• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC Trifecta Part 2 10/8

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Singles Bracket:
1: Vinnie :popo::gw::metaknight: ($210)
2: Mew2King :metaknight: ($105)
3: vVv Cheese :popo::metaknight: ($50)
4: Kai :diddy::sonic: ($20)
5: vVv Chibo :rob: ($10)
5: Chimpakt :diddy: ($10)
7: WEDGE :sonic:
7: D1 :falco: :metaknight:
9: Hanzo :falco:
9: Zorai :marth::metaknight:
9: DarkPch. :peach:
9: Royal :snake:
13: CoonTail :pt:
13: Raptor :yoshi2:
13: Ebo :dedede::marth:
13: Gunblade :snake::metaknight:
17: Sama :luigi2:
17: Xivk :lucario:
17: vVv Rapture :kirby2: :wario:
17: Ring of Fire :falco:
17: Doctor Pepper :popo:
17: Calm :olimar:
17: Ghost :kirby2:
17: Phoenix Lord :pikachu2:
25: Jamajj :olimar:
25: Lunar :falco:

Bracket Image:

Doubles:
1: M2K :metaknight: vVv Chibo :rob: ($93)
2: Vinnie :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: Viva :gw: ($47)
3: Kai :sonic::diddy: DarkPch :peach: ($20)
4: Chimpakt :diddy: WEDGE :sonic:
5: Raptor :yoshi2: Sama :luigi2:
5: D1 :metaknight: Gunblade :metaknight:
7: Ring of Fire :falco: Lunar :gw::metaknight:
7: VidmasterPat ?? RJ ??

Amateur Singles:
1: Dr. Pepper :popo: ($10)
2: Jamaj :olimar: ($5)
3: RJ
4: Spencer M
5: Raceman
5: Seth G
7: Anthony M
7: vVv Tox
9: Drew
9: VidmasterPat

There were 41 entrants for singles, plus the two amateur winners who were re-promoted to the bracket as part of the prize for top 2 Amateur Bracket placings.

Full pool results will be available on AiB

Thanks for coming everyone, I'll do shoutouts, characters, and payouts after I get some sleep!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Whaaaaaaat. Good job Vinnie! Did Chibo use Rob in doubles?

Nice placing from you too Ch33s3.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
MK was legal at this and the attendance was fantastic, well done, MK didn't decrease any people showing up here

Good job on 3rd Cheese and good stuff too Kai as well.

:017:

Vinnie

Smash Master
MK was legal at this and the attendance was fantastic, well done, MK didn't decrease any people showing up here
lol, I'm pretty sure the attendance would have been 20+ or 30+ even if it had items on. Lots of players that entered this tournament entered for the hell of it, because many of them don't play competitively. Half the people there I have never seen before in my life, they were mostly from other games that were happening at the event (GoW3, pokemon, etc).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Full shouts later, fun times. Crazy insane tired, just got home.

Whaaaaaaat. Good job Vinnie! Did Chibo use Rob in doubles?

Nice placing from you too Ch33s3.
Yea, and ROB is amazing in doubles :p
He doesn't fit with M2K's normal team strategy perfect though, I know how to do it but ROB functions a slightly differ way, hard to discuss that much.

Can't wait to see the brackets. I was shocked when I was in winners semis because of my seed. Awesome job to Hanzo and Royal, never have seen you guys before and you're both really legit!
Crazy awesome games CoonTail as always
Congrats Vinnie!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Attendance at mk legal tournies will decrease when 90% of the tournies around it are mk banned aka after Apex.

Great job Vinnie.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I heard James/ jilla beat cheese. what did he enter as?

good job kai Vinnie and zucco

:phone:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Singles Bracket:
1: Vinnie :popo::gw::metaknight: (I used MK one game against Chibo and won game 3 using G&W but yeah I guess MK has to be included. -_-)
2: Mew2King :metaknight:
3: vVv Cheese :popo::metaknight:
4: Kai :diddy::sonic:
5: vVv Chibo :rob:
5: Chimpakt :diddy:
7: WEDGE :sonic:
7: D1 :falco:
9: Hanzo :falco:
9: Zorai :marth::metaknight:
9: DarkPch. :peach:
9: Royal :snake:
13: CoonTail :pt:
13: Raptor :yoshi2:
13: Ebo :dedede::marth:
13: Gunblade :snake::metaknight: ?
17: Sama :luigi2:
17: Xivk :lucario: ?
17: vVv Rapture :kirby2:
17: Ring of Fire :falco:
17: Doctor Pepper ??
17: Calm ??
17: Ghost :kirby2:
17: Phoenix Lord :pikachu2:(:marth:?)
25: Jamajj ?
25: Lunar ?

Doubles:
1: M2K :metaknight: vVv Chibo :rob:
2: Vinnie :metaknight::zerosuitsamus: Viva :gw:
3: Kai :sonic::diddy: DarkPch :peach:
4: Chimpakt :diddy: WEDGE :sonic:
5: Raptor :yoshi2: Sama :luigi2:
5: D1 :metaknight:? Gunblade :metaknight:?
7: Ring of Fire :falco: Lunar :gw::metaknight:
7: VidmasterPat ?? RJ ??

Amateur Singles:
1: Dr. Pepper
2: Jamaj
3: RJ
4: Spencer M
5: Raceman
5: Seth G :snake:
7: Anthony M
7: vVv Tox :diddy:
9: Drew
9: VidmasterPat

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Vinnie for friday night and dubs <333
Thank you Brian for sugging digg and driving <3
Thank you Chibo for being free in dubs <heart>
Thank you Rapture's Wairo for making silly combros
Nice seeing everyone. :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My only mediocre loss was Cheese, that's it. I lost to him and Vinnie.
Even though I can say every single thing Cheese is going to do, he just knows my ROB + the stuff he does is really good vs ROB I can't do it. I'm likely not going ROB next time I play him, and I'll probably do way better lol

Pipe down young man

D1

Damn that was the most fun I had playing Brawl in a while! Shoutouts to Wedge and Kai for beasting w/ Sonic!

Rapture stop being hilarious on rides back home w/ Crismas, Strife, and Xvik one day I'll have an accident!

Coontail I think I spelled it right...is hella chill! Never knew he knew Ryko!

Vinnie you da BESS!!! Good job beating the big bad bat, you made it look like he didn't need to get banned at all...especially after winning game 5 w/ Sopo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunblade thanks for teaming!

Royal nice Snake!

Cheese great event! Wish more people came! Also thanks for the all the propz guys after me not entering/playing for a good time. I guess I just gotta work on my anti-Sonic/ICz MUs if I wanna get back into the scene! :D

Much <3 to everyone and anyone I forgot, you're awesome!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Also I didn't notice much at the event since I was busy with Pokemon while not smashing, but mega props to Cheese running this. He ran this really efficiently. 41 (or 42?) person tournament with pools, amateur bracket, reg bracket, and doubles and being done at like 9 30 or 10pm and starting at 1pm or something. just work on your pre-event hype a tad

ch33s3

Smash Lord
My only mediocre loss was Cheese, that's it. I lost to him and Vinnie.
Even though I can say every single thing Cheese is going to do, he just knows my ROB + the stuff he does is really good vs ROB I can't do it.
And this is why I tell you I'm going to hit you, and then hit you anyway? Please MM me for lots with any character. Thanks.

Characters, payouts, etc, going up now.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Still salty about my match with you, Cheese.
MM me at the next event we're at :< I won't CP myself this time rofl.
Sure! You're actually pretty hard to catch, you just went into my pivot grab a bit too much game 1. :)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I would like a Wario next to the Kirby in the results. I did use him to advance out of pools and used him in bracket.

Thnx.

Shoutouts laterz.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Yeah I was stupidly aggro against ICs :(
Oh and rapture, hold down on the analog stick as wario when you get grabbed if characters are trying to air release you and your feet aren't off the ground. I air released you to fsmash as sonic and yelled THAT DOESNT WORK. Hope you got the picture.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I am Calm and I use Olimar.

Fun tournament. I got really salty after I lost badly to Kai's Fox and dipped. I'm getting sick of being super obvious and then not being able to get myself to not be obvious. Also trying to get to the ground with Olimar blows. I've always known that, but it was made crystal clear against D1's MK.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Aight, shoutouts time:

1: Vinnie – Amazing stuff my man. Sorry for being over at Gears a lot of the time and not being able to chill with you more, but I did get to catch a lot of your games and, as usual, you're a boss. Congrats on first place, you earned it.

3: Cheese – Thanks Coach Cheese for supporting me in Gears 3 and being a bro, like always. Good stuff at 3rd. I'll MM your Kirby someday.

5: Chibo – I hope my cheering during Pokemon helped, but no double scoops? What do...

7: WEDGE – Nice Sonic, definitely impressed me. I need to learn that MU, good stuff!

7: D1 – My main man! Always great seeing you, sorry I couldn't stay over last night. Our carpool is the best! IHOP for days!

9: DarkPch. - My Kirby still exists, my dude!

13: Coontail – Thanks for the support, my friend. It helps a lot. And great set, second game was definitely a well-fought one. Your PT is getting better every time I play it.

13: Raptor – Good stuff my man, also that Yoshi plushie is ****ing awesome.

13: Gunblade – Always great seeing you, thanks for the coaching, it's always appreciated.

17: Xivk – Carpool memories! Get those poses. XD

17: vVv Rapture – Apparently your Wario impressed people?

Overall, awesome event, thanks for making it great, everyone!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
5: Chibo – I hope my cheering during Pokemon helped, but no double scoops? What do...
I did yell double scoops when I beat him lmao

I wasn't sure if you would hear it though, it was rly loud in there.

I normally wouldn't do that showboating, but the kid was really pissing me off. He was so upset I won because of hax (according to him even though I don't think it mattered) that he legit asked me to let him win, to which I laughed at him and finished the game.

D1

Also shoutout to Chibo for putting the cheating Pokemon chick on BLAST! LMAO goddamn that was hilarious.

Stay salty.

Also put MK next to my name. I used Falco/MK since its a pretty damn nasty combo that covers all matchups unless you're unexperienced/rusty vs. low tiers.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Also shoutout to Chibo for putting the cheating Pokemon chick on BLAST! LMAO goddamn that was hilarious.
OMG please do tell.

@Chibo: I didn't hear you! Double Scoooooops!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Vinnie- Congrats man! Very well done.

vVv Cheese- You ran a great tournament. GG's.

vVv Chibo- No Chibo mode?

D1- GG's man. I'm glad we got to play as well, despite how bad my diddy got ***** game 1 lol.

DarkPch- GG's. It was fun teaming.

Raptor-GG's

Ebo- GG's. Nice Marth

Gunblade-You were the my opposition in doubles....what foolishness is this? Wanna team at concentrate? Good seeing you as always sir :)

Phoenix Lord- You have a good pikachu. I'd like to see you place better.

Cheese ran the event very well. Props to him for that, and dealing with KOTC in general.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
vVv Chibo- No Chibo mode?
Yo I sorta did vs Hanzo lol, that was close.

OMG please do tell.

@Chibo: I didn't hear you! Double Scoooooops!
Her boyfriend was sitting across the table (next to me) and was texting every single action I did to her.
After like 6 turns or so (idk maybe 6-8) I was completely sure of it and told the TO.
Prior to that, every single move she did was 100% perfect, and I was really in a bad spot, and she was making insane predictions that made no sense. After that happened and her bf was forced to not be at the table, she was playing terribly, and couldn't read me at all. Not to mention she looked like she was upset and breathing heavily and stuff I guess thinking she was going to get in trouble. Turns out her bf was main staff there for the Pokemon event and she is like some big name user on YouTube with a partnership and everything for Pokemon. After I was down 5 to 6 in a bad position, I ended up 3-0ing her easily when she didn't have bf assistance lol.

Top Bottom