• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*smashachusetts* final results!

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
AWESOME TOURNAMENT guys, it was a great turnout and some great matches to boot.. This is a big deal and there will be another one in about 1-1.5 months... thanks again to everyone who helped guide me (this was my first tournament hosting) and thanks to everyone for coming... I will keep you posted on further upcoming events in this series.. congrats to the winners... results are shown below:

1: FATAL ($123.75)
2: PELCA ($67.50)
3: ADAM GIBSON ($22.50)
4: BLOOD CROSS ($11.25)
5: BIZKIT
5: HINKAGE
7: ETECOON
7: PRAWN
9: ICYLIGHT
9: DUKE
9: SPIDER JERUSALEM
9: BASS
13: SK7K
13: EDGESLAYER
13: DRE
13: NT3K
17: HOBO
17: IKON
17: POOKIE
17: GTZ
17: CJA
17: JF
17: C-LOS
17: TOMMY H
25: THE FIGHTING MUDKIPS
25: LOUIS c
25: RIBCAGE
25: COSTA
25: DOMINIC
25: JOE LEWIS
25: MEOWP
25: NAMELESS
33: DANIMALS
33: CHRISTOPHER F.
33: JAY
33: GOLD'N
33: REVELATIONS
33: BEAST
33: LUMP
33: SWAG
33: LUCAS
33: KEVIN POLLINS
33: ANDREW S.
33: LG
33: LUCARIO 52
33: PIMP
33: MB
33: STALIN
49: DEF
49: KEPPER

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Yeah, the bracket should be on tio. Save-as, then upload it to something like photobucket or imageshack.

1: FATAL ($123.75) - Snake
2: PELCA ($67.50) - Falco
3: ADAM GIBSON ($22.50) - Snake
4: BLOOD CROSS ($11.25) - Falco/MK
5: BIZKIT - Snake/MK
5: HINKAGE - MK
7: ETECOON - MK
7: PRAWN - IC's
9: ICYLIGHT - Olimar
9: DUKE - Lucario
9: SPIDER JERUSALEM - Diddy Kong
9: BASS - DK

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Yeah, the bracket should be on tio. Save-as, then upload it to something like photobucket or imageshack.

1: FATAL ($123.75) - Snake
2: PELCA ($67.50) - Falco
3: ADAM GIBSON ($22.50) - Snake/falco/DDD
4: BLOOD CROSS ($11.25) - Falco/MK
5: BIZKIT - Snake/MK
5: HINKAGE - MK/CF
7: ETECOON - MK
7: PRAWN - IC's
9: ICYLIGHT - Olimar
9: DUKE - Lucario
9: SPIDER JERUSALEM - Diddy Kong
9: BASS - DK
fix'd for better accuracy

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Good **** Spider Jerusalem, I thought you quit.

I wish I came to this. I will be at the next 8 NE tourneys if you missed me.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yeah I was in for free and my co-helper edgeslayer was also entered for free

team doubles results:

1. FATAL & PELCA
2. MIKE RAY & HINKAGE
3. BIZKIT & ICYLIGHT
4. ACE & BASS
5: NT3000 & SK7000
5: ICE ARROW LOOKS LIKE TEENAGE VOLDEMORT
7: LB'S FINEST
7: PLAID SHIRTS ARE SEXY
9: MIAMI DOLPHINS SUCK
9: TEASHED
9: SWAGTISH
9: SWORDSLAYERS
13: UNKNOWN
13: TEAM BOB
13: DOUBLE RAINBOW
13: TEAM SWAG
17: BLUE LIGHTNING
17: DFC
17: POUND KAKES
17: MAGIKARP
17: TEAM KEVIN&LOUIS
17: TEAM HILFIGER
17: TEAM CHAOS

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
pretty sure u took a game off BC with snake, snake stays scrub!
It goes by who helps you advance, and always has. I lost to BC so Snake did not help me advance in any notable set, only MK did. It doesn't matter if you win one game with a char if you lost the set.

Shoutouts:

1: FATAL - Eventually someone will not choke vs you...eventually.
2: PELCA - Stop changing chars when you beat someone with your previous char.
3: ADAM GIBSON - hi
4: BLOOD CROSS - Ah well you got me. Next time I won't go Snake on RC though, so prepare for dittos if you take me there again.
5: HINKAGE - Thanks for helping run doubles.
7: ETECOON - Ggs, good stuff beating Icy.
7: PRAWN - Gotta stop dropping grabs.
9: ICYLIGHT - Sorry to blame you in doubles, I just didn't really have any other answer for why we lost in losers other than you not playing as well as you usually do. It carried into singles too, not sure what happened though.
9: DUKE - Ggs, sucks we have to keep playing like every tourney.
9: SPIDER JERUSALEM - I wish you'd work with me more than against me at these. Joking around in a set is fine, but not when I'm stressing over trying to get matches done fast as possible...
9: BASS - Hey we didn't have to play for once.
13: DRE - Ggs, work on that stuff I told you, nice placing too.
13: NT3K - Nice seeing you, I wonder how many people were impressed by your Ike lulz.
17: HOBO - yo y u 17th?
Star: Thanks for helping with singles bracket, would have never finished otherwise.

GTZ: First of all, good stuff with getting this many people to enter. It was majorly unexpected, but really impressive. You didn't do a bad job for your first time TOing, but the inexperience definitely could have probably been better avoided by trying to get a real co-host that is experienced with TOing (that wasn't on the spot). If I had known these many people were gunna go, I'd have told you sooner. I'll list the stuff that needs to be worked on:

#1. Doubles shouldn't have been done with that schedule honestly. Again, unexpected turnout, but it was too risky in the first place. Even during regular NE tourneys doing only two events can run almost 12 hours. If it were just singles, things would have been much more relaxing.

#2. You need to change the way sign ups are done. It looked good at first, but that is probably where some of the pot is missing. I'm willing to bet a couple friends just shared receipts and there was no way to counter that (unless I'm missing something). What needs to be done is you do sign ups and take their name immediately and either write it down or put it in Tio. Making people come back to enter bracket when they already paid was not efficient and prone to many problems, as you saw.

#3. You need to have a PC or Laptop near the setups. Printing out the brackets was too messy, it was really easy for one of us to make a mistake with writing people into losers and then screwing everything up. It was the only viable option we had with no laptop, but definitely fix it for next time.

#4. You need to really try to expand the area we had. On the tourney page, you showed numerous pics of how big the venue was...but neglected to mention that we'd be confined to a small boxed room that could barely fit 15 people, much less 50. I don't know if this was forced on you the day of the tourney, but it was indeed a problem, I did not really see a big issue with throwing in another small table and at least 1 setup really close to the corner. I know you said the office door was right next to it and the entrance, but people were out there anyway because of not enough space, so the argument of "We don't want people near the door" shouldn't work. Not to mention the narrow hallway could have held a couple setups pretty easily (those flatscreens were not really used so the space was open the whole time).

#5. Learn Tio more. I know it was your first time, but you should have practiced with it a little at least, if none of us reg NE players were there to help you, things would have been too messy for you. This is the only thing I kinda blame you on, but not in a bad way.

I think I covered the problems. You definitely need to get these problems fixed for next time, because I don't go to other peoples tourneys to run them when I already run two other series (this isn't the first time this happened to me), and I know you did a lot as well but you definitely need to get a co-host if the next one is really big, and unfortunately I won't volunteer for that. Don't take any of this the wrong way btw, it's all constructive criticism, because this venue has potential since there are no longer any western MA venues, and I don't want to see it go to waste.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to hinkage for being a trained stalemate associate
Shoutouts to GTZ for hosting
Shoutouts to people that came, nice to see a big tourney in New England
Shoutouts to Nicole for namesearching and now having no money....and forcing me to go to olive garden
Shoutouts to Adam Gibson for he told me stories of what the venue was like BEFORE it became gameplay USA
Shouts to shouts
Shoutouts to snake for being my best friend
Shoutouts to starlight for being tied to the radiator and being omnigayed by hinkage, while he forced pelca to watch.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I did quit, but this was ten mins from my house. Also, my singles chars are

Diddy, ZSS, Snake, Shelda and Jiggs.

Although Jiggs I lost with. And I'd have Falcon if people didn't hate fun so damn much.

"9: SPIDER JERUSALEM - I wish you'd work with me more than against me at these. Joking around in a set is fine, but not when I'm stressing over trying to get matches done fast as possible..."

I wish you'd let me enjoy myself at these things instead of working against me and always being a big bully. We wanted to run the set as a Falcon Ditto. Falcon dittos are dumb and quick the way we were playing. We were enjoying ourselves but you decided to unplug our **** and tell me no, I'm sorry if I'm not a fan of spending money and not getting to enjoy myself. Half the time I'm ****ing around while waiting for people. Like when my and Bass were practicing. And you got mad at us... after telling Duke and Prawn they could run off. We decided to continue practicing while they plugged in. NOT A BIG DEAL.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
well thanks to everyone for their critiques and compliments.. I will be working furiously over the next month or so to prep another fun event for us NE smashers.. I will keep you posted thanks to everyone for coming and thanks for your patience with my unexpected turnout and the space issue. I will make necessary adjustments to make the next *Smashachusetts* even better for everyone...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
At 9:15 - 9:30 you should look into expanding to the corner that just houses the wall of ps3 games since the mall is closed. If there are tables and shiz. Start bracket to a bit of set up and it'd make a big improvement without interrupting the stores revenue flow.

So Fatal

Smash Master
it was close to midnight and we were only half way done with the tournament, and your complaining about not being able to reset your set after completing 1 game?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm responding to a weak call out.

I wanted to be able to play my set. It was no where near midnight since I still had a good 4 sets, which I had to wait for still, before midnight since that's when I left. Last I checked Bizkit wasn't the TO. And if he was so concerned he wouldn't have had people leaving right before playing sets.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Nothing to do with you at all Prawn. Just noting the similarity and the point of my annoyance.

To Tomahawk man, yo, I live in Ludlow, fyi, if the ludlow players ever need practice advice or whatever I'd swing through for a smashfest or whatever.

Prawn

Smash Master
Well this was the first Brawl tourney I have ever attended...Sadly I only lasted till the third round but I still had fun.
yo man i got 0-2d at like my first three tournaments

you're already way ahead of where i was hahaha

IcyLight

Smash Lord
This tourney was just a big headache. Realized why I quit in the first place, so you guys won't be seeing me anymore.

@Tom, you did fine hosting. There were a lot more people than any of us were expecting, and time constraints and space limitation just worked against you. That tiny corner is just too small. Someone mentioned expanding to the other part of the store once the mall closes, which is a great idea if they will let you. Good luck next time! :p

Tomahawkmansp

Smash Rookie
Well thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I tried to watch a few matches carefully trying to pick up some things from the more experienced players. Next time I'll practice in advanced as I hadn't played brawl for a good 2-3 months or so instead devoting my time to working on my Trick Room team on White. Despite the crowded space I still enjoyed it, and I'm willing to attend another tourney if it happens to be near my area.

Although I'm going to try and improve myself in areas like DACUS since I can pull it off but the timing is still difficult for me as I only manage to pull it off 1 in 3 times.

Strangely enoug,h I actually did better overall in the tourney rankings than the person I lost to in my first match. Then again it was double-elimination.

So Fatal

Smash Master
This tourney was just a big headache. Realized why I quit in the first place, so you guys won't be seeing me anymore.

@Tom, you did fine hosting. There were a lot more people than any of us were expecting, and time constraints and space limitation just worked against you. That tiny corner is just too small. Someone mentioned expanding to the other part of the store once the mall closes, which is a great idea if they will let you. Good luck next time! :p
dunno what ur issue is. tourney was a blast for me.

Top Bottom