• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink: ~After Story~ 2 -- FREE Pizza -- FREE Drinks -- *MK Banned*

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't Blink: ~After Story~ 2

Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

We will be labeled 1740 on this map
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

The room is full of tables and chairs and the windows all look black from the outside. It's a very spacious and can easily hold 50+

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

Schedule

Saturday -- October 29th, 2011
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
2:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
3:30 - Brawl Pools
4:00 - Super Street Fighter 4: AE Bracket(3rd Strike will comence on completion of the AE bracket)
6:00 - Brawl Singles Bracket
7:00 - Brawl Minus Bracket

Times are approximate and subject to change at the TO's discretion.

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - $3

Main Events:
Brawl Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
Brawl Singles - $10
Melee Singles - $5

Side Events:
Brawl Minus - $2
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - $2
Street Fighter 3rd Strike - $2

Note: Your venue fee will be waived if you bring a FULL setup. That means both a TV and a Wii, NOT one or the other.

Side Event Notes:
-Brawl Minus will use the latest official release version. 4 stocks. Same ruleset as Brawl.
-SSF4:AE and 3SO will be Bo3 rounds, Bo3 games. Finals matches Bo5.

Payouts (Brawl Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Brawl Doubles >20 teams)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Brawl Singles <30 people)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Brawl Singles >30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Payouts (Side Events)
-60/30/10 if 10 or more entrants.
-Less than 10 entrants, 2nd place gets money back, 1st gets rest of pot.

Food

There will be FREE drinks and FREE Pizza at the venue!

There's also many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Kappy Clause: You cannot just eat the cheese and toppings off of the top of the pizza. You must eat your pizza like a human being and suppress your desire to troll and LOL.

Brawl Rules

- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- Metaknight is banned at the event. You cannot pick Metaknight in either Singles or Doubles

- All sets with the exception of grand finals, winner's finals, winner's semi-finals, loser's finals, and loser's semi-finals are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Suicide Rule - If a game ends in a suicide move, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. If the rematch ends in a suicide move, the winner will be determined by the player with the lowest percentage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

-There will be a Ledge Grab Limit of 50. If your match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

Stages

Starters

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counterpicks

Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The seven neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the seven neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The second player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

Pools/Bracket format

-For the Brawl Singles event, players will be assigned to one of 4 or 8 pools(depending on total number of entrants).

-Pools will be Round Robin format.

-In the event of a tie between two or more players in the same pool, the following criteria will be used to determine the tie-breaker in this order:

**Set Wins**
**Head to Head**
**Wins**
**Losses**
**One Game Rematch(1 stock, 3minute timer)**

-At the conclusion of pools, players will be seeded into a 16, 24, or 32-man bracket(again, depending on total number of entrants). Pool cuts may be necessary in order to create the bracket.

General Rules

-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

-Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

TO Contact

Kirk -- 224 - 805 - 3480
Oro -- 630 - 740 - 0270
Zwarm -- 847 - 239 - 0343

Kirk

Smash Champion
The next installment of DBAS is here!

Metaknight WILL be banned once again, and yes we are still planning to have a legal tournament or two before Apex...which will be either the next month or the month after...or both! This is to be determined.

Side events are flexible at the moment, depending on how everyone feels...I would personally like to complete the tourney in a timely manner this time!

Added some rule clarifications...mainly about Pool ties, as there were multiple discrepancies at the last one.

Halloween weekend! There MIGHT be something special planned...but WHO KNOWS!?

Some other stuff I'm forgetting...

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Already made plans to see the girlfriend that weekend, so I'll be a no-show :( Have fun, guys!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I won't be going to this.

I heard Spike Spiegel might make an appearance though... and I heard he has a pretty sick Ganon...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
If I make this, it'll be a pretty busy weekend. I'm already taking off work the day before this to go to a concert though, so we'll have to see.

I vote AE, at least. 3S would be nice too.

Dnyce

Smash Master
What version of brawl minus is being used?

a download link in the OP would be nice - I've only played b-minus like twice, so idk what 'latest version' means... but if it's like the other versions then I might as well enter for the free money ;o

yoshq

Smash Master
why isn't doubles $10? please, i'm trying to get my static partner to come from kansas.

actually he's proly not gonna make it. who wants to team that's good?

ORLY

Smash Master
i think there should be a costume thing at this

also: i.. i totally didn't notice halloween was so close to this. i just saw this as X weeks away from current date

hunger!

Smash Champion
Can be changed, if that's what the majority wants. History shows we get more entrants with $10 per team.

:phone:
this is a lie, kirk. w/e DB that had the $20 per team had the most teams entrants. ask arty, cause i noticed it right away ;)

edit: and not to mention i used to bring up how stupid $5 a person is all the time and IL biitched me out. ya'll are meanies!
edit 2: im not comin to this one so i couldn't care less

Kirk

Smash Champion
That DB had 14 teams. The one before it had 15(at 5$ entry).

Our last one had 11 teams, but also less people overall.

I can still make a poll regardless, or just state your opinions here.

:phone:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I vote $20 teams.

Also it looks like whoever wrote those rules got Ook'd one too many times.

NNID
MasterHavik
This sounds pretty godlike. I didn't know IL care for Smash. I mean I should get mad because there is no Mk. But this is pretty solid. Count me in. I haven't played in a while. And I'm excited to try one of the brawl hacks.

Top Bottom