• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warlocks Domain [MK Banned]

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

NOTICE: VENUE NOW BOOKED. METAKNIGHT IS BANNED. I MAKE A MEAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH

AiB Tournament Link
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12661

Brawl tournament singles in Oakville at Sheridan College in the residence and conference centre.

This is my first tournament so please let me know if this thread is missing any important details or the such. If there is enough interest, I will be running a live stream, potentially two with one being a webcam.

Sheridan Residence & Conference Centre
1410 Trafalgar Road, Oakville Ontario
First Floor Conference Room

We have a rather large and open room for this and it will be more than enough room for everyone. I'll try to get pictures up after the weekend or something but my camera is half busted.

Those coming from Toronto can take the GO Train from Union Station to Oakville GO [$6.50]
Once in Oakville, you can take the 1 or 24 route bus to the school (venue) for [$0.65]
BUY YOUR RETURN TICKET IN ADVANCE! You can take Oakville transit for $0.65 with a valid GO Ticket, so buy it before you go to the venue for a cheap ride back to Oakville's GO after the tournament.

Without a valid GO ticket, Oakville transit is $3.00

Click here for a map to the venue from the bus drop off

[3PM] Doors Open, Registration and Free Play
[4PM] Singles Begins
[11PM] Doors Close

If things go smoothly I may run doubles.

Price break up will depend on attendance but will be $15 a person

0 - 15 people: $10 Venue, $5 Entry Fee
15+ people: $5 Venue, $10 Entry Fee

In the case of 20+ attendence, all overflow venue fees will go towards the pots

--Singles--
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

This tournament will be running the Unity Ruleset which will (hopefully) be on a projector for anyone unfamiliar to be able to see. Metaknight is banned.
No excuses or ignorance of the rules will be accepted

There is a Ginos Pizza across the street as well as a Burger King.

The campus cafeteria has a Harveys, Subway and Thai Express but I am unsure of the operating hours on weekends. There are also two Tim Horton's on the campus.

This is potentially going to be the biggest issue for the event. I will wave $5 of the venue fee for any full setups

Wii
Warchamp - 1
Pidgezero_one - 1
InfiniteV115 - 1
xDFAx - 1
fUddO - 1
R e d X - 1

TV
Warchamp - 1
xDFAx - 1
Snow Shard - 1
R e d X - 1 (+ 1)

01. Warchamp7
02. Dan-da-man
03. Gichan
04. Abok
05. pidgezero_one
06. jenniferlee
07. sky1eagle1
08. xDFAx
09. R e d X
10. Cr0wbar
11. Snow Shard
12. zmx
13. (InfiniteV115)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
First :D

And I'm TOTALLY down for this, more Oakville tourneys ftw! Just gotta check my schedule just in case I have something I forgot about. Defs coming if I'm free.

If I come I can help out with setups. I can do at least 1 full one, perhaps more. I'll get back to you on this later.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I will definitly come to this if I can get it off work. Unfortunately I already took October 1st off work, and I think my manager will be pissed to see me take of two saturdays in a row. If on the rare chance I could make this, I would bring bring 1 whole brawl setup (TV, Wii, brawl) since I live so close.

Also I could be wrong, but 5 hours is not enough time to host a tournament. Does anybody else think so?

Also, nice post, looks very proffessional :D

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I will definitly come to this if I can get it off work. Unfortunately I already took October 1st off work, and I think my manager will be pissed to see me take of two saturdays in a row. If on the rare chance I could make this, I would bring bring 1 whole brawl setup (TV, Wii, brawl) since I live so close.

Also I could be wrong, but 5 hours is not enough time to host a tournament. Does anybody else think so?

Also, nice post, looks very proffessional :D
You'd better come to this it's right next to your house! And didn't even see that but yeah, 5 hours is defs not enough if you get half decent attendance. Ours took nearly 8 hours and we had only 10 in singles lol.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I don't have any time cap as far as I know, I can extend the times

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
You'd better come to this it's right next to your house! And didn't even see that but yeah, 5 hours is defs not enough if you get half decent attendance. Ours took nearly 8 hours and we had only 10 in singles lol.
It can be in the bottom floor of my apartment for all I care, if I gotta work I gotta work, its that simple. N yea, two saturdays in a row, wont happen, unless I can give the shift away, which is unlikely :( NTM, that is 16 days from now and nobody has even noticed this tournament, chances are I wont be the only one who wants the day changed.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
BTW, Warchamp, if your coming to Cruxis tournament on October 1st, itll be a great time to introduce yourself to the commnunity more and to advertise your tournament, so you should come :p

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Iliad pointed out Cruxis' tournament on the 1st so I'm gonna push this to the 15th to space things out a bit and not hurt attendance for either.

Edit: Ha, nice post timing :p

I can't come to the tourney on the 1st because I have some Heroes of Newerth matchups to play at 8 PM that night for a community thing, I'm a moderator for it

I'm no stranger to the community though, just been away from it for a while. I haven't been to any real tournies since Niko's reign was coming to an end.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
It can be in the bottom floor of my apartment for all I care, if I gotta work I gotta work, its that simple.
I'm just kiddin man no need for that :(

Iliad pointed out Cruxis' tournament on the 1st so I'm gonna push this to the 15th to space things out a bit and not hurt attendance for either.
Fairly certain I wouldn't be able to make it on the 15th. But both the 8th and the 22nd work for me.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Well it's still far enough away that I can tinker with the date but the 8th will likely not happen, too close to Cruxis' tourny for people to make it to both. I'll have a date set in stone by Monday or Tuesday when the person I need to talk to about the venue gets back to me.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Well it's still far enough away that I can tinker with the date but the 8th will likely not happen, too close to Cruxis' tourny for people to make it to both. I'll have a date set in stone by Monday or Tuesday when the person I need to talk to about the venue gets back to me.
Fair enough for the 8th, one week is kinda close lol. Here's hoping for the 22nd!

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
If that is the case I'll push mine to November, I've been away from the scene awhile and don't know about things like that

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Didn't we agree on one Tourney a Month ?
This is a logical agreement considering how expensive and time-consuming these tournaments are, however, Warlock's been away for awhile, and its good to get new people hosting tournaments. More importantly is the fact that the only other tournament in the GTA this month from what i can see is Cruxis metaknight banned tournament, which is a different kind of tournament than what Warchamp is hosting. Not to mention the 1st and 22nd are pretty far apart. That's just my opinion though, ultimately I think it should be Warchamp's decision, and if he can get enough attendance I think he should do it.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
More attendance, better tourney, larger pot, larger venue.
More time to find a larger venue if needed.
Gives people time to get time off of work.
Doesn't drain our money if we want to attend both.
Canada really needs to plan ahead, we don't want what happened with the tourney in AB, NS, QC, and ON again. Four tourneys in one day, really Canada ? =_=

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
All of those are valid points, especially if you travel outside the province for some tournaments... all in all, I'd go, if like you said I could get it off work so close to the other tournament. And it is up to Warchamp, tho those points are considerable.

Another thing to consider is if someone else wants to hold a tourny, but they are waiting for next month, if that were to happen i think 2 tournaments would end up going down int he same month. I dunno, its a touchy topic I gotta admit...

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
This is a logical agreement considering how expensive and time-consuming these tournaments are, however, Warlock's been away for awhile, and its good to get new people hosting tournaments. More importantly is the fact that the only other tournament in the GTA this month from what i can see is Cruxis metaknight banned tournament, which is a different kind of tournament than what Warchamp is hosting. Not to mention the 1st and 22nd are pretty far apart. That's just my opinion though, ultimately I think it should be Warchamp's decision, and if he can get enough attendance I think he should do it.
I agree with this. An MK ban is not a unity tourney and for people who only use MK it's kinda like not having a tourney in October for them. And if it's pushed to Nov then, like Shard said, either there will be 2 tournies there or someone else will have to wait. If it was like a week apart I might feel diffeently about it, but 1st and 22nd are pretty far apart. But of course it is not up to me, that's Warchamp's call. Though if it's the 22nd I think I'll be able to come.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
People who only use MK are gonna have a hard time ahead of them after Apex then.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
People who only use MK are gonna have a hard time ahead of them after Apex then.
Cruxis is taking his time, he knew it would happen.

And, Common Tourney Hosts should talk with one another about hosting tourneys, etc, so we don't get 2 tourneys a month, and hindering the attendance.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I have no problem talking with other hosts to get a solid date down, the problem is that Tin Man is the only GTA host I know. There is Cruxis but he's leaving.

Still trying to hammer out a date with the person responsible for bookings here since I only get a reply a day.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'ma probably be hosting MK bans when Cruxis leaves... Unless (hopefully) MK is banned in general, at which point there's no need.

In which case we can focus on Mario bans, I mean that character is just so broken, only kept in check by Metaknight :troll:

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I'ma probably be hosting MK bans when Cruxis leaves... Unless (hopefully) MK is banned in general, at which point there's no need.

In which case we can focus on Mario bans, I mean that character is just so broken, only kept in check by Metaknight :troll:
Mario's pretty good, I mean, shooting fireballs from the palm of your hand, and spinning like a billion times in a short hop, and dealing dmg at the same time... but man dont forget Ganondorf. I mean that Ganondorf up tilt... it pulls you in man - it PULLS YOU IN! how can lifting your leg at 180 degrees create a wind pulling you toward it... we should prolly ban Ganondorf, or at least his up tilt :troll:

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Don't **** with Ganon yo, I showed you fear
lol. Well your Ganon is pretty good for a Ganon I'll give you that, nobodies been able to keep me stuck a Ganon side special like that either. But you didnt use his Up Tilt once, so it wasn't a fair game. JK man lol your Ganon's fine no doubt

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Shard, that's because nobody practices choke chasing except a real Ganon main.

Damn, now I want to play him more.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman

Lol, not THAT much else you can do with him, I mean up tilt is viable :p

Well Choke chasing is somewhat similar to snake down throwing (yes, he totally THROWS you down :troll: ) and GaW down throwing, so users of those two characters would probably be half decent with it, but yea not as good as a Ganon main.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

You know it bro.

I'm going to the tourney Saturday and might go to the Smashfest tomorrow if you'll be around for friendlies :p

Need practice anyway cause Shard was the first real player I've faced in like two years.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I won't be reaching Friday most likely.

And keep in mind my Ganon is pretty rusty still.

Ganon's not exactly the easiest character to come back to after a while.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Dude, Tuesday was the first time I played smash in like a year or two, I'm just as rusty.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
HOKAY SO DISCUSSION TIME ON DATE

My options are Oct 29th, Nov 5, Nov 12 or Nov 19, unless I wanna go to December.

The alternative is I get the large conference room sometime after 2 PM on Saturday, which either means rushing everything in 7 to 8 hours, or I do a two day event, and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that on, nor do I know if we'd get the attendance to warrant that.

Cue discussion on dates and then I'll finally have this locked in.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Good thing I decided to pop in here and read this thread again.

Didn't we agree on one Tourney a Month ?
No exactly. A&C will only do 1 tourney a month to prevent the August situation. August was wack, so I understand how they feel.

More attendance, better tourney, larger pot, larger venue.
More attendance doesn't exactly mean a larger venue xD. Wait until I tell you about the bootleg WC venue :chuckle:

More time to find a larger venue if needed.
Agreed, although this is the hardest part. Finding a venue. Generally you find the venue before the tourney starts. Switching venues can be a hassle. You gotta consider location relative to da original club. The amount of $ they're gonna charge you. Time frames, etc. Lock down a club before you make da thread.

Gives people time to get time off of work.
Doesn't drain our money if we want to attend both.
Yes & Yes

Canada really needs to plan ahead, we don't want what happened with the tourney in AB, NS, QC, and ON again. Four tourneys in one day, really Canada ? =_=
The only bad thing about this is that we lose viewers on stream since Canada watches Canada, and we barely get as much attention as a US tourney would (say SiiS 6, CoT5, Ktar 6). We won't break 100 viewers on stream. And not to mention, there are other tourneys happening as well in the US that offer streams. But this is a whole different issue about streams. back to the point. Crossover of dates isn't the worst thing to happen :rotfl:. and only 3 provinces out of the 5 active ones had crossover on August 20th (ON, QC, NS). AB hosted on August 13th, thus only crossing over with Cruxis'.

I agree with this. An MK ban is not a unity tourney and for people who only use MK it's kinda like not having a tourney in October for them. And if it's pushed to Nov then, like Shard said, either there will be 2 tournies there or someone else will have to wait. If it was like a week apart I might feel diffeently about it, but 1st and 22nd are pretty far apart. But of course it is not up to me, that's Warchamp's call. Though if it's the 22nd I think I'll be able to come.
We'll see about that ;)

And, Common Tourney Hosts should talk with one another about hosting tourneys, etc, so we don't get 2 tourneys a month, and hindering the attendance.
THIS

I have no problem talking with other hosts to get a solid date down, the problem is that Tin Man is the only GTA host I know. There is Cruxis but he's leaving.

Still trying to hammer out a date with the person responsible for bookings here since I only get a reply a day.
If there are less hosts, doesn't that make it easier to communicate with each other? Although you did ask me a question and made an effort to communicate with me, so good s***, but theres more I can help you with :awesome: PM me your MSN dawg

Yeah, I did lose to Mario after all :eek:

You know it bro.

I'm going to the tourney Saturday and might go to the Smashfest tomorrow if you'll be around for friendlies :p

Need practice anyway cause Shard was the first real player I've faced in like two years.
Nice, this is good, reach our tourneys & smashfests as well. We be jammin all dai yo :bee:

HOKAY SO DISCUSSION TIME ON DATE

My options are Oct 29th, Nov 5, Nov 12 or Nov 19, unless I wanna go to December.

The alternative is I get the large conference room sometime after 2 PM on Saturday, which either means rushing everything in 7 to 8 hours, or I do a two day event, and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that on, nor do I know if we'd get the attendance to warrant that.

Cue discussion on dates and then I'll finally have this locked in.
Can you keep the date on the 22nd? And hit me up on MSN dawg.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
There's a recurring group in the big room every Saturday until 2 PM and the backup room I was going to use is taken on the 22nd, hence the date list being as it is.

Top Bottom