• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many people dropped their main for MK before the ban?

Did you switch your main for Meta Knight pre-MK ban?

• Total voters

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I left Ike to main MK because MK was an easier way to get better at the game very fast.

Yikarur

Smash Master
well a lot of people didn't want to drop their main, they just took MK as secondary :D

tekkie

Smash Master
There should definitely be an option for "picked up as a secondary" that would have many more votes.

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
I started playing brawl as MK but I only played w/ friends and it became obvious that he was too good and I wasn't really having fun. So I switched to Olimar (lol hasn't solved anything but he isn't MK).

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
There should also be a "None of the above" option just so there's a point of reference on how many people voted.

-Changed "dropped" to "switched" in the poll title (for people who didn't drop their original main, but instead kept them around as a secondary and used MK as a main).

-Added 3rd option to poll.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
thanks twinkie =]

and theres no possible none of the above john, you either dropped your main for mk or you didnt lol. or the 3rd option I guess =p

link2702

Smash Champion
I almost did....

but then i opted to quit brawl altogether.

with him gone i am seriously reconsidering coming back.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Was thinking about it for doubles. He's a very loose side-character used to help others in the MU, not really a secondary.

Life

Smash Hero
If by "picked him up as a secondary" you mean "used him once against a Lucario [Sonic's worst matchup, most likely] and still lost", then I picked him up as a secondary. Otherwise meh.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
When I saw that he was first on the tier list, I tried him out to see how good he was. Played him for a month or so, got bored and moved on.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I wanted to main him since like release but then I found out I have no idea how to use him so I gave up.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
I used MK when Brawl come out, before i know'd about tier list and that stuff.
Then... Oh God, top tier...

actually... i left Metaknight... i main'd Snake (when I was thinking that Snake >>> MK)
Then... I go back to my main... but Unity **** it XD

I picked MK up as a secondary for the matchups that I absolutely hated to play as TL (Pit, ROB, TL, MK, some low tiers, etc.)

Now that he's gone I actually have to learn all those matchups with Toon Link. x___x

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I read about him on the Dojo before the game came out, and I decided that he was awesome and I wanted to use him and Kirby (my usual main). I was pretty good with him, then I found out he was god tier and borderline broken, so I quit using him on principle... of course, I have nothing against using him when money's on the line :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I dropped Peach for Marth and picked up MK as a secondary a few months ago. It's ironic that he'd get banned soon after I gave into using him seriously, but I'm not complaining...I've got a fun new main out of the situation. :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Considered many times picking him up
Lies and slander. AFAIK you've never even hovered over a character other than Marth on the character select screen for more than 0.2 seconds when it comes to tourney. Rarely enough in friendlies, lol.

I'd never pick up MK, for a lot of reasons.

:248:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lies and slander. AFAIK you've never even hovered over a character other than Marth on the character select screen for more than 0.2 seconds when it comes to tourney. Rarely enough in friendlies, lol.

I'd never pick up MK, for a lot of reasons.

There was a period of time where I was so frustrated with MK that I tried to pick him up solely for the ditto. Obviously this was on my own time, though Jesse can verify.

Didn't pan out really, though I did play the ditto against Matt at a monthly once.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
There was a period of time where I was so frustrated with MK that I tried to pick him up solely for the ditto. Obviously this was on my own time, though Jesse can verify.

Didn't pan out really, though I did play the ditto against Matt at a monthly once.
Fair enough. I never knew you used him at a monthly though, Matt's MK was never exactly "must switch to MK myself or I lose" territory.

<3 your Wario, Matt.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i dropped mario for mk because mario is garbage. since the mk ban i have thought about maining mario again but quickly realized mario is still garbage.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My ROB had to go for MK. I regret nothing. MK was so fun to play and the game still is even though I lost him.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Nope. I wanted to play all Kirby characters, but my Dedede never "took off" and I never liked how MK plays. And then, I find out he's absurdly overpowered.

Now I use him for a couple of matches on friendlies, only to see how my MK with zero experience is better at some MUs than my Jiggs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh--My mistake. I switched characters around a ton to try to deal with Meta Knight.

Top Bottom