• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 Results - Maple Ridge, BC

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles (click for the bracket)

1: TinLock DI (KillLock + [YRSF] Tin Man) :metaknight: :snake: + :olimar: :falco: ($180)
2: Busy + Felix :wario: + :diddy: ($90)
3: Fiji + Arsenal :metaknight: + :metaknight: ($30)
4: skcuS oduaruK (Frio + Alphicans) :pikachu2: + :gw: ($20)
5: DTP + T-Block :peach: + :diddy: :pt:
5: Blue Yoshi + Big D :gw: :jigglypuff: + :snake: :wario:
7: bundtcake + Kodokan :rob: + :marth:
7: breez + Firefly :metaknight: + :yoshi2:
9: smash_mash + Blunted_Object :metaknight: + :marth:
9: Junk + Asa :metaknight: + :olimar:
9: Drake + Sushi :rob: + :diddy:
9: Kuraudo + Captain L :sonic: + :pikachu2:
13: brningpyre + Yoshara :wario: + :wolf:
13: SKidd + Kantrip :mario2: + :diddy:
13: I'm Secretly in Love with Deap (IHT + GrapE) :rob: + :zelda:
13: Crisis + Arcansi :metaknight: + :pit:

Singles Pools

Pool A
1. Felix
2. Asa
3. Kuraudo
4. Pyre

Pool B
1. Fiji
2. GrapE
3. Busy
4. Big D

Pool C
1. Junk
2. Blue Yoshi
3. DTP
4. Crisis

Pool D
1. [YRSF] Tin Man
2. Frio
3. Kodokan
4. SKidd

Pool E
1. Breez
2. T-Block
3. Drake
4. Kantrip

Pool F
1. Alphicans
2. Sushi
3. Firefly
4. Yoshara

Pool G
1. Bundtcake
2. Arsenal
3. IHT
4. Blunted_Object

Pool H
1. KillLock
2. Captain L
3. smash_mash
4. Arcansi

Singles Bracket (click for the bracket)

1: Felix :diddy: ($176)
2: Alphicans :gw: :falco: ($80)
3: Asa :olimar: ($48)
4: KillLock :snake: :metaknight: ($16)
5: [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar: :falco: ($10)
5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10)
7: Fiji :metaknight: :snake:
7: Bundtcake :rob:
9: Kuraudo :sonic:
9: Breez :metaknight:
9: Arsenal :metaknight:
9: Blue Yoshi :gw: :diddy: :falco:
13: Firefly :yoshi2:
13: Drake :rob:
13: Captain L :pikachu2:
13: Busy :wario: :popo:
17: smash_mash :metaknight:
17: Big D :wario: :snake: :dedede: :popo: :diddy:
17: T-Block :diddy: :pt:
17: brningpyre :wario:
17: Blunted_Object :marth:
17: DTP :peach:
17: SKidd :mario2:
17: Sushi :diddy:
25: Kantrip :diddy:
25: Frio :pikachu2:
25: Crisis :falco:
25: GrapE :zelda:
25: Kodokan :marth:
25: Yoshara :wolf:
25: IHT :rob:
25: Arcansi :pit:

I'd like to apologize again about the situation with the venue. It was obviously very uncomfortable, and it pains me to think about how much effort a lot of you put into coming here only to have to deal with such cramped conditions. I really wish it could've turned out better. =[

I'd also like to apologize for my attitude during the event. I let the stress of the situation get to me and became really irritable as a result. If I rubbed anybody the wrong way, just know that it was me, and not you. >.<

Oh, and sorry again to Breez for being complete deadweight in doubles. lol

But hey, the tournament finished in good time, so it wasn't all bad, right? Thanks to everybody who traveled here for being a part of this, and GGs to everybody I played.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
these results are so wacky lol..

like look at the ties for 17th wtf rofl

tblock
skidd
smash_mash

lool

camden

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff to Drake on 13th. It's not the most amazing placing, but he did alright for his first tourney away from Nova Scotia.

swordgard

Smash Hero
East....coast....is....free?????

Nuuuuuuu- wait no, this is Tin Man we're talking about here.

:troll:
Tin man got 7th in a ottawa tournament. WC didn't place at any nationals, evidence would tend to suggest that EC>WC, but it isn't all 1 sided . But honestly...

who
the
hell
cares.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't care, I just like picking on people for no reason. No harm, Tin's still good, he just needs to stop travelling alone. If anything, we should be proud of Tinaye, seeing as how he's been all over Canada playing Smashers. Now he just needs to go to NS and kick *** there and he'll be set.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Good job Drake and Tinman! disappointed in you firefly meh boy :( Can't win em all tho! Come back to east coast so we can play more D:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'd like to apologize again about the situation with the venue. It was obviously very uncomfortable, and it pains me to think about how much effort a lot of you put into coming here only to have to deal with such cramped conditions. I really wish it could've turned out better.
nah don't be it prevented mk from getting first place.
Okay guys new rule. venues must be in uncomfortable places.

Asa

Smash Hero
Man KillLock didn't go Marth :(. Were some of the matches saved?

:phone:
killLock went marth against me in one game, but yeah he was pretty much all snake when he got to losers.

and yeah all the matches on the livestream were recorded. ppl reset my wii so none of that **** got recorded on mine

stuff that got recorded:
most of my 250mm with tinman
doubles GF
losers finals
winners semis
winner's finals
grand finals

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care, I just like picking on people for no reason. No harm, Tin's still good, he just needs to stop travelling alone. If anything, we should be proud of Tinaye, seeing as how he's been all over Canada playing Smashers. Now he just needs to go to NS and kick *** there and he'll be set.
Good job Drake and Tinman! disappointed in you firefly meh boy :( Can't win em all tho! Come back to east coast so we can play more D:
Thank you East Coast ^_^

Captain L

Smash Champion
rob also went diddy and falco in serious matches
grape was zelda

I went wolf only this whole tournament.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
and yeah all the matches on the livestream were recorded. ppl reset my wii so none of that **** got recorded on mine

stuff that got recorded:
most of my 250mm with tinman
doubles GF
losers finals
winners semis
winner's finals
grand finals
Yeah! I'll try to get them edited, encoded, and uploaded as quick as I can.

:phone:

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
In what thread should we discuss things like smashfests now? Probably not going to play again until Friday though.

Also, :( at having to play Daniel WR2.

breez

Smash Ace
I'll give a more detailed post later - but I just have to give a quick shoutout to Crisis.

This kid is legit, but can't seem to string wins together.

Keep practicing, come to smashfests, and your placings will skyrocket. Your techskill is mad, you gotta show these kids what you can really do!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Asa placing above Tin Man? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

T-Block, WTF.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Good stuff to Drake on 13th. It's not the most amazing placing, but he did alright for his first tourney away from Nova Scotia.
The skill level was through the roof. It was competing against BC Washington and Alberta. In my eyes I did just as good as Firefly, who won our tournament in NS.
No shame in my losses. Kill lock is a monster snake (I have 0 practice in the MU), and I don't have a good answer for DDD yet.

Thanks bro. But I did just as good as firefly? :/

I'm loving dem money matches. They were fun and challenging.
Whats the future thread you guys use for discussions and plans and such??

SKidd

Smash Master
1: Felix: It's a pity we didn't get to play. Maybe another time. Congratulations on getting 1st!

2: Alphicians: ***** me 1st round. You should sandbag pools more.

3: Asa: I will beat your Ness one day.

One day.

4: KillLock: I totally should've beat you in Mario dittos. Disappoint in self.

5: Tin Man: EAST COAST! Nah, but seriously, you took the word 'chill' to a whole new level. You made the most ridiculous DDD match hype(It's a shame it wasn't recorded), you won TWO-HUNDRED FIFTY ****ING DOLLARS in a money match, you wore a comb in your afro, you made a speech worthy of a thousand hugs, you ***** me in pools and at the same time took my dollar, and you gave me two hugs. So hype, this dude.

5: Junk: We never got to play. Ah, well. Next time, I suppose.

7: Fiji: Good job repping AB.

7: Bundtcake: Okay, you can have a shout out. Random free for all all stages and items was fun. I totally won that hug.

9: Kuraudo: We should've played more. We never got to play, really, seriously.

9: Breez: Step it up, lmao

9: Arsenal: I'm not sure if I played you or your twin. I got ***** by your/your twin's sandbagging Zelda.

9: Blue Yoshi: BLUE YOSHI IN THE NINTH SPOT! Of course. Random free for all items all stages was fun. Glad we got to hug in the end.

13: Firefly: Match 1 vs Kuraudo was so hype. You totally had that, I dunno where Kuraudo pulled out that win from.

13: Drake: Fun money match, I could've done a lot better though. Very nice ROB, I'll see you next tourney.

13: Captain L: Good **** man. You could've done better, though. Way better. I expect great things from you.

13: Busy: I never got to play you either. All I know is that you were in a hype DDD ditto.

Like, maaaad hype.

17: smash_mash: I saw you around, but I was always busy with playing tourney matches or mms or watching a hype match. We've only played once in doubles. And we've to the same tourney like 3 times.

17: Big D: You're too good. Way too good.

17: T-Block: I totally should've won our MM. ****. Get ***** in doubles, by the way.

17: brningpyre: I also could've won our MM as well. Thanks for the livestream set up and all. Also, if Mario fastfall bairs you, just shieldgrab him.

17: Blunted_Object: NO. WE'RE NOT PLAYING MELEE.

17: DTP: dat Peach. Close MM games. Good **** in doubles.

17: SKidd: derp

17: Sushi: I thought you would've placed higher, to be honest. You're really good.

25: Kantrip: We suck in doubles haha

25: Frio: How did you get 25th? I'm surprised. You ***** me in pools.

25: Crisis: You really are good. Just practice more, yo.

25: GrapE: Oh, you.

25: Kodokan: Hey, at least I took a game off of you this time!

25: Yoshara: Hmm... I can't remember who you were. We should've played.

25: IHT: I finally did it!

25: Arcansi: I definitely should've won in our MM. Like, definitely.

I suck at shout outs.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
This was a really fun tournament. shoutouts to jordan for finding a venue that still worked at the last second. Everything ran a lot better than I thought it would b/c WA sucks at running pools on time lololol. fun meeting canada. =)

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
How much money did tinman win in a money match what the ****!?

Two-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollarstwo-hundred fifty ****ing dollars

breez

Smash Ace
Hype news.

Blunted_Object is probably moving in with me, with the sole intent of ****** at the next tournament.

I'll catch up for all the time I lost not playing over the summer.

Look the **** out :D

Cruxis

Smash Lord
tin man is the real ****in winner here he beat asa in a 250 dollar MM 250 ****ing dollars 250, why he lost to asa in bracket after that i dont know but hes better than him if he beat him in a 250 ****ING DOLLAR MM

breez

Smash Ace
tin man is the real ****in winner here he beat asa in a 250 dollar MM 250 ****ing dollars 250, why he lost to asa in bracket after that i dont know but hes better than him if he beat him in a 250 ****ING DOLLAR MM
Get off his **** mang.

It went to game 7 and was close the entire set.

Asa beat him in bracket because they are so close in skill it could go either way.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You do know that Asa was going to pay Tin Man $250 anyway to get to BC, right?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh wow, $250 MM, that explains Tin's placing.

He didn't care, he'd already won the tourney, lol.

:troll:

Top Bottom