• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska/South Dakota Brawl Power Rankings MMX version (Updated 6/22/12)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

THE 2012 NEBRASKA/SD BRAWL LANDLOCKED MK (mostly) BANNED PR

PURPOSE-TO DEVELOP THE BEST GAME (competitive scene) EVER!

Capcom Nebraska went under and Nebraska went Maverick

The carnage... It's... horrible. Those Mavericks will pay for this!

SUGGESTED ORDER TO PLAY

XcamusX Gator

Bio: He slithers his way into the PR after rolling his way into winners finals
Quote: No, go ahead.
Good Point: Choir Bassist
Bad Point: Lives in belleview
Like: Cartoons
Dislike: Late nights

Weapon: Gator Sleeper
Weakness: Tiger bite

MK Mike Mandrill

Bio: Beats his chest and sparks blunts smoke fuels his lungs
Quote: Dude...come on. I beat ya, ya quit, you're a n00b, play a real game.
Good Point: Works out
Bad Point: Goes Ape S***
Like: Drunk girls
Dislike: Tree placement on hole 10.

Weapon: Bench Press
Weakness: Gator Sleeper

JBM Chameleon

Bio: He changes colors when his blood is taken from his body, but kills you first
Quote: I read you fools like a book.
Good Point: Didn't ***** about losing his main
Bad Point: Mario Party
Like: Gaston
Dislike: Albert Pujols

Weapon: Tongue Lashing
Weakness: Bench Press
(lol)

Cue Eagle

Bio: He soars through the skies and dive bombs bad players in Marvel
Quote: Is that how you're gonna do me?
Good Point: I no longer owe him money
Bad Point: League of Legends (STILL)
Like: Getting it wet
Dislike: MK Mike + Bottle of alcohol

Weapon: Dive Kick
Weakness: Tongue Lashing

JMan Catfish
(sorry about how lame your picture is, it was almost impossible to find a "volt catfish")

Bio: He traveled under tectonic plates and infiltrated the air force base
Quote: ****... suicided again...
Good Point: Obedience
Bad Point: Secret Governement agent
Like: Chocolate Milk
Dislike: Surprise buttsex

Weapon: Drowning death
Weakness: Dive Kick

Sm3esh Stag

Bio: He smokes meth in his car and goes googoogagahhhh
Quote: Yeah well my d*** (verbs)
Good Point: Buys MK Mike stuff
Bad Point: Doesn't buy MRM stuff, also plays too much ****ing league.
Like: Making waitress's cry
Dislike: Black People

Weapon: Homo slurs
Weakness: Drowning Death

ResTy Moth

Bio: Faps in between spiral knight meat riding as routinely as D-throws
Quote: If you actually knew what you were doing, you might be good.
Good Point: Got 7th at a Melee Regional
Bad Point: Got last at a Brawl Regional
Like: Out trolling Rob
Dislike: Pride

Weapon: Trash Talk
Weakness: Homo Slurs

MegaRobManX Tiger

Bio: Really, really likes megaman games to the point of psychosis
Quote: lol Krystedez is free...how did I beat him?
Good Point: Will ***** himself out for hype
Bad Point: Doesn't believe own hype
Like: Maverick Hunters
Dislike: That neon tiger was in MMX3, that game isn't very perfect :/

Weapon: Tiger Bite
Weakness: Trash Talk

Green Biker Dude will be avenged!!!

Nebraska/SD Brawl Power Rankings (Last 6 months)

#1-MegaRobMan :wolf: :link2:

#2-ResTy :dedede:

#3-Sm3esh ACTIVE :peach:

#4-Jman NEW :sonic:

#5-Cue :snake: :dk2:

#6-JBM +1 :marth:

#7-MK Mike -1 :samus2: :falcon:

#8-XCamusX NEW :snake:

Honorable Mentions
Thugz (MI)
DarkYosh (TX)
LeRoy (IA)
Aurastorm (Good Luck at Georgia Tech!)
GameGenie222 (Runza)
Trent (Retired)

Thanks to everyone who played, and hopefully we will have a brand new PR coming up soon with brand new faces and Tyser/I won't be at the top.

Last Season

Voting
Rob—7.7
Tyser-7.7
Cue-5.7
Trent-5
Thugz-4
MK Mike-2
JBM-1.7
GameGenie-1.4
D-Yosh-1
LeRoy-.34
Aura-34

-Art-DeLux:BBR member and Head of the Smash Lab, he's the most capable Kansas smashers for placing the Nebraska smashers. Won his first tournament in Nebraska.

-Financial Consultant-Cook:Former BBR member turned Renegade alcoholic, he is the only active MO player who has been to a Nebraska tournament (he won it).

-Marketing-Bpow:An excellent up and coming Wario from Iowa, he is the best candidate for ranking Nebraskans since he is the most active player in the state.

Voting
Rob-7.7
Tyser-7
Trent-3.7
Thugz-3.7
Leroy-3.7
Mike-2.7
JBM-2.4
Aura-1.67
GameGenie-1.67
Cue—1.4
Sm3esh-.67

Suggested boss to beat 1st: LeRoy :rob: :falco:
Bio-A robot created to terminate Megaman. His weapon is shaped like a ring.
Quote: "Hands off my bread!"
Good Point: Excellent at doubles
Bad Point: Weak Armor
Like: Tranquility
Dislike: Smoke
Weakness: Mega Buster, Fire Bayonet
Weapon: Ring Twist And Tango Auto-Win adapter

Suggested Boss to beat 2nd: JBM :marth:
A robot created after a Japanese ninja. His Shadow Blade is coated with a special and deadly liquid.
"I love Melee and buttsex"
Good Point: Marksmanship
Bad Point: Lives in Iowa
Like: Personality Type A
Dislike: Sunlight
Weakness: Ring Twist
Weapon: Shadow Sword

Suggested boss to beat 3rd: MK Mike :samus2: :falcon:
Designed after a knight of medieval time. He has defeated more than a thousand robots in duel.
"Games Blunt?"
Good Point: Range
Bad Point: Lacks Knockback
Like: Fat Chicks
Dislike: Joints
Weakness: Shadow Sword
Weapon: Grapple Mace and Rush Bark Alarm

Suggested boss to beat 4th: Cue :snake:
Designed after Elec Man, one of the fastest robots Dr. Wily ever created.
"I'll die after I kill you."
Good Point: Has own place
Bad Point: Plays too much league of legends
Like: Liquor
Dislike: Broken Glass
Weakness: Grapple Mace
Weapon: Grenade Boomerang

Suggested boss to beat 5th: Thugz :pikachu2: :metaknight:
He is obsessed with gadgets and loves to browse electronic stores.
"Today I woke up...and I was ready"
Good Point: Math
Bad Point: Creepy Lush
Like: Hip Hop
Dislike: Women Trolling
Weakness: Grenade Boomerang
Weapon: Rising Plug

Suggested boss to beat 6th :Trent :sonic:
He can control gravity with the unit installed in his body.
"You're too slow!"
Good Point: Vertical depth
Bad Point: Obnoxious
Like: Chili Dog
Dislike: Dr. Robotnik
Weakness: Rising Plug
Weapon: Gravity Springs

Suggested boss to beat 7th: ResTy :dedede:
He enjoys photography and uses photos of his experiences in the arctic to raise awareness on the Internet of the importance of nature.
"LoL South Park is funny"
Good Point: Hands keep drink cold
Bad Point: Agoraphobic
Like: Asian pop dance groups.
Dislike: Non-asians.
Weakness: Gravity Springs
Weapon: Freeze grab

Suggested boss to beat Last: MegaRobMan :wolf: :link2:
A robot created for the work in an incinerator. His main weapon is called Fire Storm and his shield is amongst the most godly in the series.
"mmm,welllll, yeah, butttt...actually..."
Good Point: ****ing awesome
Bad Point: Still requires showering
Like: Cats
Dislike: Chaingrabs
Weakness: Freeze grab, Tango Auto-Win adapter (cats are his weakness).
Weapon: Fire Bayonet
DOWNLOADABLE SPECIAL STAGES

GameGenie222 :falco:
Weakness: Gravity Springs
Weapon: Pizza Theft

Aurasturm :marth: :toonlink:
Weakness: Grapple Mace
Weapon: Presidential Loins
NOTABLE MINIBOSSES

Final Voting-
#1 Rob-7.7
#2 Tyser-7.35
#3 Trent-4.35
#4 Thugz-3.8
#5 Cue-3.55
#6 MK Mike-2.35
#7 JBM-2 (fractions ahead of LeRoy)
#8 LeRoy-2
GameGenie-1.5
Aura-1
D-Yosh.5
Sm3esh .34

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
LAST YEARS RANKINGS

Reserved for

Former Rankings. A Tribute to amazing threads.
Actual Power Rankings:

There was some debate as to how we decide our power rankings, or, hell, even if we need power rankings. These issues have been resolved with the inclusion of OOS players being on our Power Rankings Panel. Here is what they have come up with.

Panelist #1: DeLux, Lawrence, KS.
DeLux said:
You guys really really really really really don't need a PR. If you guys had a larger scene and more tournaments, and maybe traveled out of region a lot it would be worth it. However, when I hear you guys bash each other (especially Thugs), you all talk about what you do in friendlies with one another. And then I always ask the question (especially to Thugs), "Was it in tournament?". And the answer is always (especially from Thugs), "No it was friendlies." At which point, I'd remind you guys (especially to Thugs), that friendlies really don't matter.

I was really tempted to put Leroy as the top Power Ranked player from Nebraska simply because for one he's legit as ****, but also I have never once heard him talk about who he's beaten in friendlies. Same kinda goes for Trent, but he talks about quitting too much. Rob is probably the best player imo, but he lost his top spot purely because he argues with Thugs on who's better based off friendlies. Obviously Thugs is the worst in this regard because to this day he still does not understand friendlies really don't matter.

Also, what's even worse is this whole "I almost beat X player" mentality. I had a serious convo with Thugs when I asked if he was getting better, and I ask him, "Did you beat (X Player)." He said, "No, but I got him to last stock." "But you still lost," I responded. "But I almost beat him." "But you still lost. Was this in tournament?" And you guessed it, "No it was friendlies." "OMFG FRIENDLIES DON'T MATTER"

This is a true story.

TLDR: Friendlies really don't matter. Winning in tournament does. And when Nebraska can win their own locals, and stop Kansas from taking their money, then they should have a power ranking

I would say it's like this:

A: GameGenie222
B: Patient MegaRobMan; Trent when he's on his game
C: Thugs when he's not super pissed off; Not Patient MegaRobMan; Trent off his game; Leroy's ROB
D: Leroy's Falco
E: DeLux
F: Thugs Super Pissed Off
Panelist #2: Cook, Columbia, MO
Cook said:
MegaRobMan said:
Cook said:
Lol, I already told you I'm not doing this.
You said you would, and this response is going to be used.
Lol, I don't remember saying that, but oh well. In my opinion there is no point in a NE power ranking because there are like 5 of you and only one of you is any good. I mean, I don't even think MO should have a power ranking and I declined Jowii's offer to be a panelist when he tried to make one. But even if I did want to make one for NE, I couldn't ignore how much cooler GameGenie222 is than the rest of you.
Panelist #3: Joker490Frozen, Des Moines, IA
Joker490Frozen said:
GameGenie222
Panelist #4: Parabeet, Darwin, Australia
Parabeet said:
Here's the deal, most of you don't remember the Brawling before Contagion 1.0 so I will fill you in on everything. Murn won the first championship. Then Dark Rain won. Then Cue won 10 tournaments. Eventually Sm3esh convinced Cue to quit playing brawl and to get back into Melee together. Tyser kept practicing and practiced doing gay brawlisms and eventually made the entire (Omaha) Nebraska competitive brawl scene quit.

Enter Contagion, a bunch of random scrubs from Lincoln came to battle the evil Tyser, who was only there to get money. GameGenie was there and oozed out style and charisma, Aura was there as he learned his foundation for tournament hostings and general altruism. Out of the group, two of the strongest founding members of the Brawl 2.0 scene played their first set of competitive brawl against each other, MegaRobMan won 2-1, though Trent out places him. Tyser walloped everyone and he walked away thinking he had done an excellent job of killing the scene again. Then, it got interesting.

I've been around the Brawl scene since a bit after the first Contagion, but ShermantheTank had been throwing brawl fests and tournaments before I arrived. Joker won about a billion tournaments as he brought people from Iowa to stomp out the lowly scrubs, and boy they did, but tournaments and people kept coming and coming month after month, and eventually Kansas came to wallop. The Nebraska SMASH scene was growing, not just Brawl as melee players were having fun interacting with all the brawl players, interplaying games even. Even Thugz and Leroy got their start at one of ShermantheTank's tournaments

Then ShermantheTank stopped caring about Brawl and moved to a smaller apartment that could NEVER host a tournament. The tournaments kept occurring over at Aura's place, but the scene just kinda stopped growing, interest dropped, randoms stopped and the ones who wanted to play got scared off by quality players sooner or later. Or maybe Iowas new players scared off the new Brawlers.

A few people play, there's still a scene.

LeRoy-He's pretty green, needs a lot of matchup experience, but he's improving fast and already impressed most of out of state. Going to school in Iowa will help a lot.

AuraSturm-Getting better, needs more out of state practice as well, Joker has expressed an interest in Aura's abilities.

MegaRobMan-Beats all of the active players in state, but can't pull out ANY difficult OOS wins.

Thugz-Improving, but he's getting way to big for his britches. I mean this in a lot of ways, as Thugz is moving to MI and will hopefully be PR'd there soon.

Trent-Unquestionably, Trent can win matchups that would be impossible for others to win, but he loses to questionable opponents and threatens to quit too often.

GameGenie-The best player in the state, he spikes everyone to death. Bird Bros!

But the scene is 6 people, maybe 8 at best, that's pretty dead.

I for one, am against this. The decline of Nebraska smash has taken away my best friend, GameGenie, my bro in feathers. It has taken away the energy from my cage. It has turned my feathers even bluer than I already hue. Please, join the quest for more Smash in Nebraska.

Also, play more Mega Man 9, it has pretty colors and a groovy soundtrack. I love to chirp the tunes.

:falcomelee::falcobrawl:
I then took all of the panelists opinions and put them into a graph, the results were astounding!***

*Please note that my cat doesn't play Brawl, only Street Fighter 2 series and Mega Man series.
**Panelist #4 was disqualified from voting on my cat, as he is afraid she's trying to eat him.

It is, without any further adieu to bring you the newest PR

Actual Rankings:
#1-GameGenie :falco::marth::ganondorf::pit::metaknight::ike: :roymelee: :random:

Honorable Mention (2 tournaments or more):

AuraSturm-:marth::toonlink:
Hills-:pit:
DarkYoshi-:yoshi:
LeRoy-::rob::luigi2::falco:
Light-:mario: :pit:
MegaRobMan- :wolf: :luigi: :marth: :link:
MK Mike-:samus: :falcon:
Silver-:pit: :sheik:
Sme3sh-:peach:
Thugz-:metaknight: :pikachu: :popo:
Trent-:sonic:

Mention (1 tournament)

Devi-:wolf: :lucario:
Echo-:ness:
HotCarl-:gw:
JBM-:marth: :metaknight:
ResTy*-:dedede: :metaknight:
ShermantheTank-:metaknight::zeldamelee:

*Won a tournament recently.

May give it a go (interested!)

Cue-:snake: :ike:
PCP-:gw:
Yancy-:peach:
Reed-:marth: :sheik: :falcon:
Others?-:random:

Social:

Be Merry and play more smash :)

And Mega Man.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah. If anyone's interested, there's this handy thread here, the regulations for setting up a actual power ranking. But if you'd like this to make something like this in the Midwest Social Board, as a joke, by all means, feel free! In all honesty, if one of the Midwest mods (Jungle, Hylian, Today, AlphaZealot) would like to reopen this thread and move it to the Social Board, that's cool. That's up to them, as I'm not one of the main MW moderators anymore. Contact them if you'd like. Until then, this was made in the wrong board. I was contacted by a user with a complaint about it and I will be closing it as such. Feel free to contact one of the MW mods concerning it if you'd like.

+1

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Tentatively reopening this thread with promise from the thread owner that certain steps will be taken to make this more legitimate.

You have a week Rob to get this together

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Let's reserve judgment until Rob gets this thread together please.

Thank you

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Did you hear the one about Thugz, lolololol....

Seriously, this thread was meant to be serious the first time and the 2nd part was the troll but was going to be fixed after we had enough Data.

What I will need is an OOS panel, I feel that it should probably be

Lux
Cook
and Bpow (who got banned, lol).

Since this is supposed to be serious, my cat(s) will no longer be a panel member but will be a consultant adviser/tie breaker panelist. Dan's bird's have been completely disqualified.

Edit: I just reread this...I'm tempted to not change anything, this thread was some of the better trolling work of the year.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
man i live in nebraska. i need to play some of these people so i can teach them how to pwn lol
Bring it on, if you seriously play Samus (in brawl) I feel sorry for you :(

i like it how it is now

brawl is a party game lets have a party thread
Future I love this thread, and don't worry, it will be saved/moved to somewhere more appropriate.

Now, to an important issue.

The NPR OOS Panel Consists of the average scores from 3 KS/IA/MO tournament members most familiar with our great state.

DeLux-BBR member and Head of the Smash Lab, and more accolades. Either him or Fino are the most capable Kansas smashers for placing the Nebraska smashers, but DeLux was on facebook. Won his first tournament in Nebraska.

Cook-BBR Member and drinking champion, he was the no brainer choice of the Missouri area to vote on Nebraska because he has ACTUALLY been to Nebraska, twice, and recently at that. Also he was on facebook at the time and has WON a tournament in Nebraska.

Bpow-Member of the banned clan, he ost his damn mind as of late, but found a new one inside of brawl as he is an excellent up and coming Wario from Iowa. Since Joker declined my offer last time, I figured he was the next best candidate since he is the most active player in the state and he can keep a check on my ability to minorly troll Thugz in this here PR.

Voting
Rob-7.7
Tyser-7
Trent-3.7
Thugz-3.7
Leroy-3.7
Mike-2.7
JBM-2.4
Aura-1.67
GameGenie-1.67
Cue—1.4
Sm3esh-.67

In state panel consists of the average of the scores from myself, MK Mike and the Nebraska Mega Man Power Rankings datacenter computer (Total money/tournaments entered vs quality wins/bad losses and whatever the BCS uses.)

Oh, and...

Rob—7.7
Tyser-7.7
Cue-5.7
Trent-5
Thugz-4
MK Mike-2
JBM-1.7
GameGenie-1.4
D-Yosh-1
LeRoy-.34
Aura-34

We then took those two scores and the ****ed and had this baby

#1 Rob-7.7
#2 Tyser-7.35
#3 Trent-4.35
#4 Thugz-3.8
#5 Cue-3.55
#6 MK Mike-2.35
#7 JBM-2 (fractions ahead of LeRoy)
#8 LeRoy-2

Honorable Mentions
GameGenie-1.5
Aura-1

Receiving Votes
D-Yosh.5
Sm3esh .34

Now, the most important thing is the theme. Obviously we are doing Mega Man Bosses. The way I want to do it is one of the three following ways, possibly all three if we get lucky.

Keeping in mind that the officially claimed Robot Masters are Shadow Man (not by me sadly) and Quick Man...

Assign by game-Someone gets a mega man 1 boss, one from 2, etc...obviously skipping mega man 7/8 and using 9/10

Assign from location on the screen-Shadow Man is in the bottom right corner and Quick Man is in the upper right. You may choose from a robot master from any game that isn't in that spot and once you chose what spot you want to be in

Assign from character attributes of our mains-Be it their weapon or how they look or elementally based.

Opinions, thoughts, remarks about any of this?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@Roller-Thugz has attended more NE tournaments this year than MI tournaments. Also this is a year end PR, I haven't prettied it up but I figured people would want to see the list before I wrote everything out, since this was PERFECT but I have to change it and do it in public because it was unlocked before I could do everything.

If Thugz/Trent/Jarell don't enter at least 50% of the local/regional tournaments to rep Nebraska basically, they will be excluded from the next PR session, but hopefully we won't need either of them because the melee players will take over brawl too.

@Cook-So, former BBR member turned bad-*** with a heart of gold?

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean. THuGz was repping MI at SiiS. And he has attended more than 4 (5 if you count him being seeded by location as MI at SiiS) recent NE tournaments?

I didn't realize you guys had that many tourneys. =o

I just find it odd that someone is eligible for multiple states PRs in the same ranking season.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This is a year end thing, yearly results PR, 2012 is a different ball game.

Thugz/D-Yosh lived in Nebraska until the beginning of September, that's more than half the year and he entered at least 5 this year in Nebraska, let alone Jokers/Kansas/Missouri repping Nebraska

As far as D-Yosh, it's like 4/2 in favor of Nebraska and Texas.

And Trent retired but still wound up ahead of everyone but me and Tyser.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Cue is the former champion of brawl back in 08/09 who went back to melee and now that there is someone to play against (i.e. me) he is becoming more active because there is a point to playing the game. He has beaten every person not in the top 4 in tournament, and I have witnessed him beat Thugz in a set before in friendlies and he has taken a few games off of me, idk about his and Tyser's brawl history other than Tyser forced everyone to quit because he played so gay back in the day too.

Top Bottom