• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recording Staff at APEX 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey guys,

As the recording coordinator for Apex 2012, I'll be managing the entire recording situation at the tourney. This thread serves two purposes:
1. to organize a list of all recording staff members
2. to organize a list of all other secondary recorders

1. Recording Staff

We did a pretty good job recording at Apex 2010, but it'll be even better at Apex 2012. This time we'll have a well-defined area for recording setups, a staggered bracket schedule, and most importantly the authority to direct top players to our own setups. Nobody gets away with playing unrecorded high-profile matches on a tiny TV in a corner of the room. Let's make this the most documented national in Smash history!

I'm looking for 16-20 people who can commit to recording bracket matches for either Melee or Brawl. Our goal is to record all bracket matches (yes, ALL of them) by assigning specific sets from early bracket to be recorded by our 16-20 staff members. Alex Strife has assured me that a staggered schedule will be used so that all early round bracket matches can be recorded... now it's just up to us to make it happen. The minimum commitment to be on the recording staff is to monitor your recording setup for the first two rounds of bracket. After that, it becomes more flexible; if you want to record more matches, then you have the power to make it happen by proactively directing top players to your own recording setup. The main focus is just the first two rounds of bracket, when so many sets are being played out everywhere that we need extra manpower to record them all.

Everyone with a recording device qualifies, but I need to know that you want to do it, because the last thing we need is someone who is careless with national tourney footage! If you care enough to record and upload quickly, then step up and post that you'd like to be on the staff. Recording staff members will receive a free meal voucher, a staff t-shirt, and of course the privilege of uploading high-profile Apex 2012 matches to their own YouTube channel.

2. Secondary Recorders

If you're bringing a recording setup but can't commit time to monitoring your setup during bracket, that's perfectly fine. You won't be on the official recording staff, and you'll mostly be recording your own pool as well as friendlies/moneymatches. That being said, we still need to check in your recording setup, so post in this thread letting us know that you'd like to be a secondary recorder. You MUST post in this thread in some capacity if you want to record at all at Apex 2012!

Melee Bracket
1. (livestream projector)
2. Juggleguy
3. Chain-Ace
4. Stabbed
5. Strong Bad
6. DoH
7. Eclipsing Binary
8. TeeAyeEye
9. TeeAyeEye
10. V3ctorMan
11. Doll666
12. arbustos
13. BC4629
14. Lance
15. King Funk

Brawl Bracket
1. (livestream projector)
2. Zant
3. Zant
4. M@v
5. Keitaro
6. Ankoku
7. Ankoku
8. WTP
9. yoshq
10. yoshq
11. Ripple
12. Ripple
13. DRDN
14. King Funk

64 Bracket
1. King Funk

Secondary Recorders

1. Supreme Dirt
2. Ussi

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is going to be awesome guys, please post if interested.

I'll be recording off of 2 setups as usual. But of course to dual record I'll need 2 TVs close enough (at most 6 feet apart) and space for the wires where no one's going to be walking over them

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If I go, I'll record Melee. I have pretty GOOD quality.

Djent

Smash Champion
Wow, this is a really cool idea, as streaming high-profile matches requires lots of organization. I think the M2K-Nairo set from KTAR 6 highlights the importance of coordinating top players and livestreamers. It's really great that you took the time to think about this and make the announcement so far in advance.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No seriously... I'm bringing an extra recording setup myself for both games independent of the livestream/projector setup, but still recording for VGBC. x_x

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can vgbc or someone else make sure the melee stream doesnt suck?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thanks for the support guys but we need you all to get on people who record and get them to help out. I will make sure the people I know will be able to do this.

BTW this will NOT go without a reward/thankyou deal. We will be working that out as we speak so that everyone gets something out of this besides views on their youtube!.

Keep posting and spread the word guys

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
We dont need a reward for recording. I mean the worst part is not bring able to use the interney while ur uploading, but being youtube famous doesnt come without sacrifice.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I kinda hate how with no infinite replays, and being a fairly meh player, I probably won't have any recorded matches from this. But w/e.

I might see about helping with Brawl, but I'd have to replace my laptop before then, so we'll see. I'd be a secondary recording setup person, of course.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How's my reputation? I can record one setup for each game, just let me free up some disk space. Also, since it looks like Brawl doesn't have quite as many, if Melee fills up then I can instead dedicate both of my laptops to Brawl.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
How's my reputation? I can record one setup for each game, just let me free up some disk space. Also, since it looks like Brawl doesn't have quite as many, if Melee fills up then I can instead dedicate both of my laptops to Brawl.
Best reputation out there in my book, haha.

I assume you want your name to be listed as Ankoku?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know a bunch of people that can record games... just not with outside commentary and sound like vgbc and zant. is that acceptable or no?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We will be ok with just recording setups for game only.

For anouku I would suggest having his two setups be for brawl since we have enough Melee as of now.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend that could possibly record SSB64 and other's if permitted, but it would have to be a filmed then uploaded rather than streamed. Also it would be filmed with an HVX rather than a capture card and a VCR to pick up game audio. I know there might be some speculation about filming with a camera on a tv but the HVX's is a really good quality camera.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Because you can save replays on brawl, most of the wii's are probably going to have infinite replay and owned by someone who has a dazzle back at home. When setting up the first day, you could get a tally from every wii owner who can do this, and put their wii's all on a good tv and have it marked.

Or, you could put out multiple SD cards, have players save their replays, and then collect them all and put everything on a single card, which could go to VGbootcamp.

There's lots of ways to do this stuff with brawl since it isn't required to be recorded on the spot like melee.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yea sorry we are trying to get nintendo then lol...you know cause that matters more than hacks.

anyways you should bring your recording setup we will have plenty of security that day and will only need brawl and melee one day a piece.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I can't find the link/post regarding recording setups or possible partnerships with nintendo.
Checked both the Tourney thread and the Apex website.
Could you provide a link?

Hacks I can understand, such as custom stuff.
But removing infinite replay as well?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
its under the table and we are in negotiations with nintendo. I do not put it up only because we want to confirm it.

As I said just bring your recording set-up. Everyone here is trying to make an effort to help our community as best as we can.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yea if you read up you actually see we talked about this already >_<

your wii can be hacked but when tournament starts we need the hacks removed.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Oh, okay.
Kinda stinks, but, if it advances the community, so be it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Not really it does not hurt anything. Just bring your systems and your recording setups and we are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom