• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop and SWF Presents: Battle Network 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion

Gamestop and SWF Presents: Battle Network 1!​

Hello everyone! I, Sync, will be running my brand new biweekly tournament series in partnership with Gamestop! This tournament series is meant to give the veteran Houston smashers some experience while attracting newcomers to our wonderful smash scene!

Like always, we will be having a singles tournament. If time and attendance permits, we will have a redemption bracket for our new or lowly skilled players. There will be no entry fees and venue fee so that will be a little different for those who have an eye on a prize!

This tournament will however count towards the Texas Power Rankings just like any other tournament so please take this seriously guys!

Schedule:

11 A.M.
I'll arrive and begin to setup for the tournament.

12:30 P.M.
Singles bracket will begin.

During the tournament (if time and attendance permits)
Redemption bracket!

Where: 3003 West Holcome Blvd Houston, TX 77025 "Gamestop"

Parking and food: There should be ample parking spaces for everyone coming and there's lots of food nearby! The closest food source is the Chic-fil-a in the parking lot of the Gamestop.

Setups:

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE FRIENDLIES PLAYED AND HAVE THE TOURNAMENT RAN SMOOTHLY!!!!!!!

Rules

We will be using the Unity Ruleset as provided by the BBR-RC. Here is a link to the ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Sync.

Smash Champion
If you do any don't have it out or obvious about it. The liabilities is that if someone were to get salty over money, and cause damage it would be hard to place blame on the correct person you know? I know no one in the Houston scene gets salty over money like that and they have told me that they will be more open about it in the future so just hang tight.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Oh wow. Great job getting the time to be much longer this time.

Can you elaborate on the "redemption" thing? Does it literally mean another singles bracket?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Think of it like the opposite of a pro bracket.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah basically if you don't make it past "x" round you get to enter it!

The place closes at 10. I was just choosing a reasonable time. We can stay longer or shorter depending on the people.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Pretty cool.

Mystic, that was a dumb post.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Well..friendlies for rankings, I'll admit this is the first time I ever do this, I don't even know why... Oh well, we out! Lol at getting salty and start damaging the store, sounds like p4 alright, I need a ride!

:phone:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Ok that's fine and no it's not friendlies it's a tournament but with free entry. It's a serious as you guys make it.

Thanks for wanting to come Denti!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ok that's fine and no it's not friendlies it's a tournament but with free entry. It's a serious as you guys make it.
^This.

When Hobo comes around and people are like "Waaaaaaaaaah, I didn't get practice beforehand," then I'll just look at them with an "are you serious" face.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
well finally, now I don't have to stalk sync anymore.
I'll bring my setup. Lookin forward to some tasty friendlies.
BTW, lovin the no entry cost.
It is still on sat. right?

Oh yeah, and since my chaingrab is now legal....... I WIN.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ill prob go to this but i wont enter. i can help run it if u want sync

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I wanna come but I have no idea who drives >>, asking in the thread is prob not enough.
nah it'd good, I respect this trney xd, good practice, if ppl don't sandbag I won't lol either, pretty much the same thing I do with friendlies.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh yeah, I'll actually bring my recording this time instead of being a derp about it.

BioDG

Smash Ace
$5 MMs anyone? We hand out the money outside, though. Like true hustlers.

My post from hobo 33 thread can apply here, too, tho most of them probably won't be at this one. :x

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bio does money matches now?

I may be able to show up a bit earlier now (though if you are punctual, I definitely will miss singles bracket).

I'll do some 0.25 $ money matches though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smart choice.

Denti

Smash Master
So if there isn't anyone who can house me and alsm Friday night then we can't come. I'd need to know soon if someone can house us. It would be appreciated.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's spelled Chick-Fil-A, you soulless monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom