• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop and SWF peresents: Battle Network 1 Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Once again a big thank you to everyone for coming out to this tournament new and old! This tournament was held at Gamestop on August 27th 2011 with Brawl singles and doubles with free entry.

Brawl Singles 1v1 18 entrants

1: UltimateRazer: :snake:/:fox:
2: Trela :lucario:
3: Pwii :metaknight:/:falco:/:dk2:/:rob:/:gw:
4: Jerm :toonlink:
5: Gnes (forfeit because he left early) :wario:
5: Smoom :popo:
7: Tesh :sonic:/:metaknight:/:pt:
7: Sync :metaknight:
9: Since :diddy:
9: PJ :toonlink:/:metaknight:
9: Mocha :zelda:
9: Bio :zerosuitsamus:
13: GRiP :kirby2:
13: Deox :samus2:/:falco:
13: Diska :snake:
13: Leaf :pikachu2:
17: Nite_Wolf :marth:
17: Kilik :sheik:

Brawl Doubles 2v2 9 teams

1: Sync+Trela==:metaknight:+:lucario:
2: RT+UltimateRazer==:lucario:+:gw:/:marth:
3: Bio+Tesh==:zerosuitsamus:+:metaknight:
4: Pwii+PJ==:metaknight:/:kirby2:/:toonlink:/:pit:/:wolf:+:metaknight:/:toonlink:
5: Xyro+Smoom==:samus2:/:rob:+:wario:
5: Diska+Mocha==:gw:+:zelda:
7: Kilik+Nite_Wolf==:sheik:+:marth:
7: Leaf+Since==:pikachu2:+:pikachu2:
9: GRiP+Deox==:kirby2:+:samus2:/:falco:

If I messed up anyone's characters please let me know!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Razer also used MK and Marth (once) in dubs.

Razer also used Fox once in Singles.

Tesh also used MK and PT in Singles.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I went ALL :metaknight: in doubles.
My PT got *****, but I guess you can put Ivysaur up there for taking a stock off Razer.....
Tesh :sonic: :metaknight: :ivysaur:

are you gonna put up the bracket?

NearZzz

Smash Lord
pwii never went dk in dubz only singles.

he went tl,pitwolf and the others u see up thee.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
nah I couldn't adapt to uair/nair from MK fast enough lol. ggs though, maybe I'll do better a different time. You're very kind Sync :)

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I used rob and gnw in singles too to advance xd. Lol mahn****ingwolfwasgoing in tho !!

Lol John numbers calculating the pot and ****, *****h the money went to inui's car. Sike nah lol it was free entry.

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pwii! you can use pit! pit ditto MM as well as your MK vs my pit.

PIT TRILOGY of TEXAS: esca to the north, pwii to the east, maharba to the south.

WELCOME TO TEXASs.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Uggggggh I have so much I need to sharpen up before hobo 33.

Thanks for teaming with me, Tesh.

lol Sync you shuttle loop after me sooooooooooooooo much

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow I hate you RT it's hard to keep track of Keith's characters
Well, if you were a good TO, it shouldn't be hard.

DEAL WITH IT.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
next time you host a tournament, please put me and Mocha on opposite sides of the bracket. I don't want to forfeit matches. ._.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Idk if you guys were on the same side of winners, but you can NOT control what happens in losers bracket. It's all determined by what round and what part of the bracket you are in that you lose first.

Just really sucked you were on the same side of losers =/

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Idk if you guys were on the same side of winners, but you can NOT control what happens in losers bracket. It's all determined by what round and what part of the bracket you are in that you lose first.

Just really sucked you were on the same side of losers =/
ohai Razer

I know what you're saying and I dealt with it. I just hope in the future that people put me and her on opposite sides of the starting brackets so that we won't run into each other in losers so quickly. It sucks cause I want to do my best, but it would be cruel to put my girlfriend out, so I have to forfeit in such situations. I just would rather have both of us try our best, so I'm asking that in the future people can help us with that. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Where you end up in losers bracket is determined by when you lose in winners bracket. The TO has no control of what happens in losers, because it can't be 100% predicted what will happen. All it takes is one upset...

Also, it was a pretty small tourney, so you once you get to top 10, your chances of fighting someone you know increases.

Keep in mind, most TOs care more about accurate seeding due to skill rather than personal relationships. You can't let personal bias cloud accurate tournament results. It's just how it is.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ohai Razer

I know what you're saying and I dealt with it. I just hope in the future that people put me and her on opposite sides of the starting brackets so that we won't run into each other in losers so quickly. It sucks cause I want to do my best, but it would be cruel to put my girlfriend out, so I have to forfeit in such situations. I just would rather have both of us try our best, so I'm asking that in the future people can help us with that. :)
I have knocked my girlfriend out of several tournaments, and she knocked me out of doubles once lol.

It's not cruel in the slightest, you are at a competition you shouldn't go easy on each other. If you do decide to forfeit to your girlfriend, you definitely shouldn't complain about it on the forums as it was your decision. If you two really have a problem competing against each other you probably shouldn't both be entering the tournament in the first place lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, with Hylian on that. Right now no one is really going to care that much, but that would actually count as bracket manipulation. This is only your first tournament in Houston and I'm sure you will quickly make friends with alot of people and you can't just forfeit to people. Just gotta fight and let the bracket run its course.

Though I 100% feel that seeding by location makes for a more hyped bracket if possible. Gives you that "home team vs visitors" feel.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'm just saying it makes me feel bad to put her out so early. It's hard for me to be encouraging after the tournament if I'm the one who puts her out, especially if it's like right away.
It would be nice if people were understanding and helpful about this. Just saying.
w/e.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think multiple people just explained that what happens in losers can't really be controlled or predicted.

We understand what you're saying.

We can't do anything about it...because, well, we can't do anything about it.

Not sure how to make it more clear...

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd personally find it less encouraging that you are so certain you would win that you don't even give her a chance to beat you. In any case I wouldn't worry about placing poorly at a tournament that small. I can probably find you results from this year of Houston PRed players placing last at below 20 person tournaments.

Also Sync can I be a referee and hand out fake yellow cards at tournaments?

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I think multiple people just explained that what happens in losers can't really be controlled or predicted.

We understand what you're saying.

We can't do anything about it...because, well, we can't do anything about it.

Not sure how to make it more clear...
I understand that. I just ask that in the future, we get seeded so that we wouldn't run into each other unless we both proceeded a good ways into the tournament, at least 4 matches or something. AKA different sides of Winner's bracket.

@ Tesh
I can beat her if I want easily, she has major issues with my Olimar, even though I help her practice that matchup all the time, she can rarely beat me when I use him. The matchup is almost impossible for Zelda and it doesn't help that I know exactly how to beat every option she has lol.

Trela

Smash Lord
I think she'll make a fine player someday, if she keeps this up, that is. She's awfully limited by her character, though, but who knows what she's capable of?

At the very least, she'll pass you up.

Top Bottom