• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakville Uproar 2011

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so for starters I want to aplogize for how long this took.

As well, if you have any problems about how unprofessional this looks, rather than complaining tell me how to do stuff. I'm new to this site and i couldn't figure out how to post Tio brackets on here, or how to put character pictures beside names, so just tell me HOW to do these things and I will edit it into these results.

Original tournament thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308321
Singles Bracket link :http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/SnowShard/?action=view&current=OakvilleUproarBrackets.gif (View as slideshow to enlarge it)

10 Singles Tournament Entrants
Double Elimination
Payouts: 1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10% (Do I need to say how much each person won...)

MeekSpeedy: 1st :sonic: :metaknight:
Iliad : 2nd :marth:
Cruxis : 3rd :snake:
Raidos : 4th :metaknight:
Gichan : 5th :wario:
Red X : 5th :metaknight:
Phiddlesticks: 7th :pt:
Snow Shard: 7th :metaknight:
Fuddo : 9th :pit:
Zach : 9th :ike:

4 Different Team Entrants
Round Robin
Winner Takes All

Iliad and MeekSpeedy: 1st
Phiddlesticks and Raidos: 2nd

*Cruxis and Gichan did not feel like facing Red X and Snow Shard for 3rd*

Pools (5 Person)
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place players in the pools got a bye first round. (This was done for seeding)

Pool 1
Cruxis Iliad Raidos Snow Shard Zach

Cruxis (3rd) X 0-2 0-2 2-1 2-0

Iliad (1st) 2-0 X 2-1 2-0 2-0

Raidos (2nd) 2-0 1-2 X 2-1 2-0

Snow Shard(4th) 1-2 0-2 1-2 X 2-0

Zach (5th) 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-2 X

Pool 2

MeekSpeedy Gichan Red X Phiddlesticks Fuddo

MeekSpeedy (1st) X 2-1 2-1 0-2 2-0

Gichan (2nd) 1-2 X 2-0 2-0 2-0

Red X (3rd) 1-2 0-2 X 2-0 2-0

Phiddlesticks (5th) 2-0 0-2 0-2 X 0-2

Fuddo (4th) 0-2 0-2 0-2 2-0 X

As well, if you have any problems about how unprofessional this looks, rather than complaining tell me how to do stuff. I'm new to this site and i couldn't figure out how to post Tio brackets on here, or how to put character pictures beside names, so just tell me HOW to do these things and I will edit it into these results.

Thank you to those who came, hopefully our next tournament can have triple the attendance, as we will plan it out with longer notice and whatnot... and hopefully I'll be able to post something nice looking on here :p thank you and have a great night.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
The only 2 things we need to know how to do is put brackets/pools in the post and how to make the character faces next to the names. Though I still think for the makeshift pools you should have used the chart feature.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I got 1st in dubz. :x

Fun tourney, def. host another one. Venue was great, only problem was the timing of the tourney. Made the attendance lower. Still amazing though.

Gichan

Smash Champion
MeekSpeedy: 1st :sonic:/:metaknight: ($60)
Iliad : 2nd :marth: ($30)
Cruxis : 3rd :snake: ($10)
Raidos : 4th :snake:
Phiddlesticks: 7th :wario:/:pt:

Don't put Ganon or Yoshi beside your name if you were just beating newcomers or sandbagging, you're giving rep to characters for no reason. Gets proper mains of those chars excited for nothing.

Please put up brackets and then submit them to this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

It was a really fun tournament, Iliad really gave the **** on this one. The venue is great and you guys seem enthusiastic to host, remember what I said and I also agreed to help you for next time. With better timing and advertising, the next one will be huge.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
It was a really fun tournament, Iliad really gave the **** on this one. The venue is great and you guys seem enthusiastic to host, remember what I said and I also agreed to help you for next time. With better timing and advertising, the next one will be huge.
Thanks man really appreciate the support, I'll let you know when we decide to host again.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I got 1st in dubz. :x

Fun tourney, def. host another one. Venue was great, only problem was the timing of the tourney. Made the attendance lower. Still amazing though.
Yea, we knew the timing was bad, but we just REALLY wanted to host one before school started, since Red and I value grades quite a bit. We will Very Likely host another one during Christmas Break, again when school is gone :D

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
MeekSpeedy: 1st :sonic:/:metaknight: ($60)
Iliad : 2nd :marth: ($30)
Cruxis : 3rd :snake: ($10)
Raidos : 4th :snake:
Phiddlesticks: 7th :wario:/:pt:

Don't put Ganon or Yoshi beside your name if you were just beating newcomers or sandbagging, you're giving rep to characters for no reason. Gets proper mains of those chars excited for nothing.

Please put up brackets and then submit them to this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

Well Yoshi is my worst character, Red X INSISTED I put him there, though Red X actually has a pretty good Ganondorf (for a Ganondorf)

More importantly though, how do I actually Post the brackets? I have them on Tio, but I can't figure out how to link a non-web site to my results thread.

Gichan

Smash Champion
use photobucket to give you a url link for your image. As a current TO you should have a photucket account. Or ask Tin how he does it for his results threads. Maybe he uses a different method.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I don't know much about the posting of tourny results but wouldn't a screenshot suffice? Good stuff by Iliad getting a Marth up there in a top 4 of MK and Snake ;D

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
use photobucket to give you a url link for your image. As a current TO you should have a photucket account. Or ask Tin how he does it for his results threads. Maybe he uses a different method.
I feel ******** for have never hearing about this helpful photobucket tool, thank you very much Gichan :D Now all thats left is figuring out how to turn pools into an image via Tio, because Tio only allows brackets to be turned into images :S

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about the posting of tourny results but wouldn't a screenshot suffice? Good stuff by Iliad getting a Marth up there in a top 4 of MK and Snake ;D
Screen shot doesn't work, because you cant copy and paste it onto here, needs to be a web link. Furthermore, my laptop doesnt have a screen shot button :|

Also, Iliad's Marth is quite impressive, kicked my butt with ease, however, Meek's Sonic is more impressive than his metaknight, and Meek won first, so you can't say that only MKs and Snakes were in the top four :D

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Well Yoshi is my worst character, Red X INSISTED I put him there, though Red X actually has a pretty good Ganondorf (for a Ganondorf)

More importantly though, how do I actually Post the brackets? I have them on Tio, but I can't figure out how to link a non-web site to my results thread.
Lol that's just for jokes bro. But Gi is right that really isn't a god idea if we don't seriously use them in a tourney setting (which we don't lol). And the thread is startin to look better. Good stuff.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Screen shot doesn't work, because you cant copy and paste it onto here, needs to be a web link. Furthermore, my laptop doesnt have a screen shot button :|
Well yeah, that's what I meant. Sometimes I forget that things like image uploads are something that more or less comes naturally to me :p

Don't feel bad for not knowing about Photobucket though, along with imageshack it's pretty much obsolete now in the face of imgur. Photobucket does have the benefit of having accounts though, whereas imgur accounts are limited to 75 images if you don't pay.

You fell victim to one of Photobucket's issues though, they have pretty lame size restrictions and will resize images that are too big for them. Behold your mighty bracket:

Also, Iliad's Marth is quite impressive, kicked my butt with ease, however, Meek's Sonic is more impressive than his metaknight, and Meek won first, so you can't say that only MKs and Snakes were in the top four :D
Haha fair enough in regards to Meek. As for Iliad, I know his Marth all too well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YeIhv2XSHc

Top Bottom