• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOM 12 Results! -- New Orleans, LA -- August 27th, 2011

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
NOTHING TO DO SMASH SATURDAY
I honestly expected even less people to show due to MechaCon, but we did have an ok amount of people, not to mention a few new faces! And I did allow MK to be used due to the low attendance. I expect to have much more people (and setups) at the next NOM!

Brawl Results:
$5 entry
Bracket Image
1: Lee :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :dedede:
2: JNig :warioc:
3: Li-D :falco:
4: BSP :sonic: :luigi2: :mario2:
5: Blaise :snake: :mario2:
5: Brawlman1000 :sonic:
7: Battousai :peach: :marth: :metaknight:
7: Kit Kat (Adam) :diddy: :dk2:
9: Forte :snake:
9: Nova :bowser2: :pit: :ganondorf:

Newcomers Scuba and Loki entered pools, but couldn't stay for bracket.

Pool Results:
Pool 1

Pool2

Melee Results:
$3 entry
Bracket Image
1: Lee :foxmelee: :marthmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
2: freddy :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
3: Arc :falcomelee:
4: Blaise :peachmelee: :icsmelee:
5: coby :luigimelee:
5: jiovanni :sheikmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Candul :falconmelee:
7: yun :samusmelee:
9: bryan :marthmelee:
9: richard :foxmelee:

Shoutouts:

Lee- I'm getting closer and closer. I understand that you have to do what you have to do to win, and as long as it's within the rules, go for it. By playing the best you have, you're exposing the mistakes I must correct to get better, so I could care less if you time me out. Maybe if I did ban MK I would've won, hehehe. Great matches, as always.

Li-D- Good job getting to Loser's Finals. I get the feeling you think "autolose" when you have to play me. Let's play friendlies or seriouslies next tourney so you'll get the Wario MU down.

BSP- I HATE LUIGI (and his upsmash)!!!! I feel like I have to either play hit and run, which means I can do like 2-hit combos and that's it, or I have to time you out, and my playstyle prefers the former, which means more risks for me! Playing against your Sonic, there were a few habits that I took advantage of. If you recognize those habits and change/eliminate them, you'll get better in no time.

Blaise- An OG Louisiana Smasher. Glad to see you came all the way out to NO for a tourney! That's real dedication.

Brawlman1000- Funny how in both the wins I got, there were 37 seconds left. But man do you have some patience! That gimp the second match you got was really nice, it basically won the match for you. I was shaking a bit after our set, and I haven't done that in a while!

Batto- So many people's nicknames that start with B! I don't know if you used MK at all, but if you did use him against the people you lost to, would you have won instead?

Adam- Lol if you think I'm gonna put you down as Kit Kat with Marth, so I'm just gonna call you out on it instead. Could you please get my Brawl back? Nice real ***** Ash outfit haha. You said you were feeling DK the other day, but all I saw you play was Diddy. Why?

Forte and Nova- Appreciate you guys coming out. I believe I've seen you two before at another tourney, but I can't remember which one. Anyways, I hope to see you two at some more!

Loki and Scuba- We haven't had new guys in a while, so it'd be awesome to see yall come to more tournies! We usually have one at Dibbz the last Saturday of the month, and if we have any other tournies, you can find them in the Tournament Listings sub-forum, or follow the LA thread for info and talk about other random stuff.

Arc- You just had to start sooooo late, huh? It's ok, you ran Melee pretty well, and good job getting third! I watched your matches with Freddy, they were pretty close. I like the progress you're making!

Everyone else- I appreciate your decision to come to NOM instead of MechaCon, and definitely next time we'll have more people and setups to play on. Next time I'll have the thread up a lot sooner so people can plan for it ahead of time. Hope you all had a blast!

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
I didn't have any good tourney matches where I could've went DK. I played him a lot in friendlies though. I'm gonna start playing more diddy for MSU coming up. Btw when are you gonna start organizing it?

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
The tourney was fun and now its time for some shoutouts.

Lee: We didn't play but u would have beaten me anyways. Great job winning Brawl and Melee. Also your Sonic vs Adam's DK was awesome!

JNig: My set with u was probably the most heart-stopping set I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I was shaking more than u after it lol. Anyways great tourney man.

Li-D: Your Falco is to good.

BSP: Your Mario is waaaay to good.

Blaise: I don't think we played but we tied for 5th so good stuff.

Brawlman1000: Good job getting 5th keep it up!

Battousai: We had some pretty cool matches in pools keep training dat Peach!

Adam: Your Diddy > Donkey Kong anyways nice matches man.

Forte: You've got a pretty good Snake and Mario keep training em.

Nova: Was that u that said Sonic is overpowered?:glare:

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
My melee chars (that won matches) were Peach and Ice Climbers and my brawl chars were only Snake and Mario. BSP won with Mario also in brawl and speaking of that, I watched every tourney match that wasn't going on while I had to play and BSP vs Brawlman1000 was by far the best one. Maybe I'm just biased towards the Mario vs Sonic matchup (when they're not at the olympics) but that was a nail biter.

Thanks to Jnig and Arcadia for filling Ran's shoes and for running the event even while MechaCon was going on. Thanks to Lee for tipping me off that we could still make it to dibbz on time and thanks to Arcadia for driving us there and to Jio for driving us back and taking us to that awesome bar. I'm not too big on the anime stuff so it was good to have a change of scenery after being in that gaming room for so long. GGs to Coby Freddy Arc Richard Lee Jnig Adam and Li-D, always fun to compete with you guys. Wish I would have been to a NOM earlier, dibbz is pretty sweet and the fighting game players who show up randomly are pretty damn good. It's like the 2011 version of the local arcade.

BSP

Smash Legend
Nothing new here. I'll force you off your sandbag characters eventually

But then when I do, I'll just get wrecked by MK. Gotta work on that solid secondary...GGs anyway.

Yep, the Mario bros do have really annoying Usmashes XD. I may just stick to luigi from now on vs you just because he has the priority to deal with wario's shenanigans and the power to finish him off.

Thanks for the ride. I think that my sonic and my mario both have a chance agaisnt your falco, so i didn't feel like I was holding myself back in our last match. That was actually my first time using mario in a while...I may start using him again if I don't run into many MKs. GGs

Ok, quotes take too long

4: BSP :sonic: :luigi2: Quit placing right out of the money

5: Blaise :snake: :mario2: ? We didn't play this time around, but it was nice seeing you man.

5: Brawlman1000 :sonic: GGs. I still think Sonic can stomp mario a bit. You'll get the MU down soon enough. I'm never sonic ditto'ing you again unless something big happens lol

7: Battousai :peach: :marth: :metaknight: ? GGs. When I was chasing you in the air when you were peach, i kept landing bairs. Mix it up some and you'll be fine.

7: Kit Kat (Adam) :diddy: :dk2: ? We played one friendly i believe. Nice seeing you and gg

9: Forte :snake: GGs, and come out to more tournaments! For vs. Sonic, like I said, pull nades out a lot more, and you're lower his mobility options a bit, trust me. Keep coming out and you'll get better. Plus, La. smashers are awesome

9: Nova :bowser2: :pit: I'm not sure if we played, but I think you went Zelda against me. I don't have much advice for zelda, sorry, but check around SWF and I'm sure you'll find some. Come out more!

Also, I used Mario

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Some dude called Nova he sucks lol jk. Nova also went Ganon against me.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Added the bracket and pool images WOO!

BSP, if you feel you have a better chance with Luigi, go right ahead. I look forward to it, we need the MU exp!

Blaise, yeah, when I saw them two meeting up in bracket, I made sure I could watch it. They are neck and neck with each other, and that's always fun to watch. We always have NOM's on the last Saturday unless some bigger tourney is on the same date, so you're welcome to come anytime!

Skaterbaj, the best LA results lurker ever. Or Lee fanboy, take your pick.

Savon, the person closest to both MechaCon and NOM without going to either.

The callouts.

Top Bottom