• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nub Academy 9: Freshman Fifteen ~ALL VIDS UP~ *9/17/11 FGCU FL*

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Nub Academy 9: Freshman 15

9/17/11
FGCU Florida
24 Entrants
$85.00 Pot

RESULTS:

Pool 1

1. Viper :falco: (5-0)
2. SSGuy :wario: / :mario2: (4-1)
3. Dax :lucario: (3-2)
4. Cart :metaknight: (2-3)
5. David :ike: (1-4)
6. Memo :toonlink: (0-5)
Pool: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/captforest/NubAcademy9pool1.png

Pool 2

1. Mink :zerosuitsamus: / :sonic: (5-0)
2. Shinibu :snake: (3-2)
3. PoonR :metaknight: (3-2)
4. Red :fox: (3-2)
5. BG :diddy: (1-4)
6. Avus :olimar: (0-4)
Pool: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/captforest/NubAcademy9pool2.png

Pool 3

1. Veggi :dk2: / :mario2: / :peach: (5-0)
2. TRA :marth: (4-1)
3. Mao! :popo: (3-2)
4. Mike :diddy: (2-3)
5. Nova :marth: (1-4)
6. Juan :ness2:(0-4)
Pool: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/captforest/nub9pool3.png

Pool 4

1. ****** :rob: (5-0)
2. Meglaodon :snake: / :ike: (3-2)
3. BD Joe :pikachu2: (3-2)
4. Kycko :metaknight: (2-3)
5. Blue :metaknight:(2-3)
6. STEVE :snake: (0-5)
Pool: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/captforest/NubAcademy9pool4.png

Top 2 go to Pro bracket the rest go on to Amateur bracket

Pro Bracket Results

1: Viper :falco: ($50.00)

2: ****** :rob: ($25.00)

3: TRA :marth: ($10.00)

4: Megalodon :snake: / :ike:

5: Veggi :dk2: / :mario2: / :peach:

5: Mink :zerosuitsamus:

7: SSGuy :wario:

7: Shin :snake:

Bracket:

Amateur Bracket Results

1: Mao :popo: ($3.00)

2: BD Joe :pikachu2:

3: Mike :diddy:

4: Poonr :metaknight:

5: Red :fox:

5: Avus :olimar:

7: Dax :lucario:

7: Kycko :metaknight:

9: Nova :marth:

9: Juan :ness2:

9: Steve :snake:

13: Cart :metaknight:

Bracket:

Thanks to Play n Trade Cape Coral for sponsoring the Pot.

Nub Academy 9: Freshman 15

Videos Section​

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Pro:

1: Viper - Another Nub Academy win. At least you had to earn it this time.

2: ****** - I'm glad you came. You played hard and deserved top three.

3: TRA - Congratulations on placing third. Our match was too close for me to be satisfied with where I placed. I feel like we are getting more competitive and that is a good thing. One day I'll get you.

4: Megalodon - Ryo 2.0 You baited that air dodge so hard. I still want to man match you some time this week.

5: Veggi - Get two stitch faces reflected back = Get. ****. On.

5: Mink - I'm so glad I got to see you again. I was expecting you to do better but sometimes it happens.

7: SSGuy - At least your getting better. "The hardest part is winning." -Papa Steve :troll:

7: Shin - The first time we didn't see each other in the bracket in a long time. Saved everyone 24 mins of camping at least.

Amateur:
1: Mao - Your so gay to scrubs. lol Congrats on winning your money back.

2: BD Joe - Pika Pika Pikachu! Pika Pika Pikachu!

3: Mike -Your Diddy Kong knows how to play. Your really fun to play with in friendlies.

4: Poonr - I wanna sit down and get you Meta Knight to be as good as possible. You have much to learn.

5: Red - So glad to see you. Too bad we didn't get a chance to play.

5: Avus - Your Olimar is getting better. Throw more Pikmin and be gayer.

7: Dax - I hope you enjoyed that Forbidden Technique.

7: Kycko - I said you were getting better. That effort is finally paying off.

9: Nova - Be less aggro and be gayer. And for the love of God, don't d-air when your over the stage. You get punished big time for that.

9: Juan - Damn son, your performance this tournament is very similar to the Miami Dolphins.

9: Steve - I hope you don't expect AVUS to pay for you every single time. This money was donated to the Video Game Club which is going to help get members like you a chance at trying to go to Apex. If you can't donate money to the only social group which you have been with since your freshman year, then I don't know how you will be able to feed your family. Then again, you probably won't read this.

13: Cart - You should pick up Ganon. It isn't like the results will change that much. :troll:
But at least you will look manlier playing a manlier character.

Blue - Sick set with BDJoe. Best reaction all night.

Memo - I'm so glad I got to see the great one who beat Ryder at Holy Smash again! :D

BG - I'm sad to see you leave because I know next time we see each other, it will be during an Accounting II exam. FFFFUUUUUUU-

David - Thanks for coming out. I know it was hard but at least you got some experience.

And lastly: Thanks for coming out Gallax. I felt our Wario dittos opened my eyes to how well he can space and pressure others. I hope I can see you up at some Orlando tournaments some time or maybe when Apex comes around.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
1: Viper :falco: ($50.00) - Good wins. Your set went on forever. Stop letting him go to frigate!

2: ****** :rob: ($25.00) - Good wins man. You took me and bent me over. Good job. Next time i come down, i'll get you.

3: TRA :marth: ($10.00) - 3rd?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Good job beating Terry :troll:

4: Megalodon :snake: / :ike: - Good wins. I'ma call salty *** ***** johns. I'mma come get you MAtt. Next time. NEXT TIME.

5: Veggi :dk2: / :mario2: / :peach: - Didn't get to play you in bracket. But Good job.

5: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :sonic: - Bro you ****in' suck.

7: SSGuy :wario: - Should have beat Jake.

7: Shin :snake: - ****ing. ****ing. ****ing. FTilts.

Amateur Bracket Results

1: Mao :popo: ($3.00) - :glare: i'm jealous of your money.

2: BD Joe :pikachu2: - You're pikachu is so campy and awesome.

3: Mike :diddy: - Good wins bro.

4: Poonr :metaknight: - Mike. Nair. THE BUBBLEEEEES

5: Red :fox: - Connor, mah dog. Don't forget shine stops you in midair. don't go falling like anchors.

5: Avus :olimar: - You're a cool guy! and probably my new favorite nubling

7: Dax :lucario: - More Fsmash.

7: Kycko :metaknight: - You're alot better than i expected. You made some surprising wins.

9: Nova :marth: - You're comedic. Good seein' you bro.

9: Juan :ness2: - Those infinites.

9: Steve :snake:

13: Cart :metaknight:

Overall, it was a good tourney. I don't think i played to the best of my abilities, and i'm excited to show you guys what i mean this coming fall brawl. Expect me to come back with a bang. :).
You guys are all awesome. I enjoyed coming here and playing you and meeting new friends!
Keep it real guys.

Terry.
5$ Mm my sonic vs your wario?
:troll:

You should add my pools characters to my name :awesome:

/:zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff: :sonic: :ganondorf:

MAOMAO!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2552-3131-4574
Pro Bracket
1.) Viper: Good **** Viper. I got to see a damn good 15 game match.

2.) ******: Damn, you're R.O.B. is sick. You need to show me your ways!

3.) TRA: Damn Jake, I hate your fair lol. Good matches, I'm hoping to one day not drop the grab :)

4.) Megalodon: Didn't really watch any of your matches cept the one against Billy but that was all I
needed to watch. Snake vs Snake at 219%...wtf

5.) Veggi: I'ma make your DK my ***** one day...Popo is gonna have two *****es

5.) Mink: I was hoping to watch you whip out IC in the grand finals but oh well, there's always next time.
7.) SSGuy: I'm sad I didn't get to hobble you in any matches :( can't wait to play you again. Our matches are always fun.

7.) Shin: Your Snake is such a child rapist. One day I'll beat you with IC...if not I'll just go Oli

Amateur Bracket

Mao!: Ah yeah! Chain grabbing left and right

BDJoe: I think I might be banning Brinstar from now on thanks to you haha, good matches

Mike: Good Diddy man, those nannas

Poonr: Most defensive MK ever. If I had dropped any grabs I would have been fuuuuuuuucked

Red: Didn't really get to see you play but it was damn good seeing you again. We'll meet again Star Fox

Avus: Haven't played against you or seen you play, but you play Oli so you'e cool in my book :D

Dax: What Ryan said...more fsmash

Kycko: Don't get grabbed :trollface: but seriously good matches. I'm sure next time I meet your MK he'll be more prepared to face off against the devil siblings.

Nova: Good matches, thanks for letting me practice with you and getting my grabs up to par for the rest of the night.

Juan: Sigh, Juan Juan Juan....get rid of Ness at least with characters that wreck him ex.Marth

Steve: Good job on not getting last

Cart: I'm interested in playing your MK

POONR

Smash Cadet
First shout out since the last Nub Academy. HERE WE GOOOO

PRO
1. Viper- Wow. Glad that I really got to see you work your *** off for that win. You truly did deserve it.

2. ******- Didn't get to play you. But I saw your matches and you did some serious work.

3. TRA- I have yet to even play your Marth. But I'm still scared. Your Marth is scary as hell.

4. Megaladon/Tech-nelium the Shark- Great work Shark. Your matches as always were entertaining, good win against Mink. Glad I got to see you "throw that Sht before you walked in tha room!"

5. Veggi- Veg, as always you are impressive. Defintely the rising star of the FGCU Smash scene. Dat Veggi burrrgggerrrr.

5. Mink- Dat ZSuit. She one sexy biiii. And deadly. Glad I got to see you man, practice with you, and play you. Sonic dittos were fun. Hope you can come down more often for these. Next time win it with Jigggzzz, or Ganon. He da bess

7. T-Dawg- I dont care. Thats your name. Not SSGUY. Terbear, I know next time you'll climb a bit higher than 7. Timing people out. Aw Yeee

7. Shin- BILLAY. That is all. O wait one more thing, good luck going from 7 to the bottom of FGCU's rankings.

Ameteurss
1. MAO- F your IC cg bulll. I was soooo close, till I got grabbed....Next time that NYMetaKyk is gonna getcha. Regardless. Congrats man, you deserved it.

2. BDJoe- Congrats on making it to where you did, my goal is to face you in the next tournament for some vengeance!

3. Mike- Took me by suprise, never met you, never knew if you could play, got to face you twice and we went even, 1-1. Unfortunately you won the match that counted most. Congrats

4. POONR- ME. So glad Yangs crazy *** pushed the tournament back an hour so I can come from work, to do work. I did better than I thought. Glad I got to compete. Next time imma win.

5. Red- So glad I got to play you twice and finally beat you. Dat Fox. Good matches man, we need to rematch.

5. Avus- You keep getting better. Keep playin Oli-Oli-Olimar.

7. Dax- Didnt get to play but you did well, keep it up.

7. Kycko- I wish you luck in your quest to break into platinum.

9. Nova- I dont feel like shouting out to you. This will suffice.

9. JUAN- What the hell was that? C'mon, you're better than that.

9 & 13. Steve and Cart- FGCU's not as impressive version of Ally and M2K respectively. Not as intense, but twice as entertaining. Always a treat to watch.

I think this works. Ok. POST....GO!

Veggi

Smash Champion
PRO
1. Viper- Our set was an awakening for me, especially the videos. I feel humiliated watching them, I knew I would lose but...after seeing the video I definitely have a lot to work on with my Peach. Until I get better I think I'm going to use Mario against you in tourney so at least when I lose I get to style on yo ***.

2. ******- To this day I still have never played you, but I had fun pretending like I was better at Brawl than you for a couple of days. Too bad I didn't get to see your...lol I just remembered he has videos. Good shiiiiiii though. Viper is a tough cookie.

3. TRA- What can I say? Your Marth is extremely pretty and you read me like a Magic Treehouse book. I got outplayed and you definitely deserve the win. But not next time. ; )

4. Megaladon/Tech-nelium the Shark-It was pretty cool you beat Mink even though I didn't get to see it and it was fun playing friendlies after our set. ****ing jab mindgaming me into air dodging off the edge. On an unrelated note, I enjoyed our pizza date.

5. Veggi- Veggggggggie Burger.

5. Mink- Our friendlies were fun and it was cool meeting the legendary Mink for once. I was hoping to experience what you played like in bracket, but oh well. Your ZSS was very impressive and flashy. I enjoyed playing against it a lot.

7. T-Mitchy- Wa-Wa-Wa. You look like you're improving a lot and I thoroughly enjoy watching your Wario. Do it for team Mario's Enemies, but they're not really his enemies, they're more like Rivals.

7. Shin- It was a nice pizza date, but I really deserved it because you cancelled our last one, but why did you bring Brittany along? That was really weird. (If Brittany sees this, I'm just kidding, haha.)

Amateurs
1. MAO- I definitely took you to Brinstar because I figured it would be hot there and the Ice Climbers are dressed for cold temperatures, who knew it would interrupt your chain grabs? Really though, you scared me first game when you went to town on my DK. Scary stuff.

2. BDJoe- Hot stuff, it was cool that you beat Megaladon. Pretty smart chain grabbing him while the stage was falling on Rainbow Magic. Pikachuuuuuuu!!!!!

3. Mike- Dude, your Diddy is not bad at all. I kept getting messed up when you would take out a banana and then run after me instead of the banana. XD I'm so used to people going to get the banana.

4. POONR- I don't think I got to see any of your matches, but they sounded like sex. Good job on beating BILLAY!

5. Red- Were you the Fox I played in friendlies? Your Fox is really good. Keep up the good work. It was fun to play against you. Nice meeting you too.

5. Avus- Keep up the good stuff with Olimer. Keep on chuckin' em' pikkims'. Hope to see you around more often.

7. Dax- Who is bye? Is there a bye here? If bye doesn't show up in 5 minutes, I'm disqualifying him!

7. Kycko- Your MK is doing pretty good. Keep up the good top tier stuff.

9. Nova- Our set was fun and I enjoyed talking to you throughout the tourney. You made me want to try out TF2 and Pokemon. >_>

9. JUAN- Hopefully you have more fun at the next tourney and start ****** it up. I really think Dedede would be a good secondary, but do whatever your heart desires.

13. Cart- It was cool seeing you again. I'll try my best with the panel thing.

Ezk1mo

Smash Rookie
Okay so this is like the third time I've ever come on smashboards lol but I felt it was necessary to give some shout outs.

Viper - holy crap asdkjfnalkdjnfljdn we went all 15 matches it was ridiculous lol good **** on winning and can't wait for the next tournament.

M!nk - I felt as if we switched places since last tournament that I fought you lol maybe next time we play we will be evenly matched and I'm looking forward to seeing you at Fall Brawl.

SSGuy - I'm actually really happy to see you have gotten better. This is probably my third time saying this to you but you die like twice as slow now with your constant DI's and you are a very patient player now. I have mad props.

Veggie - I still haven't gotten to play the guy who took my place for a while lmao but I'm sure the time will come soon. I need to see this Epic Donkey Kong in action.

Megladon - First time playing you ever and I'd say a surprisingly good snake player! I have so much snake practice from M!X though so I knew our match up pretty well. You and Shin will be a challenge for me though, I die so easily from Snakes lol

BDJoe - I think it's awsome seeing a person play pikachu instead of the usual top tier characters, and you are very good at him. Stay unique and soon you will head to the top, because a lot of people aren't used to playing pikachu's just like people don't play many ROBs. we should get some more friendlies!

Mao! - I want to play your IC's! I hate them with a passion but since you got 1st place I give you credit lol let's play soon.

Kycko - You have a decent meta knight and Lucas. Keep practicing your speed with MK and you will be wrecking havoc soon!

I only did shoutouts to people I played (besides Mao + Veggie) so sorry if you felt left out! see you guys next tournament. :)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
2: ****** :rob: ($25.00) You and i battled for over and hour in a 15 game war. I have never worked harder to win. I was in the zone once we started playing i was no longer hungry or tired the fatigue from playing all night was gone. You brought the best out of me. I finally got the monkey off my back great sets i cant say i look forward to playing you again i dont know if i can put my self in that state of mind week after week. Glad you came we are now rivals.

3: TRA :marth: ($10.00) I think this might be the best you have ever done at Nub Academy before good job. lol at you almost losing to SSGuy.

4: Megalodon :snake: / :ike: Bro Fucking ike man. You laid the pipe in that set with mink. Good ****. next time pay attention to the bracket you did really well.

5: Veggi :dk2: / :mario2: / :peach: we had a good set your very unlucky lol 2 stitches reflected for kills sucks. You are a good player.

5: Mink :zerosuitsamus: Thanks so much for coming down you are such a consistent player i think that there has not been a time when you did not take top 5 at Nub Academy. I am glad i avoided your IC but at the same time i wish i could have had the chance to play them in the finals. Next time top 2 you and i just dont lose to ike wtf.

7: SSGuy :wario: you play really close games with me i guess the hard part is winning but i am sure you know that by now.

7: Shin :snake: i am hella glad you sandbagged me in bracket i was not looking forward to a 3 game set with you going hard.

Amateur Bracket Results

1: Mao :popo: ($3.00) That CG was on point good ****.

2: BD Joe :pikachu2: you played really well at times and then lost a close game to blue you should have made pro bracket.

3: Mike :diddy: this kid is an up and comming player cant wait to see what you do in the future

4: Poonr :metaknight: that NYmetakyk good stuff mike you really put in work this tourney.

5: Red :fox: thanks for coming all the way down from orlando to your old stomping ground. that falco will get good soon dont worry about and your fox is still solid.

5: Avus :olimar: Bro 5th in amateurs good **** you are going to be a good player just keep putting in work man you have what it takes.

7: Dax :lucario: another great up and comer you need to get on smash boards this will open your eyes to things you might not have ever thought of.

7: Kycko :metaknight: so many upsets today man you played real well and your Elo will show it. I am glad to see you learning and progressing as a player it really shows.

9: Nova :marth: you are one of the most inconsistent players i have seen you have the potential to be top 8 but you need to go beyond just playing friendlys. You have to some what study the game i cant wait to see what will happen when you do get it down.

9: Juan :ness2: you can do it with ness and an alt falco is not a bad char at first he feels clunky but if thats the path you want to take i can help. But you need to put work in on your end.

9: Steve :snake: Steve like for real people are tired of your attitude.

13: Cart :metaknight: keep playing keep getting better

6. Memo :toonlink: Hey you i am so glad you came all the way to see me and play in my tourney good job timing that kid out lol it was awesome. You are awesome i cant wait to see you again your the best and your pretty too. *kiss*

Gallax thanks for coming and showing all of us a thing or too you really opened up some of the players eyes as to what a good player really plays like. see you around man

Top Bottom