• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Brawl Power Rankings - UPDATED 9/1/12

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Utah hasn't had a legit thread for our Power Rankings for a long time, so this is here to change that. Eventually this should probably branch out to cover Melee as well, but due to a lack in Melee tournaments, the small size of our Melee scene, and the fact that we may combine Melee with Idaho, we'll deal with that later.

These rankings are based off pure results.

BRAWL POWER RANKINGS - #5 (9/1/12)
1. _X_ :sonic: :marth: 0 - 400.00
2. Lada :rob: :falco: 0 - 273.46
3. Ken Neth :snake: :dk2: +2 - 205.36
4. Mars :sheik: :metaknight: -1 - 151.35
5. Dark Ryu :diddy: :ike: -1 - 148.01
6. Z'zgashi :bowser2: :yoshi2: +3 - 119.97
7. deathbysuarez :toonlink: :sonic: +1 - 98.68
8. Staz :falco: -1 - 87.22
9. Yaz :metaknight: :wario: -3 - 79.88
10. I See :popo: :snake: 0 - 69.51
HONORABLE MENTIONS
HM. Jellyfishn :lucas: :dedede: :gw: 0 - 68.75
HM. Wangston :falco: NEW - 68.30

PR Image coming soon!

PAST RANKINGS

[COLLAPSE="#1 (10/08/11)"]BRAWL POWER RANKINGS - #1 (10/08/11)
1. Sexy Yaz - :metaknight:
2. Lada - :rob: :lucario:
3. Dark Ryu - :diddy:
4. XDDD - :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: :snake:
5. Staz - :falco:
6. Mars - :sheik: :metaknight:
7. Fluttershy - :yoshi2:
8. deathbysuarez - :toonlink: :sonic:
9. lanky_gunner - :snake:
10. Tsuteto - :zelda:

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="#2 (12/15/11)"]BRAWL POWER RANKINGS - #2 (12/15/11)
1. Lada - :rob: :lucario: +1
2. Mars - :sheik: :wario: +4
3. Sexy Yaz - :metaknight: :wario: -2
4. XDDD - :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: :snake: 0
5. Staz - :falco: 0
6. Dark Ryu - :diddy: :wario: -3
7. deathbysuarez - :toonlink: :sonic: +1
8. Fluttershy - :yoshi2: :bowser2: -1
9. Gangstakirby - :kirby2: :fox: :falcon: NEW
10. Jellyfishn - :dedede: :gw: :toonlink: NEW
HONORABLE MENTIONS
HM. Rockmix - :ness2: NEW
HM. Cherry - :peach: NEW[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="#3 (1/24/12)"]BRAWL POWER RANKINGS - #3 (1/24/12)
1. _X_ :sonic: :metaknight: NEW
2. Lada :rob: :falco: -1
3. Dark Ryu :diddy: :ike: +3
4. Ken Neth :snake: NEW
5. Mars :sheik: :metaknight: :wario: -3
6. Staz :falco: -1
7. Sexy Yaz :metaknight: :wario: -4
8. Z'zgashi :yoshi2: :bowser2: 0
9. deathbysuarez :toonlink: :sonic: -2
10. harupia190 :fox: :toonlink: :random: NEW
HONORABLE MENTIONS
HM. Jellyfishn :dedede: :gw: :toonlink: -1
HM. Cherry :peach: 0[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="#4 (6/28/12)"]BRAWL POWER RANKINGS - #4 (6/28/12)
1. _X_ :sonic: 0
2. Lada :rob: :falco: 0
3. Mars :sheik: :metaknight: +2
4. Dark Ryu :diddy: :ike: -1
5. Ken Neth :snake: :dk2: :peach: -1
6. Yaz :metaknight: :wario: +1
7. Staz :falco: -1
8. deathbysuarez :toonlink: :sonic: +1
9. Z'zgashi :yoshi2: :bowser2: -1
10. I See :popo: :snake: NEW
HONORABLE MENTIONS
HM. Jellyfishn :lucas: :dedede: :gw: :olimar: 0
HM. Sephiroth :marth: :metaknight: NEW
HM. Rade :toonlink: :fox: :random: -3
HM. Rush :sonic: NEW

SPECIAL SHOUTOUTS
XDDD - One of the best players to come from Utah, and easily would have made it into the top 3 this time around had he not moved for college. He will be missed not only as a powerful player, but as a great person and friend to everyone in the scene.

Ebo - Although he was only in Utah for a couple months, he attended every event, smashfest, you name it, and quickly grew on our scene to a point where he felt a part of us. Unfortunately, he had to leave for home as well, but there is no doubt that he left an impression on the scene during his visit and will be long remembered.

Wangston - A great character and a veteran to the scene for many years, but was gone on a religious mission for 2 years until just lately when he returned. While he was rusty, he quickly regained him former skill and improved quickly. Even though it seemed as if he had just returned back from his mission, he moved a few months later, but there is no doubt he would have shown up somewhere in the rankings had he still been here.[/COLLAPSE]

XDDD

Smash Rookie
Man... my MK ALWAYS beats Lada >.<
And I thought Dryu was better than him
Does Sinz not come to enough tournies or something? He's good enough for top 5 since X is out of state
And no Shiro either =.=
/ ragequit

But good job at editing and decent PRs

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Man, I haven't even been to a tourney in how long, and I'm on the PR? Who decided that?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Man... my MK ALWAYS beats Lada >.<
And I thought Dryu was better than him
Does Sinz not come to enough tournies or something? He's good enough for top 5 since X is out of state
And no Shiro either =.=
/ ragequit

But good job at editing and decent PRs
Sinz hasnt been to a tournament in ages, he hasnt been to any of the past 14 tournaments.

Also, Shiro is #12 if you are wondering.

Man, I haven't even been to a tourney in how long, and I'm on the PR? Who decided that?
There was a 3 month gap until we had another tournament, so while it feels like you havent been to one in a while, you've been to 2 of the last 4 which is considered active.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
0.0 Well, that'll probably change for the worse XD I may not be active until mid next year, if all goes well, of course :p

-Final-

Aria♪
^^^^^^^^ That might be around when the next tourney will be at this rate.

Pssh. Z'zgashi is on this but I'm not. We never play in tournament matches. Ever. I think the last one was like a year ago.

And I definitely don't approve of the ponies. I call being that ********-looking dragon thing if I ever get on the PR. :p

-Final

:avril:

EDIT: Err... where the hell am I on the rankings anyways? :/

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Aaaaand I don't know who Lyra is :/ Switch for Apple Bloom? Oh oh! And whoever gets knocked off the PR should be Derpy Hooves!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, kind of needs to be, after the many tourneys I haven't been to :p Once being more secure in SLC area (hopefully), and my fiance (soon to be wife) has a job secured along with me, hopefully I can run monthlies, bi-weeklies if I'm REALLY up to it, but at least monthlies so we have something a little more to go off of people.

I'll apologize in advance to the people down in the Orem/Provo area for having more tournaments away from you :(

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Sorry, I would've gotten a link, but my internet was about to crash, and I had to go for it. It's back up now!

But the links already there.

I use that PR system on minecraft.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And yes, we go off the panel's votes for these rankings, but we do use this formula as a tie breaker. The reason we use the panel is for cases where the bracket is unfair for some people and such (for example, Rockmix getting bracket ***** at the lock in, under dogs winning which sends higher ranked people to losers bracket ending players who wouldve gone further, etc). While the system is good, it doesnt take into account things like that, which is why in the end we ultimately leave the final rankings up to the panel.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
And yet I somehow make it XD

Also, when make updates and what not, are you going to change the ponies around?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, the panel will decide on a theme while we make the rankings. Tbh, I have NO IDEA what it will be, so I literally have no way to give any spoilers lol. Also, Im PRETTY sure it wont stay as MLP.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Updated because I promised an update before the Newmont tournament (and we needed one).

The rankings, like last time, are based 100% off results, so no personal opinions or anything went into this, it was all number crunching. Due to the fact that it's only off results however, people like Ken Neth and Rade had a huge disadvantage coming into this due to only having one tournament worth of results, and people like Dryu who were inactive only just came back to attending tournaments again. That should change next update however as we plan on having the panel all set up and ready by then.

Another thing I should mention, due to the increase in active smashers, I have added in an honorable mention section as well for people who were just short of top 10. In the future, that section will be for people who received votes towards being top 10 from the panel, but didnt end up making top 10. Right now, it is for people who were within 10 points of top 10.

Top Bottom