• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Captain Falcon Tech/Trick Video

lordhelmet

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiU1yevyaO0

Nothing amazing, really. Mostly me messing around.

Not all of the combos on Diddy are frame perfect, they are however pretty cool, and I think we can expand on these and find some more reliable locks. Possibly using the Instant Ground Throw which I haven't fully explored.

Running Regrab on Wario is close to a true combo, but not quite so I cut it from the video.

Fhanfus loop is not frame perfect, ROB can avoid the footstool but not the Nair/Knee. The Bair Lock -> Falcon Punch is frame perfect.

The Uair -> Falcon Punch on Bowser is also frame perfect. If anyone could find a better setup than dthrow, that would be awesome.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Good stuff.

Especially the nanner->first hit Nair(->repeat)->fair stuff

AwesomeawesomeAWESOME

I might mess around with that concept, too

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I was testing the FH Nair -> Banana Throw in Frame Advance. It's extremely difficult to test it properly, but it looks like Diddy has a very few frames to airdodge.

I want to explore the banana infinite using Instant Ground Throw, but it's really tough and I haven't felt like messing with it much :L

Zeallyx

I was testing the FH Nair -> Banana Throw in Frame Advance. It's extremely difficult to test it properly, but it looks like Diddy has a very few frames to airdodge.

I want to explore the banana infinite using Instant Ground Throw, but it's really tough and I haven't felt like messing with it much :L
What exactly is the instant ground throw? (Please refer to the time/times during your video where you use it)

Also, just for the epicz, might it be possible to:

Nanner->FHN+regrab nanner->footstool->nanner drop->falcon punch

or something like that?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272923

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207191

Diddy threads. I didn't use it in the video, I can do it but not consistently, and it's annoying trying to research at this library then go home to training mode lol.

I didn't think of trying footstool -> Zdrop. I tried FH Nair -> Zdrop -> Punch which looked awesome but the Diddy could actually just walk away before the banana hit him. And yes, Zdrop -> Punch is a true combo if you time it right.

Zeallyx

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272923

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207191

Diddy threads. I didn't use it in the video, I can do it but not consistently, and it's annoying trying to research at this library then go home to training mode lol.

I didn't think of trying footstool -> Zdrop. I tried FH Nair -> Zdrop -> Punch which looked awesome but the Diddy could actually just walk away before the banana hit him. And yes, Zdrop -> Punch is a true combo if you time it right.
I see, thanks.

But might FHN->Footstool->Z drop nanner->Falcon punch, indeed, work?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I have a feeling it would work, but he'd be able to roll away before the banana caught him. He seems to be able to recover from the footstool really quickly (IE: he can roll a decent amount of time before I Nair'd him a second time in the video).

I'll test it when I get home probably.

Zeallyx

I have a feeling it would work, but he'd be able to roll away before the banana caught him. He seems to be able to recover from the footstool really quickly (IE: he can roll a decent amount of time before I Nair'd him a second time in the video).

I'll test it when I get home probably.
Alright.

Can you also please test if the fhanfus loop is frame perfect on other characters it 'works' on (Examples: Marth, Samus)?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Alright.

Can you also please test if the fhanfus loop is frame perfect on other characters it 'works' on (Examples: Marth, Samus)?
I'll have to do really extensive testing just because I'm not that familiar with Frame Advance. FH Nair just doesn't seem to give enough time to get above them to footstool.

Again, I'll have to double check it, but I couldn't get it to where ROB couldn't jump before I could footstool him.

Zeallyx

I'll have to do really extensive testing just because I'm not that familiar with Frame Advance. FH Nair just doesn't seem to give enough time to get above them to footstool.

Again, I'll have to double check it, but I couldn't get it to where ROB couldn't jump before I could footstool him.
I see.

Well, if you ever get to double checking it, please do tell the results.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Haven't messed with much yet :L

Thanks Psycho, that's what I was looking for the whole time.

Also, Late AC'd Sourspot (hitting with the chest) Bair combos into Jab -> Grab and looks really hax. I'll look into it a bit more.

Top Bottom