• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Not Another Zubat!!!

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
No Not Another Zubat!!! Results

1. Darklink ($114.40) :marth: :falco: :metaknight:

2. KiraFlax ($57.20) :pit: :rob:

3. Silly Kyle ($22) :peach:

4. Jard ($15.40) :metaknight: :snake:

5. Stevo ($11) :mario2: :dk2:

5. TommyDerMeister :snake:

7. Jane :olimar: :ganondorf:

7. DerpDaBerp :ness2: :luigi2:

9. Mmkay :marth:

9. :) :gw: :metaknight:

9. ForteFreak :toonlink:

9. Lance :falcon: :snake:

13. Prime93 :wolf:

13. Ellie :lucario: :zelda:

13. NickNYTE :luigi2:

13. VashEXE :snake:

17. FoxFire :fox:

17. Austin :wario:

17. Leroy :toonlink:

17. Doctor Koku

17. RKO :zelda: :pikachu2: :diddy:

17. Andy :fox:

Pools:

Bracket:

Let me know if you want a name or character change

Shoutouts later, SLEEP NOW!!!!!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Derp's name is also DerpDaBerp. and if you could add DerMeister to mine, that would be swell.

k9.

Smash Ace
Good job everyone

Silly negro good stuff man i love you

Dark HAZE!!! ****** everyone love you man

KiraFlax good stuff man i can't wait to hang out with you love you man

Jar'd

Smash Ace
wtf kira was there why didnt anyone tell me

same with jard wtf i hate you guys
You could've rode with Chris and I if you wanted to.

j/k i like 40¢ profit more than you.

Also, don't upload my matches. :)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Bigger turnout was expected but none of the people from last time came (scared them off I guess.) And everyone I called up that morning had work come up or something so eh. Still was awesome though.

:phone:

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
omg Kira <3 lets go to the hyperbolic time chamber til next tourney. train me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i may just 2nd Pit hahahaha

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Darklink: Wow you're skinny now. Eat more red meat and gravy, it's totes good for you <3
KiraFlax: It was cool seeing you again, man. If you're reading this and haven't caught up in One Piece by now, pull up a tab this instant and quit being a ****** <3
Silly Kyle: Bummer, Brotown. You know you're better, nothing much more to say.
Jard: You finally showed up. Green-hat Ness ftw
Stevo: You're pretty good at not getting grabbed lol
TommyDerMeister: Go watch AGT and The Office trailer
Jane: Glad you're back, man.
Mmkay: You should've stayed, we needed to play!
Rave: <3
:) : hahaha, you're hilarious dude. "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! ME!!!" haha happy b-day, man. Oh yeah, I just remembered those random chicks you pulled aside for the picture, too good.
ForteFreak: ...Toon Link dodgeball man? Bell? (probably didn't spell it right) Well it's fun talking with you. Make sure you go to Phoenix for the next one.
Lance: TUCSON. You did good. Military branch of our smash scene is full of win.
Prime93: Enter more, fucker :)
NickNYTE: I got raaaped in the ditto. I guess the spirit is stronger in you
FoxFire: Sorry man, Kyle's way more gay than you.
RKO: It was fun getting gas together lulx0rz

Actually ordering alcohol at restaurants is going to make these tournaments way better :bee:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
1. Darklink - Good **** as always man. But expect a fall from grace soon, Tuscon wants those spots phoenix has right now.

2. KiraFlax - Congrats on 2nd, man. It was cool to finally meet you I love your Pit and R.O.B. very legit. Remember when I was talking about the TAS videos? I never got to show you them so here's the link to the two in particular I was referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61mVaXwyHJA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHGxBYwH4XE&feature=feedu

3. Silly Kyle - You got it next time, bro. Good **** knocking Kira into losers the first time. And thanks for the gangrape at applebees too. It made me even more confident in how incredibly straight I am >_>

4. Jard - Good stuff dude, never got to play you but I would have loved to. I'm the only person I know that enjoys fighting MKs.

5. Stevo - Legit stuff. And thanks for ****** MK with DK, knew I shoulda went Gdubs, I'm more afraid of your DK than anyone else, except maybe Jane's Olimar. I realized this as soon as the ftilts started first match. lol. And Hilarious GW vs Jiggs, and Bowser vs Jiggs matches, those were too funny.

5. TommyDerMeister - Legit wins, man. I don't know what I was thinking using Marth in pools, when I know I can use MK better (and is the better character)... I told everyone I wouldn't use MK and I just decided not to give a **** in bracket. Good matches. Also same at Marvel, that was fun.

7. Jane - Glad you're back man, now i can practice even harder on that Olimar matchup. Watching you and tommy go at it Ganon and Falcon was awesome too, hype match.

7. DerpDaBerp - Coolness using Ness. You did some seriously legit stuff on Kyle and our friendlies were hella fun. When you spiked me through delfino when I was trying to shark as peach, that was hilarious, I don't know how i didnt see that coming.

9. Mmkay - Dude, you're pretty good, man. So glad I caught you guys at levelup. More people in the scene who are actually legit, I love it. I'll definitely be keeping you in the loop on all things tucson Brawl, I'm looking for a partner and I'm getting feeling Lucas Gdubs can be legit, I can keep you from getting gimped :D

9. :) - I was disappointed after getting knocked out, but it is what it is. Back to practicing.

9. ForteFreak - Good matches in pools, you're wolf just keeps getting better. I didn't even know how to fight him in the first wolf match because he changed so much since last time. That's a good thing though.

9. Lance - Good stuff using Falcon all the way, bud. Except for the obvious snake dittos.

13. Prime93 - Fun Wolf vs GW matches we had. It was cool talking to you too, man. Sorry about the sandbagging thing, I don't turn it on until bracket. But dude, catch me in bracket and we'll have some GLORIOUS matches, I promise you.

13. Ellie - Good games. Your Zelda is really good, I have no choice but to use GW because everyone else I use gets ***** lol. Wasn't expecting it to be so legit, good ****.

13. NickNYTE - Dude us black people are a trip, too ****ing funny bro. It was cool of you to drop by the tourney and support the community even if you're not a big fan of the game, that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I love everything smash, so maybe one day I'll spectate and hype one of you guyses tourneys. And yeah I hear your luigi is pretty legit now I wish I played you.

13. VashEXE - Eh, it happens, man. Oh btw, I don't really care what YOU say I felt like I could have won vs Tommy, you can't really go in expecting to lose or you'll never win. Thanks for the happy birthday I had to squeeze out of you =)

17. FoxFire - =( about the placing but =) about the Tourney stuff. Thanks for hosting a great tourney, Sean. Way to positively represent Tucson Brawl.

17. Austin - Hey, man, good stuff with Wario, you were definitely better than I was expecting, you know what to do with wario you just arent sure when the right time to do it is. Keep coming to tourneys and stuff and you'll definitely learn.

17. Leroy - My broski. You're getting better, man. You guys might beat this guy at smash but you'd never beat him at Halo, that's his real game he's just too good.

17. Doctor Koku - Sorry I don't remember you exactly...

17. RKO - Hey Vince, man, brush it off. You'll bring it hard next time for the Tucson PR =) Workin' that Zelda.

17. Andy - Remember the name but dont remember you sorry

Good **** everyone, I had an awesome time, thanks for making that an awesome birthday, sorry about the lack of doubles, next time we'll start the side event early. Chilling with everyone at applebees was very fun. Yeah, I'm gonna go practice some more.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
1. Darklink We're coming for you, be afraid

2. KiraFlax I thought you were actually trolling me when you got there, but then I saw dat Pit

3. Silly Kyle You are the head of the crusade to be the best in state...but I'm winning our private battle

4. Jard Nice stuff, but I uploading what we got, 4th is nothing to be ashamed about

5. Stevo I loved your matches, get some character diversity up in here

5. TommyDerMeister Needs more Sheen dude...also good matches

7. Jane I remember you but I only got to see your friendlies :(

7. DerpDaBerp Okay that's it, rival mode on. I am going to DESTROY that Luigi

9. Mmkay You and Bullivant need to meet up and trade Marth secrets. It was obvious you've been training for this too

9. :) I didn't get to play you :( I want to see that G&W more...

9. ForteFreak Eh you got further this tourney. Whatevs. I told you I was going to suck

9. Lance Thanks for helping with whatever you helped with. Nice using almost all Falcon, we need the manliness

13. Prime93 Thanks for showing me the holes in some of my moves :)

13. Ellie That Lucario kept me on my toes during pools. I need to learn more things about the master of aura from you

13. NickNYTE Dude it was amazing watching you adapt. Remember NYTE has the full support of Tucson Brawl courtesy of the FoxestOfFires

17. FoxFire ...stop being depressed and tired (although Applebee's helped)

17. Austin I honestly have no clue who you played (but thanks to :)'s post I know its Wario)

17. Leroy I know you want to use ToonLink against me...so do it

17. Doctor Koku Awesome seeing some AIAB rep

17. RKO Congrats to our newest officer of Tucson Brawl. I have appointed him the Advertising Executive of us

17. Andy I spam Utilt combos...

I thought about just TOing this one and not playing but I got some lessons out of it. Thanks to the entire Tucson Brawl community for being awesome!!!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I had so much fun at this tournament!! I'm really hyped for the Tucson scene. It's getting bigger and will definitely get better. Phoenix better watch the **** out!!

Applebee's afterward was HELLA fun!! Phoenix totally missed out on a really good time. We should always do this after a tournament. It's nice to go to happy hour and get a couple drinks to blow off some steam after some intense sets.

I love you guys!!

:peach:

<3

------

1. Darklink ($114.40) :marth: :falco: :metaknight:
All I have to say is… **** YOU!!! Metaknight is a broken piece of **** character and I hope he gets banned. Despite that, you’re a really good player and I hope to see your secondaries become just as good as your main in the event he becomes banned in the future. It was nice for once to see you come to Tucson rather than me going up to Phoenix.

2. KiraFlax ($57.20) :pit: :rob:
Kevin!! I was so surprised to see you here at the tournament!! In the middle of my friendlies, I kept hearing your name and I thought someone was just using your name for fun. Then I got up and I ****ing saw you and was like OMG. Our sets in Winner’s Semifinals and Loser’s Finals were hyped as ****. I am coming for dat *** next time we meet, *****.

3. Silly Kyle ($22) :peach:
Scrub. Step it up!!

4. Jard ($15.40) :metaknight: :snake:
I’m really glad that you came down and actually entered! You’re better than you think you are. Work on your mindset and control your ego. Once you’re able to get past the mental hurdle, I know you will see a big improvement in your game. Welcome to the black people power rankings!

5. Stevo ($11) :mario2: :dk2:
We need to money match. I want to **** your **** up, *****!!

5. TommyDerMeister :snake:
Finally you did better. You should have split with Stevo though, *******.

7. Jane :olimar: :ganondorf:
Glad to have you back in AZ!! I love chilling with you and I want your Olimar to become the next Rich Brown or Brood! =P

7. DerpDaBerp :ness2: :luigi2:
Yay, you broke the 9th place curse!! We need to practice more when we are both available. I understand that you’re at the U of A now and I’m taking my harder courses before I transfer back to the university. Hope you find the character that works out best for you.

9. Mmkay :marth:
Marlon!! I’m so glad we met at Level Up. You and your sister are a great addition to the Tucson scene and I see huge potential in both of you. Please come to a smashfest sometime so we can play together more often and get better faster. 

9. :) :gw: :metaknight:
I had so much fun at Applebee’s for your birthday!! I know you wanted to do better, just step it up next time. Don’t worry about what people think if you play Metaknight, or anyone for that matter. I would like to see your Peach get better too, but that’s just me hoping. Good ****, broski.

9. ForteFreak :toonlink:
Chris!!!! You were really nice and I’m glad we met at this tournament. Your passion to get better will get you far and I will be there to help you along the way. Hopefully our matches will become the standard metagame for the Peach and Toon Link matchup. I bet you will surpass Rave sometime son!!

9. Lance :falcon: :snake:
What can I say, you’re a true homie. You’re super chill and hella fun to hang around. Let’s smash sometime soon with the rest of the east side of Tucson. I want to see you take your Snake (and Falcon) take it to the next level.

13. Prime93 :wolf:
You’re a ******* *****. Thanks for the support, but **** Kevin!! I’m going to stomp his *** next time. Phoenix sucks ****!!!

13. Ellie :lucario: :zelda:
I really want to play you again super soon!! I would like to show you some pointers on your Zelda, since I am super familiar with her and she is also my low tier main. Hope to see you place higher next time after we get a good practice session in with you and your brother.

13. NickNYTE :luigi2:
Elvis!!! I ****ing love you!! I’m so hyped for NYTE next year!!! I want to help make it even better when I get the chance. I want to see people from all over attending a hyped Tucson regional.

13. VashEXE :snake:
Dude, it was nice to see you at a tournament for once for Brawl. Please come out to more tournaments!!

17. FoxFire :fox:
I’m winning. Kthxbai. <3

17. Doctor Koku :rob:
Marvin!! I’m so glad you came to support the tournament. I hope AiaB has a Brawl tourney sometime, because that would be legit. I definitely plan on visiting sometime soon since I still have my free pass to enter AiaB for free.

17. RKO :zelda: :pikachu2: :diddy:
Vincent!! You have a lot of potential. We better play soon since you live down the street from me. I like that you play Zelda, so let’s improve her while you also improve your other higher tier characters. It’s always good to be prepared.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Darklink- How dare you not eat with us afterward.

KiraFlax- Definitely a surprise to see you. how could you almost let me take first seed in pools?

Silly Kyle- if he knew better, he'd do better.

Jard- I was able to exit a building un-dipped this time as I was leaving.

Stevo- ICs fail. gg's man. next time...

Jane- friday night was ridiculous. we should play again next weekend.

DerpDaBerp- we should play fri or sat. the poppycock performance was alright man.

Mmkay- you'll definitely get to play my snake next time man.

Smiley- applebee's was hilarious. i don't care who you use against me honestly. tucson needs people that play real characters. Marvel was hella fun too. GG's.

ForteFreak- gg's in pools and bracket man. toon link is annoying.

Lance- Marvel was lots of fun man. i'll probably bring it more often.

NickNYTE- It was awesome seeing you Elvis, Ganny dittos, and Ganons vs Falcon was fun. but how dare you go to Olive Garden without me.

VashEXE- dude, you should come to the tournies in Tucson now that we have them. It was cool seeing you Ryan and Spencer. We ended up playing MvC later, too bad you guys weren't around.

FoxFire- You really need to consider using my channel for tourney vids. I've been the only person in AZ recording videos really and I already have subscribers. I don't think it makes sense to have a separate Tucson video channel using tourney vids since the whole state is looking for exposure.

Applebee's was fun, but Kyle has tricks man, he used one that night. It will be the toughest battle yet.

Doctor Koku- I didn't remember seeing you man, I would have said hi id I did lol.

RKO- It was cool seeing you man, try and go to Phoenix tourneys too.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
1. Darklink Hey DL! Nice to see you again! You look younger and smaller every time I see you! Try to eat a little more, will ya? Good job on winning this time over! Kyle's comin for that AZ tho!

2. KiraFlax - Hey Kira! Sorry I forgot who you were at first. Gotta say, there was so many faces at Gen2, it was hard to remember everyone, but you are a cool dude, so I can wait to chill with ya again :D

3. Silly Kyle - Kyle, why are you so silly? You and that peach. If it doesn't beat me in Brawl, it beats me in Melee. I love you, man. *hugs*

5. Stevo ($11) Nice DK there, son. I haven't fought the great white ape for a long time since I was one of the kings of Tucson Brawl in 2008. Good playing you.

5. TommyDerMeister - I'll take you to OG next time :D ENDLESS SOUP AND BREADSTICKS?

7. Jane Jane, your back looks like a woman, but your face looks like a man. Stop confusing my pants, dude.

7. DerpDaBerp - Luigi Dittos aside (lawl), I had some real fun playing ya. Cant wait to see you again, and maybe you can teach me some things with Luigi that I've forgotten.

9. Mmkay - Nice playing you at the tournament as well. Enjoy them Ganny stomps? lolol

9. :) - I know right, us black people. Loud as all hell. Did you get me actin a fool on tape? lolol!

9. ForteFreak - Our matches were hard as hell, and gratifying. It was back and forth, and you got me in pools and tournament. It was a blast playing you, and I will be back next time over :D

13. NickNYTE - What are you doin man!? This isn't Melee! Well, at least you used the tag, so everyone knew which game to convert to. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

13. VashEXE - Simon, did I ever tell you how much I love Nia? Don't hurt my daughter boy - LordNicknyte

17. FoxFire - The Foxest of Fires

17. Austin - Texas. Sorry, couldn't resist.

17. Doctor - That's AIAB dude. Awww man. I can beat you in smash, but you can beat me twice as hard in SFIV. Nice to see you as always man, and btw, that was totally a date. Girl doesn't know walking in the park with a dude = date :D

17. RKO - RKO, good to play ya. Be careful. Make sure you learn to control your gamer's rage, and not rely on rolls to get you out of a sticky situation. Overall, I am happy we played. I had tunz off fun!

To everyone else I didn't mention/forgot: Sorry! I am happy I met you guys tho!

Conclusion: Although I play a different game, in a different city, and come from an older clique of players, we all play smash, regardless if it is brawl, or melee. I didn't come to Tucson to bash brawl, but to embrace the community with open arms, and let them know that I am not a man of prejudice although others in my community are not as forgiving. As with Silly Kyle, he is on both Brawl and Melee's State PRs and he does not bash either game, so never think the Melee community in total hates you. Even if you guys are the brawl community, and I am the melee community, together, we will always be the SMASH community.

Top Bottom