• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashWiki Link

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=4650]SmashWiki Link[/drupal]

Hello, this is Mr. Anon of the SmashWiki. I noticed that the link to the SmashWiki at the top left was recently removed. Recently the wiki moved from wikia to an independent hosts. Smashboards went along and removed the link to the old SmashWikia, but I think they forgot to put a link the the real SmashWiki. Can somebody in charge please fix this? Thanks.

PS: If this is in the wrong place, can an admin please move it there?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
From what I found out, there's a working link in the "Brawl" and "Brawl Light" skins. As to why they haven't put the link in the other skins... Who knows? You'd be better off posting something in forum support where the admins will be sure to see it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reason Brawl and Brawl Light still have those links is because they're not public skins so it wasn't really of any importance to remove the links.

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
The reason Brawl and Brawl Light still have those links is because they're not public skins so it wasn't really of any importance to remove the links.

Yes, but those links are to the zombie SmashWikia that we moved from (Wikia staff won't delete the original). Links to SmashWikia actually cause it to end up higher in google search rankings, causing readers to end up viewing outdated/inaccurate info.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Definitely any links to a Smash Bros. wiki site should link to the NIWA SmashWiki, found at ssbwiki.com.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yes, but those links are to the zombie SmashWikia that we moved from (Wikia staff won't delete the original). Links to SmashWikia actually cause it to end up higher in google search rankings, causing readers to end up viewing outdated/inaccurate info.
Dude I'll be frank with you, those skins are staff only, and the staff don't actually visit the Wiki from the site.

Still I could put a word in for the links to be removed, but yeah, you don't need to worry about the Brawl skins.

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
Dude I'll be frank with you, those skins are staff only, and the staff don't actually visit the Wiki from the site.

Still I could put a word in for the links to be removed, but yeah, you don't need to worry about the Brawl skins.
Thank you. In addition, though, would Smashboards mind putting up a Link to the real SmashWiki on NIWA?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well from what I know, the move from the wikia and the link removal was due to Smashboards no loner being in charge of the wiki.

The linking issue actually came up a while ago apparently, but if we're to put it up we'd have to get clearance from MLG who tend to take a while to reply to stuff.

So basically now it's just a corporate issue etc etc and the general staff don't really have the authority to deal with any of that. :/

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
Nevermind, I didn't read all of your post. Thank you for explaining the situation better.

Top Bottom