• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shichi-Kakuto-Geemu - CANCELLED!!!!!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion

You need to hone your craft, make sure you have something special to offer and then go for it!

OUGA is now in COLUMBUS!!!!

THIS TOURNAMENT LINE UP:

Main Events:

Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (Wii/Cube)
Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox-360)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox-360)

*Setups and entrants amount determines if these events will happen.

This time there is a 32 man cap PER event, though you may enter 2 events.
THIS TOURNAMENT IS ALL ROUND ROBIN!!!!!!

WHERE?

ZENO’S BAR!!!
384 West 3rd Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201-3318

The Orange Circles are where the entrances are.
The Blue Circles are where you can park. (Even though one of them claims to pay in a booth... you do not have to.)
Everywhere else, you will get towed if you park there.

Zeno's is a bar.
If you are UNDER 21, YOU CANNOT ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!
Sadly there is no way around this, so as long as there are events here: under 21 is NOT allowed.

They have great food so I highly recommend eating at the venue.
We have the entire downstairs dedicated to this event.

Here is their website:
http://www.zenosbar.com/

The 2 lower pictures under "Promotions" is the part we'll be in.

When?
December, 3rd
Schedule coming soon.

How Much?
$5 Venue (waved if you bring a FULL SETUP* AND we use it. First come first serve.)

$3 venue with Console
$1 venue with TV
$10 Entry PER TOURNAMENT

Food can be bought at the venue.

* A Full Setup means TV plus system + game WITH EVERYTHING UNLOCKED!!!! (Except Costumes)

Details!!!!

This tournament is an All-iout Round Robin event. Which I am calling "Gauntlet" Format.

Also...
THE EVENT HAS A 48 MAN CAP FOR EACH EVENT!!!!!
This is because of the size of the venue, and the amount of time I have it for. I am working on getting a larger, cheaper venue. BUT until then, there is a cap.

Yes this means there can be more than 48 people at the tournament just 48 per event.

Also there will be no pools for any $5 tournaments. (Sorry Brawlers.)

PREREGISTRATION

THERE WILL BE A LINK FOR THIS SOON!

GENERAL RULES:

All Games will be in one large pool. Or in 2 Large Pools that Eliminate into one final large pool.

Payouts:
(For all 10 dollar tournaments with 16+ people)
1st: 40%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 20%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%

(For all 10 dollar tournaments with less than 16 people)
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: Entry Fee Back

Conduct:

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller malfunctions or incorrect button settings, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that is responsible for the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you. This does not apply if the player is in a different tournament game.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion. Applies mostly to Smash games.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches. PS3 users please use the “Disconnect Controller” from the home menu.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. While doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
Applies mostly to Smash games.

* Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.
AKA don't be a **** if we want to use gameplay footage for future events or streams.

* Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule:
If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game before the victory screen) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.

In other words, be respectful to the games and the players.

Format
All tournaments will be:
Round Robin
Best of 3 games
Winner is determine by this order:
1) Wins - Losses
2) Head to Head
3) More Set wins

Please bring your own controller (some controllers MIGHT be available if a player does not own the system, but would like to enter a tournament.)

MORTAL KOMBAT 2011:

Winner MUST stay character.
Best of 3 rounds, 99 Seconds.
Setups MUST have ALL CHARACTERS unlocked to be waived.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3:
Cannot have duplicate character on your team.
Winner must stay Characters, but may change lineup and assist types.
99 Seconds
Normal Mode
Setups MUST have ALL CHARACTERS unlocked to be waived.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime. (Please ask me or any of the staff)

Order of play:
1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. ( “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2.)
7 Stages: 1-1-2-2-2-1
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
4. The winner of the previous match may announce one stage to be banned from the CP list and ANOTHER stage to be banned from the Neutral List.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Meta Knight is Banned.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Standing Infinites are banned

* No Ledge Grab Limit

* Suicide Moves that end the game uses same rules for a time-out game.

Stage List:

Neutrals (For Stage Striking):
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Counter-picks:
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Brinstar
Green Greens
Pirate Ship

Super Smash Brothers Melee:
COMING SOON!

Super Street Fighter IV AE:
Winner must Stay character, but may change Ultras.
Best of 3 Rounds, 99 Seconds.

Yoshi
Best of 5, all rounds.
[/B].
ONLY 1 DOLLAR ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Payouts:
Same as regular events.
Time Pending

MYSTERY TOURNAMENT
Single Elimination
Best of 3. Best of 5 in Semis and Finals, unless noted otherwise.
25 cents entry.
Winner gets all minus 25 cents.
Second gets 25 cents back.
Time Pending

LINKS:[/url]

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I should be there for Melee, barring any sort of problems come up.

Sucks with the 21+ rule. I have a friend who'd love to enter SSFIV, but he's 20. : /

D

Deleted member

Well I'll be there at least, and I'm sure I'll have Helen with me if Jiffy has to work. Hopefully he doesn't, though.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
There's a Naruto tournament on the same day in Cincinnati. No joke.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
This one will be fun though! I think I'm gonna approach this tourney AZ-style. :troll:

Drunk Brawl is fun on its own, so a drunk tourney sounds awesomeeeeee.

inb4michigan

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll talk to people and see what interest there is in coming out to one of these again. And yeah, I'm thinking the same as you are, Brian XD

DBSammy

Smash Ace
This one will be fun though! I think I'm gonna approach this tourney AZ-style. :troll:

Drunk Brawl is fun on its own, so a drunk tourney sounds awesomeeeeee.

inb4michigan
Winning barely enough money that it offsets the amount of cash spent on Long Island Iced Teas?

:phone:

TheKiest

Smash Champion
So some changes I'm going to try this time around and for future Zeno's Kakuto Geemus.

TOurnament limited to 6 events. AE, Brawl, Melee, SSF4, Side Event, Mystery Event.

The side event will be Drunk Driving Mario Kart.

Rules:
Player must have drank 3 beers.
1 dollar entry.

Mystery Event... duh...

All 4 events will have this new format: Gauntlet
Gauntlet Format is as follows:
10 dollar entry
Top 6 payouts.
Round Robin: 1 Pool.

That is all.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I believe some SRK guys were buying drinks for underaged participants in the last tournament. So they said that for the next tourney, everyone has to be 21 to come into the venue.

lain

Smash Master
so tempted to come to this D:

i love the bar venue, but i obviously don't think it's a good idea in lieu of smaller/no attendance.

sounds more like a "come get drunk and have fun at this not-tourney!" tourney. rofl

Top Bottom