• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Wavedash 9/3/2011

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Singles

1: Tirno ($63.00)
2: Kal ($31.50)
3: Reqy ($10.50)
4: MT
5: JF
5: JOS
7: Sethlon
7: Admiral
9: Anupam
9: Justin
9: perfectengrish
9: GlibbyGlobby
13: JCast
13: Mousse
13: Vash
13: Tarzan
17: eMiLy
17: Denti
17: Gar
17: White kid
25: Nate Chan

Doubles

1: Blarabs (Kal + Tarzan) ($56.00)
2: Pure Platinum (Tirno + Reqy) ($16.00)
3: Houston Classic (Sethlon + Kalo) ($8.00)
4: Curry Con Carne (JOS + Anupam)
5: Hannah <3s White Power (GlibbyGlobby + Foof)
5: Mango Smoothie with Lychee Jelly (Admiral + MT)
7: Atheist Jesus Freak (JF + perfectengrish)
7: Justin and Vash - the Team (Justin + Vash)

Kal

Smash Champion
Tirno - Nice job beating me, and congrats on your first tournament win.

Reqy - Let me know if you even read this. >_>

MT - Good **** in the tournament, man. You did a nice job against Tarzan (beating Fox on Onett with Marth is a hell of an accomplishment). You played very solidly against Reqy, and we both agree (here's the scrubby, not-playing-to-win, super john-heavy part of my post) that you essentially (should have) won the set. It's too bad you lost the kill on that fourth match. Regardless, you did very well against him, which shows that your Marth has improved greatly. Thanks for letting me use your laptop (but I'm bringing my own mouse next time >_>).

JF - Also don't think you'll read this.

JOS - Oh my ****, nicely done beating Sethlon. Your Falco has gotten way better. In the future we will work on your approach game a bit (because I kept getting you with full-hop bairs with Fox), but I'm very impressed by your performance at this tournament.

Sethlon - Always good to see you, Alex. Sorry you didn't do as well as you had hoped. Hopefully next time we can watch Batman.

Admiral - I don't think we played at all, Hannah, but nice job placing 7th. I hear you did pretty well against Reqy, too.

Anupam - Always nice seeing you. We need to work on keeping your cool during tournaments, since you choked pretty hard against JF. Hopefully I'll see you at the next smashfest.

Justin - Thanks for coming! I enjoyed our discussions on Friday, and I'm glad you noticed that at least some of the banned stages in the MBR Ruleset are still plenty viable to play on.

perfectengrish - There is no smasher more fun to have around than you, man. You always have an atmosphere of fun when you play. However, we didn't play smash at all and I don't remember your main so I won't comment on anything smash related. It was fun hearing you go ape-**** about going to Pluckers.

GlibbyGlobby - Always great to see you. I hear you did pretty well and that you've improved a lot. We've never played, so hopefully next time we'll get to play some.

JCast - We didn't get to play much. Hopefully we'll be seeing you at future smashfests.

Mousse - Mousse, like the food. And the hair product.

Vash - Great meeting a new player, and hopefully we'll be seeing you more often! I remember you asking how to play Marth vs. Sheik, and since Reqy is our resident awesome Sheik, and I am the resident awesome Marth, it's a matchup we should be able to help you learn.

Tarzan - We won teams because we're awesome. Also thanks to Pokéfloats, which it seemed no one knew how to play but us. <3

eMiLy - It was nice meeting you. Looking forward to see you at another tournament.

Denti - Thanks for bringing Dallas! I'm glad to see that you're picking up Melee.

Gar - Nice seeing you again, Ivan. My hope is that we will slowly but surely steal all the Houston players, turning Austin into the best city by default. But luckily we have Tirno if we ever need to settle which city is the best with actual gameplay.

White kid - Hopefully you're Kalo, otherwise my shoutout is going to be a little peculiar. Whatever; Kalo, you're still a fascist, but thanks for coming to Austin, and for bringing Houston with you. You brought Tarzan who really brought the **** in teams. I know you didn't do as well as you wanted, so hopefully you'll do better at the next one. If I see you before then we can work on the Marth matchup.

Nate Chan - We didn't get to play at all, but I still hate you for interrupting my singing. Expect payback at future tournaments.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming, and in particular Houston and Dallas for trekking here from so far away. I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament.

It's also come to my attention that I did a very poor job seeding the event. This is in part due to lack of sleep and the event running a bit behind schedule, but largely due to user error (particularly the way Tio seeds players based on their rankings). I hope the event wasn't ruined for anyone (outside of some peculiar placings, like 25th in a 21 man tournament, it seemed mostly ok). I apologize for this, and will definitely try to do a better job of seeding future tournaments.

nateychan

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, Nate Chan in 25th! Where you guys at!

Nate Chan - We didn't get to play at all, but I still hate you for interrupting my singing. Expect payback at future tournaments..
Wish I coulda stayed haha, was family & friends vs melee. Bad matchup for melee imo, f&f got mad shield pressure

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for hosting Kal, it was really fun and you're super hilarious!

GGs everyone!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shout outs to come, just wanted to let you guys know I'll be uploading the Reqy vs MT and Kal vs Tirno sets sometime relatively soon.

MT_

Smash Ace
Tirno - Congratulations on your first win! All that MT practice coming into use.

Kal - Next time we should play more friendlies. Also, I need Marth practice. And Roy practice.

Reqy - Really good set >_> I don't really remember the fourth match; I don't feel like I choked even though every said I did, just felt like I got outplayed. NEXT TIME I'll get you!! And friendlies next time!

JF - I was hoping to play you in tourney but I guess the bracket didn't want that to happen. I think you would have won if we played, so I guess me out-placing you was just bracket luck haha.

JOS - Good stuff beating Sethlon. And stop losing to Marth lol. Next tournament bring the CD for Gamebridge so we can reinstall it on my laptop >_> sorry I uninstalled it lol.

Sethlon - !$@$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$@$!@#$!@#$!@$!@$#@!#$!@#$!@#$!@#

Sethlon (cont.) - Thanks for recording stuff! Really going to enjoy my set with Reqy and also seeing me get up-smashed to whatever to up-smash combo'd on the left side of Battlefield. Our set was really fun and you completely dominated me. But next time... bwahhahahaha. And **** Falco =)

Admiral - Best placing in Houston!!! Great stuff in bracket actually, and fun teamsies. I choked pretty hard versus Jose and Anupam but I think we did pretty good regardless.

Anupam - We should play friendlies next time! I haven't played one on one against you since... two years ago...haha

Justin - New players! Keep on coming and we'll play friendlies next time!

perfectengrish - Hey if you really want to get better I think you definitely have the potential! Sorry I was rooting against you so bad in your set with Hannah haha, but you definitely have the potential to get good IMO. Just got to push it smartly and play more! Friendlies next time =)

GlibbyGlobby - I'm so happy I won versus you LOL. I know you're getting better and next time will be harder but don't you think that I'm sleeping on you. I got that Tirno practice hahahaha.

JCast - Good to see you again man! Let's get some friendlies in next time haha. Jester 3rd floor trio reunion!??!?

Mousse - Hey awesome to see you show up haha. See you in Philosophy discussion.

Vash - It was nice to meet you, as new players are always a pleasure. Next time let's play friendlies!

Tarzan - Good **** in doubles man. In singles next time you play me you should try out Falcon, seriously. I suck against that character lol.

eMiLy - Thanks for coming all this way from Dallas! It was fun having you and I hope you enjoyed the tournament (though we didn't really play, haha).

Denti - Hey your Jiggs isn't looking half bad. I'm happy to see you picked up Melee and honestly your Jiggs is pretty solid off-stage. Keep playing and you'll become good in no time!

Gar - Bracket ****ed I guess, haha. Sheik mains deserve it! =P

Kalo - /trollface.jpg

Nate Chan - Good to meet you! Unfortunately you had to leave early, (what? who prioritizes football over melee? blasphemy!) but looking forward to seeing you at future smashfests and stuff.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
1: Tirno - good **** edgar. looks like you are moving up after being beneath the top players for a little while. congrats on your first tourney win. go falco!
2: Kal - good stuff as well! you should teach me how to own marth all the time. I'm happy that at least I wasn't fourstocked like our last two tourney meetings >.> I pulled some sweet combos on you when you let yourself be combo'd.
3: Reqy - you don't take time to reciprocate shoutoutz >.>
4: MT - damn! marth is too good. I felt like our difference in skill wasn't that great this time around but you still 3-0'd me. I got way too confident on comboing you. you definitely looked a little out of practice. so I expect you to do better and better in subsequent tourneys - good shiz. also, good **** ****ing up all of loser's. hahahaha. so many placings i would consider abnormal because of you.
5: JF - read reqy
5: JOS - go go me for lucky brackets.
7: Sethlon - hey mate. you're damn good. my plan was to avoid head-to-head combat and i guess it worked. did I do good banning fd? I don't know the roy matchup at all and I felt like that was the right thing to do. you're dancing blade is too good and I don't know how you manage to grab me every single time that I try to pressure. lame!
also, where'd you get that recorder thing?
also, can you upload our matches? I wanna see what went wrong first match in contrast to the second.
7: Admiral - hahahaha you beat brandon. good ****. wobble me in friendlies, it's what's gonna happen in tourney if we ever do meet so I wanna learn to avoid the grabs.
9: Anupam - dang anupam. i thought glibbyglobby was gonna give you a hard time since he's pretty damn good, just nobody knows. loved teaming with you. sorry for messing up so much in some matches. your experience in doubles was really apparent. we'll **** next time in singles and doubles.
9: Justin - you're good and I wanted to play friendlies but there was always something. lame! next time for shizzle.
9: perfectengrish - hahahaha don't take girls lightly dude. hopefully you won't get overconfident next time. I still feel like you haven't found your main just yet.
9: GlibbyGlobby - you're way good bro. we were going back and forth and that was neat since I didn't expect it. nice surprises all around.
13: JCast - it's good to meet you once again. keep coming to our tourneys and you will quickly be owning fellas. I was pleasantly surprised to see the drive you had to play this saturday.
13: Mousse - wtf moose play moar
13: Vash - I don't know if you had a good time, all you mentioned was how it was a waste of money. sorry if wasn't worth your money ='(. if you don't like tourneys just come for the friendlies.
13: Tarzan - dang you ***** me first match. I didn't know corneria was a good stage for fox! you had a very good reason that I hadn't really thought about. 'twas a close set.
17: eMiLy - didn't play you but you seemed like you were having fun. that's all I ask for any attendee.
17: Denti - good **** for coming! I thought I could take you with dr. mario but I got curbstomped. keep at it. i have a question, do you play puff because she is kinda floaty like brawl characters?
17: Gar - what happened dude? get brackets like me next time, and you'd place at the top.
17: White kid - kalo? you funny. i felt like you were trying to hustle me. serious money match next tourney we're at. no secondaries.
25: Nate Chan - dang you left me cold and empty inside. and broken and hollow. texas fight!

Kal

Smash Champion
José, we'll work on the Marth matchup. Banning FD against Roy is a good idea for spacies if you're not ridiculously campy, as Roy has chaingrabs there (and they're actually better than Marth's). But, if you are super campy, Roy is unable to touch the spacies, especially Falco. So it's a bit peculiar; the matchup is absurdly bad for Roy on FD provided the spacies play extremely campy, but otherwise it's his best stage.

You could argue that powershield shenanigans allow for Roy to do better against Falco there than Fox, but that's not a practical problem in my opinion.

Also, Corneria is actually sort of the classical Marth/Fox counterpick. It's a very strong stage for both characters; Fox can run away and laser and kill of the top quite easily. Marth can kill off the top and really abuse the fin at the bottom right with up-B.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Tirno - Congrats on your first win. Thanks for driving us around and taking us to that awesome burger place.

Kal - I look forward to Kevin's production of Perfect Kalibration, a compilation of your recorded rants.

Reqy - Your hair was crazy awesome. Also GGs.

MT - Thanks for housing us. It was a lot of fun teaming with you. I never expected to enjoy playing on janky stages so much.

JF - I don't think we played outside of doubles, but it's always nice seeing you.

JOS - I'm trying to break my wobbling habit, not take it to friendlies lol.

Admiral - ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt

perfectengrish - It was fun playing you. Thanks for not choosing janky stages.

GlibbyGlobby - I expect you to fulfill what I stated in Kal's shout out. And don't worry, I'll remember to donate to The Smash Brothers.

Tarzan - Congrats for your doubles victory. Please don't quit .

eMiLy - United IC Sisters of Texas :D

Gar - It was nice seeing you. I know it's on a Sunday, but you should try to come down for the Rice game night.

Kalo - Thanks for cheering for me. Sorry about your bracket.

Alex - It sucks that you didn't make it in time for singles. I hope you made it back to Houston safely. I probably should have confirmed that you did XD

Kal

Smash Champion
Wait wait wait, my rants are recorded somewhere? I somehow feel as though these rants would be less well received by those who are not my fans, i.e., everyone but Kevin.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
1: Tirno - GOOD JOB ON THE WINS. I can't wait to see the recording of Grand Finals. Good seeing you and thanks for the Falco tips.
2: Kal - LOLKAL. Just getting to hear you rant made the trip to the tournament worth it. Hope you don't plan to let Tirno run away with the victory next time, though. As much as I enjoy seeing Falco win, I want to see some rivalry between two of my favorite Austin players. :awesome:
3: Reqy - Don't think we weren't watching your first game against Hannah. We were all there. It's burned inside our minds. I shall very soon get started on carving the hieroglyphs into my dorm's walls that will depict the victory for all posterity to see.
4: MT - HMPH. Thanks for housing the Houston carpool all by yourself and thanks for those chocolate wafers you gave me, though. I'll work hard to improve so that our rematch won't disappoint. Good **** and **** Von.
5: JF - My DK will be better than yours one day. Oooonneee of these days. Not that anybody cares about the Metaknight of the low tiers, BUT IT'S IMPORTANT TO ME. Anyway, it was good to see you again. We need to play more friendlies so I can see the workings of an anti-MT Falco. :awesome:
5: JOS - Our friendlies were so much fun. We should try to get more in next time. I'll be sure to watch out for you if we ever meet in bracket.
7: Sethlon - WE NEVER PLAYED OUR FRIENDLIES :mad:
7: Admiral - Thanks for the ride and the housing. That ranch house was so nice. :) And thanks for letting me hold the bear at the bunkhouse. Be sure to pay attention to what you've learned after each tournament so that you don't forget. And try not to let Von talk you into stupid things after every tournament. :glare:
9: Anupam - Fun set, man. If you plan to really get back into the game, I'll be sure to watch out for you next time. If you switch up just a few things in your game, you'll be a killer in no time.
9: Justin - You murdered my DK, LOL. Guess I deserved it...good set.
9: perfectengrish - You rock. :bee: You're just as fun to have at a tourney as you were at NSIC.
13: JCast - ?
13: Mousse - ?
13: Vash - ?
13: Tarzan - Maybe if I learned the ways of the Tarzan I would be good at teams. :oneeye: Congrats on the win.
17: eMiLy - Maybe we should play next time around. 8D
17: Denti - Good luck with picking up Melee. :awesome:
17: Gar - My goal is to have my DK be better than your Sheik by the end of the year. BEST WATCH OUT FOR THAT. Or I'll make you the second person to lose to my DK in tournament.
25: Nate Chan - Your Sheik didn't seem too bad when I saw it play (I think it was against JF?). Keep with it!

Alex (Foof) - We're absolutely horrible in teams, LOL. Always fun to play with you, though. Try to show up to more Smash events. On time. :glare:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Alrighty, got them vids up.
Grandfinals; Kal vs Tirno

and Reqy vs MT

sethlonnnnn!!
Suuuup!

Shout outs time.

Kal - Thanks for hosting this! I had a blast. The housing was awesome too, I could stay up all night just chatting smash stuff with you. The stages weren't so bad IMO, they didn't really change the outcome of any of my sets. Except maybe that double fox on Onett in teams...:( I'm looking forward to the next time we head down there. Batmaaaaaaaaaan!

Reqy - Man, its been a while. Since what...Final Smash 2? Whew. We'll have to get some games in next time. Tell me if Golden Axe is any good!

MT - Upsmash combos are the best combos. :colorful:

JOS - Good games! Like Kal said, FD is good and bad. Camping falcos are hard to get a hold of, but roy's chain throw hurts real bad. The recording device I was using is a Pinnacle...not actually mine, something a roomate of mine (UTDzac) picked up a while back off of some online sale.

New Roy Avatar - Where have you been all my life? :love:

Dallas Carpool - It was lots of fun, guys. Thanks for driving me all over the place, especially to Denti for making the drive down there.

Digglob - Yeah :( Was planning on playing after tourney stuff got finished, but then I ended up not eating all day, and then we were going to leave early, and then we weren't, and then we were going to grab food, and then we ended up leaving early after all. We'll have to get those games in next time.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who helped with TVs and running the tournament, especially on such an annoying day. Also thanks to Dallas and Houston for coming.

Kal - GGs, those were some fun, intense sets.
Reqy - Shoutouts are dish best served with some Burger-Tex.
MT - Way to lose to a Roy and then beat everyone from Houston. Also, you choked vs. Reqy. But for seriouslies, good job.
JF - Sorry for rooting against you in your set vs. Reqy, I just can't have him losing to other Falcos, you know how it is.
JOS - Good job vs. Sethlon. Falco *****.
Sethlon - It was nice seeing you again, though we didn't get to play =/. Thanks for recording/uploading.
Admiral - Glad to hear you liked P. Terry's. Also, turning around and seeing Reqy going wild getting wobbled by you was pretty priceless. I approve.
Anupam - As part of my revenge, I'll soon have trained a whole host of Falcos to beat you in tournament, bwahahahaha.
GlibbyGlobby - Good job exacting my vengeance vs. Anupam. Also, it was fun playing you again, and keep on improving. Falco *****.
JCast - GGs on the Falco dittos. Falco *****.
Tarzan - GGs in teams. It's nice to know you at least respect me as a person, haha.
White kid - Too bad we finally met face to face, I sort of liked our online love affair.

Kal

Smash Champion
By the way Alex, I went ahead and ordered the BluRay version of Return of the Joker, so we'll have to watch that ****. You guys also forgot a fan and a small TV here.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
did anybody take a copy of melee that did not belong to them? I had it in my system so I'm not sure why it isn't there anymore.

Top Bottom