• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melty Blood CC / Under Night In-Birth - MBAACC Caster finally!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Melty Blood Actress Again: Current Code
Genre: 2D Fighter​
Developers: French Bread / Type-Moon​
Released in 2010​

[Collapse="Main Information"]Welcome to the all things Melty Blood thread!

Full game has been released! Although we can't talk about the alternative methods of obtaining the game here.

Two new characters have been added since PS2 MBAA: Archetype Earth and Powered Ciel. Tons of new balance changes and the (moderately) revamped OTG mechanic have been added.

A good starting point if you're new to the game is the wiki. Although it's MBAA (older version of the game), the main mechanics are all still there. Only different things about MBAACC is a new clean air grab mechanic and character specific relaunch and OTG combos.
http://melty.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page

For those that are running Macs or Linux, you would either have to get that VMware Fusion software or run Wine. mbaacctool has a fix to allow the game to run in Wine.

News:
  • Props to MadScientist over at MeltyBread to make us his very own netplay caster! Lets get to it netplay warriors!
  • MeltyNight - May 5! Another monster tournament for the fans to watch~
  • Rev 1.4 patch has been released.
  • GodsGarden has decided to host a tournament for Melty! SilentShinobi to restream it out to us viewers.
  • Rev 1.3 patch has been released. Mainly bug fixes. Notable fix for the IP ???.??? thing.
  • ALno from meltybread updated mauve's tool for rev 1.2.
  • Rev 1.2 patch has been released. Supposedly reduces delay a bit and fixes netplay replays.
  • Mauve has modified his tool to reduce delay a bit and automatically sets the game's core affinity to 1.
  • Mauve released his tool for keyboard rebinds.
[/Collapse]

Under Night In-Birth
Genre: 2D Fighter​
Developer: French Bread​
Released Sept 20, 2012​

[Collapse="Main Information"]The new game French Bread has been working on after Melty Blood! The game features unique new characters with many diverse mechanics!

News:
  • Incoming balance patch in summer~
  • Hilda announced for next patch!
  • Patch 1.01 released as a balance change to chain shift
  • Shion Eltnum revealed as a future character!
Characters:
Hyde - Intro Trailer
Linne - Intro Trailer
Seth - Intro Trailer
Orie - Intro Trailer
Vatista - Intro Trailer
Carmine - Intro Trailer
Waldstein - Intro Trailer
Gordeau - Intro Trailer
Merkava - Intro Trailer
Yuzuriha - Intro Trailer

[/Collapse]

Crusayer

Smash Lord
"タイプムーンさんからメルブラPC版について発表がありましたね。ネット対戦は標準でつけられませんでしたが、アップデートで対応します。期待しておいてください。詳細はそのうちに発表しま"

From ecole twitter

Translated: "So, Type Moon announced Melty PC. Netplay isn't in it, but we'll be making an update. Please look forward to it. We'll give the details eventually."

We'll probably have to deal with the mediocre netplay until mauve finishes up his caster. He think it'll take a few months before it's perfect though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd like to think that they're holding out on proper online to make that the selling point for a future console port.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm hyped and I'm not.

I have to wait for a standalone release.

And I really want a PS3 release. But at least the PC will have better netplay than whatever a PS3 release gets if Mauve finishes MBcaster. :/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ecole/Frenchbread is releasing a HD fighter for PS3 in the near future. It's not meltyblood, but still.

Also no offense to any of you, but you guys have no idea how happy I am that they DIDN'T release for the PS3. I'm bottom of the barrel absolute dirt-trash poor. >_>

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wait what, I never even knew you could do this. Since the mods apparently couldn't do this for the RPS Brawl thread in another forum and they had to remake it.

Huh. Well thanks F8AL \o/

Yeah, necropost I guess.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Melty is all about the necro, so it's all good.

About half the cast is dead or has died.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Holy crap. C-arc combos. I have a new respect for all those C-Arc players out there. What kind of insane dev makes you do 63214 and then a TK 63214 in the same combo and then run in and do some more delayed juggle combos.

C-koha and C-Arc for the most technical chars in MB.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i forgot my stick at my apartment

but this feels so good

haven't played for months since 1.05 lol

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Sure is dead in this forum. How's everyone enjoying the demo so far? I've only played a little bit due to finals still...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The demo is cool, I haven't played it much since it doesn't have my characters though.

Haven't tried the netplay yet.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to play melty?

I can direct host.

For anyone that wants to join in. You can contact me via Hamachi:
Room Name: SWFMelty
Pass: SWFMelty

Or if you don't want to, just post here.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm willing to play since i can play v.sion except my stick is at my apartment although i'm an f-akiha player

i'll just mash on the keyboard and try to do something

also did anyone actually preorder the game that is being bundled with the bluray pack?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
$200 is a bit much for me...

If it was like $100 including everything I'd buy it.

Btw, are you that same Rei that played F-Ryougi before as well?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i agree it is a bit too pricey for a game

luckily, i know 2 guys in japan right now on vacations that will try to get me a copy

i'm not him, i go by another name on mbread

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
o, there's a thread for this here.

I'm mainly just posting to say hi since netplay from america to australia is terrible. It's good to see other people here who play though!

main/s: C-Chaos, H-Kohaku

I'll probably pick up some more characters once the full version is out, been putting off hitting training mode until this version came out

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Demo ends tonight! (I think it may have already ended even. I dunno JP time).

Full version upgrades will be:
- Adds Keyboard Customization.
- Adds viewable Player Name.
- Adds viewable Player Comment.
- Shows Ping/Delay.

Credit to Erkz on MeltyBread for translation. Update on the retail version will be tomorrow as well!

I sincerely hope you guys will be more active once full version is out :x.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'll most likely play with swf ppl

but i'll most likely be playing with my region's community

i have a busy schedule seeing that i'm about to graduate from my university and have a job

Crusayer

Smash Lord
No, there's a keyboard remap tool out there for the full version.

If you're still using the demo one mauve put out, then yeah that's demo only. ALno from Mbread edited the tool for the full game. And someone else made another tool of similar purpose.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wut, there's internet on a plane now?!

Btw, Summoner is from aussie too apparently. You could play him in netplay maybe :V

asianaussie

Smash Hero
yea, i've seen him about on the aus smash irc, though he only greets me when im on the soku channel lol

im basically a complete newbie to actress again though

and lol i just got off the plane, at an airport (though there is internet on some planes now)

also, did they remove and nothing heart? now i don't get to hear kara no kyoukai...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah, for some reason a couple stages aren't in the game.

No one knows why.

THOUGH THERE'S ARCHETYPE EARTH'S THEME NOW. HNGGGGGG.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Pc version is out? Really? Really? :D

(Also, there's wifi on a lot of flights now. Almost every non-small, non-connecting flight that I've been on with Delta, at least, has had it, but it costs money.)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
aa, it's no longer the soku channel, it's reverted back to melty. I only greet you in that channel because I haven't been in aus irc for like 6 months now lol ;P

Really liking cc right now. I love the inclusion of the ground bounce after a non-combo airthrow. C-Nero doesn't look to be able to combo off of this outside of a corner with anything other than 4c. Good thing most of the airgrabs you'll get precombo will be in the corner :D

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Is there any way to make this game not look so ugly in full screen? I changed the resolution, but it didn't help.

Also, what are the moons for? I'm an Act Cadenza vet who didn't play any AA.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is there any way to make this game not look so ugly in full screen? I changed the resolution, but it didn't help.

Also, what are the moons for? I'm an Act Cadenza vet who didn't play any AA.
Changing the resolution shouldn't affect anything if you're going to put it on full screen.
The game isn't exactly pretty, so it's going to look bad when it's stretched (I'm used to it though).

Quick run down on moons is basically this. Crescent's meter is just like AC. Half's meter goes up to only 200. Full Moon goes to 300 but you build meter slow. However, holding A+B+C let's you charge up meter DBZ style.

Comboing in Crescent and Half is like AC. You can Reverse Beat which means you can press buttons in any order when you combo. Full Moon is more like Marvel where you can only go up the chain of command but not down. Full Moon gives good frame advantage on normals though.

Half's shield is different where if you shield, you'll automatically counter. Also Half's shield bunker is different by having added bonuses but at the cost of 100 meter. Half also doesn't have access to Last Arc.

Full Moon has access to a one time roman cancel when you're in Max Mode.

Mizuumi.net has more indepth info that I'm probably missing, but these are the big ones. Another thing to note is that different moons for characters may have different moves.

Edit: Yeah, just go here since they explain all the other stuff I overlooked if you're interested http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Melty_Blood/Moons

Top Bottom