.

- Bringing in your own setup will not affect/waiver this fee, but it would be helpful.

PAYOUTS

Singles:
1-39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 -79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

(The same goes for Melee singles)

SCHEDULING

1 PM - Sign up for Brawl singles

2 PM - Sign up for Brawl doubles

3 PM - Sign up for Melee singles

7 PM - Wrap up the tournament/End

Let's try to end the entire tournament around 7 PM so please report your matches.

OTHER

- I want the tournament to go smoothly, and when we call out the matches go directly to a open tv and play your match. If someone is doing a tournament match and your playing a friendly/MM, please get up so they can finish their match. When your done, report your match so we can get the tournament up and rolling.

- The store is not very big so if someone needs a chair to sit down to play a tournament, please help him/her out...also the faster the tournament can go, the more MM's and friendlies we can have before and after the tournament.

-Remember, the store is trying to gain the trust of the locals, please keep vulgarity to a minimum and have respect for the owner, it's affiliates and the store itself. Not adhering to this rule will result in a direct temporary ban from all of my tournaments...EVEN OUTSIDE OF BRAWL.

-At the end of the tournament or getting near the end, help with getting the setup's out will be greatly appreciated.

-MELEE PLAYERS I will need about two or three players who have melee setups to help me out. That would also be greatly appreciated.

LINKS

-Evolution Games http://www.wix.com/evogamez/evolution#!

-Facebook Evolution page http://www.facebook.com/evolution.gamez?sk=info

-My facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415471004

Special

- For the people that do bring set ups, I will have a special thank you gift from me. I will buy each of you a soda for helping me out.

Thanks again and we'll see you guys September 10th....

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
This is going to be the same date as the Hobo Texas Circuit Event..? >.>
No one has gotten back to me about when Phase or when your hosting Revolution next....I can easily change the date to the 17th or the next weekend afterwards.

You going to the HOBO event? Count me in your carpool if you are man...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
-Metaknight IS not tournament legal for singles and doubles. However if both players agree to using Metaknight, go for it.....

Can you change the capitalized word to "NOT" instead of "IS" because that bothers me...;;

Also, if it's not conflicting with local stuff, I'm going.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'll be there.
Great! I hope to see you there. If you need any help getting there or any details let me know.

I wanna go.
If i can convince my mom, me and my brother should be coming!

Haven't been to a tourny since the first Phase X.

:phone:
Aye the last phase I got 7th place. It was pretty fun. I'll be glad to see you and your brother show up. It's a nice place, small and has a nice atmosphere. It's only been there a month or so....I"m helping putting the place on the map.

When the tournies get bigger, the prizes get bigger.

If this tournament caps more than 20 people in singles, i'll throw a surprise at the end of the tournament.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
^lol leaf.

I'm not expecting to win by any means, though I will probably go all ICs.
I still pocket jiggly ganon and yoshi.

I probably will bring a setup, but it is not hacked, so no replays on it:/
also I have a seperate GC and melée, but only 1 tv which Im using with brawl.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I"m interested in melee with two other people if the expected turn out is looking good. If you're planning on attending for melee post in here please. :bee:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
There's a guy in my city who plays melée.
I wouldn't be entering melée because I hate the physics of it so I just get annoyed I suck at it.

But I'm in serious need of some brawl.

Also if my melée is needed there you may wanna bring hacks for it.
I haven't gotten all the stages cause I didn't play it as much when I had it and now I only play brawl.

Well I could probably unlock em in time so idk we'll see.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Also if my melée is needed there you may wanna bring hacks for it.
I haven't gotten all the stages cause I didn't play it as much when I had it and now I only play brawl.

Well I could probably unlock em in time so idk we'll see.
Not necessary. You can load melee data from a memory card and then remove it, so only one full save is needed to run an entire tournament.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I might come. I really want to go to something OoC.

Ill get to meet my MR GAME AND WATCH! <3

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lol I can "teach" (how do you just teach? Lol) some ics, but I'm not good enough with yoshi.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My yoshis trash too tho.

Well it's getting near decent now.
Anywho that's not what this threads about.

I'll try my best to make it and maybe bring a few people with me.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Tell me the surprise and I'll confirm 3-5 people.
It's more of appreciation gifts from me...

First five people to enter melee will receive a coke/dr.pepper...I"ll personally pay for it.

As a personal thanks for entering my tournament, gonna try something.

You pay your venue fee, you get a ticket.
You pay for singles or doubles in brawl, you get a ticket for each.
You pay for melee singles, you get a ticket.
Instead of waiting towards the end, I'll do a drawing for three names near 4pm.
Just wait and see. If your name gets pulled out, you'll win something.

I'm interested in coming for melee.
Yes, I hope you all do come for melee. I've also talked to swift about this and he'll be asking some of his crew to show up as well. I like brawl and I love melee still, so we should be able to have tournaments for both every month.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I hope you all do come for melee. I've also talked to swift about this and he'll be asking some of his crew to show up as well. I like brawl and I love melee still, so we should be able to have tournaments for both every month.
Are you intending for this to replace Swift's tourneys?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Are you intending for this to replace Swift's tourneys?
No sir.
I would like more tournaments for all forms of smash.

There will be times where I conduct Smash 64 and Melee as a part of the brawl regular tournaments I will hold each month.

@ Leaf - Like a drawing, it's random right? You'll never know. It could be a free drink to me paying your singles/venue fee...just depending on how the tournament goes, the amount of people who participate and how things pan out in a timely fashion. It's nothing big or huge....but free is free haha...

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I don't get why you don't get alot of turn out.
It's in the DFW area.
Alot of smashers could make it out easily.
No other tournies this day.
Maybe cause MK is banned:/

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't get why you don't get alot of turn out.
It's in the DFW area.
Alot of smashers could make it out easily.
No other tournies this day.
Maybe cause MK is banned:/

The last time is because of the scheduling of Denti's Revolution and my tournament was right next to each other, friday then my tournament on saturday.

It's also might be a safe assumption to say that because some people were thinking ahead about playing top players....and especially no use of Metaknight might of crippled a good chunk of player's chances to place top 3. Remember, this is an assumption so don't take it personally.

Most people are kind of tight on money so some players couldn't do both that weekend....and it might be because MK is banned, but I see no particular other reason to not participate because you can't play metaknight. MK has really ruined the CP system of brawl. This is why MK is banned, not because I don't like MK as a character.

The turnout may of got some people reluctant to play in the tournament...because let's face it, some people play for money....so that's a valid reason. A small turnout means a small first place prize.

But give it time....

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Denti:(
this was planned first :0
I'm still going to this one, cause we have a bigger time frame so more friendlies and all that.
And were not playing till 1am here.
Cause I live close eneough to not need housing, but far eneough to not want to be back home at 3-4am.

Zgashi, I would be so happy if you actually came.

Denti

Smash Master
Denti:(
this was planned first :0
I'm still going to this one, cause we have a bigger time frame so more friendlies and all that.
And were not playing till 1am here.
Cause I live close eneough to not need housing, but far eneough to not want to be back home at 3-4am.

Zgashi, I would be so happy if you actually came.

Ya, you don't gota do both. I don't decide when I hold my tournaments, it's always whenever swift host his Melee tournament.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yeah I wanna go to both cause I haven't been to a tourney since Phase X.
But alas, can only make one.
Tho both would be sick, not sure if I can convince my mom of such a thing.
Age sux.

Top Bottom