• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystery Egg Night!- Cancelled because B/W Wifi Broke?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Welcome to Mystery Egg Night!

This is a night for the Light House, however, due to being Pokemon related, I also invite anyone from the Poke Center to partake in this- you can get a fancy participation postbit if you do!

So what's this all about? Let me explain:

Mystery Egg Night will be held Saturday, October 1st at 8:00 PM

Between now and then, breedtwo Pokemon in you Pokemon Black or Pokemon White games. Feel free to do whatever you'd like, breed for certain Egg moves, RNG for shininess... or just do plain old, nothing special eggs. When the night arrives, you will use the Egg Shuffle/Trading feature over Wifi. Please register ALL friend codes you see here before the game night for maximum efficiency. During this time, you will shuffle eggs with 2 different people. After this period, there will be a 30 minute time where you are hatching your new eggs and training them to level 5. Make sure to save after you hatch, so you can restart if you accidentally go over level 5! After the hatching is done, there will be a single elimination bracket tournament between our hatched Pokemon. The winner of the tournament may or may not get something special.

That's the gist! However, there are a few rules:

1. Do not breed Pokemon that can't evolve, or aren't the lowest evolution in their line (ex, you can breed a Snorlax rather than a Munchlax by not holding a Full Insense, please don't do this). This is to try and keep things as balanced as possible.

2. Do not breed Pokemon that have ridiculously shallow movepools (Tynamo, Feebas) or can't learn TMs or damaging moves by level 5 (Burmy, Magikarp). It's not fair to other competitors, and it would especially screw over yourself in the rare chance your egg got traded back to you after 3 trades.

3. Check the Serebii.net Pokedex for your Pokemon. If you see that your Pokemon has the breeding exclusive Egg moves, please do not teach over these moves for the tournament. Respect the time the breeder took if they bothered to get Egg moves. Other than Egg moves, feel free to teach your Pokemon any level up moves between 1 and 5, or any TM moves.

4. Please do not make a pre-made breed and use it in the tourney just to try and win. This is for fun.

Breaking any rules may make it so you don't get a lovely postbit for the night as punishment. I hope it doesn't have to come to that, but rules are there for a reason!

Please sign up in this thread, and leave your Friend code in here if you would like to join with the format:

User:
Trainer Name(optional):
Friend Code:

Participants:

User: UltiMario
Friend Code: 4598-9002-2545

User: John2k4
Trainer Name: John
Friend Code: 2322-5766-6319

User: SilentVerse
Friend Code: 4384 1470 1152

User: JO_OEY
Trainer Name: Jamie
Friend Code: 2494-3560-9893

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you could add this to my information in the first post...

Trainer Name(optional): John

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Mystery Egg Night has been delayed to sometime next week!

Don't worry though, this means extra breeding time! As such, I've upgraded the mystery Egg night- you now should be breeding 2 eggs and trading with two different people!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only 2 Eggs? Missed that, the old ones was you bread 3 eggs and traded 3 times, that way you had a mini-team so type stuff didn't mess you over.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I know, but this is much more of a joint endeavor with the Light House on some pretty strict time. I feel like breeding 3 good eggs in 2 weeks might be a bit much for those that aren't as into Pokemon as the PCers are.

IDK. I just feel that way.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh, hmm, this sounds fun. I might do this. What day of the week is it happening on?

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Alright, since this'll happen next week when I should have more time to breed Pokemon, I'll join.

FC: 4384 1470 1152

John2k4

The End of an Era
I understand breeding them in Black/White, but the egg breeding is open to all Pokemon with a somewhat decent moveset (as in, from any generation)?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Previous ones have been any gen as long as you can get the egg into BW.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'll hopefully be there, if this starts in 2 hours...my wireless access point is being redone, and I'm not sure how long it'll take.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
added

Also just finally got my breeding done lol

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I can't do this anymore unfortunately. Was really excited too... Really sorry about this ;-;!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Did you add my friend code, John? I don't see you there either..

John2k4

The End of an Era
Who here is in the Wifi room? I added everyone's codes (and have triple checked them), and I see no-one. :c

(Yes Mario I got you)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm standing by, and don't see anyone.

This is... odd.

You sure you're on the right Wifi? Middle woman upstairs in the PCs?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yep, middle booth in the upstairs of the pokemon center.

Still nothing. :/

I need to go mow the lawn in about 10 minutes too. :c

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't see anyone either, and I'm certain I have the right friend codes for you two.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
....Could Wifi be not functioning right? Maintenance or something?

It'd be a damn shame if that were the case.

John2k4

The End of an Era
No one visible in WiFi, and it looks like there's rain heading my way, so I'll need to go mow the lawn now. :(

Maybe next Saturday, Mario. :/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It seems Wifi is just broken today anyways.

It seems to be beyond our control.

Top Bottom