• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European Brawl Tier List

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Introduction
People want to see what a European Brawl tier list would look like and my existence is one of servitude. The aim of this project is to compile the tier list opinions of a selection of top players/theorists from all over Europe.

Procedure
  • In the below list you will find how many votes each country is allowed to have. The person marked in RED will be in charge of getting his countrymen to vote, or in several cases that person will be the only voter. We still need representatives for several countries! The numbers aren’t really debatable, unless you think you have a very good reason to ask for an additional vote. Once representatives have confirmed to do their job, I will send them the voting form via PM, they can distribute it to the people they pick.

[collapse=Countries and Voters]Denmark (1):
    King Funk

Finland (1):

France + Switzerland (9):
    Slhoka (no vote)

Germany + Austria + Luxembourg(10):
    Akuma

Italy (1):

Norway (2):
    Chiii
    Gardex

Spain (6):
    Edu
    Greward
    Joannett88
    Marcbri
    Raw
    Rydle

Sweden (1):

The Netherlands (8):
    Chair
    Gregs
    istudying
    Jumpman
    Marc
    Mr-R
    Orion
    T

The United Kingdom (5):
    Anaky
    Calzorz
    Cong
    C.R.Z
    Kasper

[/collapse]
  • Voting will end on the 11th of November. Every vote after this date will not be counted.
  • You are to assume these 10 stages:
    [collapse=Stage List]Starter:
    Battlefield
    Final Destination
    Lylat Cruise
    Smashville
    Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick:
    Castle Siege
    Delfino
    Frigate Orpheon
    Halberd
    Pokémon Stadium 1[/collapse]
  • Assume there is a Ledge Grab Limit for the entire cast.
  • Your entry will be considered null and void if you place Sheilda below the highest of Sheik and Zelda! She can by definition never be worse than the better one, as she is the optimal usage of both (AKA if transforming isn't good in a matchup, you don't, if it is, you do).
  • You can use this topic for discussion. I'll post my own list in a bit so people can critique it and ask for my infallible reasoning.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah, I tried really hard but the Nintendo community here just didn't respond. Online Brawl scene lasted 2 years, offline scene lasted a little over a year. There are still some people that play of course but not as competitively as I'd like them to.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Confirm me for that D:

I think Spain´s scene maybe should have a bigger number considering our size but I will already have trouble to get 4 players who care about this/are competent, so no problem xD

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
So if there are multiple people for a country, does each and everyone of them have to make their own tier list or just work together to make one that represents their country's vote?

Ok nvm :)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hmm il be in charge of getting UK voters.

So yeah it'l be

Anaky
Calzorz
Kasper
Cong
C.R.Z

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I do think too that Spain could maybe use one or two more voters, as their scene is rather large. Finland and Italy should also have 2 or 3 voters in total, as they're much more active scenes than Sweden and Denmark. Aside from that it seems all good.

When can we expect that PM, Marc?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Finland I agree with, I don't see how Italy deserves more votes though, last time I heard or saw anything about them it was a Snake DACUSing his way through GF against a Pikachu.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Finding 9 additional people from Germany, Austria and Luxembourg will not be an easy task for Akuma. Some of his choices will be rather easy to predict but a solid panel of 10 people? I have a hard time seeing it ... I think smaller panels would be more effective, easier to deploy and I don't think it'll affect the result negatively...

Scandinavia: 3 - 4
England: 3 - 4
Spain: 4 - 5
Netherlands: 5 - 6
France + Swizerland: 6
Germany + Austria + Luxembourg: 6

:059:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Confirm me for that D:

I think Spain´s scene maybe should have a bigger number considering our size but I will already have trouble to get 4 players who care about this/are competent, so no problem xD
Cool. If you run into a situation where you would like 1/2 more votes I'm not going to be a **** about it. Keep in touch.

So if there are multiple people for a country, does each and everyone of them have to make their own tier list or just work together to make one that represents their country's vote?

Ok nvm :)
Does that mean you want to do it for your country?

Hmm il be in charge of getting UK voters.

So yeah it'l be

Anaky
Calzorz
Kasper
Cong
C.R.Z
Seems like a solid selection.

When can we expect that PM, Marc?
Tonight most likely. As for number of votes, like I said to Marcbri I'm not going to be too difficult about it if people really think they need 1/2 more votes.

Gheb: Less people means outliers have more of an impact and it's not like these people even need to get together. They just need to vote once in an online form, discussion is pretty much optional. Surely our scenes have more than a handful of active players.

Laem

Smash Champion
Make Peach and Sheik top tier please. Especially the former.

Thanks in advance.

:053:
You got it.

o_O

Honestly Akuma getting 9 more people shouldnt be too hard, just a coupla top players (LP, Staco, Blub, quik, semifer, light etc) and like gheb and crysis or desti
France shouldnt have trouble gettin 9 either
Spain on the other hand... marcbri greward rydle.. then who xD

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know, Finland has the largest brawl scene in the Nordic countries with about 30 active players (Norway comes close but Finland has tournaments a bit more often, Sweden has no scene, and I'm quite sure Denmark has a smaller scene than Finland), so having 2 or 3 voters from Finland would be a bit more logical than only one.

Is having Sweden on the list reasonable, considering the fact that they don't even have brawl tournaments?

So our representative receives a PM and gathers the other voters' votes and sends them back to you?

I'll listen to what our scene has to say about who'll represent Finland, I'll let you know when we've decided that.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
If Sweden's situation is that bad we can remove them, no one stepped up for that country anyway. I wouldn't be too opposed to Finland having two votes, but a scene of 30 people isn't that big. Furthermore, you banned a character that is legal for literally every other voter and I'm not sure what that means for your perspective. But yeah, let me know who your scene would like to vote and we'll go from there. Assume two voters at most though.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Aight Marc Myself, Calz, Cong & C.R.Z have sent our results in already. Im still trying to get in contact with Kasper if he doesn't respond im going to get J.Miller to do it because Kasper has been really inactive lately.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Aight Marc Myself, Calz, Cong & C.R.Z have sent our results in already. Im still trying to get in contact with Kasper if he doesn't respond im going to get J.Miller to do it because Kasper has been really inactive lately.
Thank you for being that active. So far, UK's reactivity is the best by far.

Also, some of you (Edu, Rydle, King Funk) did not complete the last question : don't forget there's a second page ;)
I can understand that it's a bit long and you may not have the time to do it. That's why I would advise you to prepare your list beforehand.

Claff

Smash Rookie
Ignored? I can submit a survey on behalf of Sweden within the next couple of days, if that's okay.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Including Sweden is only reasonable in a geographical sense. I cannot get behind allowing someone with no relation to the European smash scene to come here and leave their mark on the tier list.

But for what it's worth, Izaw checks out. The rest, not so much.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Thank you for being that active. So far, UK's reactivity is the best by far.

Also, some of you (Edu, Rydle, King Funk) did not complete the last question : don't forget there's a second page ;)
I can understand that it's a bit long and you may not have the time to do it. That's why I would advise you to prepare your list beforehand.
Sometimes I start it and I stop doing it. I'm doing it for good on sunday.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Ignored? I can submit a survey on behalf of Sweden within the next couple of days, if that's okay.
Sorry, I missed your post earlier.

Including Sweden is only reasonable in a geographical sense. I cannot get behind allowing someone with no relation to the European smash scene to come here and leave their mark on the tier list.

But for what it's worth, Izaw checks out. The rest, not so much.
Pretty much this. If there's to be someone for Sweden, I want one of their best players.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Alright, I've got 18 complete answers so far. UK and Norway are done. Good stuff guys!

As for the French, getting voters is not that easy, I don't know when they'll start voting.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Complete answers :
UK, Norway

Gheb, Luigi_player, Marcbri, Greward, Chair, iStudying, Marc, Mr-R, Orion, T.

Incomplete : Edu (twice lol), King Funk (twice as well lol), Crysis/Desti

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
hum, this last tourney has changed my mind on a couple of characters. running the vote again can change my votes?

Top Bottom