• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KMYM 3--Reflex IS coming and is somewhat famous and Ripple plays Sheik so come!

Cook

Smash Master
Oh boy, everyone's favorite tournament venue is back! Ok, most people hate coming here for tournaments, but a couple people have been pestering me to do another one, so Future and I are urging you to give this desolate and forsaken land one more chance because you KNOOOOWWW that you have fun here!

Sooooo:
This thing will be using the Unity Ruleset because that's really just the easiest way to do it. I don't agree with every rule they use, but I do agree with the idea of having standardized rules. :DDD

This is that ruleset! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032
Read ittttt and stuff.

Those of you who have been to past KMYMs know that the tournament is only a side event, and the main event is FUN. So come prepared to throw down like an OG.

Tentative schedule:

Friday: we will have the venue all night, so show up when you can and play some games and stuff. IDEALLY we would do a side event Friday night, but no one ever shows up early enough. :(

Saturday: registration is gonna start at 10, with the goal being to have actual **** start at 11. The actual schedule for the day will depend on whether we have pools or not. For that reason, I'm not going to work out a tentative schedule until that question is resolved.

Sunday: GO HOME (but stay as long as you like)

Payouts:
If 50 or under entrants​
1st--55%
2nd--30%
3rd--15%

If over 50 entrants​
1st--50%
2nd--25%
3rd--12.5%
4th--7.5%
5th--2.5%

Address:
C.A.R.E. Building
451 North Vine St.
Kahoka, MO 63445

My phone: (660)341-8535

Money stuff:
Venue fee---$8
Entry---$10 for singles, $10 per person for doubles

Bring setups so we can play more and better! If you bring a TV then you pay no venue fee!!! Yeah, $8 discount, how awesome. If you bring a Wii that gets used then you save $3. The savings at this are AMAZING!

Cook

Smash Master
Ok, this was quickly put together, so it may be missing some things. It's also hella far away, so no one wants to talk about it yet. But there are some questions to be decided!!!

1. It is very likely that the venue fee will generate more than what it cost. What should the extra go toward? Back into the pot? Gas fund for the people that came the farthest? Maybe put it with like $50 of my own money and create a bonus for the person who places highest that DIDN'T place in the money AND came from out of state (or perhaps even from outside of KSIAMO)? The possibilities are endless!

2. Thinking about not having pools unless there are over 30 people, that way we have more time to try to do a side event.

3. Side event???

4. I think there was something else... I'll come back to it...

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, I forgot there is a Halloween that might cause lack of interest. Guess I should change the date.

Teh Future

Smash Master
LOL circuit. doesn't matter either way.

-as long as there is interest BEER PONG will be a side event. last time everyone got instantly crunk and forgot about it. which is also fun.

-if theres interest i will run a SMASH64 side event. If you want to play SMASH64 say so.

-if you want to play MELEE then express your interest. no one from the MO brawl scene plays much but there is plenty of room in the venue for friendly setups or round robin or bracket if you guys wanna set it up.

-HYPE. last kahoka was lolzy. first kahoka was WAY better bc there was about 2x the people. the MOAR people the more fun this is going to be because the venue is AMAZING. everyone houses with each other and its basically like one giant smashfest for the weekend. mad hype. IM asking for help bc I dont have internet access atm. EVERYONE whos coming should help convince other states to come. this means Midwest-EAST. Missouri is close to you guys. if enough people come from midwest-east (not likely imo) then we could setup crews which would be mad hype. midwest east/west is better balanced than ever before IMO and crews would be close.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Probably not gonna be able to go because I'm taking work off for Devastation :\

I'll try but most likely it won't work :(

Cook

Smash Master
I tried to look and see when this Devastation thing is, but I couldn't find it. When is it?

THuGz

Smash Lord
^ That looks awesome. Do you think a lot of casuals from other games will enter brawl?

DeLux

I doubt it.

Brawl is considered a joke really and most players wouldn't disgrace themselves by playing it :\

THuGz

Smash Lord
Yes but the reason I say this is because there are dance games and halo there so.... I don't think that'd be too much of an issue.

MJG

Smash Hero
This should be part of the circuit IMO. We haven't many events for the circuit.

Depending on my school schedule, I may or may not be here.

Also, you should have MvC3 has a side event (You will attract more of the KS players this way b/c most of us are losing interest in this game)!

@ Thugz: Brawl is bad.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Actually, Brawl was at last years Devastation, if memory serves. Or maybe it was the year before?

But yeah, it's harder and harder for me to be interested in Brawl with SF4 around :p

Cook

Smash Master
Hm, I don't care if MvC3 is a game if there are enough setups for it, and if someone else wants to run it (I don't know anything about it). If it's a side event then setups may not matter because we can do it after Brawl or something, as long as people bring enough PS3s/360s. It would attract IA, too.

BPx

Smash Lord
me and a bunch of iowa are definitely down for this. Let me know when the date is 100% and ill get it off work.

hype

-wang

Cook

Smash Master
I'm a fan of this.

Also, that rules set is stupid, have you seen the stage list?

As far as side event, beer pong?
What rules do you not like? And what's wrong with the stagelist?

I just now realized that they don't have a suicide rule, though. I'm guessing that means they just go by what the screen says, and if it goes to sudden death then you play out the tiebreaker. I think that's a little dumb, but not enough to vary from the recommended rules unless some people have a major problem with it.

DeLux

So wait. If Nana commits suicide, I get a free win?

I would really appreciate that rule :)
It might make me go back to playing ICs

Cook

Smash Master
I mean, if Nana's suicide somehow kills the other player. But that would mean you would have won anyway...

MetalMusicMan

Why would the initiator get the win? What possible reason would you have for that rule's existence? There isn't any reason. I used to think that was a good idea in like 2008 until I stopped and thought about how completely random and stupid it was.

Some suicide moves are based on port, some are based on fall speed / the opponent's ability to break out, some are seemingly random. As the person playing your character, it's your job to know how your move works and the risks involved. Furthermore, it only even matters on the last stock.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Starters
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Bolded stages are not neutral imo. FD heavily favors any character with a CG. Lylat and PS1 have ledges that are impossible to grab. Lylat and PS1 are minor gripes, but FD is questionable.

Castle Siege (underlined) is barely a CP stage. How can a stage with walk-offs be a neutral?

MetalMusicMan

Saying that Lylat and PS1 aren't neutral is pretty silly :\ The ledges are dumb, but it's not anything you should really be concerned about.

FD you are totally right on as far as it being a bad starter, but not for CG characters. For campy/run away characters. But people don't care because "hey it's flat, so it must be neutral!".

Castle Siege isn't the most ideal starter (PS2 might be better, but it's pretty close), but it's not a terrible one and the walkoff isn't really a big deal since the walkoff is on the most easily camped area ever.

Overall, people just get way too bent out of shape over stages imo :p

MetalMusicMan

Not that I agree with it (it's ********), but most people think "FD is flat so it = neutral" and "well we need another stage and PS2 has floaty ****, f that! uhh....... Castle Siege!"

Cook

Smash Master
If there are seven neutrals then I think FD is fine. I agree that it isn't a true neutral, so I wouldn't want it in a 5 stage list, but if you get 3 strikes then I think it's more than fine.

As for suicides, the fact that some of them are pretty much random is why I think the initiator should get the kill. If the game's system for deciding the winner doesn't make sense, then I think it's better to come up with something consistent. But it doesn't really matter what I think, because the unity set doesn't have a rule, so there won't be a rule! :awesome:

MJG

Smash Hero
Not that I agree with it (it's ********), but most people think "FD is flat so it = neutral" and "well we need another stage and PS2 has floaty ****, f that! uhh....... Castle Siege!"
FD is fine (no I am not biased towards FD). Ask anyone from Kansas, I prefer playing on Battlefield since it is my favorite stage.

@The Devastation thing: Devastation is holding brawl again this year.

I could probably get Kyle or Nate to come up and try to run MvC3...brawls been dying in kansas

Top Bottom