• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Mines 2 10/22/11 Michael's Birthday Bash Feat. BBQ

Player-1

Smash Legend
Brawl Singles:

1. Esam ft. BBQ :pikachu2::popo: ($156)
2. Kadaj ft. BBQ :snake::metaknight::marth: ($78)
3. Player-1ft. BBQ :190: ($26)
4. Micaelis ft. BBQ :wario::dk2:
5. BigLou ft. BBQ :snake::diddy::metaknight:
5. Turtl (DRN) ft. BBQ :zerosuitsamus: (forfeit)
7. H1N1 ft. BBQ :popo:
7. Mc Pe ft. BBQ :wolf::kirby2:
9. Arch ft. BBQ :toonlink::metaknight:
9. Scatt ft. BBQ :snake::olimar:
9. uncle ft. BBQ :bowser2::gw:
9. Scatz ft. BBQ :yoshi2:
13. Shaslam ft. BBQ :dedede::metaknight:
13. Neo X ft. BBQ :warioc:
13. Hero?! ft. BBQ :peach:
13. Stockfield ft. BBQ :snake::rob:

Bracket: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/bigbut6/saltmine2bracket.jpg

Brawl Singles Pools:

1. Turtl (DRN) ft. BBQ
1. BigLou ft.. BBQ
1. Esam ft. BBQ
1. Kadaj ft. BBQ
1. Micaelis ft. BBQ
6. Mc Pee ft. BBQ
6. Player-1 ft. BBQ
6. Arch ft. BBQ
6. Hero?! ft. BBQ
6. Scatt ft. BBQ
11. H1N1 ft. BBQ
11. stockfield ft. BBQ
11. ShaSlam ft. BBQ
11. Scatz ft. BBQ
11. Neo X ft. BBQ
13.5. uncle ft. BBQ
16. aml?! ft. BBQ
16. Flea ft. BBQ
16. Killnator ft. BBQ
16. Aubrey Grahm (Alby) ft. BBQ
16. Player-3 ft. BBQ
21. Bic ft. BBQ
21. Player-4 ft. BBQ
21. Link Queen ft. BBQ
21. LionA ft. BBQ
26. mercy ft. BBQ

Pools Image: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/bigbut6/saltmine2pools.jpg

Brawl Doubles:
1. Team Farm ft. BBQ (Kadaj and Esam) $84
2. Team Michael's Birthday ft. BBQ (Michael and BigLou) $36
3. Legacy of Hero Feat. BBQ ft. BBQ (turtl [DRN] and Mc Pee)
4. Scatt and Neo x ft. BBQ
5. Philosophical Exemplifications ft. BBQ (Player-1 and Player-3)
6. Rogelio ft. BBQ (H1N1 and arch)

Round Robin Image: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/bigbut6/saltmine2doubles.jpg

I need help with the characters if anyone wants to post them. Fun tournament, my apologies to Scatt and Neo X who had to play 1st round losers, there really wasn't anything we could do in the bracket arranging to fit both seeds and location of players and you guys just had to play =/. Shoutouts later.

Player-1

Smash Legend
someone should totally show me that :tagthingamobobbers: that make character's heads appear for each character :)

archer.

Smash Lord
Tired of playing Brian in tournament when we play all the time anyway but I guess there's no helping it. Fun tournament.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I fixed characters, tell me if anything is wrong

and kadaj, against mc. pee? I mean if you really felt like falco helped you be first seed in pools then i'll put him next to your name if you want.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Fun tournament. Glad I got to see people I haven't seen in awhile. Clearly I need to start practicing again, cause GA (AND THE SURROUNDING AREA) are just too good.

Quick Shoutouts-
P-1- Great tournament. Fun, well ran, and just overall a good time. Great job on your placing, you were playing the best I've ever seen you play at this haha~

Micaelis- Happy Late Birthday !! again =]. You played really well too, and hope you had a good time. Great choice switching to DK against MC PP I suppose haha~

Chas- Good seeing you, you played really well. Keep up the hard work bro~

Kadaj- Good stuff beating me in pools N'all that. Shouts to you for inspiring me to practice again.

MC PP- Great job in pools, fun playing you~

Neo-X- Good job finally beating me man you were playing great, and good stuff taking a game off of Kadaj =]. That improvement~

Scatt- Great seeing you man, fun friendlies. Tell your mom she better let you out the house more.

Esam- Hype. Fun guy to talk to. Good job getting the gusto~

Biglou- We're not friends anymore ._.

Flea- Fun friendlies ! We gotta start grinding cause clearly GA's just getting too good lol~

everyone else <3 N'all that =]

*PewPew*

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill give shoutouts later dudes

but what alby said GA and the surrounding areas are just TOO good <3

Player-1

Smash Legend
Shoutouts:

1. Turtl (DRN) ft. BBQ- GGs, don't go and forfeit next time so dumb >.>
1. BigLou ft.. BBQ Thanks for driving us and stuff
1. Esam ft. BBQ-GGs, I need to learn the ICs MU at a top level cuz i clearly suck at it :(, fun talking to you and stuff
1. Kadaj ft. BBQ- GGs brp, gj beating lounis. I'll be sure to get you next time
1. Micaelis ft. BBQ- good job getting 4th, happy belated birthday again. Thanks for finishing the tournament for me
6. Mc Pee ft. BBQ- Didn't talk to you or play you or see you play.....but good job anyway i guess? lolz.
6. Player-1 ft. BBQ- z0mg best bowser
6. Arch ft. BBQ- good to see you, thanks for driving NC out to this
6. Hero?! ft. BBQ- DAT PEACH MAN STAY PEACH.
6. Scatt ft. BBQ- Return of Scatt? Sorry you had to play neo x, but there really wasn't anything that could be done in the bracket.
11. H1N1 ft. BBQ- Good to see you also.
11. stockfield ft. BBQ- Good friendlies and tournament matches, continue getting better and stuff
11. ShaSlam ft. BBQ- Thanks for being the only AL person to come out to this.
11. Scatz ft. BBQ- Good friendlies and pools matches, you'll get better at the diddy MU if you keep playing me ;D
11. Neo X ft. BBQ- Good job taking a game off kadaj, sorry you had to play scatt though
13.5. uncle ft. BBQ- why didn't you win in pools so joe could have made it out? so sad, at least you got to see my bowser getting 3rd.
16. aml?! ft. BBQ- fun car ride with you, hyped for GaW FFAs on skyworld
16. Flea ft. BBQ- didn't talk to you or play you or see you play or anything.........but good job anyway :)
16. Killnator ft. BBQ- good matches, squirtle is ****ing stupid.
16. Aubrey Grahm (Alby) ft. BBQ- Alby picking up D3 again? fun talking to you and stuff
16. Player-3 ft. BBQ- stop SDing
21. Bic ft. BBQ- Thanks for coming from AL out to this and stuff
21. Player-4 ft. BBQ- Keep coming and hanging with Michael and you'll get better
21. Link Queen ft. BBQ- Good matches, nice to see you again
21. LionA ft. BBQ- Good friendlies, nice to see you again
26. mercy ft. BBQ- thanks for coming out

DRN

Smash Lord
Put Game and Watch next to Uncle as well. Its the reason he beat hero.

Shoutouts later

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
He couldn't beat Peach with Bowser? :o

Uncle, we need to chat.

Player-1

Smash Legend
uncle lost in pools, but it was the best set.

Game 3 on FD Bowser Vs Peach, uncle has a huge lead by like 100+ last stock, but chima makes the comeback. they're both high up on left side FD and uncle goes to bowser bomb on the edge while hitting chima on the way, but chima nairs and trades hits with uncle. Chima dies off the top and uncle dies off the side so uncle died faster and lost.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Yeah he went mostly bowser. Dk in a few matches

:phone:
Put Game and Watch next to Uncle as well. Its the reason he beat hero.

Shoutouts later
He couldn't beat Peach with Bowser? :o

Uncle, we need to chat.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's get some things straight here.

1. I only went DK in one game of pools against Player-3.

2. I first fought Hero in pools. The set was close, awesome, hyped, all Bowser/Peach, and it ended exactly like Player-1 said.

3. Hero and I met again in Loser's Bracket. Game 1 was Bowser/Peach. I won that. For Game 2, I was expecting him to bust out Pikachu this time (his secondary), so I went G&W, but he surprisingly chose Marth instead. Game 2 begins, and I manage to win that.

So, yeah, I went Bowser practically 3/4s of the time in this tourney. The other 1/4 was G&W and one game with DK. Shoutouts will come once I stop being lazy. :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
mc pee pants went MK to beat me in games two and three of our set in brackets, if you think that is of value enough to put mk next to his name.

shout outs i guess, ima just do it really quick.

ESAM, i wish we couldve played but like youd probably just think ima scrub

Big Lou, yo dude i love playing and talking to you

Scatz, i wish we couldve played more and tlaked more, you seemr eally chill and i reaaaaally reaaallly like your playstyle. so smart.

Flea, super fun dude and you have virtually NO salt twords anything, which is an amazing way to be dude, i enjoyed you alot

Micaelis, awesome as always, i forgot about our MM;s twords the end there, sorry for not giving you your two bucks lol

DRN, cool friendlies i would friendly you all day if i could

PLayer 1, awesome tournament, get on wifi more and play me

Hero, same for you man, play me on wifi alot lol

Arch, man, im salty i couldve beat you lol nah im not suitable to say that. anyways your mk is one of the best ive ever seen. you put mine to shame.

H1N1, idk dude you didnt really talk much but i hate ic's so i guess my shoutout is like uhh.... **** your character lol

Kadaj, you wrecked me in our friendlies, sadly we only got to play like 3. i loved them though.

alby, yeah i know man same goes for you. we need to chill more man when i come to these things.

mc pee pants, PLAY ME ON WIFI MORE TOO

and thats all i can think of for now but im sure im missing a couple people

yo dude, if yall think im some mean dude bcause of the way i post on here or in the AL thread thats totally not the case i love all of you man. i just enjoy being a **** on the internet, as do alot of people. forreal though im nothing like my posts dont be afraid to talk to me ever, dudes.

GA, i will be coming back to you guys more. GA/NC tooo pro.

Hawky

Smash Rookie
So sad I couldn't enter the tourney.
Happy birthday again to Micaelis. Some fun matches we had there... next time I MM you I won't go Falco.
Erm... Didn't really talk to anyone there or anything because I'm too quiet lol.
Wanted to play all of you but only ended up playing like... 4 people xD
Oh well... thats my fault. I'll play you guys at the next one. Hopefully... maybe..

Btw my birthdays coming up on the 8th of November... maybe we can get something going? :3

Oh and the Uncle vs Chima match was hype.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Yo I had tons of fun at this! Next time im not gunna party the day b4 a tourney xD,

Shootouts latter

:phone:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Eric - Thanks for all the tips and the birthday present. I really appreciate all of it. You're definitely one of the most respectable high level players I've ever met. I'm glad you've moved closer to our community and we get to play and learn from you even if you take all our money :p I'm going to keep working on getting better and try to give you a challenge next time we meet in bracket.

Craig - I'm glad we finally got to play in an actual bracket match for once! I feel like we never get to play and I really enjoyed it. I was happy about my performance and hope that next time I'll give you an even better run. We seriously need to friendly more next tournament. Good seeing you.

Lounis - Always a pleasure and thanks again for teaming with me. Sad to hear your Brawl days might be winding down but you have to do what you have to do for school and life and get that **** straightened out. Good luck with it all and we'll hang out soon.

Chas - You're dumb. You gave up because you hate playing me but all you had to do was beat me and then you would have got to play Kadaj. You make me hate fighting you only because every single time it's pure shenanigans. I can't remember the last time I had a legit set with you except maybe one out of the last eight times. I still had fun hanging out with you but grr I swear...

Michael - You're getting better. Just keep working at it and concentrate/focus and you might end up going somewhere.

Chris - Great matches. As always you surprised me with some random character that you played so well with (Marth). Sorry you had the SD but I loved my spike on you :D and yeah, the CG vs Wolf is gay. It's why that MU is actually bad. I'm sure next time you'll have a bag of tricks waiting for me. You're always a scary opponent to face. Great seeing you and hope to see more.

Hunter - Great tournament. Thanks for hosting it on my birthday since I didn't want to. Good job placing so high once again. You're clutch against these OoS people. Just work on a couple of MUs and maybe some patience and I can't wait to see what will happen.

J.D. - Thanks for driving NC down, it made the tournament even better (a great birthday gift on top of the $1, ha!) I had fun playing friends and hanging out. I can't wait until I get to see you guys again. I'll try to work a car out for Nov 5th but it'll be hard. We'll see.

Chima - Always enjoy seeing you and playing with you. Great Peach like always and great stuff in pools. Thanks for making it out and I'm looking forward to you kicking my butt next time we meet ;)

Andrew - Nooo, we didn't get to play much but I'm so happy you made it. It's great seeing you again and I hope you can make it to more tournaments. If they're hosted at Lithonia you'll have a higher attendance rate right? I'll try to make it happen so we can play more in the future.

H1N1
- You're mad funny in those random friendlies at my place. My favorite was you winning against Uncle by spamming G&W's Side-B and landing three 9's. Good matches in pools, sorry to hear you weren't feeling it then but I thought you were still doing well. We'll have to play some next time I'm up in NC.

Stockfield - Always enjoy seeing you. We didn't get to play like we normally do, ha. But we'll play for sure next time. I liked the hair-do too btw.

Slam - I always love seeing you man. I'm so glad you made it out. Sorry to hear everyone went MK on you but yeah, so many of us have pocket MKs and it's just what happens when you use your own. He'll be gone soon and your Wario is still good and your D3 was looking nice too. I'll be at AUSOM and we'll have to hang out and play some more friendlies. Don't worry about the money match, I don't care lol. I was just sad that you left and I didn't get to say bye. See you next week hopefully.

Roderick - Thanks for coming up. It was great seeing you like always and Taco Mac was fun. I'll keep your controller safe for you until next time. Sorry you always end up playing me in Losers Bracket somehow. Already looking forward to the next time you make it up here.

Nima - It was great spending some more time with you this time around. You're a really chill guy. Sorry if your sleeping spot wasn't the best, I apologize. You have a really good Bowser/DK, I just wish Wario didn't gay them BOTH over. But your G&W is legit too so I guess it's all good. We'll play some more and get some DK dittos in next time I'm in NC.

Jayson
- I'm sad we only got a couple friendlies in this time. I know I said I'd see you out but I got so busy running pools and all after that that I completely forgot, I'm sorry. We'll have to get some extra friendlies in next time I'm in NC for sure.

Joe - Your Fox is still looking good. But I hope you learned your lesson about knocking Warios off platforms, hah! And for real... stop killing yourself. Just play a little safer and don't always try to make the big plays. You're a good player but you can only do so much with the handicap you give yourself (2 stocks).

Tim - Great meeting the 4th "Player-" and finding you at Tech. Had fun chatting with you in the car and really appreciate the gas money. I'll hit you up for more friendlies and you can help me learn the Marth MU and teach me to play him at the same time. I'm excited about the future.

Harris - Thanks for making it out. Sorry you had a rough day and didn't feel like you were playing well. You were definitely doing well in the friendlies we played tonight and if we keep playing together you're going to get really good. I'll keep you updated about tournaments.

Demonte - Good seeing you. We didn't get to play at all this time around but next time for sure. I liked the Jester hat on you more than me anyways. You worked it well, hah.

Angelo - Good job taking Chas to game 3 and last stock. Good matches!

Alby - Always great seeing you. Your Falco still looking legit. I'm so happy you're making it out to tournaments again and can't wait until you get to GA State so we can maybe play more often.

Everyone - Thanks for coming to my birthday tournament. It was mad fun and I really enjoyed myself. Kind of sad we didn't have more of an after-tournament dinner with the entire crew but NC was clutch and filled in for the rest of you guys. Until next time.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
1. Esam :pikachu2::popo: ($156) Doin what you do: winning money. Don't almost lose to Kadaj next time, scrub.

2. Kadaj :snake::metaknight::marth: ($78) CRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGG! You got a lot better since Gold Mine. We were both on point and I only won because ICs are the best. I'll make sure to play more Pikachu throughout the tournament so I don't have to warm him up in Grand Finals. Highlights of the tournament: Double samus destruction and me carefully not going on the treadmill on PS2 while CGing.

3. Player-1 :diddy: ($26) Yo, you played so ridiculously well. You vs DRN....oh my god. Your style is unique, but it does get predictable. Mix that **** up son! Also, ICs > RC.

4. Micaelis :wario::dk2: Your Wario is quite good. Unfortunately, I play 2 MUs you have no way of knowing. Yay novelty factor! Seriously, your Wario is one of the better ones I've played, and I've played a lot. Those bites...ugh...

5. BigLou :snake::diddy::metaknight: I really need to keep practicing the MK CG just in case people CP me like you did. That frigate match was very close. Dat diddy MU is too free though.

5. Turtl (DRN) :zerosuitsamus: (forfeit) I think the title of the tournament was made for you! ****-talking aside, it was nice seeing/playing/housing with you. Your house is ****ing huge! Your basement is almost as big as my house at home...

7. H1N1 :popo: Yo, so I heard Farm was raised on a farm with no parents and did everything with bear hands. Yes I said BEAR hands and not BARE hands. He JV 6 stocked MaNg0 in Melee and JV 5 stocked M2K in brawl. Yeah, that's right, he ***** them so bad he had 2 STOCKS EXTRA ON HIS JV! Fun riding with you, the ultimate NC troll.

9. Arch :toonlink::metaknight: Thanks for driving me and letting me win all of this money :D Your TL is pretty good, you just have to stay confident in it. Don't ***** about the MU so much and play. If you lose, learn.

9. Scatt :snake::olimar: I would've been scared 1st match Snake vs ICs...but I know the Snake MU ridiculously well. You are mad good, yo.

9. uncle :bowser2::gw: BOWSAH POWAH! I BEAT YOU IN THE DITTO MWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Legit person, legit player. Dem low tiers though.

9. Scatz :yoshi2: Such a weird Yoshi...you play unlike any other Yoshi I've faced (mostly Polt lol)

13. Shaslam :dedede::metaknight: COME ON AND SLAM! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM! COME ON AND SLAM! IF YOU WANNA JAM!

13. Stockfield :snake::rob: Them friendlies though! Your snake isn't that bad, but you have to be slower when you are F-tilting. Seriously, don't commit to the 2nd hit if they shield it....and if you hit you have plenty of time to hit confirm the 2nd one. Chillax. You could've beat Chas had you calmed down and not gotten too aggressive. He ain't Salem.

Scatz

Smash Champion
1. Esam :pikachu2::popo: ($156) - Sad that I played so badly vs you in pools. Next time I'll give you a better run. ;) Best believe that you won't find a Yoshi that plays like me. Congrats on winning the tourney. Your pikachu reminds me of this:

2. Kadaj :snake::metaknight::marth: ($78) - I see you improving mah dude. Keep working man, it's paying off. Next time we're at the same tourney, I want Marth practice. I didn't get to have the practice since you were busy running through losers :(

3. Player-1 :diddy: ($26) - Thanks for the practice. I see I'm going to have to practice on my own time before having a chance of taking sets off you. Keep working with dat Diddy!

4. Micaelis :wario::dk2: - You've gotten a lot better at the Wario/Yoshi MU. Plus, you played hella good. I'm just gonna have to get better and beat you outright. Don't worry about us having to play all the time. It's expected when we're up that far in brackets.

5. BigLou :snake::diddy::metaknight: - This *****. We practicing during the winter break. That's like the only time I'm back at home.

5. Turtl (DRN) :zerosuitsamus: (forfeit) - Thanks for cheering for me in some of my matches. Don't let yourself get so frustrated during bracket though man. I don't like seeing you frustrated.

7. H1N1 :popo: - Never got to play you, but you were chill at Taco Mac. Next time, let's get some friendlies in.

7. Mc Pe :wolf::kirby2: - Always great to see you again :)

9. Arch :toonlink::metaknight: - Same with H1N1.

9. Scatt :snake::olimar: - The return of Scatt?! I knew she wasn't going to stick with that punishment. Will enjoy seeing you back in the rankings.

9. uncle :bowser2::gw: - Bowser doing work?!?! Dude, you're hella fun to be around. Glad I got to play dittos with you. Makes me wanna work on my Bowser more. :)

9. Scatz :yoshi2: - This scrub should practice so he can actually not lose and kill himself. Seriously, practice until you REALLY become a robot so you can start placing top 5.

13. Shaslam :dedede::metaknight: - I should've played you with my main. I normally play Mario to practice jab mixups. You got a solid D3. Hope we get to play again soon. I'll try to make it to an AL tourney sometime.

13. Neo X :warioc: - Great seeing you again. Even better job taking a match off Kadaj. Wario's your real main, so stick with him.

13. Hero?! :peach: - Always a fun time having jokes with ya. Practice up more and stick with Peach all the way!

13. Stockfield :snake::rob: - Yo, I really didn't like how game 1 went down. You were solidly beating me then. Next time we play though, I'll beat you into the ground without any weird stuff happening. ;) Enjoyed seeing your Snake improve compared to our last time. Practice that Yoshi MU!!

To everyone else - Enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new people. Always a pleasure being with the smash community.

Player-3

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTS TO P-3 FOR BEING THE MASTER OF SUICIDE

1. Turtl (DRN) ft. BBQ - stop sandbagging, just go luigi more bro

1. BigLou ft.. BBQ - thanks for the ride man, ice climbers are gay

1. Esam ft. BBQ - **** diddy's barrels

1. Kadaj ft. BBQ - **** diddy's barrels

1. Micaelis ft. BBQ - **** wario falling off platforms and farting you

6. Mc Pee ft. BBQ - i didn't play you at a tournament for once, this was strange

6. Player-1 ft. BBQ - ur bad

6. Arch ft. BBQ - fun teams matches

6. Hero?! ft. BBQ - HOW DOES MARTH VS ZSS WORK!?!?! good games in pools man, close stuff

6. Scatt ft. BBQ - leave the scene for a couple months and still wreck everything, not bad not bad

11. H1N1 ft. BBQ - good games in pool

13.5. uncle ft. BBQ - dat bowser getting 13.5'th place TOO GOOD FOR NORMAL NUMBERS

16. Aubrey Grahm (Alby) ft. BBQ - nice seeing you again, i'll shave eventually don't worry

16. Player-3 ft. BBQ - you're the ****ing best at killing yourself bro

21. Player-4 ft. BBQ - you've gotten better, stop being dumb though

Top Bottom