• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Wack & Wampam Present: Birdday Banana Bonanza! With livestream!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
BIRDDAY BANANA BONANZA!

A Birthday Tournament presented by DJ Arcatek "Jack" (October 1st) and Taigapam "Mampam" (September 29th)

Welcome to my first tournament thread. Bear with me.

Before we get started, allow me to inform you on what the name of tournament means. It is mine and Mampam's birthday. I main Falco, so I changed it to BIRDday. Mampam mains Diddy Kong, so I added the "Banana" part after that. The "Bonanza" part was just for ****s and giggles. The end product was Triple B aka Birdday Banana Bonanza. Lol.

Honorable Birthday Mentions:

DewDaDash - October 2nd
DC - September 30th
ZMT - September 27th

READ THIS VVV

Tommy, Mampam, and myself are putting down money for your convenience and entertainment. In other words, we're paying $250 to reserve the entire place out of our own pocket. This is only for security purposes, though. Tommy(if he wants), Mampam, and myself will make sure nothing gets out of hand. Otherwise, we get screwed out of our money. We can be hype and whatnot, just don't break anything >__>

Now, onto the actual tournament.

9050 SW Pennsylvania Ave
Stuart, FL 34997

Here are a couple of pictures of the actual venue. Taken by awesome photographer Tommy G:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.134914668989.109046.603443989&l=946b7c4a80

As you can see, it's a pretty neat venue. The actual venue is the Community Clubhouse located in Tommy G's neighborhood.

"This venue is my neighborhood clubhouse.
There is a form I need everyone to sign when they arrive to assure everyone's safety.
The tldr(too long; didn't read) version of this form will be something along the lines of: 'you are responsible for anything you break.' There will be an indemnification clause stating 'if you hurt yourself, it's not my fault.' "

~Tommy G

Schedule
October 15th, 2011
10:00AM: Doors open - Registration for Doubles begins
11:30AM: Doubles Begins (double elimination bracket)
2:30PM: Registration for Singles and Marvel vs Capcom 3 begins - Half hour food break
3:00PM: Brawl Singles Pools/MvC3 Bracket Begins
5:00PM: Brawl Singles Bracket Begins (double elimination bracket)
7:30PM: (If time allows) Registration for Mid Tier begins
8:00PM: (If time allows)Mid Tier Begins
10:45PM: Begin packing up
10:59PM: Doors are closed and we are out of the clubhouse

Times and events subject to change depending on how quickly we get things done.

Money

$5 Entry Fee ($3 if you bring a Wii. Entry fee is waived if you bring a full setup)
$10 Singles Fee
$10 Doubles Fee ($20 Per Team)
$5 Mid Tier Fee
$5 Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fee

If you are the driver of a full car, I'll waive your entry fee. This is so you charge people less money for gas so more people will want to go and have no problem.

Payouts

Singles
1st: 45%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Doubles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

If, for any reason there are less than 8 teams in doubles, the doubles payout will be:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

The Rules

This tournament will be using a combination of the Apex Ruleset and Unity Ruleset.

Stages

Neutrals:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:

• Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Frigate Orpheon

Yes. Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are banned.

General Rules
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 min. time limit
  • Ledge grab limit: 35
  • No Items
  • Double Elimination
  • All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
    Mk’s Infinite cape is BANNED
  • DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
  • There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
    If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
  • Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

Mid-Tier Characters

Characters viable for Mid Tier are as follows

D: :fox:, :wolf:, :rosalina:/:peach:
E: :dk2:, :kirby2:, :rob:, :pit:, :sonic:
F: :ike:, :sheilda:, :luigi2:, :sheik:, :ness2:, :yoshi2:, :pt:
G: :lucas:, :mario2:, :bowser2:, :samus2:, :falcon:
H: :link2:, :jigglypuff:, :zelda:, :ganondorf:

Doubles Rules

• Team Attack set to "On"
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
  • Disputes over port priority may be settled with Rock-Paper-Scissors, Game and Watch Judgement Hammer; Higher number wins, or choosing Random on the character select screen and whoever has the higher tiered character wins. (ie If I get Ganondorf and you get Meta Knight, you get port priority.)

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules

Copied from this thread: http://tsgaming.forummotion.com/t15-tmg-2011-spring-marvel-vs-capcom-3-tournament-rules

Rules:
1 Player vs 1 Player
3 Characters Per Player (No Changing Characters Between Rounds)
Double Elimination Bracket Style

Time: 99 Count
Best 2 out of 3 Fights
Damage sent to Standard

Custom/Arcade Sticks Allowed
Controls can be modified at the beginning of the match only, and only once.

Specifics (a.k.a. What's allowed and not allowed):

1. Any Character Allowed
2. Pausing will result in an immediate loss.
3. Modifying controls during the match outside of specified time will result in immediate loss.
4. If you are not present at the time of your match, you may be considered default loss (with some leeway)
5. Repeated use of Cheap-Shots (Same move over and over again) may result in a default loss (Debatable)
6. Damaging or tampering with Equipment and other players will result in a default loss (includes removal of batteries or unplugging)
7. Controller power loss will result in a restart of the match with the current total wins/losses marked down
8. System freezing will result in a restart of the match with the current total wins/losses marked down
9. Area power failure will result in a restart of the match with the current total wins/losses marked down, otherwise canceled.

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with standard Marvel rules, so if there's anything here that you don't agree with, let me know.

Setups

Alright so here's the deal. I spoke with Tommy G and he told me he can supply us with ELEVEN TVs. So, generally, we don't even TVs.. If you would like to bring a setup of your own though (TV + Melee, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter, Mario Party, etc.) you are more than welcome to do so. The thing we DO need though is Wiis. As I mentioned earlier, if you bring a Wii and WE USE YOUR WII, you only have to pay $3 for door fee. So, I would say we need about 12 Wiis with your copy of Brawl. If we need anymore, well.... whatever. Lol.

Just for the record, if you're bringing a set up that isn't for Brawl, I won't waive your door fee. Just letting you all know.

Setups:

1. DJ Jack
2. 2link
3. D-Torr
4. Exdeath
5. Kyon
6. Master Raven
7. Mystgan
8. Xaltis

Liquor/Alcohol

"If alcoholic beverages are brought onto the premises for consumption by self and/or guests
during the rental period, the undersigned takes full responsibility for the conduct of any person
consuming alcohol, that no alcohol will be sold on the premises, that no alcohol will be served
to minors or intoxicated persons, and that all alcoholic beverages will be removed immediately
following the event for which the clubhouse is rented."

Adding onto that, if you become piss-drunk and disturb others AND cause a ruckus, you will be kicked out. No questions asked. Everyone is coming out to have fun and play in a tournament. I'm just the Tournament Organizer, not your babysitter. Neither is Mampam, Tommy, or anybody else. If you're under 21, drink outside of the venue. Anything you do outside of the venue while intoxicated isn't my responsibility!

AND NOW. Shamelessly stolen from Tommy G's tournament clubhouse thread:

Sleeping room:
Let's say you're amazing so you get to the venue at 7am, go crazy in the pool, smash bros. it up, and eat...and then you realize, you're really ****ing tired.
But wait, it's only 4pm!?! There's no way that can be right.

Rest assured, Tommy_G's got you covered. Pun intended.

I will have blankets and a 1 inch thick queen size memory foam pad along with blankets and pillows for your comfort. This will be placed in a room big enough to hold 3 people sleeping comfortable and a pitch black dark room. Bring a night light if pure darkness isn't your thing, but you still want to sleep.

Pool:
There is a clean pool there, so bring Swimming stuff and a towel. I do not have a towel for you if you forget one.
You cannot come inside if you are wet from being in the pool in order to protect all of the electronics.

Other Amenities:
There will be food at the venue for free after door fee is paid. (I'm not sure about this one, actually. I'll talk to Tommy about that.)
There is a huge tube(no lag) tv for top power ranking matches and Grand Finals.
There are 2 water fountains.
There are nice bathrooms. (Men and Women bathrooms)
There is a shower in the bathrooms and everyone must respect the privacy of others.
There are plenty of free parking spaces.
There are over 100 chairs and 20 tables.
A nice lake to take your sweetheart for a walk during sunset.
There is space. Maximum Occupancy of the main room is about 180 people.
McDonald's, Wendy's, and Subway is relatively close by. There's even a Cracker Barrel(insert white joke here.) I believe there's a Dunkin' Donuts around there too.
In the words of Seibrik: "Holy ****, this place would be good enough for a state wide tournament."

AAAANNNNDDDDD..... That's pretty much it, really. I will have people helping me run the tournament as well, including 2link, D-Torr, and GDX. If you have any questions relating to the tournament, you can ask them as well. If you have any questions relating to the Clubhouse itself, ask Tommy or myself.

If you're wondering about the ATTENDANCE to this...... Well. I'll be honest with you. Judging by everyone's attitude towards it, this will probably be the biggest FL-only tournament in a while. ALL TEN PR members will be there. Central Florida, South Florida, Tampa, Gainesville, maybe even Jacksonville are all coming out to this, so if you're in the area, I URGE you to come to this tournament. The venue is nice, the area is nice, and everybody is just hype in general. I'll probably compile an Attendance/Interested list this weekend to show you all what I mean. But as of now...

BIRTHDAY HYPE.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
HYPE
I'd do a gay little Xaltis rainbow text color but idk how.

Should be fun.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Bout goddamn time.

I'll be here.
I promise.

when i get hired tomorrow, i'll make sure to request this day off....

Unless i don't get hired....

In which case.. I'll be here anyways.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm going to be here.
Nothing's going on this weekend.

Hopefully DC doesn't come in here and, "singlehandedly kill all the SFL hype" for this.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Chances are there were be gross amounts of Tampa at this.
I like the sound of this. :bee:

Bout goddamn time.

I'll be here.
I promise.

when i get hired tomorrow, i'll make sure to request this day off....

Unless i don't get hired....

In which case.. I'll be here anyways.
We'll finish our Snake vs Ganon MM.

me and the REAL birthday boy are winning teams

"Boneless wings" Goo!!!
Damn straight!

I am going to try to bring some of FGCU to this tourney.
Try your best. You all are more than welcome.

I won't be here.
:(

By the way, let me know if ya'll are bringing Wiis and stuff. Also, I'll add details on anything pertaining to Alcohol/Liquor in the first post later when I'm not lazy... The tl;dr version of it will basically be "If you get piss-drunk AND disturb others and cause a ruckus, you'll be kicked out. If you're not 21, drink outside of the venue (though I wouldn't recommend it anyway)."

EDIT: Oh, and if we have time... Like, if we finish the whole tournament by like 8:30PM - 9:00PM, I MIGHT hold a Side-Event. Depends on public interest.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Do you need TVs or just Wiis? Either way my car (me, Kyon, and D-Torr) should be bringing 3 Wiis with Infinite Replay.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Probably won't be at this, dont really wanna travel to a brawl tournament.

EDIT:
And theres a marvel tourney on this day.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
**** MAhvel. Sounds like time being stolen.

:awesome:

And D Who doesn't go to FGCU lol.
I hope FGCU can make an appearance.

I'll be here.
Got a job today.

AfroQT

Smash Master
**** MAhvel. Sounds like time being stolen.

:awesome:

And D Who doesn't go to FGCU lol.
I hope FGCU can make an appearance.

I'll be here.
Got a job today.
says the brawl player lol.

WAIT:
Actually I'll go if someone drives GreenAce to Wills tourney or to my house, and will take him back home if i bring him to the clubhouse...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ask if Legion/Action B wanna join you, Exdeath.

Also, you can bring a TV if you'd like. The more the merrier, really.
I generally avoid taking more than two people with me because it's a bit much for my car to handle -- especially for such a long drive.

Master Raven

Smash Master
This tourney is going to have to run pretty damn smoothly if we're aiming to get singles done by that time with the number of potential entrants this is getting.

Top Bottom