• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hitbox Repository Directory (upd. Nov 03 '12: DK 71%)

Toomai

Smash Ace
This is the main link hub between my hitbox repoitories. Click an image to proceed to a character's repository.

| | | | The Hidden Block | The Secret Diary | The Royal Archives | The Other Castle | The Rainbow Base 100% | 100% | 100% | 100% | 100% | |||
The Treasure Hoard | The Potassium Pile |||
100% | 71% |||
{colsp=5} Overall
{colsp=5} 17.21%
{colsp=5} [----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Comments and discussion about the system in general can go here. Comments pertaining to a specific character should go in the individual repository topics.

FAQs
  • Q: Can you do X next?
    • A: Nope. The order has been set in stone ever since the project began. I don't plan on changing it for anything.
  • Q: I disagree with an image.
    • A: That's fine. I can't pretend this stuff is infalliable; some of the pictures are probably off by 0.1 of a unit or so. That said however, I carefully review every image before I finalize it, and if something looks really out of whack I will do extra mesurements to make sure there wasn't an error somewhere. In extreme cases the commentary will point out the inconsistency.
  • Q: Can I help?
    • A: Ehhhhh. Personally I don't really want any help, since it's a pretty complicated thing to do and consistency is the key. (Short answer.) That said however, if you want to do some of the snapshot-taking, PM me and I'll give you some details and the stage I use to take the pics on. If I get flooded with PMs I might put them here instead, but I don't really want to do that if the demand is low.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Toomai deserves undying love from everyone.

I mean whotf makes these kind of images:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Can't wait until you get to sonic, i've been dying to really know if the hit box for his bair really does have one underneath. That and the hurtboxes for his Fsmash and spin dashes. But i i do find the ones you currently have done t be very interesting.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Spectacular work here! I just have a few questions.

1. Is this something you could get to someone else to help you out with? I think there are already a lot of ready and willing people here in this thread.

2. Do hurboxes deform when a character's appendages change shape and size? (Yoshi's fsmash is a good example)

3. Is it possible to layer the hurboxes on top of the hitboxes? That information would be invaluable for determining which moves outspace others.

Toomai

Smash Ace
1. Is this something you could get to someone else to help you out with? I think there are already a lot of ready and willing people here in this thread.
This is a bit of a finnicky thing. I'm the kind of person that insists on doing everything alone to enforce the best consistency and have the most control over unusual circumstances. It's also not too easy to do the drawings themselves - you need knowledge of PSA/OpenSA, BrawlBox, Inkscape, and at times Blender and hex reading. That said however, I wouldn't be opposed to people sending me the frame-perfect snapshots of step 1.
2. Do hurboxes deform when a character's appendages change shape and size? (Yoshi's fsmash is a good example)
They do in Melee according to debug mode, so they probably do for Brawl.
3. Is it possible to layer the hurboxes on top of the hitboxes? That information would be invaluable for determining which moves outspace others.
Yeah it's possible, but it's basically three or four times the work, so I'm not exactly inclined to do it in most cases.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I'll give it to you on the consistency thing, that is pretty important. And as I'm learning in my experiences in graduate school, letting other people take responsibility for something with your name on it is difficult.

I'm assuming this means your Wii needs to be hacked... which is troublesome for me since I don't own one personally and my house-mates is hack-free.

I don't have as much time on my hands as I would like, but I usually have a day free each weekend. If at any point you are inclined to teach someone about this material, I'd like to offer, at least, to help write a guide for your work. I think gathering a small team would do this a lot of good.

In any case, think it over. If you're up for working with me for a bit, you can find me on AIM at "Tuen Rey", sans the quotations.

Cheers

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow this is awesome.
You are awesome.

This deserves a sticky.

I really really hope this gets finished.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This needs to be reiterated but:

Toomai is the Deity of Data
If the Smash Lab doesn't know the answer, we pray to him and tells us the answers because he is omniscient.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Maybe you could let someone else do the hurtbox data based on your data.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I'd imagine hurtbox data is like... half a percent of all the work involved. :p
Adding hurtboxes is a complex process. Hurtboxes deform as moves are performed, so getting it right would take a while.

Hmm....

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser

What relation do they all have in common? Mushroom kingdom!

I sense Wario is next or perhaps donkey kong. And through donkey kong, diddy kong.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im loving the order he chose to do these in. The characters I use in order:

Yoshi
Mario
Bowser
Peach
DK
Wario
Luigi
D3

EDIT: Who's Next? I'd assume either DK or Wario.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
Could you post the order you're using?

I'm really looking for other character's data.

Thanks a lot for your effort.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Could you post the order you're using?

I'm really looking for other character's data.

Thanks a lot for your effort.
So far it's been similar to the order of the character select screen.

My bets are the next character will be Wario. ;)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You should be thankful sonic even made it into this game.

Top Bottom